• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Wigglytuff's Guild

Status
Not open for further replies.
R2 – Day 8, Noon ~ The Darkwhite

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Wigglytuff's Guild overlooked the eastern edge of Treasure Town like a looming, protective giant. The Wigglytuff-shaped top to the building led to an underground complex of hallways and chambers with several kinds of ladders to assist all body types in their climbs up and down. Past the notice boards for missions and outlaws, and into the bottom chamber. The in-house dorms for the Guildmates who still lived there, in addition to the general Guild staff, made up the majority of this portion of the cliff headquarters.

Most of the times that weren't dinner or morning, these halls were empty save for the occasional staff member. Most Guildies were out on missions or hanging out in town rather than in their simple quarters.

<><><>

Simple refreshments and small snacks were laid out for the visiting heroes, though the meals were consciously kept light considering their recent curry adventures. Maple had gathered as many as she could, and Diyem helped to inform the rest of what was happening, though he did not obligate them all to go. After all, he could just quietly inform them of the news, so long as at least one of them were there--and Owen, diligent as ever, was among those who attended.

"Thank you all for coming," said a Chatot at the front of the Guild, before a great door that led into the Guildmaster's room. His voice was proper but high-pitched, not unlike a strict but tiny librarian. The Guildmaster himself, meanwhile, stood by his side, staring blankly ahead. He was a Wigglytuff with a happy smile and a menacing aura despite it, and for some reason Owen found that combination strangely familiar. Also with them was Balm, who had his own seat to conserve his strength and ease his dizziness and fatigue, and Cepa, who floated by his side. Soda was absent, as was Flesh and Leg--he was likely taking care of them somewhere else. Potluck sat by Maple's side, trying to stay polite despite his wagging tail, and Truffle had taken up the role of note taker.

"Yes, thank you!" Wigglytuff said, his voice an unnerving combination of deep and childlike. "Friends, friendly friends from a whole other world!" He gasped. "No! Many other worlds!" He outstretched his tiny arms. "I can't thank you enough for saving the town!"

"Indeed," Chatot emphasized. "Without your efforts, this town would surely have seen its final day... But that is for another time. Right now, we have a more pressing matter to attend to." He straightened, and then looked to Balm and Cepa. "Team Spice--Meganium Thyme and Feraligatr Pepper--are still missing. They had gone off to investigate strange happenings in the Lush Prairie, but were not seen since. They didn't become gigantic like the Magikarp have, otherwise we would have seen them. But we also have not recovered a trace otherwise; they must still be out there.

"Right now," Chatot went on, "they are considered missing, and are a top priority. As we speak, several Guild members are tracing their path and finding any signs of where they may have gone. there is no doubt that this has something to do with the other crises that are striking the entire world. And as such... we have gathered as many of you as we could to get a full picture of everything we know so far. Perhaps,from that, we can glean further information by pooling our knowledge together."

Chatot paced, then finally raised a wing to address them all despite his small stature. "So!" he began. "If possible, tell us everything you know or think you know so far about all of this. A broad question, but an essential one."

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"Well, we came here knowing that there was a giant Magikarp that threatened to destroy the town, but we didn't know what exactly caused her to become so gigantic," Cabot began. "After we defeated Sushi and Sashimi, me and some of the others checked out that prairie with Maple, where we found these strange rocks."

The Cranidos promptly pulled out one of the useless lumps from his satchel and showed it to everyone.

Last edited:

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave spoke up after Chatot's introduction. "Yeah, uh. So why are we assuming people disappearing has something to do with Pokémon going gigantic? Is there some evidence that it's related? Because it doesn't sound very related.

"As for what we know..." Dave looked irritably around. "Kind of fuck-all, to be honest. Has anyone been learning anything interesting? Because if you could tell the rest of us that'd be great."

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa, who'd accompanied Owen in, offered up an explanation of what had happened in the Bluff earlier. It felt like her first time walking a rope bridge over the ravine to speak in front of such a crowd, but she'd done that and she'd do this.

"Celeste, Ashwood and I were down at the Bluff before, and we found that Turf's sickness was caused by some kind of shadowy critter that only members of the new posse from other worlds can catch sight of. A few of us, including Starr, thrashed it outta her okay, and Necrozma thought to catch the bastard in a jar. I believe Truffle's keeping it under watch?"

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"I am," Truffle confirmed, and then produced the jar from his bag. It was invisible to him, but Owen quickly confirmed that it was there, and Maple then brought out the other, water-filled jar, which showed the creature more clearly.

"Invisible," Chatot said. "Well, it's no wonder we couldn't see anything! But that means the threat could be anywhere and we wouldn't know it..."

"Indeed," Maple said. "But the way it manifested... I saw it happen to Balm. It was like a part of themselves emerged from their back, hazy like a ghost possessing some hapless victim. Yet it was themselves, somehow. I don't fully understand it..."

"Unfortunately, that means that our prospects of finding Team Spice has more or less not advanced at all." Chatot tilted his head, eyes showing his pensive concern. "We will have to continue tracing their steps..."

...Uhuhu... huhu...

Chatot bristled. "What was that?" His feathers fluffed out.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Cabot visibly tensed up.

"I recognize that laugh... Wait! That's the fire spirit that destroyed part of the marketplace the first night we got here!"

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Brisa, who'd accompanied Owen in, offered up an explanation of what had happened in the Bluff earlier. It felt like her first time walking a rope bridge over the ravine to speak in front of such a crowd, but she'd done that and she'd do this.

"Celeste, Ashwood and I were down at the Bluff before, and we found that Turf's sickness was caused by some kind of shadowy critter that only members of the new posse from other worlds can catch sight of. A few of us, including Starr, thrashed it outta her okay, and Necrozma thought to catch the bastard in a jar. I believe Truffle's keeping it under watch?"
"Whoa, what?" Dave looked from Brisa to Truffle. "Okay, shouldn't we be looking into what the hell's going on with that, then?"

Only then there was a strange, disembodied laugh that sent a shiver down his spine, the hair rising on his back. At Cabot's words a dim memory came back to him. "Wait, the thing that attacked Zane that one time?"

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
The alarm on many of the assembled faces was enough to put Brisa into a battle stance, low to the ground and fur sparking.

"Get those jars safe, now," she hissed at Truffle. "Don't let this troublemaker break 'em!"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Aww, now why would I do thaaaat?

Suddenly, just as Truffle shoved the jars back into his back, the whole Guild hall went dark. The only things that cut through this darkness were Truffle and Maple's natural glow, as well as Owen's flame.

Did ya miss me?! "Because I'm right here!"

Suddenly the voice had a location, and the darkness thinned just enough to see the walls of their gathering chamber, but no further. It was as if it had suddenly turned to night. The source of the voice was the same as before, though more defined this time around--white, glowing eyes, a grin far too large for its face, and a hazy, purple body wrapped in gold and black. A spaded tail poked out from the bottom of this haze where its body seemed to completely dissolve into nothing. Occasionally, a paw reached through the haze to point and laugh.

"You all look so scaaared!" she teased, bending over backwards to clutch at her nonexistent belly.

"What--who are you?! Identify yourself!" Chatot angrily spat, despite the fact that every part of him was trembling.

"Me? Oh, me? NOW you want to know?"

"We've always wanted to know," Maple said, readying her blade of light from her paw, yet she knew it would be futile.

Somehow, the thing's grin became even wider. With a flourish, she spun in a small circle and struck a pose. "I'd be more than HAPPY to introduce myself," she announced. "You can call me... The Darkwhite!"

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"Hey, what the fuck? That's not a fucking Pokémon I've ever heard of." Dave stepped back, baring his teeth. The run-away instinct was there in full force - but the thing wasn't even attacking. Just taunting them. "What do you want?" he growled. "Are you here for the shadow slugs?"

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Celeste’s heart was beating like a drum, but the way the thing was laughing at their fear made him determined not to show it.

It was a story hero’s job to be able to quip back in such situations, lest their reputation falter. He had to think of something.

“So you call yourself Dark White? Is that not that just a roundabout way of saying Grey?”

It would have to do.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Darkwhite puffed, pouting toward Celeste. "I'll have you know, my name is cool and way better than all of your dumb names! You guys look like you came straight out of a dumb fairy tale!"

Owen wondered if it was wise to counter that considering what she'd done in the marketplace a week ago.

It was impossible to tell if there were any openings to Darkwhite's stance. Everything was all in a haze; this wasn't a standard opponent where some opening in her posture would leave a blind spot. Darkwhite moved and swiveled randomly, playfully, and never revealed her torso--if she had one at all. The head was too high to pounce on, and she was too small of a target, practically as large as Brisa, perhaps a little larger.

Cabot, however, was not deterred. His legs were tense and ready to propel him forward at the slightest provocation. "We aren't going to let you take them without a fight," he warned. "We worked hard to get those!"

"Oh, congratulations! You caught two cute little parasites. I'm not really interested in those anyway." She shrugged, but then her grin returned, nearly touching her eyes. "I just wanted to watch you guys plan. Go on." She gestured for them to move forward. "Where IS Team Spice? Uhuhu..."

Partners
  1. skiddo-steplively
  2. skiddo-px2
  3. skiddo-px3
  4. skiddo-iametrine
  5. skiddo-coolshades
  6. skiddo-rudolph
  7. skiddo-sleepytime
  8. snowskiddo
  9. skiddotina
  10. skiddengo
  11. skiddoyena
Skara had never seen a building shaped like someone's head before, and even as she'd settled near the back of the forming crowd she wasn't sure whether she thought it was more adorable, or conceited. At least it seemed as inviting on the inside as it was apparently intended to look on the outside. Just as well. It would've been a bit much to try and listen to all this important-sounding info from total strangers if the place were cold and drafty.

The information flew thick and fast, and it was a lot to take in—she sorely regretted being late. (But you can't be too careful, right? It could've been a trick. The Burning Brand wouldn't even be a thing if there hadn't been an upswing in... tricks.) Strange slug creatures. Weird, gray stones. Skara thought briefly of her everstone, back with the "real" her in wherever-she-technically-was, and missed the familiar weight around her neck. She'd checked the marketplace even with Diyem's warning, just to be sure, just in case there was a problem, she didn't want to be helpless if anything happened—

Something happened. Skara shrunk instinctively back into the crowd as the thing loomed over them, its smile stretching far wider than a smile had any right to. (Smiling out of the mist, looming over her, laughing, no sign of— no. She wasn't there. This was not there. Whatever this was, it wasn't a mistlord. She didn't know what the heck it was, but...)

"What... what sort of pokémon are you, Darkwhite? Who invited you to this place? Why are you interested in... us?" She was trembling slightly, didn't really bother hiding it, but kept her gaze on the creature as best she could—in part because no fool would take their eyes off such a thing, and in part out of curiosity that probably shouldn't have been the highest priority, but. Well. Who wouldn't be? If the Darkwhite actually responded, what else might they learn? (Skara certainly needed to learn something if she didn't want to be completely lost...)

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"What sot of Pokemon am I? Hmmm..." Darkwhite spun and spun, and at some point Brisa was bold enough to aim for an electric shock. It passed through her like it was nothing, and Darkwhite didn't seem to even notice. "I'm a Pokemon that wants to have fun. That's my answer! Just..." She stared at Brisa, that grin never faltering. Brisa froze, looking for where the attack would come from, but none came.

Cabot decided attacking was a bad idea. Several others felt the same; tactically, Darkwhite had no openings.

Darkwhite drifted a little closer, but not too close. "I want to see you get stronger. It's no fun if I can just flatten you all right now."

Nip was skeptical, murmuring near Owen. "There's another reason. If there is a growing threat, you don't wait for them to get stronger. You get rid of it immediately."

"But I don't think Darkwhite is... thinking logically," Owen replied.

"Hmmm? What are you two talking about?" Darkwhite called.

"N-nothing!" Owen said.

"Hmph. Well, don't let me keep you from your meeting." Darkwhite waved them on. "Go on. What were you planning? Finding those old heroes who probably already fell to darkness?"

"I doubt they would be defeated so easily," Maple said. "That is why it's still a rescue operation, not a recovery operation."

Darkwhite shrugged, smirking.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Darkwhite puffed, pouting toward Celeste. "I'll have you know, my name is cool and way better than all of your dumb names! You guys look like you came straight out of a dumb fairy tale!"
Hey, he liked that element of his name! Why would he have chosen one that didn’t sound like it could work in a story?

“You’re one to talk, Grey. Our names may sound like they came from a storybook, but that’s better than having a name that sounds like it came from a colouring book!”

It occurred to Celeste that he may be picking a fight. That would probably be a bad idea. Maybe Grey would let it slide if he changed the subject real quick? They didn’t seem to have the longest attention span.

“Either way, why are you even here? I’m sure someone like you has a faster way to find Team Spice than sitting in on a meeting of other people who also don’t know where they are... So why are you here? Is it the refreshments? You seem like you could use a nice, relaxing cup of tea.”

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Celeste, careful," Owen said, half-whisper, half whimper.

Darkwhite paused in her twirling around, fixing her gaze on Celeste. "Well, you see, I have a pretty good idea where those five are," she said, flicking her paws in the air carelessly. "But it wouldn't really be any fun if I told you about that, now would it? Soooo you'll just have to figure it out for yourselves! But..."

And then, Darkwhite drifted a little closer to Celeste, her grin never wavering.

"I'm gonna remember you."

And then she broke away, raising her arms. "So are you gonna guess where they are, or what?"

Partners
  1. skiddo-steplively
  2. skiddo-px2
  3. skiddo-px3
  4. skiddo-iametrine
  5. skiddo-coolshades
  6. skiddo-rudolph
  7. skiddo-sleepytime
  8. snowskiddo
  9. skiddotina
  10. skiddengo
  11. skiddoyena
"Did... did you take them?" Skara asked, glancing nervously between Darkwhite and the absol. "If you know and we don't... and if no one can find them anywhere else...?"

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
Astrid’s hackles were raised. This was clearly no friendly visit. Negotiations were unlikely. Darkwhite (wuh?) hovered over in his own space of the room, at odds with the rest of the guild. Some several dozen Pokémon stared on with mixtures of hostility and confusion written on their faces.

“So you’re the reason they’re missing!” The vulpix barked, tasting ice. “What’s your problem with them, huh?”

(OOC: next post in Marowak Dojo)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom