• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Wigglytuff's Guild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Mellow walked in and caught part of the conversation. They were moving...? She hadn't expected that, though she supposed it had been a little cramped inside the living quarters. She'd been sleeping behind her stand for a while, once she had set up a sort of shelter to keep herself safe. It would be a shame to abandon her hard work...

The Charmander raised her hand and spoke up. "Would we still have an easy way to get here? Is there a chance some of us could stay behind? Just too...you know, keep an eye out for anything strange?" Which, if she could stay, she would! Especially since it would mean an emergency could be handled faster. Mellow waited anxiously for the response.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"...I suppose you could..." Maple said, frowning at Mellow. "I might be able to set something up for quickly traveling between the continents, similar to the Air Continent and here."

Then, nodding to Cabot, she explained. "It's a place in the Sea of Wonders, but it difficult to access normally. It was hidden in a specially made distortion for a while in an effort to keep it from evil hands, but... Well. It's less necessary now that Dark Matter is gone, but access is still restricted."

"There is a Lapras who normally takes you there," explained Balm. "That's how Team Spice had done it. But Maple, you also have access to there, right?"

"I do. It shouldn't be too difficult for me to get us there as soon as we're ready."

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Mellow, on the other hand, let out a sigh of relief. She wouldn't have to give up on her stand, then, and she could keep providing for others in need. Hopefully it wouldn't backfire... On a brighter note, perhaps with access to other continents, she would have an easier time finding different berries to add to her blends. Mellow managed to smile at the thought of that.

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram
A Mew floats in.

"Yo dudes what's hoppin'? I'm hearing stuff about an expedition?"

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“…Huh, is this the location of the reunion?”

Icetales poked his head into the room to study his surroundings, his expression a mix between giddiness and nervousness. The giddy side of him was looking for a chance to meet and talk to a legendary — a real legendary! — while the nervous (and more rational) side of him was wondering if he was strong enough to face potential battles in an unknown place.

He took a look around, his glances jumping from the portal-making Smeargle, to the brave Cranidos, to the sweet tea-loving Charmander, to another Charmander, to a jolly Mew…

…Wait…

Icetales looked at the floating cat, then rubbed his eyes with a forepaw to make sure that he wasn’t having one of his fantasies. He looked again at the spot. Yes, still there.

Oh, goodness! A Mew! A honest-to-Jirachi Mew!

The giddy half completely overtook the nervous side, and the now-confident Icetales strode into the room. He waved his tails, trying to grab the attention.

“Greetings, good folks! How is everyone doing in this fair day?”

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Never better," Vix yawned, having recently woken up. Twigs and leaves stuck out of her body, one such twig currently on fire thanks to it being so close to her flame. "I heard there was like a uh... trip somewhere? Thought it'd be nice to stretch my..." Vix looked down. "Oh yeah I don't have legs."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
This didn't bode well. "Be sure to behave yourselves," Maple said simply. "Diyem, if you're listening, the Hidden Land is another area that is obscured by distortions. You may have trouble directly contacting them. I will be sure that they are within my view at all times while there."

Diyem grumbled, but said nothing in response. "I guess he's okay with it," Owen translated.

"Very well. I suppose that means we are ready? Let me make the portal there." Maple carved the air... but nothing happened. "...Hm." She tried again, and nothing happened. Her tail lit up with gold energy and she tried again, this time creating a rip, but it quickly closed up again. "Strange. Something is obscuring my portals. Let me try again... Perhaps from..."

She carved another portal, and it opened with ease. "Strange... I had to start from further away from Temporal Tower. That isn't good."

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Mellow looked up when a Legend, this one being Mew, flew in. She blinked and then just stared. Everyone seemed so nonchalant about it... There were others that joined them, though, including one familiar voice that made her brighten up in an instant. She turned to the source of the voice and waved happily.

"Icetales! It's good to see you! We got called here because we're being moved to somewhere else, though.", she explained, then paused and added, "...Well, at least, if it suits you to move..."

She turned back towards where Maple was attempting to form a portal... And was failing. Mellow frowned and listened intently to Maple's comments. She had trouble because something was blocking her power? That had to do with distortion, right...? Like the one around the Silver Trench, if what she had heard was correct. That was definitely not good at all...

Last edited:

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
"Icetales! It's good to see you! We got called here because we're being moved to somewhere else, though.", she explained, then paused and added, "...Well, at least, if it suits you to move..."

Icetales beamed a happy smile. “Ah, it is most delightful to see thee, too, Miss Mellow,” he said cheerfully, before blinking in puzzlement. “Oh? Moving, hm? Well, as an old saying goes, ‘change is that spice that gives an unique flavor to life’. I reckon that a change of air shall do us some good.”

Then, he glanced at Maple as she said…

"Strange... I had to start from further away from Temporal Tower. That isn't good."

…and there was the issue. Of course they couldn’t have things going smoothly for once. Of course.

“Golly! How inopportune and concerning. How far is the portal from the Temporal Tower, Miss Maple?” He tilted his head. “Should we bring some extra supplies for the longer trip?”

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"Hey there!" Cabot greeted, waving at Icetales. "I'm doing pretty good! We're about to head out some place called 'The Hidden Land'."

The Cranidos paused as Maple seemed to be unable to open up a portal to the Hidden Land, tilting his head a little when she finally succeeded and mentioned it went to someplace further away.

"... Do you think Darkwhite could be causing this?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"You think we might have to fight her again? Or fight whatever she shadowfied?" Vix wondered aloud. It'd be a fun little venture, but she started to realize that this whole hero thing was turning her into a meathead. Fighting was always fun, but when was the last time she sat down and like, jotted down notes or, studied history...

Was Vix boring? No, she couldn't be. But she might be. Of course there wasn't anyone to ask, so she kept that to herself.

"Maybe it's not as serious as we think. It'd be a strange coincidence if Darkwhite went to the place we were just about to go to," Vix tittered.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Near the edge of the Hidden Highlands," said Maple. "Hold on. Let me check the safety of the area before sending you there..."

She peeked into the portal and seemed to be looking around. Then, she paused, sighed, and pulled back. "It's safe," she said, looking irritated. "Palkia and Dialga are just having a spat. Stay close to me and you'll be safe."

Without another word, she stepped through the portal.

Last edited:

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram
"Normally I like hanging on the sidelines... But eh, I'm bored."

He flew into the portal.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Whatever was going on was probably more fun than sitting around doing not anything. Vix always wondered what an argument between gods would look like, ever since she first heard of such a thing a few moments ago. She went into the portal behind the others.

R4 – Missing Heroes at Shaymin Village

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Several days passed without incident. Spontaneous searches throughout the Grass Continent turned up nothing, and perhaps by chance, the team was not able to find this mysterious Shadowed village at all. There were several reports of Pokemon looking a little antsier than usual, particularly in Baram Town and Shaymin Village, but it was never anything to investigate directly. It was difficult to analyze some of the towns even for Diyem, because the distortions of lingering Dungeons obscured whatever he could find. They still needed time.

On one of the days, Wigglytuff reported that Bidoof was taking longer than usual to return from his searches. And while that was typical of him at times, and nobody thought anything of it after one day, concerns rose when two passed. Pine and Nanab, still on their spontaneous searching spree, took up the mission of searching for him and reporting back.

...And then they, too, did not return.

<><><>​

"Thank you all for coming," Maple announced to the group. "This is an emergency meeting. Pine and Nanab have been searching for Bidoof, as you know, and have not returned. It has been two days, we traced their steps, and we can confirm that they have gone to their destination and simply did not return." She lowered her head, thoughtful. "They went to Shaymin Village."

Excuse me? Diyem said. I searched Shaymin Village myself, at least, as far as my distortions would allow... It is right near a Dungeon, so I can only see the peripherals, but there was no trace of Shadows inside.

Owen quickly translated this for Maple, who nodded. "And I sent Soda, Flesh, and Truffle all to search that village very early on. They spotted nothing suspicious."

Grr... It was placed somewhere I assumed was safe, and even after a closer scout, nothing turned up? Is there a corruption hidden deeper inside? Or is this just a false alarm?

"I see no reason," Maple said after Owen repeated Diyem. "Pine and Nanab wouldn't leave outright for something like this and stay away for longer than predicted unless something went wrong. I think we shouldn't be cautious about this; all of you need to go to investigate."

"We didn't see anything in the main village, so it might be somewhere deeper," Soda remarked. "Guess we can ask the Shaymin there, but..."

"I'm not sure what we will see, but once everyone enters, I will try to assist... if it's possible." Maple nodded, then looked to the others, who felt similarly.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut had to wonder if anyone had actually taken a look at the apparent mystery dungeon near the village. "I wouldn't put it past Darkwhite to have some way to hide Shaymin Village's corruption from you all. It's almost as if she knows we're the only ones who can do anything to her."

... which also begged the question as to whether or not them fighting against the shades was furthering Darkwhite's plans. But that was a raboot hole he didn't feel like diving down.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
A bidoof went missing after biting off more then they could chew? Man that reminded him of a certain someone. Nip decided not to say anything about that though.

"How early do you mean?" Nip asked Maple. "A moon ago? Several sunrises ago? We've seen that this corruption can happen in a relatively short time, like what we saw with Lugia."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Bidoof disappeared a week ago," Maple said, "and Pine and Nanab haven't returned any form of correspondence in two days. I don't think we should wait any longer."

"What I don't get," Soda said, looking irritated, "is why I wouldn't see anything. I'm a freaking Zoroark. I should have seen this..."

"It's not your fault, Soda," Maple said, eyes closed. "We are blind to this power. It isn't the same as an illusion."

Soda huffed, but didn't provide further input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom