• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Water Veil Cove

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Victoria scanned the area! But she found nothing unusual!

"Wallace!" Manaphy emerged quickly this time, waving in greeting. "And you must be Victoria!" they said cheerfully, waving to Victoria as well.

"It's good to see you, but... what do you mean heal Orzo?" they asked, tipping their head.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
The search proved to be fruitless, so Victoria dejectedly went back to Wallace. They were… they were speaking to Manafí?!?!?!

Victoria bowed. (“Manafí, it is an honor to see you.”)

At Manaphy’s question, Wallace stopped. No, things had to be okay. Things had to be okay.

“Orzo has fallen I’ll from poisoning—not the kind that can easily be healed with Antidote. But surely you can do something as a god! You’ve saved children, babies, sick mothers… You may not have the healing abilities of Tziráchi, but surely you can do something!”

"It's an honor to meet such a beautiful Milotic," Manaphy replied, dipping their own head in turn. "And a beautiful heart to match, who who is so gentle and caring."

Manaphy frowned, looking troubled. "I don't know..." they shifted uneasily, eyes glancing about. "I'm not much of a healer and..."

They paused. They trusted Wallace and Victoria, no doubt. But then their feelings were yet unfounded. And the theory seemed so silly...

"I am not sure if I can help," she said slowly.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"Wallace," Manaphy said slowly, their voice uncertain. "please don't misunderstand. I may be able to heal them. And I can try to heal Clink. But its not that I can't heal Orzo, I'm not sure if... if I-"

Manaphy's eyes went wide and with a great psychic force, they shoved Wallace aside hard.

zziipp

BOOM!

A shadow ball shot past Wallace and crashed into Manaphy, knocking them backwards and into the ocean. Two more shadow balls followed it, blasting into the spot where Manaphy had landed. Even if one turned around fast, there seemed to be no sign of the assailant. A blur of motion, an orb of light, and then a blinding flash encompassed both Wallace and Victoria's vision utterly, filling it with white.

Then everything fell apart.

A frantic telepathic cry from Manaphy. Wallace!

The sounds of attacks being traded - if Victoria was quick, maybe she might try to launch a few attacks of her own, though she was still blinded and had only her hearing to rely on. Manaphy, crying out in pain before there was another crash followed by silence. And before the light of flash had even faded, the attacker struck again.

First, Victoria. Two powerful blows in quick succession. Mud or dirt of some kind, into her face to blind her, make any attacks she'd try to launch less accurate. Then it struck at both Wallace and Victoria. A sphere of green, large and powerful, directly at Victoria, followed by another, and another and another-

Whatever attempts she might make to dodge, it didn't stop until she couldn't rise again. And unleashed one more, purely out of spite or good measure...

Then, without a shred of hesitation, a shadow ball came, striking down Wallace, knocking him into the sand hard, sending the world spinning, a ghostly chill enevloping him. Humans were never built to endure the wrath of a pokemon, at least not here... Perhaps, a shred of Wallace's consciousness remained. And as the light of flash faded and the world melted into darkness... a high pitched sound like a whistle and then-

GGRRAAAOOOOOUUUU!

A new cry split the air... a furious draconic one. A voice, in Wallace's mind, hazy and indistinct, the last thing he'd hear, even if his eyes had slipped shut.

"Hang in there, Wallace."

---

Latios panted heavily, vision blurring from tiredness as he frantically pushed every bit of his energy into healing Wallace and Victoria. Fury and desperation mixed with rage and exhaustion. The attacker, whoever they were, had evaded him again, always vanishing, slipping in an out from cover, kicking up sand. It had fled, maybe it had considered it not worth the effort? He hadn't even seen that vile thing-

He felt his energy slipping away and paused, struggling to gather himself as he peered at the human and the Milotic. Alive, but badly hurt. But with some time, Nurse Joy could help them. He was sure of it.

Mustering his strength, he carefully levitated the two, and started for the infirmary. Failed. Helpless. He'd barely rescued Steven just the other night. They hadn't even reached Irene, although she wasn't supposed to be out. And that poor Officer Jenny had somehow been taken from inside her office... And now Manaphy. Hurt badly, though she'd be okay eventually.

How much longer could this go on? And if even his fellow mythicals were powerless, then who would stop this? They were meant to be the protectors. Latios head hung low. Human prayed to them, but who were they to pray to?

---

After he'd brought Wallace to the infirmary, he sent a mental ping to Novo. He couldn't sense the young Umbreon's exact location, but he could tell they were around still. And they were the closest mortal he knew, which made him easy to reach.

"Pardon the mental intrusion, Novo. You should know that Wallace was attacked at the cove, along with Manaphy. Both are alive, but injured. Wallace and his milotic are resting in the infirmary. You may tell the others. Please... be careful. Victor is staying at the infirmary to guard the mightyena trainer and Wallace."

[[ @HelloYellow17 ]]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom