• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Water Continent ~ Revelation Mountain Summit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
“Well, I still think Sword would be safer here with Team Gyro,” Cabot said. “Giovanni and his spies can’t capture her if they don’t know where she is. I think that’s a smarter idea than taking her into danger and relying on your illusions, Soda.”

”And if we find Shield, maybe we can bring him to you instead,” Pleo said to Sword.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"If you're sticking with Darkwhite, then I'm sticking with you," Nate said to Soda. "You can't do shit to Giovanni if he's got one of his fucking blocker machine things going, and he saw through your illusion back at the lab, too. After all the shit we went through to get her here, I ain't just leaving her to get snatched up five minutes after we show up in town."

"Umm, if, uh, if Sword is a familiar, too, then maybe she can go into her stone?" Rocky said hesitantly. "I mean, then someone could carry her, and Giovanni wouldn't know where she was! She'd just look like an ordinary rock! And he couldn't see her in anybody's bag. Then she could come out when it was safe again." He fidgeted for a moment. "Maybe Maple should pick who she goes with and not tell anyone else who it is. If there is somebody here who wants to make Mewtwo happy... then they'll just say where she is right away. He'll know if she's with, with Soda. Or if we leave her here. If there really is somebody bad with us."

"Put her in somebody's bag and go deal with the shit in the village. Then she won't get hit, and if we all stick together, Giovanni'd have to fight all of us to get at her. He don't seem like he wants to do that, for whatever fucking reason."

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"I... want to see... Shield. He'll... protect me. He always has..."
"Sword, how about I bring Shield to you? We gotta get him outta house arrest first. I promise, I'll get the two of you back together."

Brisa looked around her. "Seems the safest plan is Sword stays here, in her core if possible, with Team Gyro to protect her. Team Spectrum and the God Squad heads straight to Destiny, now, and sort whatever shit's going down. And, ah. Free Shield, I figure."

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Cabot looked over towards Nate and frowned.

"And how would any of the spies know that she's here? It's not like we're just gonna go and tell everyone in Destiny Village. So unless you think Chip, Maple, Soda, or one of us is a spy, that shouldn't even be possible."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa clenched her jaw. Of course Sword could get handed to a fucking mole even outside of Destiny Village.

She spun the options through her head again and... yeah. Team Spectrum had to stick together, and Sword had to stick with them. That meant Sword coming to DV.

"Okay, okay, fuck. You're fuckin' right, Nate. Fine. Sword? Yer comin' with us."

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"And how would any of the spies know that she's here? It's not like we're just gonna go and tell everyone in Destiny Village. So unless you think Chip, Maple, Soda, or one of us is a spy, that shouldn't even be possible."
"You willing to bet on her life they're not? Giovanni sure as fuck seemed to think one of us lot was in on the game. He could just be fucking with us, for sure, but I don't see no reason to chance it."

Rocky stood stiff at Nate's side, now and again shifting away uneasily. "Sorry," he muttered. "Sorry, he's just... like this."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"He might be shadowed to hell, but he's not wrong," said Brisa, sighing. "Nate, can we rely on you to drop that isolatin' technique of yers again in a pinch?"

Brisa took a moment to lean down to Sword and explained the effect of Shadow Isolation.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"I was watching Nate perform it," Maple said. "We don't have time to pull off that same trick again."

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Celeste scratched his head. "Everyone on Team Spectrum was aware of our stealth mission ahead of time, no? That means that the only way one of us could be the turntail is if Giovanni let us free everyone but Ho-Oh without a fight. I would say the odds are in favour of those who were not aware of that plan being the only ones who we have to worry about."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
“Well, I still think Sword would be safer here with Team Gyro,”
”And if we find Shield, maybe we can bring him to you instead,”

"Sure, we can keep her protected," Pita offered. "Mew can Teleport us around to random spots on the Water Continent for a while. It'll tire her out, but--"

"Mewtwo can also Teleport, and there's no telling if we might have trouble contacting you before he does," Maple dismissed. "Leaving just you alone with Sword is... risky."

"Maybe I can turn into Sword?" Mew asked.

"A form as strange as that... No time," Maple concluded, watching as Mew tried, unsuccessfully, to properly emulate Sword's chaotic form.

"If you're sticking with Darkwhite, then I'm sticking with you," Nate said to Soda.

"Fine by me," Soda replied, nodding. "You're one of the ones that's talking sense, and you helped saved Sword last time, too. I doubt you'd be the spy, if we've got one with us."

Maple eyed Soda carefully.

"What?"

"Put her in somebody's bag and go deal with the shit in the village. Then she won't get hit, and if we all stick together, Giovanni'd have to fight all of us to get at her. He don't seem like he wants to do that, for whatever fucking reason."

"...I can do that," Maple said, approaching Sword. "Nobody but I and the recipient will know who got Sword."

"Wait, why you, huh?" Cal said. "What if you're the spy?"

"Then I'd kill you all here," Maple replied flatly. "None of you are stronger than me."

"That's... I mean..."

"Sword, how about I bring Shield to you? We gotta get him outta house arrest first. I promise, I'll get the two of you back together."

"Is the village in trouble...?"

Sword stays here, in her core if possible, with Team Gyro to protect her. Team Spectrum and the God Squad heads straight to Destiny, now, and sort whatever shit's going down. And, ah. Free Shield, I figure."

"But..."

"Okay, okay, fuck. You're fuckin' right, Nate. Fine. Sword? Yer comin' with us."

Sword nodded, though she still seemed uncertain.

"Everyone on Team Spectrum was aware of our stealth mission ahead of time, no? That means that the only way one of us could be the turntail is if Giovanni let us free everyone but Ho-Oh without a fight. I would say the odds are in favour of those who were not aware of that plan being the only ones who we have to worry about."

"That's true," Maple acknowledged. "Everyone with us could have sabotaged the rescue, but it had gone off extremely well. Still... and regardless, we can't be too careful. I'm going to now give Sword to a random person. Sword, can you withdraw into your Ultra Stone, now that you have it?"

"I'm... I've been trying to hang on... but it's getting hard."

"Let go. You will be fine. We will alert you if we think otherwise."

Sword looked fearful, but finally nodded. She took a slow breath; her body faded more, but it looked like it was drawing inward instead of scattering. And then... there was, briefly, a flash of relief in her eyes. She made sure to look at Brisa and Saltriv in particular, nodding--and then she was gone.

In Maple's hand was an Ultra Stone like all the others, maybe smaller than average. It glowed a dim, ominous, bright violet.

"Shake twice if you're okay," Maple said softly.

One... two.

"Then let's go," Maple said, raising her free hand skyward.

"Hey, what the--" Soda abruptly fell into the floor, disappearing from sight. The bushes far, far away rustled violently, like someone had suddenly landed there.

"Darkness," Maple mumbled to herself.

And suddenly, everything had gone pitch dark. Owen yelped in surprise, a primal fear awakening in him, and even Nutmeg seemed a little shaken when she said, "Hey, what's the bright idea?!"

"You mean dark idea?" Mew quipped.

"Fucking, really? Now?" Nutmeg snarled.

"Oop! That's another hundred in the swear jar!"

Some time passed in tense, buzzing murmurs. Maple seemed to be walking quickly around the team, passing by several members a few times, before the darkness faded and light returned.

"I have given Sword to one of us," Maple announced. "We go, now."

"Okay, seriously?" Soda called from far, far away from the team, pulling out several twigs and leaves from his mane. "What the hell?"

"Precautions, Soda," Maple said simply. "If you were the spy..."

Soda snarled. "You can't be serious. After--"

"Precautions." She turned. "Let's go. We've wasted enough time as it is."

She ran into the portal.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa felt a jolt of anxiety at the arrangement, at the risk, at the lack of any time to adjust after their most harrowing fight yet, but she would face her duty no matter what. Like always.

She slammed her remaining healing items, and charged through the portal, Luz and the rest of her allies beside her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom