• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Inaccessible] Veritas City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cino's Arrival

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
<><><>
Diyem had a nice little system in place. To his left was his overview of the world, which he occasionally spent time idling over to search for distortions, futile as it may have been. And on his right was a little book titled Perish Book, which had been recommended by Owen some time ago. The grim tone of the story was almost satisfying, but he hadn't gotten to the end yet.

And the end would have to wait, as he heard someone walking down the halls. "Mm. So a late arrival has come after all. That didn't take very long."

Last edited:

Torchic

Torchic Hugger
Pronouns
he
"Ugh, what?"

Everything was still a blur, he couldn't exactly identify where everything was around him, except for the Charizard in front. Something told him he was anywhere but home. The atmosphere here felt... strange. Thick. That voice... who was that? Late arrival?

"What... where am I? What is this place? Who are you?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"My name is Charizard Diyem," the very definitely a Charizard said, gesturing behind him. "And while you're late, I was intending to gather several Pokemon to save a world. the Charmander that had been in trouble is... saved for now, but the world is not. If you are interested in joining that world-saving force... you may. Time will not pass in the world you are from, and you likely won't remember what happened when you return unless your hero's aura fades... And so on." Diyem was tired of explaining it; the others would.

Torchic

Torchic Hugger
Pronouns
he
"Save a world? Another one? Mine's in critical danger, and you called me here to save this one as well? Give me a break! I've had enough happening to me for a life time, I don't need another life scarring experience, thank you."

He sighed, and whispered, "How did I even get here?" under his breath.

Cino's body shoulders dropped after a bit of silence and thinking about the Charizard's offer. "Alright, fine. You know what? What's the worst that could happen? I need a break from that horrible thing. I'm joining. It can't... follow me in here, right? It's just you and me."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"It cannot," Diyem replied with an idle wave of his claws. "So, if you're ready, then I'll send you along. I'll alert the others to your arrival as well. It should not be that difficult to adjust; it will be evening, so be sure to get some rest."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"No."

A bolt of black lightning struck Cino, and he was gone.

Diyem sighed and leaned back against his seat, grabbing Persh Book. "Hmph. The ability to kill someone by merely writing their name and thinking of their face." He turned the page. "That would have been convenient."

<><><>​

Mithos' Arrival

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Oh, wonderful. Infighting already." Diyem peered into his observation screens as his recruits began to bicker, some of it directed at him, some at one another. He didn't have time for this, not when he had to focus on channeling more energy into them, but more importantly... He sensed the presence of another late arrival.

"Yes?" He looked toward the marble entrance. "Were you sent by my call as well?" Perhaps this would answer the Necrozma's request. What a happy coincidence.

@Umbramatic

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram
"Woah, hey, I knew I had to be away from the Tree but this feels like too far!"

The little Mew with a strange crystal necklace swerved and floated around, investigating his surroundings, until his eyes landed on Diyem.

"Who the hell are you?"

His dad wasn't here. He could totally swear.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
A sudden icicle of dread stabbed through his chest. A Mew. Oh, gods, no. He already felt a headache coming on.

"Hello," Diyem said evenly. If this was like the rest, then perhaps he could play that to his advantage. "I am recruiting individuals to save a world currently under attack. Some twenty or more individuals are already hard at work preparing defenses; would you like to join them?" He motioned to the necklace. "I unfortunately cannot transfer materials there, and you will be given a new, Mew body. However... I will make sure your possessions are taken care of while you are away."

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram
The Mew arched an eyebrow. "Depends, is this new body dependent on a weird magic super organism? Cause if not I'm in."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"...I don't really know how to answer that," Diyem said flatly. "Are you referring to a Tree of Life? Because no. It does not." He raised a claw, channeling a strange energy around it. "Are you ready?"

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram
"Hell yeah I'm ready! Sounds fun!" The Mew's tail swished.

Angela's arrival

MidnightMutetation

Reviewing 'til I drop~
Pronouns
Her/She
"Hello?"

Where was she? Angela had been happily minding her own business until she heard a voice in her head -- always a good sign. It was offputting at first, but hey, maybe voices calling out to you in your head was a common thing in this no-human world. She'd believe anything after being shoved into a pokemon's body.

A sharp command for Benjamin to stay put in their little den-home, then she was off searching. The lopunny didn't know how much time had passed, but it must've been a considerable amount if she somehow ended up in a city-like area after all the wandering. All the while, the words "blacklight" and "true self" kept echoing in her head, whatever that meant.

At least the one good thing to come out of this was that there was someone nearby she could ask: a charizard reading a book while sitting next to... what looked like a pool of light?

'... One question at a time. Charizard first.'

"Hey! HEY! You, Charizard! I need to ask you something!" Angela hollered, jogging up to the stranger. Hopefully, he wasn't secretly one of those "ferals" and tear her throat out; she hadn't exactly mastered the art of running for her life without the urge to hop instead rising up.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Tch. He dies alone after all he's done. Foreshadowing so blatant that I had overlooked it. Very clever." Diyem turned the final page of the comic and set it aside, looking up at the new disturbance. There was fashionably late, and then there was...

"Hello." The Charizard stood up, looking the Lopunny over as he did all the others. The white marble room seemed to create light just from existing, making everything well-lit despite being completely underground. "I suppose you either wandered here by chance or because you finally realized where you were supposed to go. Did you hear my call?"

His voice was deep and somewhere between constantly nonchalant and jaded.

"The others are already there. Fought a giant Magikarp, as it goes. Perhaps you can help tend to them while they recover." It was hard to tell if he was speaking to himself or to the Lopunny. "Well, human, what do you need to know?"

MidnightMutetation

Reviewing 'til I drop~
Pronouns
Her/She
“Uh. You say that like you’ve been calling me for a while now...” Had there been a head voice before? She couldn’t recall hearing anything of the sort... But then again, nothing could be heard over the constant yapping of Madeline.

But that wasn’t the important thing here. “Yes, questions, I definitely have those. One, what’s that about a giant magikarp, and two, why are you calling me in the first place?” she asked, curiosity overpowering the exasperation for now.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Diyem held his breath, ready to sigh, and instead disguised it as an exhale through his nostrils that emitted wisps of smoke.

"A world of Pokemon was under attack by a giant Magikarp. They took care of that problem, and are now investigating the source. That leads to your second question: I am calling as many who come here to go in and help investigate that source."

MidnightMutetation

Reviewing 'til I drop~
Pronouns
Her/She
‘Investigate the source? Huh. So kind of like what I’m doing now, then... Oh. Right.’

Angela pursed her lips at the reminder. “And what about my friend? I can’t leave him alone for too long, or he’ll come knocking down walls to look for me. Do I get a chance to tell him about this, or...?”

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"When you return, it would be as if no time had passed at all," Diyem said simply, like he'd said so many times before. "There will not be any risk. It's likely you won't even remember this until your hero's aura fades. And no, before you ask, I know little about it myself. Only its properties. Such as making you easy to locate. Now, are you ready? You're missing story time."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom