• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Inaccessible] Veritas City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"The world's a funny place, isn't it?" Litwick giggled at Nip. "Just about anyone can do anything if they really wanted to, even if it doesn't make sense."

"But I don't think it was an illusion or anything like that. Maybe something really close to one but... I mean, I dunno."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Diyem felt that there was no need to answer some of those silly questions and started to triage the important ones.

Something about the Litwick gave him a horrible feeling in his chest. Was he going to talk about hope and light all the time? Perhaps he could tune it out...

"I should be clear that you may die," Diyem reiterated, glancing at Ashwood. "However, should you die, your spirits will return here. You are in no danger in that sense... But do not be reckless. I don't know if I can summon you back if you die, at least not easily. Your bodies will be temporary and powered by me... But should you die, that power, too, will be lost."

Mechanics alert: Do not die.

If you die, it is unknown how quickly your character will be able to return to the world, and when they do, they will be reduced to Level 1.

Note: Being Knocked Out does not count as dying.

Last edited:

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave leaned against a wall, trying to massage the headache out of his temples. This place gave him the strangest sense of deja vu, reminiscent of... some dream he'd had about being a fucking dog? Jesus Christ.

He supposed this wasn't any weirder than the mafia board game universe, or whatever the fuck. Talking Pokémon, 'hero auras' that he supposedly had, universes, whatever. He was done trying to make sense of this bullshit. He was here, for better or worse, and at least helping cute Pokémon in danger or whatever sounded a lot better than being made to murder each other for entertainment. Apparently they were supposed to help this Charmander being... beaten up by a... giant Magikarp?

"Look, I'm sorry, this is what we're supposed to be fighting? A Magikarp?"

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
"Yeah, why is a Magikarp here?" Ashwood said. "It dynamaxxed... but how?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Ate too many berries and had a really bad allergic reaction to it?" Litwick shrugged her candle arm nub things.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Yes," Diyem said to Dave. "It's as ridiculous as it sounds. However, there is a strong chance you will also be fighting whatever caused this incident in the first place. The Magikarp is a symptom of a greater problem. Consider this... a way to break in your new bodies when I give them to you."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"Huh." Dave scratched his chin. "I mean, okay. Not complaining. So what's this about new bodies?"

The Walrein

Vicinal Dragging for the Truth
Partners
  1. gulpin
  2. kricketot
  3. bulbasaur
Huh. Jaro didn't know what a Zoroark was, but he was familiar with the dream mist illusions Munna could create. He guessed that what he just saw might've been one of them, although all the illusions he'd seen before had been a lot hazier and less detailed than what he'd just witnessed. But, given all the other powers this 'Charizard' had - summoning people from across worlds, bringing back the dead holy crap was he hearing that right?! - it seemed plausible that he might be able to create super-realistic illusions, too.

"Ah... yeah, I guess it being an illusion would make sense. No idea what Charizard are, so no friggin' clue if it makes sense that they could do that or not, but this Diyem seems like he can do a lot of things," Jaro said to Nip. "You said your name was Nip, right? Uh, my name's Jaro Fire-... actually, just call me Jaro. I come from a place called The Vale on a world called Earth. I live - lived - in the western part of it. I'm a Jigglypuff, pure fairy-blooded. I'm guessing you're... normal-blooded?"

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"Fairy-'blooded'?" Dave raised an eyebrow at Jaro.

The Walrein

Vicinal Dragging for the Truth
Partners
  1. gulpin
  2. kricketot
  3. bulbasaur
"You know... like, normal-blooded, stone-blooded, wind-blooded, fairy-blooded?" The Pokemon here did have blood, right? Admittedly, Jaro wasn't one-hundred-percent sure if Geodude and Onix had blood or if they were just called stone-blooded by convention, but the very tall creature who had addressed him definitely didn't look like either of those species.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"You will be going to a world of Pokemon, and, for most of you, that means your bodies will not change very much. However... for some of you, the change may be dramatic." He eyed the humans in particular. "...In any case, that will be for when you arrive. As for the world... It is called something that most of you will not be able to understand. This world is so distant and unfamiliar, similar to how you all are to one another, that I will be translating what is said for all of you. It should be automatic once you are summoned. In a language we can understand, this world is called Cibus. Specifically, you will be going to their Grass Continent, as it is referred to."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"Why are you being so fucking vague? Jesus. 'The change may be dramatic? The fuck's that supposed to mean?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Aren't you just a wonderful ray of sunshine?" Litwick rolled her eyes at Dave. "I don't think you've said a full sentence yet without the word 'fuck' in it."

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
"That is correct," Nip said, replying to Jaro. "Well, my name is. But I am no normal type. Have you never met a sneasel before? Our skills lay in darkness... and ice." For effect, he puffed out a frosty cloud of air — a significantly weakened version of icy wind — just in front of him. Tiny crystals of ice formed and shimmered around him before melting away into nothing.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Necrozma shoved the annoying litwick away. Clearly, some in the group had been taken in already. Diyem... he was preparing to sacrifice them to World Ender. That much was clear. Necrozma would have to play along if he would have any shot of—

"New bodies?" His core darkened. "What are you pulling? If you are truly so powerful that you can bring this lot here together... why would you force us into new bodies?" He propped himself up against the wall. "For someone so keen on receiving this group's help, you're attaching an awful lot of restrictions."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"I mean, Jigglypuff in general are both Normal and Fairy. Something that makes you special, or what?"

Dave rolled his eyes at the Litwick. "Fuck off."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"I am vague because I'm not sure myself," Diyem said noncommittally. "Humans in particular... the mechanism that welcomes you to Cibus is not well-understood. But you will become a Pokemon. Which one is... difficult to predict."

And then came the question from Necrozma. Despite the suspicious tone, it was also very sound to ask ."I unfortunately cannot transfer your bodies this far across the realms," he explained. "Your spirits, however, can be sent much faster, along with my power from here. That is, unfortunately, my limit on such short notice."

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
What a noncommittal load of krokorok. "Are you sure you're not a bureaucrat?" Necrozma scoffed.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Alright, fuck you too then." Litwick's flame flickered angrily, deciding to focus on something more worth her time. Like Diyem.

"Short notice?" She asked. "How long has that big fish been a problem?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom