• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

updated! News Years Resolution! 2023

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
Pretty self explanatory. I will convert this to a gen. "What are your goal" thread in due time. Until then chatter away if you like with well wishes!

Last edited:

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Happy new year! Here's to a wonderful 2023 for everyone.

I didn't really have any resolutions for last year and wasn't sure how to approach things, but there's definitely a few I have for this year... guess I'll elaborate either in this thread when it changes to "resolutions," or in a new year's resolutions thread if a new one gets made!

Reactions: K_S

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
I didn't really have a sense of direction or writing goals for 2021, but this year I think there are definitely some things I'd like to try to do!

- Use regular sprints to make good progress on my fic. I had a decent groove down of doing a half hour sprint most nights, which was really helpful for moving my stories forward! Unfortunately I fell out of that with NaNo, but I'd like to get it started up again because it was really helpful. Will probably shoot for ~5 days a week to do this--I'm not really a person who can do things every single day.

- Talk about my fic more! I've enjoyed writing larger posts for e.g. chapter commentary, but I'd like to talk a little more about my progress and do some smaller, lighter posts, like fic memes/storycrafter prompts. I've been doing this a little bit with some commentary to go along with my nightly sprints, but I'd like to do some fun silly stuff as well as document progress more formally--maybe on Tumblr or something.

- Become more involved in the local writing community. In-person writer meetings are finally starting to crop up again where I live (I DESPISE Zoom), and I'd like to find some local friends to talk writing with, do some more original work.

I feel like 2023's going to be a big year for me! Looking forward to it.

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
For myself i want to try to drag Roost over the finish line and brush it off of its worst flaws post facto.

Then pick a new project to knock off the to-do list.

Beyond that i hope to just keep my editing and reviews for certian tales on the site more or less recent.

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
this is going to be a crazy hectic year for me IRL, so i'm reluctant to make any major commitments to shaking up my writing game, especially after my last couple years of resolutions have gone soooo well. but there are some things i want to change…
  • write more - ok, i always do this one, but i have an actual plan this time. in the past i’ve been committed to writing a particular fic and hitting a wall with it and then just spinning out. this year, if i hit a wall, i want to just bounce off it and write something—anything—else. maybe this means i get nothing done, but at least it means i’m writing. so far this year i’ve been successful with this and writing more than ever, so fingers crossed!
  • review more - i feel like the standards i hold myself to for reviewing are high, which can be good, but it also means i never comment on most of the stuff i read. i want to get better at leaving smaller reviews so that i’m at least engaging.
and that’s it! let 2023 be the year of Something Is Better Than Nothing.

Pen

the cat is mightier than the pen
Staff
Partners
  1. dratini
  2. dratini-pen
  3. dratini-pen2
My goal is to finish one of my chapterfics. Will it be Dragon's Dance, with 5-6 chapters left? Making It Big, with about 8 chapters left? Or The Suicune's Choice, with a whopping 1 chapter left. You'd really think the answer to that would be easy, but we'll see . . .

Spiteful Murkrow

Busy Writing Stories I Want to Read
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
Belated, but I suppose that given my writing is on a de facto freeze until the end of RB4 so it still makes sense to make one of these. But my goals for this upcoming year are to:

Writing:
  • Update Once a Thief and the offsite version of Fledglings a double-digit number of times prior to 2024
  • Update the TR version of Fledglings with actual story content at least 24 times prior to 2024
  • Crosspublish Once a Thief to Bulbagarden Forums and get it concurrently updating with other versions of the story prior to 2024
  • Write and publish a 10th Anniversary Special for Dragonspiral's Children by July 20th, 2023
  • Participate in at least one Drabble Bingo or writing contest prior to 2024
  • Finish a complete rough draft of "The Zoroark Gift Fic"™ prior to 2024
  • Complete an end-to-end high-level plot outline/scene list of at least one of the plot bunnies presently titled "Land of Wolves" or "World on Fire"
Reading:
Dunno if I'll make all of these, but eh. I've always liked aiming high with my goals. Gives me something to strive after.

Last edited:
Top Bottom