• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Tree of Life ~ Exterior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Koa smiled at the sight of all the pokemon returning. A Charizard, Roserade, and oh! a Rampardos as well. Seeing it brought back memories. He also saw a strange-looking Luxio, which he guessed might the Brisa Luz had mentioned. His eyes watered, just a little. Oh dang it, don't cry.
something about seeing friends reunited like that just....tugged on his heartstrings. It had to feel nice, being that close to someone, that open. It made him long for his team, and a dull ache formed in his chest.

He watched from the sidelines as friends reunited, the Luxio evolved (what kind of Luxray was that?) and a weird Chandelure(?) appeared. He found himself subconsciously taking a step back. The moment was touching, but a stark reminder that he was an outsider to all of this: the relationships, the team, even their strength, and training.

But maybe it was better that way. At least, better not trying to get too involved with friends. He could focus on training instead, getting stronger.

He found himself paying more attention to Bahamut, who was talking about Eternatus. So she might be able to be saved?

"Emotionally, this team is in no state to try anything. But if you want me to take a stab at it, I can." His body dimmed. "There are no reunions for me to take part in. I'll just bring down the mood staying here."
"But... if you try to drain it, won't you get corrupted?"

Last edited:

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave felt a breeze ruffling his fur and sunlight beyond the rift of his eyelids, and he blinked, watching the world unblur from patches of bright colors into a clear image.

He was back. The force holding him aloft gently lowered him to the ground, where he landed on his feet. There was Diyem, closely watched by a giant deer from some dead mythology or other. There was Arceus, looking half-dead. There was Maple and the God Squad, of course. There was the rest of Team Spectrum.

His formerly dead companions, sharing tearful hugs with their friends. Cynthian snuggling up to Icetales. Cabot hugging his Lugia familiar. Brisa in Starr's bulky Incineroar embrace -- wait, had she just evolved? He'd picked up Brisa had a massive crush on her, couldn't stop going starry-eyed at how great she was, but that was a new level of happy to see her.

He looked around for Mia, but she wasn't there. Which wasn't a surprise, really; surely this'd be a pretty boring trip for her. No fighting. She wouldn't see the point in coming along twiddling her scythes just to see him a few minutes earlier when she could be doing training exercises or something else more productive with her time. Why would she?

Tentatively, he took a breath and tried to focus, found the little tug in his brain that felt like her. There. She was there. Gave it a little mental prod. How did this even work? Mia?

There was an answer, a silent thought in her voice. You're back. That's good.

He let out the breath he was holding. Hey. I'll... be there soon.

Okay.

And... that was it. He inhaled through his nose, looking over the crowd again, shifting on his feet. Everyone was sure taking their sweet time. When were they heading back?

"No one's waiting for us," muttered an all-too-familiar voice, and Dave turned his head slowly to find a glowing-eyed Mightyena shrouded in a purple haze beside him.

He sighed, looking back forward. "Really dared to hope you were gone now."

"I don't think I'm ever going away." Shadow looked at him warily. "Do you still hate me?"

God. A flash of rage and lashing out and the pain that came with it, Shadow's helpless, tearful eyes. He shuddered. "It'd help if you stopped airing my shit out to everyone within earshot."

"I'm sorry."

Dave took a deep breath. "Look, I'm sorry too. Is that what you want from me?"

Shadow smiled, just a little, which had to be some kind of minor miracle, and shifted closer to him. Then, after a moment, leaned in, just bumped against his side, in a friendly sort of way. What on Earth.

He considered moving, or nudging him away, or something. But he didn't.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"But... if you try to drain it, won't you get corrupted?"
“I’m talking about draining Blacklight.” Bahamut looked briefly at Koa with a look suggesting he should stay silent and let the adults handle things.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Emotionally, this team is in no state to try anything. But if you want me to take a stab at it, I can." His body dimmed. "There are no reunions for me to take part in. I'll just bring down the mood staying here."

"Don't speak so soon," Owen said, approaching from the side. He had his usual cheer, despite the fact that his voice was now so much deeper. There was an odd look in his reptilian eyes; it wasn't the same joyous light from before. Firmer, perhaps even a little serene. But his body language suggested someone itching for a fight nonetheless. "I've missed our meditation sessions, you know. After I'm caught up with Cal, how about we have one together?"

--

"That's... all of them," Diyem said with a slow, slow sigh. He looked very unwell. "...I think... I'm going to die."

"Uh, for real, or?" Soda glanced at Truffle.

"Nggrk--"

Xerneas blinked, taking a few steps back before stamping a hoof in the ground. a ripple of rainbow energy coated Diyem, and he seemed to settle down, tail flopping on the ground.

"That's..." He breathed carefully. "I---HNNNNG--"

His body enveloped itself in a deep darkness as a miniature storm of Shadows enveloped him. His body shifted and changed until a Charmeleon was left where the Charmander had stood.

"Ah." Xerneas hadn't expected his body to react in that way.

But even when the darkness of his evolution had disappeared, Diyem was still clutching at his belly in agony. His head snapped upward and he grew in size, and then--after a startled shriek from Xerneas--Diyem spat out another huge glob of darkness several times his size. He fell backwards, unconscious, right after, as the glob shaped itself into a Primarina...

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut didn’t respond. He saw Diyem throw up another new soul. So, this was how it was going to go.

He looked at Maple. “I would bet my life Eternatus is used to shadows because of Dark Matter. If we could just siphon some of the radiance, perhaps we can buy her more time until we can come up with a better plan?”

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Go on," Cola muttered, curled up in the little shield that Truffle had set up. "I bet everything they said doesn't matter anyway. Just... get it over with. I bet it won't matter anyway..."

"Cola," Pop said firmly, "I have no intention of harming you. What you did was wrong... but I do not think that eliminating you would have been the answer." He shook his head toward Icetales and the others. "They have shown you compassion despite your actions. They understand, as I do, that you are only afraid. And therefore... it is my duty to make it so you no longer have to feel that way."

Owen stepped toward Diyem and picked him up, asking Bahamut to help with the unconscious Primarina. Zinc was taking a look at the revived Pokemon, but called for Diyem to be brought to the infirmary quickly.

"And I suppose that means I will be next," Pop said, approaching the Tree. "I suppose I should draw from it in the usual way?"

Xerneas nodded, and then he glanced at the others to see if they felt the same. They were hesitant, but allowed it, and so Arceus placed a hoof on the roots, sinking into the rainbow light that emanated out. The energy flowed into him, while the Tree above noticeably dimmed.

A bright, prismatic light enveloped Arceus, and the tree's rainbow leaves lost their luminosity. Replacing it was an ominous red that flickered for a few moments before it settled into a mundane, dull rainbow. Maple and they others didn't seem to react to it, but Owen gaped and looked toward the others, silent.

'Did you see that?' Owen asked with his eyes, but he didn't want to say anything in front of Xerneas.

"Well, guess that's that," Soda said, shrugging as he spun around. "Maple, gonna open a portal?"

Maple frowned disapprovingly. "Pop, how are you feeling?"

"I'll need time to let the power properly settle," he said, though his posture was noticeably straighter. "But I am feeling wonderful. Thank you, Xerneas. For everything. We will give you time to inspect the Tree on your own... but be careful. I really would prefer if you came to Destiny Village for the time being."

"I'd prefer to stay here," Xerneas said, shaking his head. "But, thank you. Recover quickly." His eyes were focused on Diyem. "And feel free to visit again..."

Maple, satisfied, carved a portal for the others to pass through at their leisure. They could discuss their findings later--namely, that Xerneas was behaving oddly, but he did not appear to be corrupt in the same way... What could that mean?

Still, they were in no condition to fight Xerneas, should they provoke something. It was best if they left for the time being. they had a lot of other things to worry about anyway.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Kate raised a brow back at Cabot's explanation, as she shook her head back.

"Yeesh, remind me not to bite it out here unless I've got someone to bring me back," she said. "Though then again, I suppose it wouldn't be that bad if I got to evolve without a Razor Claw out of it, so who knows?"

"Unless you're really at peace with yourself you probably don't wanna go through that," Cabot said sheepishly. "Though our bodies here seem to evolve differently, so you might not need a Razor Claw either way. Icetales for example evolved without needing an Ice Stone."

"That's right, I'm Melanie!" the Kyurem shade answered. "With all the things that Pleo had to say about you, I'd really been looking forward to finally meeting!"

The Rampardos smiled back cheerily and extended a hand. Even if Kate got Pleo to shoplift, her Shade sure seemed friendly! "Well, it's nice to meet you too, Melanie! I guess you already know my name, but I'm Cabot!"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut still stared at the Tree. Was he ultimately going to be ignored again? “And what about the things I said?”

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Saltriv's eyes widened further and further with every new return. Once the last of those who had died to Joule's attack had appeared, they couldn't hold it in any longer.

"YOU'RE BACK!" they exclaimed, as they sprouted seven vines, and wrapped one around everyone who had once been lost, in a hug.

Tears fell to the ground, but a smile was on their face.

Spiteful Murkrow

Busy Writing Stories I Want to Read
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
  6. heliolisk-fobbie
"Unless you're really at peace with yourself you probably don't wanna go through that," Cabot said sheepishly. "Though our bodies here seem to evolve differently, so you might not need a Razor Claw either way. Icetales for example evolved without needing an Ice Stone."

"Point taken, I guess. But anyways, it's nice to have you back."

Kate trailed off, and noticed from the corner of her eye that Maple had opened up a portal.

"Though it looks like we might be wrapping up here pretty quick. Ready to head back to town?"

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Raven blinked at the flash of red, and glanced at the Charizard that noticed it as well. Everyone was celebrating, but something was clearly wrong. And yet, nobody should put themselves in danger either.

"There's something wrong with the tree", she mumbled. When nobody spoke up, she said it louder. The Charmeleon looked at Bahamut and tilted her head as well, encouraging him to speak up. Yes everyone was celebrating but they couldn't overlook the fact that things were off.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
The ominous red light didn't go unnoticed to Keo'Keo. Something was off about that tree and Pop had just absorbed its power. What if that was... corrupted energy? The Arceus didn't seem fazed nor unwell, but what if he had just absorbed some kind of parasitic aura without even realizing? That could be bad. Really bad.

The Shadow stared at his host, who was still snuggling with Cynthian while making sure she was really alright. The shadowy Ninetales could sense a wave of concern rushing through his entire being -- Icetales was clearly worried about any potential long-term psychological damage suffered by the not-anymore-dead folks -- but he wasn't going to delve into that matter. It was not the time to spoil the mood, so he decided to tackle the issue about the Tree of Life by himself.

He couldn't deny it. There was some fear, which empowered him. And he hated that.

Walking slowly like some prowling predator, Keo'Keo approached the Tree of Life and glanced at both Bahamut and Raven. He stared intently at the tree, his blue mane burning more fiercely. Anxiety.

"...I do not like that. Something is... wrong. Very wrong," he commented with a whisper, glaring cautiously at the tree. "And I am not sure about siphoning the Radiance -- being used to the shadows does not make someone immune to them. Also, shadows bring out the wildest instincts of someone's being." He narrowed his eyes and motioned to himself, before tilting his head. "What if Miss Eien went berserk and lashed out at the Tree, destroying it? If we have to drain corruption, we ought to drain both Radiance and Shadows." His attention went to Diyem and Maple. "Perhaps... both Miss Maple and Sir Diyem could drain some of the respective energies, so that the corruption would be easier to handle?"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Saltriv briefly paused. They still had to figure out a way to help Eien.

Maybe...

"What if we used Purifying Cave?" they suggested.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"Though it looks like we might be wrapping up here pretty quick. Ready to head back to town?"

Cabot looked around at the rest of his teammates. There were plenty of them he wanted to talk to now that he was back, but he supposed there'd be more than enough time to do that in Destiny Village as well, prompting him to turn back to Kate with a nod.

"Yeah, let's go."

As the four began to set off, Cabot looked at Kate before hesitantly speaking up.

"By the way... thank you for being there for Pleo," the Rampardos said. "It means a lot to me."

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"What if we used Purifying Cave?" they suggested.
Bahamut's head tendrils twitched. Why were the children who didn't have a full grasp of this situation the ones offering suggestions? He didn't make eye contact and neutrally stated, "Unless you know of a way to teleport an entire cave inside this tree, you're grasping at straws. If we remove her from the Tree as she is now, the corruption will probably consume her and she will attack or flee before we can do anything, let alone teleport her heaven knows where.

"There are too many shades here, anyway. They would all need to go back to Destiny Village, for their own safety."

Spiteful Murkrow

Busy Writing Stories I Want to Read
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
  6. heliolisk-fobbie
Cabot looked around at the rest of his teammates. There were plenty of them he wanted to talk to now that he was back, but he supposed there'd be more than enough time to do that in Destiny Village as well, prompting him to turn back to Kate with a nod.

"Yeah, let's go."

As the four began to set off, Cabot looked at Kate before hesitantly speaking up.

"By the way... thank you for being there for Pleo," the Rampardos said. "I really appreciate that."

"Heh, don't sweat it, I'm sure there'll be plenty of opportunities for you to pay me back," Kate teased.

Cabot spluttered back in confusion, his protests never quite getting collected enough for him to voice them before he, Kate, and their shades set off into the portal, and off back to Destiny Village.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"What is Purifying Cave?" Soul asked. "We helped save Arceus by putting him in one of the capture spheres, then we transported him back. If the tree is keeping her sane enough that she would let us put her in one, we could use that to keep her from attacking or fleeing once we have to move her."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Celeste looked to Xerneas. "Say, you're tied to the tree, correct? I would assume you would know about Eien in some capacity. Is there anything we could do to help, or any information you could share?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Xerneas said. "Eien? Eternatus? Do you really think that something like that is inside the Tree of Life? When you told me that, I went out of my way to do a deep dive into the tree's very core and I found nothing." He shook his head. "The Tree is just fine, as you can see. Though... now I'm going to need to dedicate time to restoring its energy, slowly."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom