• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Treasure Town ~ Marowak Dojo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Honestly, yeah," Vix tittered. "I don't think Diyem made these bodies with full stomachs. Which is a funny case for me since... well... actually I don't know if I have a stomach." She knew she didn't, but joking like she didn't should help things lighten up some more.

"I could probably down a pie or some curry right about now, but whatever we can find should be good enough."

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Pokémon made curry? Where did they even learn how to—don't ask questions. Important lesson he shouldn't forget. He felt like it would only be more important as this adventure went on. "Let's go, then," he said. He had no idea where, but what town didn't have a restaurant? He couldn't help fantasizing about all the possibilities. The faintest hint of drool left his mouth before he caught himself, hiding it as best he could.

Day 1 ~ evening - A starchy surprise

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
A Litten slunk in through the entrance to the dojo when no one was looking. Her ears caught the sound of several voices, but they were muffled. Most likely coming from a room in the back. She had the training room to herself, for now. Good thing, because hoooooly shit did she need to burn off some steam.

Nice going at the beach, dumbass. Now everyone's gonna think you're completely nuts. Or worse, they'll feel sorry for you.

Well, if they did, she'd just tell them to piss off, what else?

Anyway. Time to tire herself out until she didn't have the energy to care about shit like that anymore. And this tiny, weak cat body wasn't exactly gonna get stronger on its own. So Starr took position in front of one of the training dummies. This still didn't feel natural. She wanted nothing more than to throw a good solid punch, but she wasn't exactly equipped to do that. Instead, she lunged, muscles firing like springs, claws flexing, lashing out, raking across the surface of the dummy. She leapt back just as fast, observing the damage. Three tiny lines were etched into the surface.

"Pathetic," she muttered. All the more reason to keep doing it over and over until it wasn't.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
During Starr's training, after a particularly bungled slash, one of the other dummies in the corner of the room fell over. There wasn't any wind in the dojo, and it wasn't like anybody else was nearby, right? Maybe it was just off-balance.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Starr jolted, fur bristling, eyes scanning the dojo until they landed on the fallen dummy. Oh, it'd just fallen over by itself. Except... that didn't make sense. There was no one else here, and no way on earth had her own movements made enough vibration to shake it.

Eyes narrowed, the Litten approached the fallen dummy. "Someone there?"

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Starr stared. "What."

The dummy's expression looked stupid enough that she almost--almost--snorted, but held her composure. "Alright, real funny," she announced to the unseen smartass. "Wanna tell me why I didn't see or hear you sneaking in here?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
No reply. Whoever it was, they were probably laughing in some hidden alcove of the dojo. Perhaps they were still watching. How long had they been there? No telling.

The angry dummy slid forward three inches by an unseen force. At the same time, a small pebble fell to the right side of Starr, near the pots of drinking water.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Oh, god dammmit--

A psychic, of course. No wonder she hadn't heard anyone walk in. But that small bit of movement gave her pause. Without thinking, Starr lunged at where the pebble had fallen, claws outstretched--

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Her claws smashed devastatingly through open air, knocking the pebble into the wall where it was assuredly defeated.

Uhuhu...

The dummy was now mere inches behind Starr in a vaguely looming posture, but did not move otherwise.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Starr bared her teeth. "Alright, fine. God!" She swung her arm, raking her claws right across the dumbass scribble face.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
The dummy's head spontaneously exploded, covering Starr in warm, cooked rice.

Pffffbff... huhu... ahaha... AHAHAHA . . .

The dummy fell over, revealing that it had been stuffed full of rice for some reason.

. . . tarr. Starr. Are you there? Starr? I--there you are. Starr, what happened? I suddenly lost my ability to see your location. ...Why are you covered in rice?

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Starr stood frozen, utterly speechless, grappling with the sudden, overwhelming instinct to lick off the sticky, gloopy mess.

"What. The. Fuck."

Then she heard Diyem's voice and almost jumped through her skin. Diyem?! What in the absolute hell was THAT."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
I do not know. If--if you ever see something like that again, be very cautious. I don't know what that was, but... it was powerful enough to disrupt my sight of you, the same way that Magikarp did when Owen was defeated. Be very careful.

Whatever that presence was, it was gone, now. Its voice, if it could even be called that, had been strangely distorted, yet also going straight to Starr's mind...

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Diyem's explanation wasn't exactly the most comforting. And by now the urge was getting to be too overwhelming. The tiny fire cat tore across the dojo floor, zeroing in on an out-of-the-way corner where she could curl up and lick the starchy mess off.

Day 1 ~ night - Necky & Celeste

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"So, this is a dojo, hmm?"

Necrozma floated in, arms slopping dragging across the ground and kicking up dirt. He was expecting something more... impressive. But there were no mats or scrolls depicting important fighting techniques. Though given how primitive the architecture of this Treasure Town locale was, perhaps he should've tempered his expectations. Still, to find a broken thing with cooked rice strewn all around it? Did the owner abandon this place in the middle of a meal?

... no, wait. There was a trail of rice heading toward a corner. And there was a small aura. Fire-type. Whatever. It wasn't his problem if one of his allies didn't know how to cook without blowing something up. Perhaps we can try to cook the giant magikarp? If we can build a big enough bonfire while it's sleeping...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom