• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Treasure Town ~ Marketplace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
"Oh good!" Zane shouted, quickly realizing he needed to not be sarcastic. "Good! No wonder their windows were so quiet!" He'd have to act quick. "There is one flaw to this kind of system, however," he lectured, barely audible through the blaring alarm. He grabbed the first item he could, a heart shaped box—of course it was heart-shaped, the universe hated him—and a card before bolting back out.

He didn't know why Diyem decided to pretend they'd lost connection, but he didn't need an added reason to get the heck out of there. "Book it!" he barked at Seyka, running past him before noticing the wings. "Actually, scratch that, fly me!" He ran back and hopped onto the skarmony's back.

RJR Basimilus

Arceus is nice I suppose...
Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
Seyka was briefly surprised as the Zangoose bodily hopped on him. After a moment though, he burst into laughter and started running.

"Not much of a professional are you mister?" The Skarmory smiled widely. "I can't fly with you on my back, but I can take you wherever!" A strange look flashed across his face. "But then again, you're not paying, so let's see where the wind takes us."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
With no means to fly away on time, the alarm seemed to deafen despite the fact that they were still very close to the shop they had broken into. The air felt prickly, like some sort of sunburn despite the moon rising in the sky.

Uhuhu... huhu...

The sky was getting unnaturally dark... The way back to Treasure Town's main square seemed to be farther and farther away.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
"I am paying by way of my services!" Zane shouted, indignant. How dare Seyka insult his line of work? Insult to the occupation he forgot was fictional aside, escape felt extremely necessary. Even more now that apparently the moon was going out. What that said about the sun given its role as the source of the moons light, Zane didn't have time to question.

He leapt off Seyka and started running again. "Fly me however and wherever, but get us out of here!"

RJR Basimilus

Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
Seyka ran behind the Zangoose, sticking his tongue out. "Oh, I wouldn't know how to do that. Isn't facing danger so thrilling though?" He made a face. "That's what heroes like us would do. If you're not up to it right now though, just lay down and I'll step on your neck." The Skarmory felt a pang of nausea, but pushed it down. "After all, we don't really die. Just leave this one to me and I'll tell you all about it later!"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
At this point the way back to the main square was completely shrouded in shadows, like they were in the middle of a moonless midnight. Whatever lights came from the dojo had been snuffed out. That strange giggling, which came from everywhere, was a lot louder.

Are you having fun in town, too?

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Dying could work; Seyka had a point. Zane slowed for a nanosecond to accept the offer before he remembered why he was here in the first place. Possessions didn't follow the soul, and he needed these possessions. "Don't have time!" The encroaching aura put his fur on end.

Then, it spoke. He couldn't see anything. He could at least run in the same direction he'd started. "Nope! Never had fun in my life! See ya!"

RJR Basimilus

Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
Seyka stopped, feeling slightly disappointed as he watched the Zangoose run.

"Well, I'll leave the offer open," he yelled. Turning around in a circle, he looked for the other voices.

"To answer your question, I'm not having fun per say, but if you got something better, I'm all ears," he said, craning his head to the sky.

Finally he turned to the odd pokemon that had shown up nearly out of breath. "Huh. I was going to ask if you'd like to stand in for him in a little experiment, but I think I'd crush your skull." Seyka grinned, "You're a hero right? Help us out here and try to have some fun."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
As Zane continued his flight, it seemed that the fastest moving target was the most interesting for whatever force was following them. The haze encircled the area around the marketplace, stretching all the way to Kecleon Market itself. Then, without warning, something burst from the ground in front of Zane--it was difficult to see, but the blast was some kind of flaming uppercut to the chin.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
For some pokemon, trying to navigate in the dark would be a problem. But for Nip, it might as well have been second nature. Getting to the marketplace by moonlight was easy enough. But the unnatural darkness that permeated the area? That was a bit different.

Still, even with the light in the area snuffed out, he could still make out the metallic glint of a skarmory's feathers, and a splotch of white fur in the distance that he assumed was Zane.

He skided to a stop next to Seyka, noting the Kubfu he'd seen before was also nearby. Before, a sprint like that would have been nothing. But in this new body, it had left him tired out. Lovely.

"Just what. In Yveltal's name. Is going on here?" He asked, his question coming out in gasps.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Inexperienced with attacks materializing from nothing, Zane barely had enough time to hold his perfectly-ethically-obtained belongings tighter before the blast sent him into orbit. From this attack, he gained a new perspective: immense pain as well as the sight of his teammate's idle chatter. "Help!" he screamed. The force of gravity pulled down any ability he had at further conversation.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
When Zane hit the ground with a heavy THUD, the clouds that had swirled around the floor where he'd been hit intensified. These flames were black, sucking in the light, yet their fringes were dotted with white sparks and aura, making some sort of black-white fire.

"I didn't expect to see so many of you!" something within the fire said with a cheerful, high voice. It was distorted and echoed, warped like a broken communicator and reverberated like she was speaking through a tin can.

Within the flames, two white eyes shined. Below them was a mouth that curled upward in a wide, white grin; the way the mouth was positioned, it curled far beyond where the nose's height would have been, the edges practically touching the base of her eyes.

"Uhuhu... huhu... you... Do you want to play?"

??? is attacking!

The flames swirled more. They left dark scorch marks and were slowly creeping toward Zane.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Cabot dug in his feet and braced himself as he called out to his teammates.

"Come on, we should help him!"

The Cranidos lowered his head and charged towards the white eyes as blue flecks began to build up along his head.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
While a bit hard hitting at first, the ground quickly redeemed itself by being much softer and far more preferable to standing. If Zane could stand. He wasn’t sure, and thoughts weren’t quite coherent enough to decide. Where was he, anyway?

It probably wasn’t important. What was important was whatever he was holding for some reason he could remember later. He curled tightly, protectively around his only belongings and waited for the world to stop doing that spinning thing.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Uhuhu, you'll have to try harder than that, Cranidos!"

Cabot's attack whiffed straight through the flames, which licked at his body and left small burns against his scales--this wasn't normal fire. It hurt--staying in it for too long would make him pass out for sure...

This creature was evasive. How would they get a hit on something that they could barely see? Her glowing eyes and smile appeared in another spot in the field.

"Go away! I just wanted to have fun with one of you!"

It looked like she was preparing another strike at Zane, the way the flames swirled around her. This time, they changed shape into something more tangible--a blade made of pure black-white fire. "Whoops!" She sliced the ground, sending a wave of energy toward, but ascendant to, Zane. While she missed completely, a smoldering, blackened and glowing fissure had been left behind in the ground, and the building behind Zane had been cleaved in two, its halves collapsing toward one another.

The thing giggled. "Okay, okay, let's try that again! Hold still, now, just like before..."

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"Agh!"

Cabot hastily jumped out of the fire, tumbling onto the ground in the process. He visibly winced as he landed on some of the spots that got burned. Whatever this fire was, it certainly hurt more than any flames Owen's had spat up at him earlier today.

The Cranidos looked around for the creature, his eyes widening out of alarm when he noticed it had not only cut a building in half, but was now about to do the same thing to Zane.

"Watch out!" he yelled.

RJR Basimilus

Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
“Oh, that doesn’t look very nice,” Seyka said, examining the destroyed building. He glanced at the new arrivals before turning back to the Zangoose. “Do as the big head says and try not to get hit!”
Seyka thought about it for a moment before speaking again.
“If it’s no problem, maybe consider letting it hit your arm though,” Seyka added, “-if the fire is hot enough, it’ll seal the wound instantly.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom