• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Treasure Town ~ Marketplace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Before entering the area, Celeste made sure to get one last quip off to Diyem. If this goes wrong, I blame you for taking away my disaster sense. It’s exactly what I need right now.

He’d thought this was a case of petty theft, not... whatever was going on now. Some fire spirit was trying to take out the Zangoose. He’d consider it good riddance, but they kinda needed him alive in order to make an example of him.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Nip initially charged after Cabot, intending to help him fight, but the burst of flames made him stop short. Instead of running in to do what would likely be a useless attack, he instead moved towards the Zangoose. "Fool, get up!" He called out, stumbling to a stop just beside him. "Stop laying about and run! Or do you have some sort of death wish? Hurry-"

Whatever he was going to say next, he cut off, letting out a yelp and scrambling backwards. That beam of energy... Just what kind of power did their attacker have? His feathers drooped as he stared wide-eyed at the second attack the stranger was preparing.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
The Marketplace was shrouded in a dark fog, but Ashwood found they could see fine with their new ghostly eyes.

It was easy to tell where they were supposed to go, what with the crashing and fire and all. They momentarily froze when they saw that... thing laying waste to the Marketplace. It didn't even look like a Pokemon, at least a kind Ashwood had ever seen before.

They had run here, but what were they supposed to do against something like that? They had tried out a little fighting in their new body, but they couldn't exactly punch a being made of fire. They had a Ground-type move, but it was weak.

Wasn't there supposed to be time before they faced a foe like this? Neither Ashwood nor anyone else was powerful enough to face a thing like this? Were they just supposed to... wait? Maybe... that fire being thing wasn't actually their first boss, just... a taste. Like a high-level enemy to show what you had in store for later, probably.

What did Zane do???

They ran toward the others, energy ticking rapidly inside their torso. "Owen's getting Truffle. I think we need to wait for him," they said, glancing at the short, bear-like Pokemon. "I... I don't think there's anything any of us can do against that thing. Just try to distract it? Maybe?"

Day 1 evening ~ Maple arrives

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Ohh, you're distracting me, alright!" said the strange, hazy creature. "If you guys are going to attack me all at once... Uhuhu... Then maybe... juuust maybe..." She raised another blade of black-white fire. "I'll just attack first!"

She blasted Zane, this time aimed directly at him. It was too fast to dodge--too precise and too strong. Even if Zane tried to leap out of the way, it would cut something off of him. And yet, when the blast sliced at the ground Zane had stood, and as the others shouted for Zane to dodge... nothing but the building behind Zane was sliced. And Zane himself had disappeared.

"Wuh?" The hazy creature spun in all directions, wide, glowing eyes scanning for her playmate.

"Is this what Truffle called me for?"

The voice was moderately deep and feminine, with a hint of groggy tiredness, like she'd been rudely awoken. She had cream-colored fur and a long, limp tail vaguely in the shape of a brush. The tip of her tail was colored a bright gold that glowed in the nighttime air, even in the dark haze.

Next to the Smeargle was Zane, who had somehow been transported next to her several feet away, beside the rest of the team. The Smeargle was clutching a soft, sky-blue blanket, which was still half-wrapped around her body, and atop her furry cap was a lavender, flowery sleep mask, mere inches from falling over her tired eyes again.

"What is going on here?" Smeargle asked, stifling a yawn.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Knew it.

"Not sure," Ashwood said. "Apparently the Zangoose, um, broke into a shop, but that still doesn't explain the fire demon laying waste to the market." Ashwood eyed said fire demon. "Don't suppose you know anything about that?"

Last edited:

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
It cleaved a building in half. It left Zane’s chin, if he still had one, likely broken in all places, and he was finally lucid enough to not only feel that, but the rest of the immense pain all across his body. They were going to die.

He tactically scrambled behind the smeargle and used her as cover as best he could. “Get us out of here!” he begged.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Celeste ran up to Zane and prepared to call up a Wish.

Diyem, if this also doesn’t work, I’m going to hurl myself off the bluff to go beat the snot out of you in-person.

He whispered a short prayer, and Zane’s wounds began to glow. They would begin heal, soon enough. It wouldn’t be a full recovery from his level of injury, but still, he was glad to see it had worked at al-

Celeste collapsed to the ground, breathing heavily. Somehow, a single wish had overexerted him. Was Wish harder to use in a world so far from the Ho-oh he knew? Or was he just that weak? Probably a bit of both.

One way or another, Celeste wouldn’t be doing anything of value until he had a chance to rest. Whoops. Probably would’ve been best to save the healing for after the fight was over, in hindsight.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Hey, no healing! That's cheating! Do you see ME healing? Nu-uh!"

"Who is this?" Smeargle said, pointing at the haze. "...Are you behind the giant Magikarp?"

"Answer me first! Do you see ME healing? How about you heal from THIS!"

She raised her blade and swiped toward Smeargle. Another fissure erupted from the trail of black flames, but Smeargle did not move. Instead, she held her hand forward. The slice met her flesh, and then she squeezed--dispelling the blast completely.

"...Oh."

Smeargle's hand erupted with light and she countered with a slice of her own, this one horizontal. Panicking, the hazy creature flailed about and tried to shield herself, but the hit connected--and then dissolved into nothing.

"...Tsk." Smeargle shook her head. "So you're like the Magikarp."

The haze bristled, that wide grin becoming an angry frown. Then, without warning, she slammed her body into the ground--and she was gone. The dark haze that shrouded the marketplace disappeared; from Treasure Town's main square, Truffle was on the way, with Owen riding on his back.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
The flames bore down on the Zangoose... and then he was gone. Nip whipped his head around in confusion, spotting Zane and the smeargle behind him. He retreated back towards them, only to stop short when the mysterious being turned to attack them. He fully expected them to be engulfed by the flames.

But that didn't happen. And before he had time to question anything, the mysterious entity was gone. With his heart still beating frantically in his chest, he finished closing the gap so that he was now standing next Zane looking up at him with fury in his eyes. "What were you thinking?"

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Zane never realized how much he appreciated not being in unquantifiable pain. Now, he really felt well enough to run. The haze surrounding them was gone, too! With his newfound strength, he ran for the dojo faster than his legs could carry him. “Thanks, bye!” he shouted back.

RJR Basimilus

Arceus is nice I suppose...
Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
"He miscalculated!" Seyka shouted from a distance. "It's not his fault that this town is haunted or something."

The Skarmory walked over, watching the Zangoose run away. "Aw, you scared him. I think he'll do better next time though."

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"Hey!"

Cabot quickly cut Zane off and blocked his path as he shot the Zangoose a sharp glare.

"Where do you think you're going to?!"

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Ashwood stepped forward. Cabot and the bear-like Pokemon stopped Zane in his tracks; if Zane was running, that must be because he had broken in that shop to steal, but... Jesus. Whose first instinct, when they're called on to be a hero and are transported to a PMD world, is to freaking loot? Everyone had abandoned their shops, their homes. Ashwood and everyone else were supposed to save the town and --

Something rumbled in Ashwood's torso. "What the actual hell, dude," they growled, advancing.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Zane skid to a halt, barely avoiding a collision. He glared at Cabot for a moment in pure confusion. “Anywhere but here,” he seethed. “If you didn’t notice,” he waved a claw towards where the monster was, “it’s not safe! We have to go.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom