• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Treasure Town ~ Marketplace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Eye contact, two firm shakes, release. Easy. “Pleasure meeting you, ma’am.” What the fuck script was that from. “Looking forward to our business in the future.” Joke. Escape with a joke. “I do hope you’ll consider my restroom proposal further.” Why. Before she could kill him, he went for the door.

R13 - Bahamut vs. Curry

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut was unsure why he let Owen pester him into this ridiculous farce. He couldn't even taste the food in question for pity's sake. The curry would hit the light underneath his beak and... vanish. And this continued for every spoonful he took. Eventually when the bowl was at a reasonable proportion left Bahamut just poured it into his beak to get it over with. Again, it all disappeared into thin air.

The necrozma set the bowl down. "Okay. So, what was the point of that?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Look at me." Bahamut pointed at his face. "I do not have taste buds."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"I've... never really met someone who would eat in that way before," commented the waiter, who nodded along. Per the rules, Bahamut wouldn't have to pay for it, but...

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Well, he had a point, but... Well, she couldn't think of any kind of rebuttal to that. Raven poked at her own bowl before looking up at the waiter. "It is just as valid as any other challenger's attempt."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“It’s ridiculous, is what it is.” He looked at the empty bowl. “Some of our teammates really aspired to beat this? Don’t they realize they can get sick overeating?”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut continued to stare at the bowl. "Maple was able to do this challenge, wasn't she?" He frowned. Did the fact that she swallowed up her whole planet contribute to that? Maybe there had been a sign something was wrong this entire time. Frightening.

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
"Yes, but it's something of a test of strength, isn't it? Er- ...Hm. I suppose she did? I did not exist at that point...", Raven continued, then looked back at the waiter. "...Did a Maple who worked with a team called the "God Squad" complete the challenge...?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“She is currently fighting a daemon known as Eternatus.” Bahamut rose from his seat. “Team Spectrum will be attempting to pacify them both.”

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
"Right... Oh. I suppose we are going to leave?"

Since he had stood, she supposed that would be the case. The Shade sighed and pushed what was left of hers away. "Well, just put mine on the God Squad's tab."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut silently made for the door.

R17 ~ The Final Challenge

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"God this place smells even better than I remember," Starr remarked as she pushed open the doors to Precise Tastes and was immediately met with a wave of heavenly spices. Why the hell hadn't she come back here ages ago? Sure Destiny Village had plenty of great places to eat, but she wasn't wrong to remember this place as having the best damn curry she'd ever eaten.

Starr's eyes slid to the menu displays on the wall behind the front counter. There was a photo of that ridiculously oversized bowl that had knocked most of the team on their asses last year. The picture was surrounded by dramatic text explaining the nature of the challenge, as well as photos of the few people who'd managed to clear it. Maple was up there, naturally. Also Bahamut for some reason.

"...Fuck it. Who cares if I can't finish it, I want one of those," she said, pointing to the Great Curry Bowl Challenge.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Hushed whispers had already been echoing throughout the restaurant when Starr had entered. She was a world celebrity, after all, and not without good reason. They also knew not to pester her, though. So when a Drizzile who looked to be no older than his late teens approached Starr with a menu and a little bowtie, all eyes seemed to live vicariously through him.

"Y-yes, Miss, um, right this way!"

Nearby, it seemed like an Inteleon was watching proudly.

Starr was led to a booth near the window that, if her memory was sharp, she'd recognize as the very same table the team had eaten before. The same table Maple had effortlessly tackled the same challenge. A feat that had been once a mystery, now completely obvious.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Nate's eyes started watering the moment Starr opened the door. Holy hell. People liked their spice around here. Starr said the team had come here before? He must have missed that one. Nate was sure he'd remember a place that made his eyes sting just from standing in the lobby. And he was doubly sure he'd remember if he'd seen that monstrosity of a curry bowl before.

"That?" he said. "That's what you've been dying to try?" He was pretty sure the bowl was bigger than he was. Hell, he was absolutely sure the bowl was bigger than he was.

Apparently so, and apparently the whole place was excited about it. Nate glanced uneasily at the other diners as they passed. Everybody seemed real damn excited about this for some reason. He'd thought Starr just wanted to grab some of her favorite grub from back in Treasure Town. Hadn't realized this was going to be some kind of fucking event.

"I want one, too!" Rocky said, his flames blazing up. "I bet I can eat it all! I'm really good at eating things! Plus I'm a fire-type, just like Starr."

"Sort of a fire-type," Nate said. He slid into a seat across from Starr and flipped nervously through the menu. They sold, like, normal food here too, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom