• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Treasure Town ~ Marketplace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gathering The Last Pieces

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“…Yes. Apologies, good sirs, for inconveniencing you in such way with this last minute notice. There had been a fair amount of… hindrances, and I could not amend my order sooner.” He bowed with respect at the two Kecleon, before showing an apologetic expression. “As such, um, could you both send my orders to the Marowak Dojo… plus the extra materials I have written on that note? I shall arrange the transfer to the new location personally.”

After getting the answer he needed, Icetales took a deep breath and wiped his sweaty ears with a tail. “Phew! At long last! This was the last shop. I ought to go back to the dojo for the time being and get everything sorted for the pickup.”

And so, the Vulpix strode through the plaza, holding a rough map of the new location with his leftmost tail. He took a quick glance and perked up when he spotted a location in particular: a library! His heart wallowed in delight, thinking about the countless of books of foreign nature he would be reading from now onwards.

Feeling in high spirits, son? Thou dost not deserve to be happy, art thee aware of that?

Icetales faltered at hearing the odious voice ringing in his head. But… no. He wouldn’t pay attention to it, no. He kept walking, albeit at a more sedate pacing.

How long will it be until thy spirit cracks once more? And once more? And one time too many? And then, what will happen? Those ‘friends’ of thine will turn tails on thee, recognize what irredeemable rubbish thou art, and cast thee away? Because that is what thee deserve as a bas—

“Hush! I do not desire to hear any more words coming out of thy filthy muzzle, Father!” whispered Icetales irately, his fur standing up and glistening with frigid energy. “I am in no mood of conversing with a fiendish specter like thee! So, leave me in peace!”

He stood in the middle of the path, glaring at his surroundings and flicking his ears.

He waited a minute. Another minute. Five more minutes. No more voices bothered him anymore, and he took a sigh in relief.

He knew that he couldn’t get rid of his past and that his demons would have kept plaguing him for as long as he lived, but at least those were just voices and he could repel them? …The thought made his stomach twist and churn. Incorporeal as they might be, their words were still as sharp as blades.

…I ought to take some medication, perhaps. I never bothered much with that mind-cleansing garbage at home, but it might be required here. This… war is digging out the worst side of me…

He groaned inwardly and shook his head, before restarting his trip toward the dojo.

I shall concern with such dilemma in due time and drink a stronger extract of chamomile every night. The move to the new location and the preparation for the festival should have my priority. Who knows… perhaps I could take some inspiration from the new location to craft something even more grandiose than the original project? Could this be a blessing in disguise?

He looked up at the sky.

May the heavens lead my path. The deities know I will need that.

Without a second thought, he rushed toward the dojo. A brave new location awaited him.

<><><>​

Zane's Curious Encounter With Curio

NebulaDreams

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. luxray
  2. hypno
Curio took a bit of a detour after her talk with Owen at the dojo. She just happened to stop by a drink place on the way. No, seriously, that was a coincidence. And she wasn't stopping to get a stiff drink -- she was in a good mood and preferred a treat, like a cup of cocoa. Like a moth to a flame. It was better than throwing up in a ditch somewhere.

The town seemed eerie without everybody else here. Surely, there were a few more that hadn't crossed the portal yet. Well, whoever crossed paths with her at this moment, she was sure she'd have a nice chat with them to pass the time anyway. Right?

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Zane didn't have any company with him besides the semicircle of bottles surrounding him, one empty bottle laying on its side in front of him. A wobbly claw flicked the empty bottle to gently spin it. After only two and a half rotations, it landed just past the rightmost bottle. He leaned down until his eyes were level with the counter and nudged the spun bottle just enough to make it point at the bottle.

Once it did, joy washed the frustration off his face as he took the nearly full bottle in his hand and slammed it back. Too many gulps later and he rested the bottle back on the counter with a goofy smile. His eyes followed the spinning bottle's line to the entrance. Certain he'd seen that blur of blue before, he squinted at it until he knew he definitely had seen her before.

His gleeful expression froze with the rest of him. All at once, he dropped the smile, dropped his entire poképouch on the bar, turned to run, and slammed into the ground. He wouldn't stay down long, though, and he was already getting back up to flee.

NebulaDreams

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. luxray
  2. hypno
Curio was halfway in between sipping her hot chocolate when she caught a familiar wildcat eyeing her from the bar. Oh, god

"Damnit." She sighed, harshly placing her mug down on the counter. "Whaddya want?"

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Not in the market for assault or battery, Zane decided not to answer. Rather, he booked it to the rear exit before screeching to a halt. To anyone else in the bar, it looked like he had an acute fear of doors. Curio, though, could see the same blue zangoose she saw the first time she met Zane.

Red Zane took two tentative steps back before dashing back to his stool and downing the first bottle he could get his claws on. It burned going down, but that didn't slow him at all. The moment the bottle emptied, he reached for the next.

Blue Zane stalked behind him, looking pleased before his gaze wandered to Curio. He hobbled towards her, eventually wobbling over to lean on the bar just a few inches too close for comfort. "Hey, girl, how you doin'?" he slurred.

Last edited:

NebulaDreams

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. luxray
  2. hypno
Curio could've told him to piss off. She could've punched him again. That was a very satisfying punch last time. She could've turned his face into a scalding cocoa fountain. But she didn't. Instead, she scooched away from Zane before he could get his grubby mitts on her. "Zane, you're invading my personal bubble thingy. What's got you so tipsy anyway?"

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
"Tipsy?" blue Zane chortled. "Oh, I'm way past that, lady." He tossed a claw to point a "thumb" backwards at red Zane (who'd just started on his fourth bottle. "That guy's been pounding drinks back to keep me at bay." Seeing her scooch away, he took a step forward and leaned even closer. "I'm just keepin' the lil guy safe's all. He don't want me 'round you all. Thinks I'll hurt someone, or worse—"

"Shut up!" Zane shouted as he leapt to tackle blue Zane. Of course, he only managed to phase through the phantom and slam his head against the base of Curio's (luckily bolted down) barstool.

While red Zane held his head in pain, blue Zane cracked a grin. "Tell someone like you how he really feels."

Last edited:

NebulaDreams

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. luxray
  2. hypno
What the hell did she just witness? After seeing Owen’s shadow, Zane’s one wasn’t such a surprise, but she didn’t expect... that. If Blue Zane was acting like that, then, well, that was just Zane, wasn’t it? Ever the smug, womanising, obnoxious douche.

“What, that he feels the need to get way up in my face like that?” She inched even further away from them. “Do that again and I’ll give you a second serving of my knuckle sandwich.”

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
While blue Zane laughed, red Zane tried once again to tackle him to the ground, this time hitting his chest square on the corner of the bar. "Why not ask the man himself?" blue asked, gesturing a claw to red gasping for air. "He's just dying to tell you. Look at how happy he is to be here!"

Red Zane definitely looked like he was dying, but didn't seem at all as pleased as his self suggested. Blue blew Curio a kiss before fading into nothing, red Zane left gasping for air and dizzy. He completely forgot where he was or why and rested his head against the bar. His eyes almost fluttered closed before the sight of Curio shot them open. He tried to stand and his eyes slipped down to the ground.

It seemed he finally worked up the courage to say hello when his eyes went back to Curio's. He raised his paw, mumbled, "Excuse me," and shuffled back to his stool.

Last edited:

NebulaDreams

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. luxray
  2. hypno
Well, that just happened. Curio went back to her own business and took a sip of her cocoa — still warm, thankfully. She stared off into space, feeling like she could’ve cut the tension in the air with a knife, until she finally caved in and turned to Zane.

“What’s your deal, anyway? What got you drinkin’ in the first place?”

Last edited:

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Zane used the bar to keep balance, nearly falling over even once he got to his stool. He could see straight through every bottle but still tried every last one. Empty. Empty. Empty. Empty. Empty. Empty. Empty. He divvied up every last coin in his pouch between the drinks on his tab (plus a generous tip), and then it was empty, too.

He pushed each bottle to the side, carefully organized each stack of coin with each corresponding bottle, made sure they were all safely out of the way and slammed his head against the bar. “Damn immunity,” he groaned.

No sense putting it off any longer. Shaky breath in, long breath out. He couldn’t bring himself to look at her. Eyes squeezed shut, teeth clenched, he forced out a pitiful, “You have to stay away.”

Last edited:

NebulaDreams

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. luxray
  2. hypno
“Woah, woah, woah.” Curio put her hands up. She had a bad feeling about what would happen next. “Stay away from what?”

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
The fog had already begun to clear. Thank God for its density or Zane might have already lost his mind (or his liver). “You saw it.” He struggled to believe he could honestly say that. Nobody else saw him, did he just assume she had in some drunken hallucination?

It didn’t matter. He only gave Zane one answer. “Stay away from me.”

NebulaDreams

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. luxray
  2. hypno
“Oh, trust me, I wouldn’t touch you with a ten foot pole, but if this is gonna lead to more possession shit, then someone needs to put a stop to it. I already put up with Cynthian and Brisa’s shadows.”

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
“Then don’t!” Zane jerked his head up and slammed his fist into the bar. The neatly stacked bottles and bills scattered. “Leave or kick my ass out! Beat me to a pulp and brag about it to the team!” He laid his head back down to prepare for the hangover. “They’ll love you for it.”

NebulaDreams

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. luxray
  2. hypno
“Then don’t!” Zane jerked his head up and slammed his fist into the bar. The neatly stacked bottles and bills scattered. “Leave or kick my ass out! Beat me to a pulp and brag about it to the team!” He laid his head back down to prepare for the hangover. “They’ll love you for it.”

"And why the fuck would I do that? What the hell is up with this pity party, Zane?" She spat on the floor in disgust. "I don't want you putting anyone, or yourself, in danger if your shadow is gonna overtake you and make you go berserk, that's it. I don't take any joy in beating you up, or bragging about it later."

Curio took a deep breath. She was trying really hard not to flip out, because by god, Zane wasn't making this easy for her.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
“Then stop wasting your time and leave.” Zane didn’t know what metaphors she decided to blurt out, but he wasn’t going to bother interpreting. “Pity party population me. No one else is invited. I’m out of your hair. Problem solved. Leave me be and let me rot.”

He shook his head and stared forward. “Shadow,” he snarled, blowing a raspberry. “Tried shining a light on one of those? You wouldn’t believe what happens!” He couldn’t even muster fake excitement. “Try a nightlight if you’re so afraid of the dark. Oh! Or maybe stop talking in bullshit riddles.”

NebulaDreams

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. luxray
  2. hypno
"No, Zane." Curio took a deep breath. "You don't get to dump this baggage in my lap and leave it at that -- you're a part of the team as well. If you want me to stay and talk, I can, since I can tell that's what you really want." She sighed. "You remind me of myself sometimes, getting drunk and mad at the world."

NebulaDreams

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. luxray
  2. hypno
She really couldn't tell what vibe Zane wanted to give off here. Any more of this and her patience would snap. "What do you take me for, anyway?" she said through gritted teeth. "Of course I'm not gonna make your problems disappear, I just wanna hear your side of your story. It's only fair after I punched you in the face." Even though he deserved that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom