• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Treasure Town ~ Marketplace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
They could also be busy. It sounds as if the world is under attack, not just here... Hrm. Diyem hummed a bit, then settled with, Do not press them. They may actually have coordination to perform.

Truffle was trying to contact his leader again, but he was met, once again, with static and an irritable, "Not yet!"

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
I mean I wasn't really planning to...

Cabot shook his head and opted to just leave it be for now. After all, he was still in a new body and it would probably be wise to train a little before taking on that Magikarp.

"Owen, did you want to come to the dojo as well?" the Cranidos asked. "I could use a sparring partner anyway and maybe it will help jog your memory a bit."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Um... As long as you don't hit your head with mine," Owen said, tapping a claw to his skull. "Okay. Let's go!"

"Take care!" Truffle waved a wing, then looked at Soda, who nodded back.

"Don't do anything stupid," Soda added nonchalantly. "Or if you do, make sure nobody finds out."

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
“Here’s a nice spot.”

Benches weren’t usually Astrid’s friend, but the one she singled out by the roadside happened to offer plenty of space for a quadruped. Hopping up eagerly, she was tempted to curl up and lay down outright—maybe even take a nap, because holy hell she was already tired—but resisted. Cuitcatl might be weirded out if she started snoring out of nowhere.

“So,” she began, gingerly patting the spot next to her. “What makes me an ‘Ah-loh-lahn’ Vulpix?”

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
Cuicatl ran face first into the bench. It didn’t hurt her new, armored face too badly but it still sucked on principle. She sat down right there. Her new body wasn’t built for jumping or climbing.

“Well, almost the vulpix in my world are red and control fire. There’s just one mountain on one island that has ice-type vulpix. That island is in Alola, so I guess the name stuck. Some people,” Kekoa, “call them keokeo.”

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Having departed from the bluff, Celeste... wandered. He didn’t really know where he was going, but he started retracing his steps back towards the beach. On his way, he stumbled across the odd Vulpix, Astrid, sitting on a bench, and the human dragon, Cuicatl... headbutting it?

“Having some trouble, Cuicatl? Nice to run into you again. That goes for you, too, Astrid. Mind if I rejoin you two for a bit?”

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
Astrid flinched, relaxing only when it was clear the Deino wasn’t hurt. “O-oh, sorry, I should’ve mentioned that there’s a bench.” She tilted her head, deep in thought. “On that note, I should probably mention when there’s anything like that. I get the feeling we’ll be hanging out a lot during this adventure.”

She said it like it was supposed to be natural: coming to another world and saving it willy-nilly. Was she really already this comfortable? She felt like it should be a bad thing—she’d been taken advantage of before, after all, and this was easily one of the fishiest situations she’d ever been in. Yeah I’m talkin’ about you, mysterious Charizard.
“Well, almost the vulpix in my world are red and control fire. There’s just one mountain on one island that has ice-type vulpix. That island is in Alola, so I guess the name stuck. Some people,” Kekoa, “call them keokeo.”

Another funny word for Astrid to try out, and try it out she did. “Key-oh-key-oh.”

Was the language she spoke the same as this human’s, she wondered? Translation quirk or not, it was even cuter than ‘ice fox’ had been.

“Having some trouble, Cuicatl? Nice to run into you again. That goes for you, too, Astrid. Mind if I rejoin you two for a bit?”

“Sure! C’mon over.”

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
“So, what did I miss? You two make any new friends while I was away? We had that Litten come to join us as I left. Starr, her name was. How did she turn out?”

Ah. Yeah, that still happened. Astrid really had gotten too comfortable.

The Vulpix sighed, strangely disappointed. “I… don’t know. She was fine one moment, and then while I was talking to her she flinched like she’d seen a ghost. I don’t know. I-I really hope she doesn’t dislike me for some reason.”

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Celeste stopped to think for a moment, but he didn’t have enough information to make a guess. “Sounds like a mystery for another day. For now, let’s just relax until the stars come out.”

He hummed to himself for a moment before continuing. “I think I’m getting better at relaxing without a disaster sense.”

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Celeste nodded. “Yes. We’re all supposed to have it, I have no idea how Diyem managed to remove it. My horn is supposed to alert me when I’m about to get hurt, unless I change something about what I’m planning to do.

“It made me feel safe... and I’m still adjusting to not having it. You were a human, so I can imagine you’ll understand, seeing as you no longer have eyes. We’re both missing a sense, in our own ways.”

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
“Oh... I was blind before, as a human.” Cuicatl paused. If everyone was from different time periods, or even different words, then keeping secrets didn’t mean much here. It still felt wrong to reveal everything. “I had my own gifts to help, but those didn’t make it to the new body and I wouldn’t have needed them if they did.”

Everyone here seems to speak the same language and not having random thoughts pierce through your own is relaxing. No silent conversations sucks, but it is what it is. Being a dragon more than makes up for it.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
“Oh... I was blind before, as a human.” Cuicatl paused. If everyone was from different time periods, or even different words, then keeping secrets didn’t mean much here. It still felt wrong to reveal everything. “I had my own gifts to help, but those didn’t make it to the new body and I wouldn’t have needed them if they did.”

Everyone here seems to speak the same language and not having random thoughts pierce through your own is relaxing. No silent conversations sucks, but it is what it is. Being a dragon more than makes up for it.

“Oh, I see,” he said, cringing internally upon realizing his poor word choice. “It seems I knew less than I though I did about how humans worked. I won’t jump to such conclusions again.”
Astrid blinked at Celeste. “So, like future sight, but only for bad things?”

“Well, sort of. I don’t see what’s about to happen. I get a chilling feeling in my horn, so I know something’s about to happen, even if it doesn’t tell me what’s causing it.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom