• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Treasure Town ~ Marketplace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"Huh. Did you also have a Dark Matter in your world, or just the same geography?"

The distribution of worlds here was curious - multiple Pokémon seemed to come from parallel versions of this particular one. And then on the other end of the scale there were people like him, humans, from worlds that were nothing like it, except for having Pokémon on them. And then there was that Golett who said they only had fiction about Pokémon. Were worlds with humans a rarity in the multiverse?

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"Mmmm." Dave took a sip of his beer again. "I don't know, it sounded to me like Diyem got up to some pretty dark shit before his..." He waved a paw. "His redemption, or whatever the fuck. Maybe you could ask him about it. See if he could tell you how to stop your world's Dark Matter early, before everything goes to shit."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"Where's your village, if it exists here? Relatively speaking? Do you travel to your Treasure Town much?" Dave wondered if there were alternate versions of the same people. "Do you have a 'God Squad'?"

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave blinked. "Wait, you... what? Maple, Truffle, Soda, all of them? The God Squad? Have you just been living under a rock the entire time we've been here?"

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave chuckled and shook his head. "Wow. Wish that was me." He paused for a moment. "Well, they're a bunch of shady assholes who claim to have been sent by Arceus. Literally just showed up a short while back out of nowhere but supposedly Arceus was conveniently there to vouch for them so everyone bought it, which sounds like a load of bull, especially when they've got a Zoroark with them. Have you got an Arceus in your world? A real one, who's actually there?"

Last edited:

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave broke into a wide grin. "You know what, never mind." He took a satisfied sip of his beer. Another notch of circumstantial evidence for no Arceus, he supposed. Not that you could trust anything from one world to apply in another, but if there was a virtually identical world with no Arceus in it at all, or where people at least hadn't even heard of him...

"So what do you do, over in your world? Are you on, uh, a 'rescue team'?"

SparklingEspeon

Back on Her Bullshit
Staff
a Terrace of Indeterminate Location in Snowbelle
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. fennekin
  3. zoroark
"I wish." Tricky made a depressed 'pffffffffff' sound with her mouth. "My pops doesn't like it when I go exploring, because..."

The screaming. The hours of hiding in the bush. The mangled body.

"Never go into one again."

Tricky shivered and shook it off.

"...Because he thinks it's dangerous. But I'm going to do it anyway."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave blinked at her, a jolt of familiar dread twanging at his stomach. "Uh, how dangerous are we talking here? Cool adventure dangerous or get you killed dangerous?"

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave's gaze lingered on her for a few seconds. "Well, preferably you don't ever go into a get-you-killed dungeon. Do you have a way to tell and get out of there?"

SparklingEspeon

Back on Her Bullshit
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. fennekin
  3. zoroark
"The reeeaally dangerous ones are always quiet and empty," Tricky said. "And you can feel something in the air, like it wants you to leave. And if you stay too long, the dungeon starts to attack you itself. It makes trees fall right over where you're standing, vines grab you right off the path, rockslides... Once the fog creeps in, that's when you know you really need to go. Pokemon say there's something in the fog that gets you if you stay in there for too long."

It hadn't sounded very dangerous in her head, but when it was put like that...

"Oh--" she began once again, having forgot something. "Once you're in a dungeon, the only way out is climb up all the floors!"

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave stared at her. "You know... maybe you should listen to your dad." Even then, just saying that made him shudder. Ugh, Jesus Christ. "Or, no, I mean, why do you want to explore these dungeons, if you can't get out and they can get you killed? What's in there that's so great?"

SparklingEspeon

Back on Her Bullshit
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. fennekin
  3. zoroark
"Because..." Tricky twiddled her paws in silence. She knew the answer, she'd always known, but that didn't make it any easier to say. "Because not everymon can save themselves from a dungeon. I don't want to let that happen again, so I train to save others."

She'd been ravenous just a few moments earlier, but all of the sudden she didn't have an appetite anymore.

"I- I need to go. You can have my curry."

With that, Tricky jumped down from the bench and plodded out of the restaurant, without giving Dave a say in the matter.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave opened his mouth but she'd left before he could say anything. He groaned in defeat. How the fuck did these things keep happening? Did everyone here have baggage and traumas ready to make any innocent conversation awkward?

Well, fuck it. At least he had two curries.

<><><><><>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom