• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Treasure Town ~ Marketplace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
It was easy to tell how relieved Mellow was after hearing that. "They are? Thank goodness... The last time I tried to visit there had been some kind of fight. I, er... Ran to get help."

Mellow frowned even more and rubbed at her arm.

"I guess that's when I realized I was in over my head with this "hero" business. But there's more ways than one to help! Surf mentioned making a kind of cure-all with lum and oran juice. I use that as part of all of these, so they all have at least a slight amount of healing properties. You're welcome to try a sample!", she continued after an awkward silence, and tilted her head towards the steaming pot of tea.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut’s tail curled up toward his back. “‘When you leap before you look, expect a rough landing.’ I preached such a belief back home.” Blue and indigo spread through his eyes and face. “Perhaps Diyem subscribes to such a thought... and that’s why he gave us some time to adapt to this world.”

He shook his head. “But this does lend credence to my belief that the ‘hero’s aura’ business may be dishonest.” Bahamut sighed. “It would not surprise me if Diyem recruited at random from conveniently located worlds.”

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Nip opened his mouth to say something, then closed it again, staring at the dragon. He knew that skepticism. "Is that you, Necrozma?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“Yes and no.” Bahamut’s multicolored eyes bubbles like a lava lamp. “Necrozma is merely a title I gave my broken form. But thanks to Maple’s radiance, I am closer to my true form than I’ve been in over a thousand years.”

His beak curved in a pensive smile. “I am Bahamut. Pleased to make your acquaintance, ice-wielder.”

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Over a thousand years? That was... well, Nip could only begin to fathom how long that was. He dipped his head for a moment as a sign of respect. "And it is an honor to make yours, Bahamut." He lifted his head, the slightest of smiles on his face. "I am glad to hear that you were able to return to your true form. Or close to it, at least."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“Mmm. It is temporary, but still welcome nonetheless.” Bahamut’s tail wrapped around his torso, wedging itself between his chest spikes. “Now the question is figuring out to use this power in battle. I do not believe there’s a simple answer to that.”

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
"Er...well, I've never heard of aura or seen some of the things I've seen anywhere at home...", she replied, then listened in on the conversation that the two had. In the middle of it, she reached for her bag and fished out one of the cups she'd gotten, and poured some of the tea she'd brewed into it. May as well enjoy it if they weren't going to ask for one...

"But...if you use it, won't you lose that form...? Shouldn't you conserve that power?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut's head tendrils shriveled. "The most dangerous foes are the ones with nothing left to lose." Purple spread over his eyes. "I have nothing waiting for me back home. It doesn't matter what happens to me. But you all... need to return safely. And I do not believe Diyem when he says that we will be ejected to his abode if something bad happens to us here." He shook his head. "So, it behooves me to do what little I can to make sure you all survive. Even if I'm in pain."

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
"I've yet to find out how Maple's gift will manifest in me," Nip admitted. "I'm hoping to find one of the others and spar with them later." He paused and leaned against the counter, thinking for a moment. "Whether or not that Radiance comes from the Original One or some other source, there's no denying the power behind it."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Sparring. Bahamut showed nothing to give away his disinterest in the notion. "I will continue to speak with the stars and see what opinions they offer me." He reached over and took one of the cups in his wing-claws. It was a bit on the small side for someone standing— or, rather, laying at seven and a half feet. Bahamut opened his beak but, as he expected, the tea evaporated the moment it struck the light behind his crystalline face. He smiled and put the cup back down.

"Alas, not having organs means you handle food and drink quite... differently. But I thank you all the same."

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
The Charmander smiled back and set both cups to the side, then turned to the Sneasel.

"So... I guess everyone except me was present for this gift...? Honestly... I feel kind of glad I didn't get it. I don't even know what I'd do with it at all... But I'm sure it'll let you two do really amazing things! Even more amazing than what you've already done!"

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
"Yeah, after we fought Team Spice, Maple gave it to us in hopes of making it easier to fight those shadowy creatures. Like the one that had been influencing Turf." He scrunched up his nose, his face twisting into a snarl of disgust. "Creatures that can influence your thoughts and actions far better than even the most powerful psychics? That only we can see? It... disturbs me, to say the least."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"But that's exactly why we should catch any we come across." Bahamut tapped a wing against the ground. "If we cannot study them, then how can we hope to develop a remedy? We can't keep beating folks senseless, after all." He sighed. "If Aegis Cave was any indication, the parasites can multiply faster than we can track them down."

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Mellow frowned at hearing this. She hadn't seen what things they were talking about...yet. Hopefully she wouldn't have too, but something in her gut told her that she would sooner or later...

"Well... I won't be doing any more fighting, but if any of you need something to help with any aches and pains, I can see if I can make a stronger batch of what I have here and carry it to the dojo. I'm not sure it will get rid of these parasites but at least it'll get rid of fatigue..."

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
"Oh, are you trained in the ways of creating medicine?" Nip asked, tilting his head. He supposed that would explain all the berries and such she had brought together. "Well, whatever you decide to do, I'm sure someone will appreciate it." He stood back up straight, looking towards the dojo. "Well, I think I'll head off now. Maybe I can find someone willing to train with me. That shinx, maybe. Or maybe the riolu." He paused and winced. Wait. Fighting type. "Maybe not the riolu, actually. You two take care."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut watched Nip leave in silence. "If it's naturopathy you're working toward, I might be able to help you, child." He lifted a wing up and traced in a circle. A small halo of light appeared for a flicker of a second. "Alone, there's only so much berries can do... but couple berry juice with a bit of Morning Sun... and who knows what could happen?"

He shrugged. "Food for thought, I suppose." Bahamut bid farewell, taking off with a single flap of his wings for parts unknown.

Last edited:
Day 15, Early Noon ~ The Great Slug Hunt

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Day 15, Early Noon

"Here we are," Owen said, looking down the main road. They had checked Olive and Plum first, but both of them seemed just fine for the time being, though Plum mentioned he was feeling under the weather. Still, he had no slug or signs of one, so they moved on.

"This place doesn't look too busy right now," Owen said to Dave. "But it might get more crowded later in the day."

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Mellow sat at her little stand and watched for customers...

But it was quiet until she noticed a familiar face. Another Charmander, one from her group! Mellow smiled and waved at them. Maybe they could help her spread the word about her little stand! ...Unless they were busy. She hoped they weren't...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom