• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Treasure Town ~ Marketplace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Right. Now, take that number and multiply it by a thousand and you're getting into the ballpark of how old I am," Necrozma said. "I am, by your standards, far beyond a 'geezer.' I'm a geezer's geezer's geezer's geezer's geezer's geezer."

He kept a straight face through that whole sentence... because he didn't have a face. Though he realized all too late he needed about two dozen more geezers to get the point across properly.

SparklingEspeon

Back on Her Bullshit
Staff
a Terrace of Indeterminate Location in Snowbelle
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. fennekin
  3. zoroark
Tricky was left speechless. No-mon in her world could ever be that old... She just had to figure out how much a thousand elevens were. She srunched up her face thinking about it for a minute. Eventually she came up with "eleventy-thousand", which didn't sound right but it had to be close enough.

"So what are you doing here, anyway?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"'Here' meaning this world... or the marketplace? Specifics are important, you know."

Stars above, it was like Io in his early years all over again. Only without the teleporting to random places.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"There's a xatu here that can help us remember certain moves from our pasts. I took advantage of his talent," Necrozma explained. "Though I still feel too weak to use the move properly." He flexed his claws. "As for this world... I believe Diyem has a cruel sense of humor. That's all."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"An old move. I believe it's called Morning Sun." His core glistened at its mention. "I was always more of a healer than a fighter."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“In a manner of speaking.” Necrozma flexed his claws. “My light could work against diseases and other ailments.”

SparklingEspeon

Back on Her Bullshit
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. fennekin
  3. zoroark
"I've never heard of anymon healing things with light," tricky said. "Except for the grass types, because they eat light or something? I wasn't paying attention in dungeon class, but that's boring anyway. Is that how things worked back in your world?"

She noticed she was beginning to ramble again, which she did whenever there was awkward silence, which there usually was when a conversation died dow--stop it.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"If such a power wasn't possible in this world, then I wouldn't have been able to relearn the move from Xatu." Necrozma figured the reasoning made enough sense for even a youngster that didn't act her age like Tricky.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Necrozma looked up at the sky. "Mmm. It appears I need to be going. Miss Maple is expecting me." He turned away from Tricky. "Be careful out there. This town is fairly quiet, but I imagine there are some on this continent who'll try to advantage of your bright-eyed, bushy-tailed attitude." Necrozma shook his head. "It would be a shame if something bad happened to you when no one is around to help."

He bobbed his head, then hovered toward the dojo. The next several days would go quietly, until news reached the team about Team Spice's whereabouts.

SparklingEspeon

Back on Her Bullshit
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. fennekin
  3. zoroark
Tricky tilted her head at that as she watched him hover off. What did he mean by that? Yeah, there were bad 'mon everywhere, but they stuck out like sore thumbs in a crowd. And all you had to do that point was hit them with an attack and hope you were strong enough to not-lose. Oh well. She'd figure it out later. He was eleventy-thousand geezers or something, after all. Old pokemon liked their puzzles. With that, she trotted off, heading off in a random direction to explore what would await her there.

It was only a few days later that she realized she had forgotten to visit the Wigglytuff's Guild.

<><><><><><><><>

Day 15, Morning ~ Tea Time

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
In the early, dull light of the morning, someone crept into the marketplace...

The someone glanced around, and slowly, methodically, she began to shove abandoned crates together at the edge of the area, until they made a stable, flat surface. She smiled and wiped her brow... But she wasn't done yet! Another set of crates, smaller ones, were pushed into a row, but were spaced out. In the end, it all resembled a nice little stand that also served as a bar...

She was nowhere near finished, her work had only begun. Deftly and with attention to detail, the Charmander continued setting up her impromptu shop. With bits and parts that she scavenged, a drying rack came into being that was quickly filled with an assortment of mints, berries, and even bitter herbs and apricorns! A fire pit was dug and a fire lit behind it, and carefully monitored.
"Almost done...", the Charmander muttered to herself.

Large jars filled with premade blends of the berries, herbs and spices were placed on the countertop; containers of water were stored behind and underneath. With a practiced hand and eye, Mellow put one of the most aromatic blends into the pot she had managed to get, then set it to steep. Soon, people would be wandering in... And when they did, she'd be ready for them...

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
As much as Nip had wanted to test his new radiant powers... he'd passed out afterward, sleeping the evening and the night away as he recovered from the fight with Team Spice. A growling stomach had roused him from his sleep, so he quietly slunk out of the living quarters and made his way towards the town marketplace, nibbling on a gummi along the way.

Though he hadn't paid attention to who was awake and who wasn't he wasn't expecting to find one of the team members hanging out around town. And certainly not behind a makeshift market stall. Despite being one of the charmander, curiosity beat out his caution, and he approached the countertop.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Picking up a hobby, are we?"

Bahamut had kept his distance from the town as he tested out his wings and flew around in a way he hadn't in centuries. But a tiny glisten of light caught his attention. A charmander's tail flame. The girl of the trio; the only one he hadn't actually talked to. He saw the makeshift shop getting set up and glided down for a landing. He lay down on his side and rested his head on his upper wings.

"How did you gather all of this? The woods on the outskirts of town did not look to have much in the way of berries." Bahamut glanced toward the Kecleon Mart in the distance. Would the team have to make peace with the shopkeepers again?

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Mellow looked up when she noticed others begin to approach. Even better- they were from the team that had been sent along with her! Specifically, the Sneasel. (Wasn't his name Nap...?) ... And the...Necrozma? They seemed kind of skeptical... She smiled awkwardly.

"Hi... I'm just setting up shop, but I'll be making and selling tea! I gathered everything myself. The tea I make has herbs, berries, and lots of flavour; whatever your need, I can make a blend to help heal you!", Mellow explained, "I got the idea after seeing what had happened with Surf and Turf... I'm not really good at fighting. But I am good at this..."

She looked down and frowned slightly. "Are they doing alright? I was doing a lot of foraging... I may have missed a lot while I was searching for all of this... Could you tell me...?"

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Nip stared wide-eyed at the dragon. He radiated not just light, but an air of power. The kind of power that one would expect out of a higher being. Nip had never seen a creature such as that one. And yet, there was something vaguely familiar about him. Catching himself staring, though, he turned his attention back to Mellow, listening to her explanation and question.

"They're fine," Nip replied curtly, pushing his questions about the dragon out of his mind. "They saw us off to Aegis Cave, yesterday. Don't you remember?"

Now that he thought about it though... He didn't remember seeing the charmander back then. Had she maybe... not gone with them? She had just said she was doing a lot of foraging...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom