• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Treasure Town ~ Marketplace

Status
Not open for further replies.

NebulaDreams

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. luxray
  2. hypno
“Stoppp—” A rogue spice trickled off her tongue and landed somewhere in her gut, drawing out another hacking cough. All the while, she was trying not to laugh. “—ngh. B-before I turn those dangling ears into icicles.”

Curio couldn't resist another ice pun. "Wow, it's snow wonder that you're not used to so much spice."

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
Curio couldn't resist another ice pun. "Wow, it's snow wonder that you're not used to so much spice."

“Heyy, I already—” hackpfffffth “—used that pun!” If Astrid’s tongue still existed, she’d have stuck it out at Curio in a playful manner. “Looks like I win. Time to wave the snow white flag of surrender, buddy.”

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"Oh my God you're both the worst," Starr said at flatly as she could, though the assault of shitty puns had left its mark, and she couldn't banish the last bit of a grin from her face.

NebulaDreams

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. luxray
  2. hypno
“Heyy, I already—” hackpfffffth “—used that pun!” If Astrid’s tongue still existed, she’d have stuck it out at Curio in a playful manner. “Looks like I win. Time to wave the snow white flag of surrender, buddy.”

"Yup, you got me." She waved an imaginary flag in the air. "You are the pungeon master."

"Oh my God you're both the worst," Starr said at flatly as she could, though the assault of shitty puns had left its mark, and she couldn't banish the last bit of a grin from her face.

"Hey, look at you!" Starr's smile made Curio smile in turn. "Turns out you're not such a sourpuss after all!"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"I don't understand any of the jokes but they're funny!" Potluck said cheerfully, his fishtail wagging rapidly.

Soda rolled his eyes and passed along another unfinished bowl of curry to Flesh. "Hey, just be glad the team building is working out," he commented, and then felt something crawling around in his mane. "Still shy, Leg?"

"Khhh," Soda's mane said.

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
"Yup, you got me." She waved an imaginary flag in the air. "You are the pungeon master."

She could live with that. Thank goodness, because there wasn’t much more she could take. If she laughed too hard, she might shoot milk through her nostrils, and she did not want those burning as well.

"Khhh," Soda's mane said.

The sound of something scraping caught her attention, drawing her towards Soda’s jungle of a hairdo.

“Leg, right?” Astrid cooed. “Aww—don’t be shy. We’re friendly!”

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Soda's mane shifted around and frazzled, and Soda growled, complaining to himself about how long it would take to fix it up.

"Yeah, Leg isn't good with talking," Potluck said, "but she's really nice, too!"

"Eh, don't crowd around her," Soda said flatly. "If you overwhelm her she'll get all stabby."

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
Soda's mane shifted around and frazzled, and Soda growled, complaining to himself about how long it would take to fix it up.

"Yeah, Leg isn't good with talking," Potluck said, "but she's really nice, too!"

"Eh, don't crowd around her," Soda said flatly. "If you overwhelm her she'll get all stabby."

Heeding Soda’s words, Astrid didn’t lean in any further. She still gave a friendly wave, for whatever it was worth.

While idly looking around, she found herself staring at the doorway and thinking aloud. “I wonder what they’re doing at the beach…”

She flip-flopped back and forth between heading down there and finally going to get that nap she’d promised herself. Maybe if she slept for long enough she’d be able to taste things again when she woke up. Oh well. No harm in deciding on the way.

“Welp, I’m heading out. Nice talking to you guys!” Smiling, she glanced between Curio, Owen, and the God Squad—and then finally Starr, if only for an awkward moment of heightened self-conciousness.

Last edited:

SparklingEspeon

Back on Her Bullshit
Staff
a Terrace of Indeterminate Location in Snowbelle
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. fennekin
  3. zoroark
While all this had been going on, Tricky had her muzzle buried deep in one of the humongous curry bowls. Yes, she had been asked if she really wanted to order a Great Curry Bowl all for herself, and yes, the bowl was technically twice as big as she was. And yes, she had foolishly said yes - she couldn't imagine ever not being hungry again! She could eat all the curry in the restaurant and still be hungry afterwards! She was offended by the mere suggestion that she couldn't.

Until she couldn't. Tricky slumped down in her seat with a belch, feeling like she was going to upchuck. The bowl was barely half-finished.

The Great Curry Bowl is only halfway finished!

Tricky's getting full...

No.

She couldn't be defeated - not like this! Tricky placed one paw on the table desperately, then another. She could finish it. She had to finish it. Her honor as a lunchgoer couldn't be sullied like this. She climbed up to the rim of the bowl, then stuck her tongue in for another lap of the curry sauce. The delectable spicy taste the curry had felt acrid in her mouth, and just the thought of taking another bite made Tricky dizzy.

She took another bite anyway.

Tricky got full!

It was too much. Tricky slid off the table and off the chair and landed on the ground, rolling onto her back in pain. She had the biggest stomach-ache ever - she couldn't eat another bite! Silently, on the floor of the restaurant, Tricky admitted reluctant defeat.

The Great Curry Bowl wins!

Tricky looked up with a groan. She then realized she was the only one in her party still at the table.

"Huh? ...Wait! Guys wait for meee!!"

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Last edited:
Day 8, Noon ~ A Better Tomorrow

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Try as he might, meditating in the dojo with his light ball didn’t help him reclaim the power he was hoping for. After a few hours, Necrozma floated dejectedly through the town, looking for any hints that could help.

He eventually sensed a strange energy from a tent resembling a xatu and floated toward it. “Is anyone there?”

Last edited by a moderator:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Silence answered Necrozma, but that strange presence remained, and soon, a Xatu emerged from the tent. He stared unblinkingly ahead, yet somehow it seemed like he was paying close attention to Necrozma at the same time.

"Hello."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Ah. A xatu. Necrozma wasn’t sure what he was expecting. It seemed this one was a ‘mon of few words, too. “I need some help. I’m part of the group that fought the giant magikarp last week. I was hoping someone could help me regain a power I lost.”

He looked at the light ball. “I think mortals know it as Morning Sun. Do you know if there’s anyone capable of helping?”

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
The winds of Treasure Town seemed to blow a little more strongly in this part of the cliff. Then again, it might have also been because when Necrozma stopped talking, Xatu did not start. Not until another breeze finished its long sigh.

"Myself," Xatu said.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
How convenient. “May I request your services, Mr. Xatu? I really need that power back. Morning Sun.” The orb smoldered in his hands.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“To help the team.” Necrozma’s shoulders sagged. “I’m not much of an attacker these days. What little power I have is best spent healing and shielding those who are stronger than me.”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“Raw power, stamina, endurance, and mental fortitude.” Necrozma wasn’t really expecting a philosophical debate. Though could it really be a debate if he was the only one making such statements.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“It requires the other three elements: endurance to withstand your enemies’ blows, stamina to draw upon healing energy, and metal fortitude to patch wounds up.” Necrozma looked at the orb. “I tried to meditate and reclaim the power, but it didn’t work.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom