• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Treasure Town ~ Main Square

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"You channel a little bit of energy into them before you throw it," Owen explained. "That's what gives them speed! But that might be hard to do right off... that's why Blast Seeds might be useful! You don't need to channel much energy to use them. They just explode. Until we get stronger, that might be one of the best things for the weaker attackers to rely on..."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave blinked at the alien, then burst into a snort of laughter. "The talking Pokémon have grenades. Okay. Man, this fucking universe."

Honestly that probably sounded better than actually fighting-fighting.

"So what, you've got planets like mine in your universe? Do they have Pokémon or humans or what?"

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"They did. But all the planets I knew of with humans were destroyed by the same daemon that's likely after this world."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"...a demon." Dave looked at the strange creature, deadpan. "Right."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"You think I'm lying." There was no uncertainty behind Necrozma's words. "But the fact of the matter is that there are worlds where daemons exist. This very world is one of them." He gestured out toward the ocean. "It was nearly thrown into the sun by a daemon known as 'Dark Matter.' Diyem even verified it. Ask him about it if you truly still doubt me."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
I have my doubts that this is because of some World Ender by that title specifically, Diyem said. ...But I do agree that something world-ending is potentially here, hence why I sent you all to investigate.

"Maybe I should get extra Blast Seeds..." Owen looked at the one in his hands, wondering if he should test one out first, giving it a few tentative tosses in the air.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Fool! Don't idly toss those around," Necrozma barked.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"I mean, I guess it depends how you define a 'demon', but, uh. What they call demons in my universe definitely doesn't exist, and the thing called dark matter in my universe does exist but is very much not a fucking demon." Dave paused. "When you say 'demon', are we actually talking some kinda big very powerful Pokémon that eats planets?"

R1 – Day 2 morning ~ Training: Dave & Owen

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"I've never heard of something like that before," Owen admitted, catching the Blast Seeds and stuffing them in his bag to distribute for later. "...But right now what we have to focus on is the Magikarp, right? I think we should get some last training in. A lot of us don't look like they know how to fight... And that won't be good for, you know. Fighting."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"I'd been subjecting myself to spurts of water from the ocean," Necrozma explained. "Our team seems to be sorely lacking in water-types, so there isn't anyone I can turn to for practice in that department."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"I've never heard of something like that before," Owen admitted, catching the Blast Seeds and stuffing them in his bag to distribute for later. "...But right now what we have to focus on is the Magikarp, right? I think we should get some last training in. A lot of us don't look like they know how to fight... And that won't be good for, you know. Fighting."
"I mean, yeah. I've been a Pokémon for a fucking day. Not the most thought-out decision on Diyem's part to expect us all to be able to fight worth shit, to be honest."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen frowned, though he seemed to empathize. "Well, if that's the case," he said, "how about we try sparring against one another right now? I think the dojo's... occupied right now, but maybe we can practice right here? Um--Necrozma, how about you be the, uh, the referee? Or maybe just... take in more sunlight and we'll put on a show?"

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave blinked at Owen. Honestly the whole fighting thing... didn't sound terribly appealing. He'd not really been thinking about it much but imagining he'd just have to kind of be on the sidelines, more on the brains side of things than the brawn. Basically a trainer or something - not that he'd ever done that either, but it seemed a lot closer to his wheelhouse than running around trying to punch things. (Hit things? Tackle things? Bite things? God, what the fuck.) That plus maybe throwing some grenade seeds from a distance sounded ideal.

And yet. Something inside him kind of wanted to... try the fighting thing. It was probably the fucking Poochyena instincts, like everything, that ridiculous Pokémon drive to fight anything that moves, and he was prepared to ignore it like everything else about this form, only some part of it tickled his curiosity, too. Okay, but what would it be like. Just once. For the hell of it. Why not, in the immortal universe.

He sighed. "Sure. Fine. Let's do it. Before I think about it too hard."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Tch. Fine. At the very least, I can stop you if you're doing more harm than good." Necrozma pointed at Owen. His hand brimmed with pink energy.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Great!" Owen had been hoping for a good fight anyway. His flame grew just a little and he crouched down, swishing it left and right to let a few embers trail behind him. He wasn't sure if that gesture would translate well to Dave, who was quite far from a Fire-type, but hopefully the signal went across.

"How about you start, then?" he offered. "Try, uh... anything!" He decided, if Dave was so unfamiliar, that he'd open with basic attacks against the Poochyena than actual techniques.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"Uh. I'm..." Dave stood there, already regretting this. Owen could set him on fucking fire. Why was he doing this again? He had no idea what a Poochyena could even do. Probably bite, but... honestly, he'd rather not.

"...Why don't you start." He could try to dodge something, maybe?

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Okay," Owen agreed, though he knew he had to find a way for this to seem fun for Dave somehow. Maybe they had to get the blood flowing a little bit? "Okay. I'm going to gone right at you, no tricks, alright?" Telegraphing his attacks would help. He'd go for simple punches and kicks. Humans were bipedal, right? He could work with that.

"Here I come!"

The Charmander ran for Dave, bringing his right arm back and balled up his fist. He didn't have much strength in him, so that would make for the perfect sparring partner for a novice like Dave! Once he was close, he swung for Dave. You can at least dodge, right?

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave froze for a moment as the Charmander came at him. But then those strange instincts kicked in, his body seemed to coil like a spring, and he was bolting out of the way with speed that blindsided him. It probably seemed faster because he was small, but - a curious giddy feeling of boundless energy came over him, and he started to laugh. What the fuck.

Without really thinking about it, he was turning around and running straight for Owen. Was this a good idea? Honestly everything told him it probably wasn't, but if there was a time to trust the Poochyena instinct and not think too hard, it was probably now. He took a breath and prepared to ram him with - a Tackle? - and tried not to think of the fire burning on the Charmander's tail.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen swung around and reflexively made a move to sidestep, but halted. Dave should at least know what it felt like to get a strike in--and he could use this to his advantage to strike back at the same time.

"Uff--!"

Owen wasn't expecting that weight to come in, either. Dave was already strong! That meant he could take a hit back, right? Winding his leg back, Owen retaliated with a firm kick into Dave's side, then hopped back to gain some distance. His tail blazed brighter and his eyes glowed with a hint of feral giddiness.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave barreled into Owen, feeling a burst of strange satisfaction as the Charmander seemed taken by surprise at the impact - only to be hit by a kick in his side that, despite the optimistic hope he'd been nurturing that maybe Pokémon just didn't feel much pain, still definitely hurt. Automatically he bared his teeth, and another kneejerk instinct told him to run. He leapt back but faced the Charmander again with a snarl, his side still stinging but somehow not entirely in a bad way?

His heart was pounding with strange hormonal Pokémon excitement. Everything about this was weird as fuck, but at the moment, it was good.

What else could he do? Something about howling eagerly jumped up and down in his head like an excited puppy. He had a detached lucid moment to think fucking really? before he just did it. Strength flowed into his limbs. He laughed again. It struck him that this was basically like being really fucking drunk. That was what this was. Pokémon were just drunk out of their fucking minds on battle hormones, all the time. Amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom