• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Treasure Town ~ Main Square

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"No one said you have to be full of sunshine and rainbows, but how are you gonna get anyone here on your side by bein' such a flaming cunt?"
For several seconds, Starr said nothing. She just stood motionless, fully aware of all the eyes on her.

So that’s how she wants to be. Fine then.

“Alright,” she said slowly. “Alright. Maybe it’s the Pokemon in me now. Maybe it’s the stress, hell if I know. You wanna be like that?”—she sneered—“Then what are we using words for?”

The Litten jabbed a paw roughly toward the dojo. “Let’s settle it like Pokemon. Only way to get stronger, right?”

Last edited:

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa glanced at Curio, wondering how she'd take the challenge, and silently hoping that she'd take it.

Kick her ass, she subvocalised, without fully meaning to.

She didn't take it back.

NebulaDreams

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. luxray
  2. hypno
“Alright,” she said slowly. “Alright. Maybe it’s the Pokemon in me now. Maybe it’s the stress, hell if I know. You wanna be like that?”—she sneered—“Then what are we using words for?”

The Litten jabbed a paw roughly toward the dojo. “Let’s settle it like Pokemon. Only way to get stronger, right?”

Again, Curio was of sound mind and body. And she needed both if she wanted to throw hands at Starr.

"Damn straight, pussycat."

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
What fools. If they wanted to properly train, they should've done so against actual water-type attacks. Their little spat wouldn't help in the slightest. It wasn't like they'd be able to dodge a giant magikarp's equally giant attack. "Again... if you're really as strong as you say, then send more backup," he whispered, head bowed.

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
Astrid watched the exchange go back and forth like a ping pong ball. Several times she raised a paw and opened her mouth to intervene, but louder, harsher voices overpowered her, sending her back to an idle, useless state on the sidelines—a spectator with front row seats to her new team falling apart.

It was only day two.

Cynthian walking away broke her heart, but before she could give chase, something Starr had said registered fully. A fight? What the—?

Nope. Last straw. Astrid stepped forward, unaware of the intensity on her own face (she thought it to be desperation, but it really looked more like she was caught somewhere between crying and baring her fangs).

“H-hey! Knock that off!” She glared at Starr, Curio, and then Starr again. Was this look intense enough to be a glare? Hopefully so. “Our time to prepare for those Magikarp is numbered by just hours now! We don’t need our useful fighters injured before the battle even begins!”

Jedi Shulk

Master Driver
“H-hey! Knock that off!” She glared at Starr, Curio, and then Starr again. Was this look intense enough to be a glare? Hopefully so. “Our time to prepare for those Magikarp is numbered by just hours now! We don’t need our useful fighters injured before the battle even begins!”
“I agree Astrid. Why must we keep on fighting ourselves?!” Fay shouted.

R1 – Day 2 morning ~ Infighting Aftermath

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen had left the area to gather up supplies, and by the time he was back with an overfilled inventory bag of items to pass along to the others, there was a fight?! For some reason. He raised his arms and shouted, "Wait! Wait, wait! What's going on?! I thought we were strategizing!"

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"We're pokémon," growled Brisa. "Sometimes we fight to settle our differences. It's how we get stronger. It's how we grow. They're takin' it to the Dojo like they ought to and not brawlin' in the street, so let them have at it."

She... did actually believe what she was saying. It's just that she wanted to see Curio beat Starr's face in more than she cared about any of that.

"Good to see you... Owen," she said with a nod. "We have plenty of time, not to worry. They'll have cooler heads for strategy in fifteen minutes."

She bounded after the two of them, eager to witness the fight.

Last edited:

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
“B-but we’re on the same side—!”

It was no use. They were already bounding away. She could rally others and try to stop them, but that would only incite more brawling. Best to let two Pokémon tucker themselves out rather than involve most of the party.

Ears flattened in defeat, Astrid turned to Owen. “…M-maybe we should go strategize. I don’t think there’s much else we can do here.”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Strategy? There are plenty of strategies... all of which are likely hampered by our 'good buddy,' Diyem." Necrozma used air quotes with his claws. "Like, for example, if we could prevent the magikarp from using Hydro Pump, even temporarily. Say with a move like Disable. If someone knew it... they could hit the magikarp and remove their most threatening attack."

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram
"Woah! Hey! Hi! Who are you all? Is this one of those other dimensions?" The Mew continued babbling as he investigated everyone else.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Necrozma would've blinked if he had eyes. "M... Mew?!" A pause. No, wait. This wasn't his mew... merely a mew. Still, the resemblance was uncanny. Necrozma looked at the sky. "For all of our sakes, I hope this one isn't as scatterbrained as the one I knew. Else you've done more harm than good."

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram
"Who ya talkin' to? And what are those noises from that dojo?" He's still darting around.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"The fake charizard that sent you here." Necrozma rubbed his forehead with his claws. Yup, definitely scatterbrained. And if this mew's abilities were as suppressed as everyone else's then it likely only knew something like Pound.

Wonderful backup, Stoogezard. I can tell how badly you want us to succeed.

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram
"Fake Charizard? You mean like a glitch? Spooky."

He frowned, swishing his tail in annoyance.

"You didn't answer my second question. Whatever you are."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom