• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WINS] Third Anniversary Fanfic Mafia - Game Thread

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
even DW on you so you can also be protected.
[[JoaT's are one-shot per ability; I already used the redirecting actions targetting a player to me.
Neither my control a players action ability nor my reflect people targetting me ability will have any use for protecting Chibi.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
jet-neutral.png
"I thought about it and yeah, trackin' the pirate guy makes a lot more sense than trackin' the Charmander, so that's what I'm gonna do. He can send mail to whoever he wants."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Okay, yeah, that makes sense to me, I think. We're never going to have a foolproof plan but whatever, my eyes are leaking out of my skull.

Been looking through Starlight and I'm increasingly convinced it just is Starlight. We'll see tomorrow.]]

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Steven hesitated as he contemplated the Floatzel’s handshake. To refuse would be rude, but he had just confessed to a myriad of rather unsavory things, and that was putting it lightly. At best he figured she would have been just as furious as the Luxray that slowly circled behind him, snarling and crackling with electricity.

In a snap decision he reached out and met her proffered paw. At the very least, he hoped he’d given her a good chase.

“To our next meeting being under better circumstances,” he said before quickly withdrawing. Time was running short. He could feel more stares on his back, and the crack of Archie’s knuckles front and center. No way he could muster another void-clone before...

Suddenly, the ground opened up beneath Steven’s feet, but there was no panic on his face as he disappeared into the hole beneath his feet. The white nothingness closed up as if nothing had happened.

And then. “Ah, I’m sorry about that,” came Steven’s voice from beyond the edge of the group. He had reappeared a good enough distance away that no one could get to him. At least, not before he could react.

“I’d rather not get punched again,” he said, brushing some invisible dust from his sleeve. “Once was more than enough, thank you.”

“As for that little trick,” he continued when the group still hadn’t recovered from the shock of what they’d just witnessed, “the ground here is quite remarkable. Nothing like our earth whatsoever. It’s completely malleable and self-healing. It can be shaped and manipulated with just a thought. Fascinating really. Oh, but I’m getting carried away aren’t I?” he said with a sheepish smile that quickly sobered.

“I guess I should explain myself. These games... they’re... stressful. I’ve been through enough at this point to know. The feeling I've gotten, not just from this game, but all of them, is that everyone here wants one thing. To go back home. And, well...”

He paused, glancing down at his upturned palm.

“Let’s say it certainly was a unique opportunity. The power to grant everyone what they wanted in the most expedient way possible.”

Steven looked around at the group, an expression of calm gracing his face, like he’d reached some kind of inner peace. The angry stares, the snarls and muttered insults washed over him like a river over a thousand stones. He would weather it much the same.

“I can only say I hope you are all able to find your way back home soon.”

The nothingness at Steven’s feet rippled, and he gave a dry smile. “Ah, it seems as if it’s time for me to head home myself. Though, undoubtedly a less direct trip for someone like me.”

Without warning, the void lurched up, grabbed Steven, and pulled him down.

This time, he did not reappear.

---​

And what could anyone say to that? Even if the night hadn't come down like a hammer immediately after the ground had rippled red, Steven had left them all in quite a spot. It seemed he'd had a better control of the world around him than anyone... and it still hadn't been enough to save him.

The remaining players retire to their beds with a plan. They're on the right track, they're sure of it. It won't be long now... They have the Mafia in their sights. Surely the end of the game will be upon them soon.

Steven Stone (Panoramic_Vacuum) has been eliminated. He was Mafia.

Night Four begins now and will continue until midnight UTC May 13th/8 PM EST May 12th.

Final Vote:

Panoramic_Vacuum - 6 (Chibi Pika, DawningWinds, Flyg0n, Inkedust, Dragonfree, Panoramic_Vacuum)

Not Voting: IFBench, Starlight Aurate

Panoramic_Vacuum wrote the death flavor for this post. Thanks for your help!

Day Five Start

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Day Five

The morning dawns quiet. Is it the calm before the storm, or does it actually signal peace?

There's no one missing today. That's immediately obvious--with so few players left, it would have been immediately obvious if one hadn't shown up to their daily gathering. They put together a plan, and they executed it, and last night, no one had to die. What are they going to do next?

It's a staredown as those still living assess one another, search tired faces for any sign of guilt. Who will they eliminate today? And just how much farther will they need to go to bring this game to its final close?

No one has been eliminated.

Discussion is now open for Day Five and will continue until midnight UTC May 15th/8 PM EST May 14th.

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
[[No kill presumably means Free is town, so that's good- one less suspect on the list. I've got a bit more to say about night events but I wanna hear from the invest roles first.]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
[[I'm currently in a tornado warning and signal is not great in my basement so I make no promises about my activity over the next several hours. I'll try and respond but can't make any guarantees.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
C948FAF2-E908-4739-A825-2A63216D3F50.png
“I followed the scent of that pirate guy and my nose took me over by the Luxray,” Jet replied. She cocked her head with a crooked grin and added, “Didja get any mail?”

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[[I have not received any mail, no. Which means only one thing: Starlight did indeed inherent the Factional Kill from Virgil and Pano's claim of receiving mail yesterday was fabricated to cover their tracks. Obviously, this means that Free's claim is most likely true, given that she clearly did her job.

So anyway, no reason not to given that this confirmation is mechanical...
Vote: Archie]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
[[I redirected Starlight to Inke last night, so Chibi is most certainly telling the truth.
I trust that Inke is telling the truth about not having gotten mail.
Vote: Starlight Aurate

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
[[Actually Inke at this point can basically not be lying because my claim corroborates Chibi's (and my claim isn't exactly a viable candidate for lie at this point) meaning Pano has to have told the truth about targetting Inke each night per Chibi's claim, making Inke town mechanically.]]

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
Archie closed his eyes and let out a chuckle.

"So, figured it out, have ye?"

He opened his eyes. They flashed with hunger, glinted with hints of excitement, burning with remnants from decades of built-up rage.

"It's time for you all to get what's coming to you. That blonde girl thought she could betray me and get away with it. I showed her. And now I'm about to show you all, too. Remember that 'mail' I sent out at the beginning of this game?" His mouth curved into a large smile. "You shouldn't have messed with Team Aqua!"

Motion: End day early

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[[Ahahaha, so the mail does do something. I thought a Mafia mailman was extremely weak, especially if it was a three-person setup. You probably should've left your recipients alive, however if that was the case.

Either way, we have our solve. Starlight is either the last Mafia or is scumbuddies with Bench. I suppose we'll see at EoD.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Wait wait okay call me paranoid but after free's 'oops I get to switch being immortal nonsense lets not end the day.

Should we let it play out?

I can bite archie tonight? I'm just ultra afraid its like 'Scum mailman but if voted/lynched everyone who was mailed dies?

Idk I guess I'm being stupid or paranoid

Vote:Archie?]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
Scum mailman but if voted/lynched everyone who was mailed dies
[[I'm pretty sure almost all of Starlight's reciepents are dead anyway? I think just Chibi is alive who claimed mail from her.
Besides if Starlight's last scum it doesn't matter, we win regardless.]]

Top Bottom