• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WINS] Third Anniversary Fanfic Mafia - Game Thread

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
I think the two smaller games is a pretty good idea, to give everyone a chance to play. I don't know how I feel about the priority signups; I would be concerned about newer players would still set themselves at lower priorities out of concern for "taking" spots from more invested players...? I think making sure everyone can play seems the best way make sure nobody has to worry about that.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
I would absolutely love an anonymous game, sounds like a whole new level of fun! Concurrent games or random assignments aren’t a bad idea. I personally don’t see an issue with having player caps as they are currently being used, but I’m not opposed to mixing it up a bit, either.

GG everyone! I’m honestly really impressed with scumteam for how well they played!

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Personally I don’t think I’d be able to join a game where you play other people’s characters. Anonymized out of character could be sort of neat to try but I can’t help but think people would be kind of recognizable unless everyone like, actively tried to mask who they are…?

Trying to encourage more new players could definitely be good - two games sounds like a neat idea (maybe one could be more newbie-oriented?).

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Even if we anonymised ourselves we can't post at different times than usual as limited by timezone and workdays. "I wonder if Anon 5 is Jackie bc they're never online at daystart" type stuff. I'd feel profoundly nerfed if there was a mechanical disincentive to get identified lol

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
We were thinking the anonymous game would not involve RP, no. And there were plans to have designated hours for thread open decided ahead of time based on player schedules.

Would love to get more newbies involved! Either through a newbie game or a hydra game where newbies get paired with veterans.

I’m intrigued by the possibility of day start and wouldn’t be opposed to trying it.

Good game everyone! Scumteam played really well with a rough hand, and the death flavor was fantastic.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo