• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WIN] Darkwhite's Role Overdrive Mafia

Day 0

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Player list:

Ajia (Delcatty) [Chibi Pika]
Arctozolt (Arctozolt) [Bench]
Bartholomew (Rotom) [Equitial]

Cosmo (Linoone) [Flyg0n]
Courtney (Ninetales) [Starlight Aurate]
Dave (Mightyena) [Dragonfree]
Fray (Froslass) [ShinjiGojira]
Kekoa (Skitty) [Persephone]
Kimiko (Snivy) [Seren]
Laura (Alolan Meowth) [unrepentantAuthor]
Mademoiselle (Yveltal) [Inkedust]
Nanu (Alolan Meowth) [Blossomleaf]

Odette Cinq-Mars (Jellicent) [Sinderella]
Princess (Skiddo) [bruh moment]
Aster (Kadabra) [AbraPunk] (Was HelloYellow)
sans (Slakoth) [Bluwiikoon]
Shimmer (Kirlia) [Windskull]
Sidney (Cacturne) [Panoramic_Vacuum]
Kora (Zoroark) [Fusion] (was SparklingEspeon)
Winona (Swellow) [Just a Torchic]

--

For some reason, everyone woke up in a great field of prismatic lights with a fuzzy-feeling ground that had little definition other than how it felt. There were a little over twenty of them in the room, perhaps more or perhaps less depending on how many of them counted as people.

To the north--there was no sense of direction, so the choice was arbitrary--there was a great light. No matter how much one walked, the light was still just as far away. To the south, it seemed to be an endless field of nothing but more of that rainbow, gentle swirl.

Everyone seemed to be unharmed and safe. All except for... a single, curious looking statue of stone--a Charmander with an angry, yet frightened expression. Frozen in time, about to launch an attack, yet never able to.

It was too real-looking. That was actually a Charmander, petrified by some twisted magic.

Who was responsible for this?

If only someone looked up...

--

We are currently in the "Day Zero" pre-game phase! No players have assigned roles or alignments yet, but feel free to roleplay your character exploring the environment, meeting other people, etc.

This phase is entirely optional and has zero mechanical relevance to the actual game, so if you'd rather sit out, you can simply wait for the start of the first phase to be announced.

The start time of the first proper phase will depend on how long it takes me to complete setup, but I am currently aiming for 6 PM Sunday, my time. Countdown here.

If there is a better time to end phases, let me know. But once it's set, I won't be changing it. I know everyone has strange time zones, so I'm going to try to find an agreeable time where as many people will be present as possible. Another possible end time is Noon my time, which is 6 hours earlier than the above countdown. Or, more specifically, 18 hours later to offset it and give people time to rp and acclimate/ask their questions.

Day 0 will immediately transition to Day 1. The game will begin on a day phase, when everyone knows their powers, but no night actions have taken place. However, during day 0, you are more free to ask questions about the game, before powers are assigned... But once powers are assigned, what Darkwhite and I can answer will become significantly more limited.

Last edited:

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
BARTHOLOMEW: vote: Dragonfree bc she was mean and got me voted last time
BARTHOLOMEW: (╥_╥)

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
You stretch out and groan. Gods, it feels like your entire body was beat up, melted, and recast. Wait. That, that could be really good. You open your eyes and see… paws.

Cute cat paws. Your tail swishes behind you and it’s pink tip enters your field of vision. White body, pink tail. Like the cat in a dollhouse.

You’re a skitty.

A quick glance around shows that everyone here is a pokémon. Better pokémon than baby’s first cuddle buddy. Oh, and one of them is turned to stone. That feels like a better fate than being a skitty.

Whoever the highest power is, they really love putting you into bodies you don’t belong in.

“What happened?” you ask in an adorable meow. “And is there any way to undo it?”

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
The black-and-white Slakoth blinks sleepily, just taking everything in for a minute. He inspects his new paws and bone-white fur, before just lazily shrugging with an ever-present grin.

"well then. at least i'm getting some exercise."

Although sans says that, it appears he has no intentions of moving around.

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
Courtney yawned widely--in spite of the rigorous training workout yesterday, she felt fantastic! Tabitha always pushed the team so hard, and she loathed how abrasive he could be. But perhaps his workouts were actually working!

Blinking, she stared dazedly at the swirling mist all about her and swiveled her head to see a wide assortment of different Pokemon.

"Where... where am I? You--oh, what are you?" she asked delightedly as she spied a small, orange fox. "You're adorable!"

Getting up, she trotted--

Wait, why was she on all fours?

"AH!"

Her heart raced as she saw cream-white fur covering every inch of her body, from the tips of her ears to each of her nine tails.

"I'm... I'm..."

She raised her head, her ruby eyes glinting. "I'm adorable!"

ShiniGojira

Multiversal Extraordinaire
Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
Fray shivered with a quiet giggle, her hands moving across the ground like she was making snow angels.

She adored the strange fuzzy feeling the ground was sending her.

"Oh man! Litno! You didn't tell me portal-hopping would be so fun! This is so great! Everything's so fuzzy!"

She flew loops in the air, her eyes fluttering with energy.

She stopped before glancing around, a confused look on her face. "Hey, Litno? June? Where are you guys?"

She tilted her head before she took notice of the other Pokémon in the room.

"Oh my gosh! Hi, everyone!" She waved her right hand frantically before flying around to greet everybody.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"What the hell have you gotten us into THIS time?!" The strange chimera screeched, though, oddly it wasn't directed at anyone around, instead at...their own tail?

You're on your own, I don't have a clue either!

Blossomleaf

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
she/her
The first indicator that something was off, was that it was too peaceful and quiet wherever Nanu was napping. Since by now Nanu would have expected either Tapu Bulu, Acerola, or the stray Alolan Meowths to have woken him up. And the fact that Nanu was met with silence...was enough for him to sense that something must have happened. Especially when the first thing Nanu saw in his field of vision were furry blue-grey paws where his hands should have been and-

Oh. So maybe in hindsight, sarcastically wishing on that shooting star to "go on a vacation away from Alola" wasn't the best of ideas. If some unknown deity couldn't detect said sarcasm Acerola chastised him for.

Especially when Nanu noticed he was surrounded by other Pokémon (both familiar and new) who seemed as bemused as he felt. And with that ominous Charmander statue standing petrified and afraid from whatever danger it was trying to defend itself from--

Yeah. Better for Nanu to remain silent and let the others do the talking instead. Because at least obtaining intel by listening into the conversations would be much easier. While he figured out what Pokémon he was exactly. Since the grey fur and tail were enough indicators to hint he might be an Alolan Meowth? But given that Nanu didn't exactly plan for his day to have him turn into a Pokémon...well.

Anything could be on the table for what he was. And surprises were something Nanu did not enjoy.

So hearing the Skitty ask "what happened" was a good starting point indeed. Since Nanu himself was curious to hear what the others said. Now that he realized he wasn't alone in this unknown place with at least twenty or more Pokémon who were present as well.

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
Princess does not recognize where she is, but that's okay. Every time she's been brought to an unfamiliar place before, it's been so much fun! She hops around, hoping the height will give her a better view of the place. There's no dandelions anywhere, not even a blade of grass! Everything is so blurry and weird, but the ground is all smooth and goes on forever, too... If she ran in any direction, there'd be no buildings or trees or people or anything to get in your way or stop her, and she could just run and run for as long as she wanted. She starts to do just that. Wahoo!

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
And then, someone, something perhaps, descended from the sky. "Uhu, uhuhu... huhu... Oh! It looks like it allll worked! Everyone is right here, ready to plaaay!"
1643582720540.png

"Uhuhu, you're ready to play a game, right? Right? That's why you're here?"

It was some kind of tiny, purple, cloudy Mew with a spaded tail. Her eyes were a bright white surrounded by black sclera, and was that a literally-sharp tongue? She flew through the air like a fish through water, spinning around several of the inhabitants of the prismatic void.

"I have everything you need right here!" she added, holding up two things--a deck of cards with nothing on them, and a bag that jingled with something metallic.

ShiniGojira

Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
Fray stopped in her tracks, the new voice gathering her attention as she tilted her head. "Hm? A game?"

She clapped her hands, flying close to the the purple Mew. "Sounds fun. Hi! I'm Fray! And, uh..."

"What's a game? Is it something fun?" she whispered, hovering around the Mew, her eyes scanning every inch of the Pokémon.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Hmmm... yes! You do! But if you lose..." She gestured to the Charmander stature. "I take your soul and your body turns to stone... Then I'm going to punish you for five." She held up a paw and two fingers with the other.

Then, she disappeared, reappearing behind the petrified Charmander. "But if you win, you don't have to worry! Here!" She flicked her wrist, and rulebooks fell from the sky. Along with that, she tossed the bag in the center of the crowd. "And take one of these, too. Inside, there are little badges that can tune to a world beyond... Did you know that every single one of you have guardians floating just over your shoulder? Their voices are strange... but they can help you survive this game. As long as you hold one, everyone will be able to hear what your guardian so desperately wants to say!" She giggled. Still, that deck of cards was still in her possession.

"Let me know if you have any questions~"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"LOOK WHAT YOU'VE GOTTEN US INTO!" the chimera screeched, but nevertheless, reached down, and picked up one of the badges. "We better win, or I am going to personally disband Team Yell once we're back to normal."

The tail failed around wildly at that, before smacking into the head, causing the chimera to cry out in pain.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave blinked blearily at two black paws extending in front of him. He was... a Mightyena again. Back in Cibus. Back in Cibus?

He jolted to his feet, looking around, but no, this sure didn't look like Cibus - it was some kind of psychedelic void. A bunch of other Pokémon were waking up around him, probably about as confused. A stone statue of a--

"Owen? Hey--"

Dave prodded at the statue, his heart thumping. It wasn't moving, the stone cold and hard. How would it be him anyway? Owen'd evolved into the world's biggest Charizard. He'd sure made it here in his evolved form, thank fuck; why wouldn't Owen, if he were back?

And then, suddenly, someone descended from the sky.

"...Sword. Sword, what the fuck are you doing."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
This game is dangerous. It’s not like the other ones. You have to watch your back.

Worrywart. He was a worrywart. Odette had been watching her back for most of her life; this would be no different.

With a slow inhale, she forced her head to move from side to side, effectively bringing all the weight back into her sleepy body. With some strain, she forced her eyes open and allowed her eyes to adjust to the daylight. The glasses on her face were already starting to darken against the sunlight—praise the gods for transition lenses. Making these weird interdimensional awakenings easier.

This time, she inhaled deeper, and her hand instinctively traveled to her waistband, where she’d shoved her glock just before whisking away. A gun would be helpful in a game of Mafia—Clovis never specified as much, but she wasn’t an idiot.

Imagine her shock when she didn’t feel the weapon on her. Imagine her horror when she realized she didn’t have legs. Or hands. Or the clothes she’d put on before she left the house.

A loud gasp clawed up out of her throat as she pushed herself to sit up. Her shock only multiplied under the weight and height of this new body.

She wasn’t human anymore. She wasn’t 5’0, with curly hair and pale skin and ten fingers and ten toes and a curvy nose and two symmetrical ears…

She was taller now. Huge. She had hands, but they were tentacles. She had legs, but she had hundreds of them. They were also tentacles. Her skin was cold and thin, and her body simply curved outward into more fucking tentacles. And her hair? None. Just a fleshy mane-like structure.

She was a Jellicent. Like no Jellicent she’d ever fucking seen before, sure. Jellicent weren’t maroon, and they didn’t have these leg tendrils. But. She recognized the shape. She also recognized just how naked she felt.

“Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no, no,” she said, turning her hands in front of her face, evidently trying to make sense of what she was seeing. “No, no, he didn’t tell me I wouldn’t be human. I didn’t sign up for this.

Her anger was building. It was building fast. It was becoming almost impossible to contain, even as she whipped her head around, trying to find a single trace of something familiar. She found a book, she found other Pokemon, but not much more. On instinct, she padded her side again, and her breath hitched when she was once again reminded her weapon was no longer with her.

“Oh,” she growled. “When I find out who took my goddamn glock, it’s on fucking sight.”

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
Well, this was a new experience... and yet, despite that, Kimiko couldn't shake the feeling that she'd been a pokemon at least once before. Last time, it was only briefly and... something vaguely catlike. This time, though, she recognized her tail, at least. Also, the vines... the additional limbs were certainly an interesting sensation, to be sure. Was this another of those bizarre games?

But no, the purple... thing that had appeared before them didn't look like Hoopa, but something else entirely. Some other pokemon? There sure were a lot of others around, far more than the last time she'd been pulled from her own reality. If she had a dime for every time that had happened so far... well, she'd have two dimes, but it was definitely strange for it to have happened twice.

The purple creature seemed to be this reality's version of Hoopa, given the talk of rules and whatnot. So, was this just another legendary dragging some unsuspecting people here for it's own entertainment? The charmander statue implied otherwise, and it sent a shiver down her spine.

Studying the other participants, Kimiko wondered idly who they were. Were they all humans at one point, forced into the body of a pokemon now? Were any of them naturally pokemon? At least one of them seemed to be yelling at itself. Several of them looked panicked, yet there were quite a number of them who looked... bored. As though they'd been through this before. or maybe they, like her, were just projecting an air of calm, but internally kind of freaking out.

Deciding to test out her new limbs, she reached out a vine and swiped one of those rulebooks that the purple creature unceremoniously dumped to the ground for the players, keeping one eye on the rest of the room as she studied.

ShiniGojira

Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
A Charmander statue? Wait, she thought turning others to ice was a bad thing, why did this Mew get to turn people to stone if she couldn't turn them to ice?

She harrumphed, crossing her arms as she descended towards the statue and stuck her tongue out at its resemblance to her current trainer.

Now with proper justice dealt, she turned her attention to the books on the ground.

The Mew said there were some strange stones that could talk to a guardian or something? She couldn't quite read the book so hopefully this guardian could inform her of what this 'game' was.

Blossomleaf

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
she/her
"Hmmm... yes! You do! But if you lose..." She gestured to the Charmander stature. "I take your soul and your body turns to stone... Then I'm going to punish you for five." She held up a paw and two fingers with the other.
"..Five? Five what exactly?" Nanu ruminated quietly from over where he picked up the rulebook and the strange 'Guardian device' they were given. Since the idea of having some unknown entity helping him out? Sounded so farfetched that Nanu couldn't help but wonder if this supposed 'Guardian Angel' would actually be helpful (?) or detrimental to whatever game they were being roped into playing.

And those cards that....creature was holding. Those cards were definitely something of importance even if they were blank with nothing written on them. Because Nanu could definitely share the Jellicent's sentiments about how he "didn’t sign up for this.

And based on her reaction, it also sounded like some of these Pokémon were humans prior to coming here? Which meant that maybe there was more to this 'game' than he had originally thought.

Especially if there truly were unpleasant stakes in this for losing that Nanu couldn't afford to have happened. If he wanted any chance at getting back home so he could return to Acerola.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
When Ajia first woke up, there were several odd things to process. For one, the strange, prismatic landscape, like something out of a dream. For another, she wasn't in her normal body. She had four slender paws, a fluffy collar, and a pair of oversized ears.

"Huh. Well, this is new." It wasn't every day she dreamed she was a Delcatty.

Some basic experimenting seemed to indicate that it wasn't a dream, either. All her senses were far, far too realistic. Maybe some kind of psychic-type trickery? She considered herself pretty well-versed in high-level psychic things, considering who her partner was. But this wasn't anything she was familiar with.

The other interesting thing was that she wasn't alone.

But before Ajia could introduce herself to the others and ask if any of them know how they'd got here, the culprit made herself known. A strange shadowy Mew had called them all here for a game of secrets, lies, and deception. (Ajia wasn't sure if she should read too much into the fact that she'd been called here for something like that. In all likelihood, it was just random chance.) Needless to say, she had a lot of reading ahead of her. That is, if she didn't want to end up like that Charmander... the Mightyena had called him 'Owen'?

Ajia turned away from the statue and shivered. She'd just have to win, then. No problem, right?

She glanced around at the varied assortment of Pokemon around her. The game hadn't started yet. No reason she couldn't get to know the others until then.

"So who all used to be human?" Ajia asked. She was pretty sure the Skitty was, since he'd asked about getting his old body back.

Top Bottom