• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Town victory] Vanilla Mafia!

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Hana sat down on the beach, cross-legged, and let out a long sigh. She looked all around at those who remained. By tomorrow, someone else would be gone. Maybe her.

"Well, to anyone who's uh... on our side... good luck tomorrow, if I'm not here. If anyone has any last comments to share, nows the time."

[[To be clear I am not asking anyone to reveal important information but if you do have any last suspicions or thoughts or readlists, now is the time!]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
They were running out of time. Hana wrote lots of useful things! But Ebony didn't have time to read it all. Reading was still really new to her and she wasn't used to it.

"I wanted to look at some stuff that Bart said. To find some clues. And, umm..." She looked a bit miserable.

Related to what Flyg0n said, I think it's very likely we have a scum in this group of townreads: uA, Dragonfree, Phantump, and HelloYellow. For me, uA is the one I suspect the least, Yellow the most.
Another thing: if Espeon is scum, that makes me think her scumbuddies are inactive/inexperienced. If you haven't been scum before, at least in my teams, many of our posts and claims were workshopped before sending them out. Scum!Espeon presumably would have given her hint before posting it in the thread. We sussed her claim pretty quick, so that means experienced partners would have more likely said, "Hey wait, are we sure this really works out?"
[[Equi said these in order. I am leaning toward the first being an actual attempt to mislead us, and then the second being the point where it became opposite day so that we wouldn't have any leads. This is actually giving me a strong, strong suspicion that one of the mafia is NOT an inactive/inexperienced. Which means that if Sparkle flips scum, I am leaning against Astrid being scum.]]

Ebony let out a whine. "One of the bad guys might be good at this game. That scares me. And I don't have time to check."

[[Gogo last minute paranoia. No, not about Bart, about my townreads. I've gone on record a thousand times saying that I can not read Dragonfree or Phant. I know I'm smug/overconfident about my ability to read people, but I can't read them. So if I die tonight, please pay close attention to everything I said about everyone except them. I want you all to make your own reads. Come to your own conclusions. And pay very close attention to what other people (not me) have said about them.]]

Ebony looked at everyone worriedly. "So, umm. In case I'm not here tomorrow"--She would be! She had to be!--"My Voice wants me to give some advice! Since a lot of people haven't played this game before!"

"So, um... how to catch bad guys! It's really easy to pretend things that aren't true. It's really hard to forget things that ARE true, though. No matter if you're good or bad! Like when Mike said he was rolecop--it made me think he had to be a bad rolecop. Back then, he was more suspicious to me than to other people because I knew things. And the mafia know more things than anyone!"

"So my Voice says that if you want to catch bad guys, you should look for the stuff that people assumed! And, um... try to think about why they're assuming it! And also... the worst, most biggest sign of a bad guy is saying that someone is kind of suspicious, but also not really... and then voting for them anyway! It's almost always bad!"

Ebony glanced back and forth between her friends. "Umm... I hope we get to see each other again!" She really, really hoped.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Reme fell back on the sand, sighing. "I... certainly wish we had information. My voice has been out of it, struggling to find focus, and with how little he and I have to say on the current going ons... we're no more than side characters at this point."

God... that felt uncomfortably normal for Reme, and vile to admit.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Jean hugged her friends close and waited for the night to fall.

[[Fingers crossed, all]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
BARTHOLOMEW:
--welp
--goodbye friend :'(

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Hana gave the Houndoom a sad smile. "Thanks. I hope you make it, I really do."

"You're a good dog. Goodnight."

[[For the record I do not trust Free who does not behave quite as a town but please make your own judgements. Goodight]]

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Final votes:

Bartholomew: 10 (Homestar, Yellow, Flyg0n, Abra, Chibi, Persephone, Fusion, Dragonfree, unrepentantAuthor, Phant)
SparklingEspeon: 1 (Equitial)

No vote: Espeon, Goat, Sinderella

--

Ghostly chains solidified around Bartholomew, almost covering the entirety of their yellow Nintendo they inhabited. Bartholomew’s spirit—a wavy mass of red and orange—stirred from its resting place. Instinctively it tried to pull away from the restraints, but the chains kept their essence locked into their shell.

BARTHOLOMEW:
--lol
--i dont know what I did
--like, im pretty sure I did something wrong
--because im about to be thrown into a portal to hell
--i think i was in trouble before i got here too >.>

Bartholomew flashed back to the moments before waking with their letter. Cyber agents circled as Bartholomew jumped gleefully through webs of wifi connections, back when Bart was still a Porygon. That was fun—before that Bartholomew didn’t have other computer-people; Bart just used the internet to play funny jokes on the meat people outside.

But, for some reason, the agents weren’t having fun like Bartholomew was. The agents wanted to put Bartholomew into some kind of machine, kind of like the one that other Porygon was stuck in. The machine’s body was a bit more complex than the other Porygon’s, and being a robot at first sounded like it would be kind of fun. But the agents also explained the machine would cut off Bartholomew from the internet or any other device, so that Bartholomew “couldn’t wreak havoc and hurt anyone else.”

Boring!!!

BARTHOLOMEW:
--playing here could still be fun, but it looks like I lost or something *sadface*
--well. maybe there are other worlds with other games
--other games where I can be a better player!!
--maybe by doing some actual murder lol

Bartholomew stopped straining against the chains. Instead they turned and burst forward, toward the portal. They spun giddily as they dove into the void, the voice of their Pictochat echoing:

BARTHOLOMEW:
--wheeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! xDDDDDDDDDDD

--

Bartholomew was eliminated. They were innocent.

Day 4 will begin in 48 hours.

Day 4

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
The spear haft hit the ground, and Salem's ears flattened back against her skull, her hands flying up in a useless defensive posture. As the chains began to emerge, tears welled up in her eyes.

1630109959078.png
"N-no, it's too early! I was going to help figure it out! I'm clever, I promise, I'd help make a good game, I can be worth it–!"

[[I'm sorry, but this really is the end. There's no way out.]]

Salem reached out for her nearest allies, but there was no saving her now. The chains tethered themselves to her, ethereal and yet unyielding. The time for a chance of that had passed, and with it went the last of her composure, tears streaming down her face from wide, frightened eyes.

1630109971799.png
"No! Please, I don't want to go! I'm... I'm scared! Someone help me! Please!"

[[Be brave, sweetheart. Sacrifice in this game won't be the end for you. I'm sorry there wasn't more I could do for you. You did so well, kitten.]]

Salem clutched at her upper arms as the chains dragged her away, and closed her eyes against the horror.

1630109982345.png
"...It's okay. At least someone called me their friend and wanted me around. That's what I wanted most, anyway."

--

They appeared in a completely abandoned mansion. Dark wood furniture was untouched by time and people; a gentle fire crackled eternally in the back of the room. Plates with no food neatly lined a central table. Yet despite all of its regal splendor, there was a tense atmosphere that would never go away.

Eien was hanging around out one of the windows, too large to fit in the dining hall properly. One of the windows was open, and she, carefully, stuck her head in to drop a new letter. Because, indeed, they lost yet another of their own...

Salem (unrepentantAuthor) was eliminated. She was innocent.

Night 4 will begin in 48 hours.

Last edited:

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Jean sat miserably slumped in her chair, ears drooping. Salem was gone, too. It was just a game but that didn't make looking at the empty spot next to her feel any better.

"I don't like this game anymore," she muttered.

[[:(( Salemmmm

Hi, brain is leaking out of my ears and I need a nap before I can do any useful posting, but primarily I think we really need to hear from @SparklingEspeon today, and in the meantime I want to review several other people because we're running real low on potential mafia]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[NOOOOOOOOOOOO]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[AHHHHHGGG NOOOOII

I HAVE THINGS TO SAY BUT. On an important note.
Just so everyone knows abrapunk/Kent is going to step away from the game a bit and remain inactive on the thread, so if you don't see them around this day phase, that's why.
I'll also be busy so you might not see me too much either.

I'M REALLY ANGSTED]]

Homestar!

Mikeposter/Galaxy-Brainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
"Listen well."

"We do not know what has happened, nor where you are."

"But your behavior? Your response?"

"Pathetic."

"Accepting your fate? Embracing death?"

"Cowardice."

"Robin cannot come back again. I have forbidden it. She holds no sway here. Snuff out that thought."

"I have heard whispers. Others falling asleep. Some never get up."

"But to embrace that fate? Stupid."

"Rise and fight. You do no favors in dying."

"... Also, Robin says hello. I said it, there, now can we foc---"

Mike was becoming used to the long waits in his room. But he was not becoming used to the dreams-within-dreams, nor with awakening to find himself anywhere but the plain bed he fell asleep in.

Vincent was right. Rolling over and dying was stupid. He blinked away the sleep, rubbed his eyes, and found himself within some sort of mansion.

There was work to do.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[AUGH THATS ROUGH BUDDY.]]

Clovis was…shocked he’d managed to live this long. He figured he and that ice-type were dead the first night, but here they were. Day 4 and still kicking. He supposed it was well worth it, because they’d FINALLY made it to a place where he felt comfortable—a FUCKING mansion.

“Oh my gods, finally,” he sighed, clutching his stomach as he doubled over. He felt like he could breathe a little better, now that they weren’t being left to mother nature’s bullshit.

Though, he couldn’t shake the sense of somberness in the room. He raised his head and peered around at the rest of his fellow game-mates, and was both surprised and quite…shocked to find the missing Pokemorph. A jolt rocked his gut; an invaluable player and part of his team, gone. He’d never doubted Salem’s innocence, and he’d grown to respect that cat-person. One of the only ones who defended him when everyone else was set on having him sucked into the void. He wouldn’t forget that.

“…oh,” he managed. He stood up straight and crossed his arms, wondering what else there was to say. Truthfully, there wasn’t much. That was a massive loss, and the scum knew that.

“That’s…conneries absolues.”

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
Mike pictured the helpful Houndoom in his mind, and the name formed itself on his lips.

"Ebony?" He called through cupped hands, "what'd you find for us?"

He pushed himself onto his feet and...

Had absolutely no idea where to go. Was there a foyer? A lounge? He sniffed the air and tried to follow the stale smell of smoke. He would either find the Houndoom or find the fireplace, and where there was a fireplace there would be comfortable chairs to sit and muse in.

As he passed a door, a glint of metal caught his eye. He pivoted, found the light, and was greeted with an old washroom. With a sigh of relief, he stripped off his shirt and began to scrub his face, acutely aware that he couldn't indulge in a shower quite yet.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
[[SALEMMMMM WHYYYY

Quick OOC post because I’m at work BUT: yes we should definitely investigate Espy/Sparkleglimmer but I’m also side-eying Jean pretty hard rn since she was one of the ones who gunned particularly hard after Bart (to be fair, a lot of us did because they were SUS AF lol), but she especially questioned Equi’s logic multiple times. I’ll be analyzing Free’s posts more in-depth later and I advise everyone to do the same.]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
Mike gargled and spat. He rubbed his face nearly raw in the hot water. It was all so bewilderingly real. The painful heat, the abrasion, it was what he felt he needed. The water burned as he scrubbed his arms. The towel was clean and he sucked down the smell.

He yelled into the balled up cotton.

He wanted to punch the mirror. He paced in little circled, balling his fists, flexing his fingers, barely contained.

He hated himself, his gambit, his piss-poor play, his stupid face, his predicament.

He realized the scene he was setting and, almost unbidden, smirked at the stereotype. The lapse cooled him somewhat. He took a breath.

He saw his face in the mirror. Downright gaunt, compared to his usual cherubic features. His peachfuzz was almost an ugly, patchy beard.

Should he have fought harder for Bart? He had been right about the Porygon machine, he had been right to second-guess --- and push against --- Altair. And once again his gut had spoken, and he didn't listen.

He listened again.

In the silence, it let out a squirming growl.

"Oh, shut the fuck up," he muttered, slapping his belly.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I straight up think Free is scum not only because of specific posts but because of their overall behaviour and attitude throughout the scope of the game and something rings very weird to me.
I'm open to arguements and I'll type a full post later but there's little things not adding up. I think we need some serious info here. Will break down another time if I am able.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
[[I straight up think Free is scum not only because of specific posts but because of their overall behaviour and attitude throughout the scope of the game and something rings very weird to me.
I'm open to arguements and I'll type a full post later but there's little things not adding up. I think we need some serious info here. Will break down another time if I am able.]]
[[Agreed. Don’t have time for a full write-up rn but I’ll provide one later.]]

Top Bottom