• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Town victory] Vanilla Mafia!

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Time for a bunch of reads from the one nobody trusts: Equi, ya boi. Yooooooooo! I can see where people are coming from, but basically all I can say is sorry for being inactive and some poor reading comprehension a few times? Fortunately, I'm probably too controversial to be nightkilled, but I'd like my reads to stand for the record just in case. I'm putting a bunch of effort into these, so please read and enjoy.

(not all of the players yet, because this takes time and there are a lot of y'all)

Windskull
"From my understanding, informed wasn't one of the powers our... malevolent benefactor (that sounds cool doesn't it?) mentioned. It's not an outlandish claim but... You, uhhh..."
1. Even if she's not lover, I suspect tetra is innocent and has some sort of role. Something she said early on made me think she was surprised by the info vanilla players got.

Dragonfree just pointed this out, but this does track from the beginning with their Cop claim. From the very beginning, their story has been consistent. However, if Wind is Mafia the second post could be an indication that the scum were from the beginning careful about the informed vanilla things. However, this is also explained by them making this mistake in the beginning too. This is evidenced, they were worried about being targeted by scum despite not claiming yet:

I could have tried to keep the fact that I'm a cop hidden and just tunnel on you to try and live longer, but chances were I'd be dead the next night anyways, and I wouldn't have been able to clear Fusion.

I think it's more likely that Wind made a slight oopsie and so was hyperaware of people doing the same thing. However, if flips scum then we can know that this strategy about informed was on the minds of the scum from the beginning.

[[I guess this is my just deserts for not doing more to stop the cop Lynch in fall 2020 mafia lol]]

Bruh, same. What I'm going through is definitely karmic retribution for last game lol

ALso just. I know this is a newbie game, but do you really honestly think I would pull a gambit where, if I'm mafia, I would reveal all or almost all scumbuddies?

But the main crux of believing skull to be innocent, is what would the Mafia gain. At this point, I just don't see how Inke can be Town. Like, I would believe Wind is scum if Inke does flip that way, but I will always be monumentally confused while we go to lynch Wind. (I don't think there are any swappers in this game.)

So, if we're imagining a play where Wind is scum, I would say that Inke is definitely the SK. The Mafia Rolecop is still in-play, yadda yadda we've gone through this. However, the supporting interest in Wind is still scum relies on a web of interconnectedness based on Fuse and I being scum, which I just don't see idk. When we were scum, Wind and I's scumteam's strat was more to try to put distance between each other. We didn't like seeming too close to our scummates, so this does not seem like a scum!Wind play. Now ofc I can read my role PM and thus don't think my support of them means anything. But yeah, the proposed theory just doesn't seem very likely to me.

Fusion

Basically I think he's innocent because Windskull said so, but now that I'm actually reading his posts--yeah, I can see where people are coming from. But mostly this makes me thinks: omg guys, if you think both Wind and Fusion are guilty, WHY THE HECK WOULD YOU NOT VOTE FUSE FIRST. Tbh I don't see how Fuse briefly voting for himself means anything, but I got two incidental tidbits and one bigger one:

Reme shrugged. "I'm not entirely sure how this game works, but I can at least assure you I'm not lying. I don't have any "powers" to prove myself, so all you have is my word. Unless other people have powers that could confirm my lack of them, in which case, I am fully willing to let anyone do as such."
"Yes, actually. I was told there was an odd number of town. At first I thought that odd, but with so many of us starting to claim vanilla or cops, that might actually be of use."
[[I was thinking that it'd be better to hold onto that bit of knowledge until more people roleclaimed. Then, if we had an "even" number of town claims, we'd know that for a fact that someone is lying and would potentially have something to go off of. I only spilled it when prompted because a fair bit of people already claimed, and I felt that holding it much longer than that wouldn't really matter.]]

The story maybe seems to change a little bit; nothing damning but you could potentially see a Mafia making up an information tidbit during this.

That being said, I can see that Blu has started to get votes on 'em and I'd at least like to try and figure that one out before considering voting them as well... which might take me a minute.

(I found this interesting, because only Chibi's vote was on Porygon at the time and it wasn't be talked about that much.)

My big sticking point is, that Fusion's opinions appear to change drastically during the d1 EoD Sans Circus. First they started off being hesitant to vote anyone:

The one thing I do wanna put out is that I'd push for not voting until we have someone we know we should vote out, at least more than just a feeling that we should, since this is just the first day and all we know for certain is that there is a Serial Killer, assuming I didn't look over more things, in which case, someone toss me. I know that a SK and Mafia being around means we'd be losing two townies when the night comes, but if we mislynch then we're down three, and if there really are a lovers and one of them is Kent or Abra, then that's another person down the drain. I feel like the safest option is just to no vote, and I've been in games were just suggesting that brings sus so if I'm sus now, so be it.]]

but then...he's specifically suspicious of the Lovers for reasons I can't quite follow. (Main convo that confused me is on page 40):

[[...You know, that's a really good point. If any of the lovers outed themselves... that's like, the worst play for them, isn't it? It's not like they could sit around and do nothing, assuming Flyg0n and Abra actually are in a scandalous affair lovers, then it makes sense that Fly said something since Kent being voted off would be bad... but even if everyone didn't vote Kent, then the Mafia or SK could just... Pick 'em off.

Now, I know I ended up ultimately voting a Lover (Clovis), but I didn't actually think that was his claim at the time. However, from what I'm reading, Fusion seems to take the opposite reasoning for me. Idk, it looks to me like he orig pegged Clovis as a Lover, then thought that Clovis was saying otherwise which removed his vote. (Please read page 40 and tell me what's going on?) It does very much seem though that he was hesitant to vote Blu.

Tbh Mike is demonstrating the kind of brain that mine...just can't understand lol. I'm not going to analyze him, but just state my opinion that the plays are too galaxy for Mafia to be comfortable attempting.

Kent/Hana

(these two are a package deal for being Lovers)

For Abra, they having been putting out much of substance, which is in-character as they're a newbie and are into the RPing aspect. I mainly town-read them for being attached to Wes. However, they voted for Anti, which is going to go on my Do Not Like List.

To me, Hana's Lover claim is very strong, considering their behavior pre-confession. Also, literally everyone else seems in agreement that their play is very Town and consistent with their previous behavior. Also, confirmed by Steven obvi.

Chibi

Ah... I see where they're coming from now.

The only issue is that Steven is confirmed innocent, and from how Steven described his ability, he had to have been a Role Cop.

Eh, guess I can't lose any more standing. I'm...beginning to be sus of Chibi *nervous laughter*.

She paced restlessly, gathering her thoughts. "And... umm... I don't trust Mike! At all!! I think he just wants the good rolecop to be stupid and show themselves!" She barked out a small ember and bared her teeth at the human.

"But... I think Hazel is right. Lying about Kent would be really stupid, even if Mike is bad!"

Chibi has behavior suggesting their role from the beginning ^^^

And the reason why they were suddenly suggesting the possibility of a Mafia Doctor was because they investigated me. Already considering me sus, now they knew my role and continued on from there.

Now, I know Chibi started the bandwagon on Porygon, but it did take a while for anyone else to continue with their votes. I would normally say that that still makes it impossible for them to scum, but there are just so many little things that are prick just the slightest bit. They're sus of me, which fine. But Chibi loves their info-roles, so to me it's weird that they're going after our Cop at all:

"I think the Anti-guy is pretty suspicious too! And I thought that was weird too, so I checked--he was actually replying to Hana:

Right now, the way I see it--unless Town has two Role-Cops--Chibi is scum.

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[[Would the real Serial Killer please stand up read this???]]

[[You're lynching him today. You're on your own.

Also, one final thing because this whole shit about "Mafia couldn't have outed Inke as SK because she'd turn up Vanilla to Role-Cops!" is tiring me: Serial Killer was explicitly stated to be a role in my PM, not an alignment, so I'm like 95% sure that it'd show up to a Role-Cop.

So I have one final request: Do not trust Anti-Bravoman so easily. This could easily be a Mafia ploy to gain more town-cred. I ask that you do the same with BARTHOLOMEW as there is a chance that he isn't a Doctor and this whole Overdose discussion is nothing more than a diversion tactic to take Doctors off the Mafia's targets/waste time.

Have fun, y'all.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[You're lynching him today. You're on your own.

Also, one final thing because this whole shit about "Mafia couldn't have outed Inke as SK because she'd turn up Vanilla to Role-Cops!" is tiring me: Serial Killer was explicitly stated to be a role in my PM, not an alignment, so I'm like 95% sure that it'd show up to a Role-Cop.

So I have one final request: Do not trust Anti-Bravoman so easily. This could easily be a Mafia ploy to gain more town-cred. I ask that you do the same with BARTHOLOMEW as there is a chance that he isn't a Doctor and this whole Overdose discussion is nothing more than a diversion tactic to take Doctors off the Mafia's targets/waste time.

Have fun, y'all.]]
[[I’m just quoting this to say I am hardcore seconding everything here. I find it weird that Equi keeps pushing the doctor thing and it’s probably to scare town/make us afraid to vote him or something.

Anyways, that’s probably gonna be all from me today. Might post a readlist later but it hasn’t changed too much.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Wes cleared his throat and addressed the crowd—again. Gods, be hated being the center of attention like this, and yet if he wanted a chance at surviving, he had little other choice.

“The vote seems pretty final, so I’ll just say my thoughts on everyone here.

Most likely town:
Ebony
Hazel
Salem
Kent
Hana
Mike
Jean

Soft town:
Clovis
Pixie

Possibly scum:
Sparkleglimmer
Reme

Probably scum:
Bartholomew
Anti
Astrid

Altair is…well, we’re all pretty sure what he is.” Wes glanced away from the ghost. He’d trusted him yet again, only to be fooled again. Even still, Wes was inclined to believe Altair’s final words. He wasn’t sure whether it was a gut feeling or simply pure foolishness to do so, but he did all the same.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Ebony stared at the weird Rotom, unimpressed. "No. You're just a bad guy. You can't trick me into thinking I'm a bad guy. You can get rid of me tonight if you want to, but then everyone will know I'm a good guy. That's about it."

She then turned to the weird Yamask and shuffled a paw through the snow. "Sorry we had to get rid of you. Thanks for offering to help us, though. I wish we could have had a fight first!"

[[Gotta crash, won't be around for EoD. This entire day has been nothing but flailing from the scum. Insta-yeet Bart after I'm gone and town has this in the bag. Peace.]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Running out of time and it's pretty obvious I won't be able to get everyone in. I want to read through the posts of Dragonfree, Salem, and Phantump before I say anything concrete. (basically rn is that they seem logical). I'll do everyone else real quick.

Espeon: Her tidbit makes me think she's likely to be legit, actually. It's the kind of thing that would seem as likely to backfire as to help for a scum to claim. I'd put her off the scumlist for now.

Goat: Inactive, not much to say.

Wes: They are contributing a lot. I just don't think they can be scum, though I highly disagree a whole buncha their takes lol.

Sinderella/Pixie: On their own, Pixie is inactive and Sind is sus. As Lovers, I feel like they should be v low on our choices of lynching. Though I'm realizing that since Steven was prob a Rolecop, technically he does not know Abra/Hana's innocence per see. Still, if you have to choose the most sus of Lover choose this pair.

Inke: At least an SK, and we're find out for sure in about an hour.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[I still don’t fucking know who to vote for omegalul.

I am still extremely hard sus of Bart, even though they claimed Doctor. All that has done is make me slightly iffy to vote them now, but I feel it in my gut that we somehow need to gun for them.

Altair confirming themselves as SK should be the obvious kill, but there’s a part of me that wants to give them the benefit of the doubt? Don’t see any real reason for them to have outed themselves other than to help the Town, but also….could have taken a massive shot in the dark and lied. Hngh.

I didn’t have a read on Anti until I read through everything last night, and then felt sus of Anti. However, I’ve felt really sick today and have honestly been sleeping a lot. Woke up and completely forgot the reasons why I was feeling sus of them, I just remember that they conveniently claimed cop after sus was being tossed at them. Need to read again but I’m so nauseous right now, I don’t think I physically can.]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Ebony stared at the weird Rotom, unimpressed. "No. You're just a bad guy. You can't trick me into thinking I'm a bad guy. You can get rid of me tonight if you want to, but then everyone will know I'm a good guy. That's about it."

Now this is making me think I should have kept my Chibi suspicions to myself, because if innocent scum could very well kill them so I look even more terrible.

Hmmmm, Windskull, on the chance you survive the night, might I suggest you Cop me?

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
My internet is going in and out so I'm going to report my thoughts as soon as I finish looking through each player. First off, Phantump. Honestly, I don't see anything super notable in any of her posts. She's mostly been talking about things at a mechanical level: ie this does that, according to what was stated expect this. Therefore, my read on her is baseline null. uA vouched for her, which makes me raise my eyebrows. In the last game, uA specifically warned that Phan was a good scum. Sure, she gave on herself then, but in my other game with her I didn't suspect until the end.

Watch Phan carefully, I'd advise.

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
[[Kiiinda had to handle the second Blacklight turn by my lonesome for a few hours. Now that that’s done, I’ve tried to catch up on recent discussions, and while I haven’t exactly been able to dissect deep between the lines, I think I’ve gleaned a basic understanding of the day: Altair claimed SK, SK supposedly has no strategic motive to cooperate with town, town supposedly has no strategic motive to claim SK—therefore Altair is the best target. Makes sense. Vote Altair.

I understand my inactivity makes me a bit of a variable, since I haven’t provided much wordcount-wise to go on. Recommending myself to be copped as well.]]

Homestar!

Mikeposter/Galaxy-Brainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
technically he does not know Abra/Hana's innocence per see. Still, if you have to choose the most sus of Lover choose this pair.
[[If Steven was RC, he would have gotten a "Lovers" result, and probably assumed that there wouldn't be scum/tragic lovers.]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[If Steven was RC, he would have gotten a "Lovers" result, and probably assumed that there wouldn't be scum/tragic lovers.]]

^^^

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[Alright, my final vote is going to Altair, because it makes the most sound sense right now. However, if I don’t get my ass sent to hell tonight, gunning for Bart. They’re still screaming sus to me, Doctor claim and all.]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[Anyway, even if we agree to spare Altair for a day, and it's true that SK!Wind doesn't have a sensible motivation for targeting lovers, we shouldn't sacrifice a possible cop. We should sacrifice someone else that looks pretty scummy, like Bart or Reme. If Bart is town doctor and heal clash is in play as I believe it is, chances are town has another doctor still alive and we actually become safer lmfao. God I hate heal clash.]]

ohmygod YES. Cat logic very good! I like them!!

Dragonfree is the one player left. Not sure if I'll be able to actually go through her, but my impression throughout the whole game is that she is very thoughtful with her reasoning.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Dragonfree also good. I stan

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Salem," she asked, "What was it like, becoming... more human? The people with the logo, they did that to you. What was it like?"

1629589823691.pngSalem blanched a little. "Uh, that's not easy to answer."

download20210802174805.png "Give me a bit to think about it. I haven't ever talked to someone about it who didn't already understand pretty well. This voting stuff is, ah, 'doing my head in', you know?"

1629590128388.png "I have some good ideas about who can and can't be trusted, and who is and isn't right about things! But it doesn't really matter for this round's sacrifice. It should be Altair! Anyone who admits to being a 'serial killer' role is too dangerous. We have no reason to believe they would be happier leaving the game having helped the innocents or the killers!"

[[This setup is giving me hives. Proper posting on Day 3, but my favourite sacrifice choice after Altair is probably Bart, even though Equi is saying some reasonable things. I keep thinking to myself 'hey, as a consolation, if you're wrong and he isn't scum, at least you're reducing the possibility of heal clash deaths' and I hate it.]]

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
[[My final Post in case I don't survive. I really think that somebody in the town that people are considering hard town is probably scum. be careful if I survive we can discuss this tomorrow]]

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Final votes:

Altair: 13 (Windskull, Homestar, Equitial, Abra, Phant, Fusion, Flyg0n, Yellow, unrepentantAuthor, Dragonfree, Persephone, Goat, Sinderella)
Bartholomew: 1 (Chibi)

No vote: Inkedust, Espeon

--

The entire time, Altair stood silent. Waiting for the gathered crowd to make their choice, waiting for his judgement. His forced admittance of guilt came with a bargain. One that the innocent faction would've had take if they were smart, one that would help them win, one that would let him last for just a bit longer. Or so he hoped.

But as the day passed, Altair realised his mistake. He'd put too much faith in their intellect. Too much faith in their survival instinct. Discomfort turned to fear and then to horror the moment the last light of sunset faded. Words failed him, leaving only the terrified thoughts: No... Please! I'm not ready. Not yet. Not yet. Not yet.

The chains solidified, sending shockwaves down his spine.

Altair tried to pull himself away as he was dragged towards the portal, yet the more he struggled, the stronger its power became; its accusations of cowardice and thievery eclipsing any other sound. As it drew closer, the deep shadows that emanated from the twisted realm climbed upon Altair's form, causing it to convulse and shift into something else entirely. In the yamask's stead stood a much greater creature, covered in runic markings, standing a head taller than a man and closely resembled the god of death Altair had been made to entertain.

When he reached the very edge of the portal, the creature-that-had-been-Altair looked at the gathered crowd with contempt but his gaze softened upon eyeing Wes. Voice weak, he whispered, "Do me proud, lad. Do me proud."

In an instant, the creature-that-had-been-Altair vanished through the portal, leaving only darkness behind. As he fell, Altair swore he heard a child giggling.

--

Diyem shrugged and tossed a letter to the ground. "By now, you understand the process," he said as the world faded to darkness. Suddenly, he glanced up, like someone had called out to him. "Yes? What happened? ...I'm in the middle of something. . . . " His words faded with the darkness.

Altair has been eliminated. He was Neutral.

Day 3 will begin in 48 hours.

Day 3

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
A sound made him tense. So they'd come for him after all. He supposed he shouldn't be surprised - leaving him alive was a huge risk, but with the rest of the town ready to scrutinize him, he'd wondered if they'd take the risk. But despite being unsurprised that they had come from him, his heart raced anyways.

It was futile to fight back, but he was a hero. It would be unbecoming of him not to try. Now or never. Just as he’d rehearsed in his head. He just hoped it was intimidating.

“I knew you dark-hearted villains would come for me eventually. It was only a matter of time.” He kept his back turned, biding his time, listening for a shift of movement. When he heard none, he took a deep breath and continued.

“During the day, you sew the seeds of discontent. Turn the innocent on each other, find ways to make us look suspect. Then you pick off the most threatening while they sleep. That’s why you’re here, right?”

Again, no response. His hand trembled as he reached up and pulled on his glove. A click echoed in the darkness.

“Well, I’m not going down without a fight!”

mafia_art.png

He swung around, holding out his arm. Own hand was nowhere to be seen. Instead, what appeared to be some sort of blaster glowed with red energy, the same color as a glaring pair of eyes. A red beam shot out towards his attacker...

...only to pass through harmlessly. Then he remembered. The Bravo Blaster only worked on nameless enemies.

For just a second, he glanced towards the sky, as if glaring at the guardian that thought it would be fun to bring him here. Who thought it would be funny to make him do something useless. "Ok, seriously?! Thanks a lo-"

--

Beach time!

A bright sun struggled to peek through overcast skies. Compared to the cold air of the day before, this was a pleasant change of scenery--perhaps a little too pleasant. Diyem... appeared to be nowhere to be seen at all. Gentle waves crashed over the shoreline. In the distance was a mountain--could it have been their mountain from before?--whose summit went high above the clouds.

There also seemed to be a great leviathan flying toward them just below those gray skies.

"Hello!" the monster called, looking like a purple, skeletal dragon with a swirling core of energy in her open chest. She landed weightlessly despite her gargantuan size; on her forehead, like it had been taped there, was a letter that fell to the ground.

"Diyem isn't here right now, so I'm substituting in. Um, welcome to the ritual! I hope you've been having a fun--er, terrible time! My name is Eien. I'll be running this for now. Um, it seems that your friend was taken to Hell. I'm sorry." She bowed her head. "I'll try to help as much as I can for this ritual to complete!"

Anti (Windskull) was eliminated. He was Innocent.

Night 3 will begin in 48 hours.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik