• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Town victory] Vanilla Mafia!

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
[[Anyway, final post before EOD, but basically I second everything Chibi said and we should follow their outline very closely. Fingers crossed that we don’t all die in 8 minutes 🙃]]

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Final votes:

Sparkle: 1 (Persephone)
Astrid: 6 (Homestar, Fusion, Yellow, Sinderella, Chibi, Phant)

No vote: Espeon, Goat

--

Astrid listened, listened… and finally, she heard them. The footsteps meant only one thing. It was time.

“Nope.” She wouldn’t even look. “I’m going out on my terms. Not yours~”

Astrid used Explosion and died!

--

"Oh. Oh dear." Eien drifted toward the pile of soot that was left behind. "That isn't usually how this goes, oh dear, oh dear..." She sighed, opening a portal. She gently swept the dust inside. "Well. That will do..."

Astrid has been eliminated. She was innocent.

Day 6 will begin in 42 hours.

Day 6

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Ebony didn't sleep that night. What was the point? She already knew what was going to happen, and it didn't bother her anymore.

It had been fun, at first. She'd gotten to feel smart. She'd been a good dog. Lots of people had told her that. She should have felt good about that. The point of playing games was to win. Winning wouldn't make her feel very good, though. Not when it meant making friends and then getting rid of them. She didn't want to play anymore.

Maybe she'd see them again. Team Experiments. Maybe they'd be reunited, and they could play a better game, like Jean said.

It was the best she could hope for.

--

Little wisps floated around them in this new, misty terrain. The ground was a soft, damp texture, somewhere between dirt and mud, but mostly grass. Blackened, wet trees with drooping leaves towered over all of them in this ominous, abandoned, lifeless glade.

The cool air suggested, incorrectly, times of peace and tranquility. But, as it always went, the day had passed with one fewer person there to accompany them. Eien floated above them, passing the letter forward. "Well, um, I suppose you know by now what to do..."

Ebony has been eliminated. She was Innocent.

Night 6 will begin in 48 hours.

Homestar!

Mikeposter/Galaxy-Brainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
[[S'been a long week.

I'd like to hear what Espy sniffed out.

I'd like to hear a good reason to vote for anyone besides them.

I'd like to roll over and die, too, but we can't always get what we want.

What a weird fuckin' game.

Can someone remind me whose hint was "even number of mafia?"]]

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"..." Reme sat on her knees and took a deep breath. It was better to handle this situation with as level a head as possible. First, Astrid was innocent, then, Ebony was taken. If she didn't know any better, Reme would have called this the final day...

The town needed to get this next vote right, otherwise they were just... dead in the water. Or... forest. Whatever. The specifics didn't matter, all that did was that the town were close to losing. Reme felt that no one was really being killed, in fact that was what her voice assured her, but that didn't make her feel any better. Dying in a dream could still feel like agony.

"...There isn't much left we can do," she muttered, clenching her fists. "At this point, would process of elimination suffice? Do we vote Pixie or Sylveon? Hazel? Seeing how the Mafia didn't even try to go for Pixie or Clovis..." Reme paused. "...is it safe to assume that they're not Lovers? No... I know it isn't... but... Who else?"

She shook her head, exhaling, then looked to Wes. He was... probably the one most mentally fit to figure this all out.

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
“You monsters! I go to sleep for a mere half day and you kill a nine-tales! Even though she was obviously good. If she wanted to kill you she’d have done it with her fangs or ice, not just by sending you somewhere else!”

“Idiots,” you huff, curling into yourself and resting on the ground. You don’t want to play this game anymore.

[[ SparklingEspeon. For the life of me I still can’t understand why y’all didn’t kill the obviously mafia person first. ]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
Seeing how the Mafia didn't even try to go for Pixie or Clovis..." Reme paused. "...is it safe to assume that they're not Lovers? No... I know it isn't... but... Who else?"
"You know what woulda been fuckin' great?" Mike stood with Reme, picking his fingernails, trying very hard not to completely lose his cool.

"Some information. Some confirmation. A fucking plan. Wouldn't that have been..." Mike stopped and took a deep, shuddering breath.

"No," the word shuddered out. His shoulders dropped. "No use being mad at the dead." He shrugged. Then he shrugged again: this time manic, sarcastic, bitter.

"I wanted to die day two," he hissed, "I wanted to fuckin' throw in the towel and go. I knew nobody trusted me. Of course she wouldn't fuckin' trust me. Doesn't matter now. I'm dead. We're fucking dead and it's all my Arc-damned fault."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"I wanted to die day two," he hissed, "I wanted to fuckin' throw in the towel and go. I knew nobody trusted me. Of course she wouldn't fuckin' trust me. Doesn't matter now. I'm dead. We're fucking dead and it's all my Arc-damned fault."

"There's no point getting mad at the dead, and there's no point getting mad at yourself," Reme said, firmly. "I won't lie, you made a mistake, and it gave us a bad start. It's a lot to try and believe, but you're the only one forcing the weight of your mistake on you, and no one else cares at this point... No one else holds it against you."

It was... entirely possible that things would have been a lot smoother if Mike hadn't done what he did, but he certainly wasn't the final nail in the coffin. Only the first.

Reme stood up, patting Mike on the shoulder and giving him a friendly squeeze. "This is far from over, and if you really think you're to blame for all this... then you owe it to everyone else to see this through and make up for it. More than have already."

[[That being said, yeah, Voting SparklingEspeon]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
[[Are we still doing Read Lists?

Me: A total dipshit. Premium Mikeposter. Unfortunately town.

Reme: Town, cleared by Anti

The Lovers: Ugh. They have both been pretty afk and not really contributing much. If they weren't gd Lovers I'd say they were the most suspect.

Wes: Very active, has had some contributions here and there, but had some very unfortunate early-game reads. Nobody except Phan even had them on their radar until yesterday, and I think I know why.

Espy: Has claimed a role that we have a standing hint directly conflicting with it. Has claimed a role that Mafia almost always has. Has claimed reads that are unprovable, already claimed, perfect for Mafia targets, or some combination of the three.

Phan: I wasn't kidding with the strong parallels between her and Free after the finger got pointed at them. There was a lot of obfuscation and misinformation that they threw around. Especially some shade at one of the strongest unanimous town reads (Wes). I believe they were planting seeds for D7, so that -- having seen the unavoidable circumstance of eliminating Espy -- they could take down lovers in the night, throw up their final gambit vs. Wes and hopefully bring the game to a D8 coinflip.

tl;dr: VOTE: ESPY because I lack the mental fortitude and group trust to 12 Angry Men y'all. Vote Phan tomorrow.
]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
[[You know what yeah actually I think I will 12 Angry Men y'all.

UNVOTE: ESPY
VOTE: PHAN

Because after last night I feel it in my bones that Phan is Mafia.]]

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"In all honesty, the real question is which do we do first," Reme spoke up. "Who's more likely to be Mafia from their actions and inactions? The Sylveon, or the Chimera?"

"I am aware that we were all adamant about Sylveon being the one, but... if Hazel is just as likely to be mafia..." Reme sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. "For us to be pushed down to having to think in such specifics..."
There was too much noise. And now the Voice was taking over again. Ebony didn't like that at all. She'd been doing just fine on her own!

"My stupid Voice wants to say things again," Ebony grumbled, curling up next to Wes.

I made my case against the idea of scum!Espy because I thought it was highly unlikely. After seeing the humongous pushback against it, I'm now growing much more convinced that I was right. Scum would be delighted to have an excuse to take the heat off their buddy--I handed it to them on a silver platter. Heck, I handed it to them before all this, with the open invitation to vote either Sparkle or Astrid, posing both options as equally viable and pro-town. This chaos screams town!Espy to me.

We've let ourselves get distracted by the lovers. I do not want to vote for the lovers. I want to focus on the other three. Astrid/Hazel/Sparkle. The idea that none of them are scum is so ridiculous I don't want to even think about it. But also--it's the scenario where we're guaranteed a win.

If we get rid of two of Astrid/Hazel/Sparkle and find ZERO scum, then the third remaining must be town, and then it MUST be Clovis/Pixie. There will still be THREE TOWN left by that point. Town Wins.

I repeat: if we have scum lovers and Astrid/Hazel/Sparkle are ALL innocent, then TOWN WINS.

Therefore: WE DO NOT VOTE CLOVIS/PIXIE UNTIL AFTER VOTING TWO OF ASTRID/SPARKLE/HAZEL. PERIOD.

There, now that we've removed the paranoia of "what if Espy's flip implicates the lovers no matter what her alignment is," on to business.

Sparkle/Hazel scumteam makes no sense, from what we've seen. Rating it lowest probability.

Sparkle/Astrid scumteam also seems weird because why would Astrid's defense just default to susing Sparkle?

Astrid/Hazel scumteam... doesn't really have any evidence in favor of it, no, but I can't think of any major things preventing it either.

Astrid appears to be the safest vote, out of these three scenarios.

So now, I want to present some questions to the three:

@SparklingEspeon - Hi, um. You're kind of on the chopping block right now. ^^; For the record, I think there are way too many reasons you can't. If you know that you're innocent (and you're the only one who can) then Astrid or Hazel should both be equally viable votes. Any preference?

@TheGOAT - Hey, sorry for all this at once, I know it's gotta be overwhelming. If you know that you're innocent (and you're the only one who can) then Sparkle or Hazel should both be equally viable votes. Any preference?

@Shiny Phantump - I really, really hope you're not scum (and if you are, sorry about Forever Scum ;riplup;) If you know that you're innocent (and you're the only one who can) then Sparkle or Astrid should both be equally viable votes. I really, really think we have a lot of strong evidence against Sparkle, unless we have the dumbest scumteam on earth. But I feel like it would be weird to bank on that...?

And for good measure: @Sinderella If you know that you and Pixie are town, then we're in a pretty good spot tbh because so long as you two don't ever get voted, mathematically, town can't lose. With only two scum left, we would have to mislynch twice, which is, uh. Impossible. Unless we vote for me/yellow/fuse/homestar for some insane reason.

@HelloYellow17, @Fusion, @Homestar! Congrats! We're town, and we have a pretty good chance at controlling the vote no matter what scum does. We just have to... make sure we don't shoot wrong, lol. If the lovers are good, then I think we've already won. Since that's not a guarantee, we should still be cautious with aiming at The Problem Trio.

Reme brought back up her whiteboard, writing down what she remembered from Ebony's last statements. "I will bring this to light again, so it is fresh in everyone's minds.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
The Lovers: Ugh. They have both been pretty afk and not really contributing much. If they weren't gd Lovers I'd say they were the most suspect.
[[Was literally contributing during the last argument and even some before but go awf queen.]]

UNVOTE: ESPY
VOTE: PHAN
[[WHY THO???? WHY WOULDN’T WE JUT VOTE ESPY THEN GO FOR PHAN???

It’s me, I’m 12 angry men.]]

Clovis could finally breathe. No more space. But now the helpful Houndoom was dead, and it more or less felt like they were fucked. Though, Ebony’s last testament was a true one—mathematically speaking, town probably couldn’t lose if he and Pixie weren’t sac’d. He’d have to hang onto that.

“Rest doubly assured that killing me assured town loss. I’m going to go for who I should have picked with yesterday. Me and my dumb brain…”

[[Voting Espy.]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
[[WHY THO???? WHY WOULDN’T WE JUT VOTE ESPY THEN GO FOR PHAN???

It’s me, I’m 12 angry men.]]
[[Imo, Phan all but said "Look at me! I'm bad!" yesterday when we got the extension. They were incredibly defensive and blew smoke in all directions, and they either misremembered information or lied about it.

Espy's scan of Doctor actually makes a helluva lot of sense for Mafia to have, especially with both an SK and Heal Clash. I don't think Salem was our second doc; it came as a surprise to me that this was the consensus of everyone else, and I've been trying my damndest to be up to date and helpful. I do think Bart was our doc, but I think the Mafia wasn't sure that Bart was the doc either.

Phan's hint, which they dropped last time, is pretty easy to bluff as well. I put together on, like, D4(?) that we're playing a game of doubles, including double lovers somehow. Because that's just how the game has been panning out, it actually makes the 'hint' of "I think there are two X" (in this case, OSBPs) pretty easy to fly under the radar with.

Though I find it baffling that Mafia doesn't have a rolecop, it could also be that Steven got the hint of "there are two lover pairs" and played a very strong game of pretending to be the RC.

tl;dr: Let's hear Phan's defence, and I know I'll be outvoted, but I'll die on this hill.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
Wes breathed in the cool, misty air. Things were so much quieter now, with so few of them left…

He wasn’t surprised when he saw Ebony was no longer with them, but it was a stab to the chest all the same. She was perhaps the closest thing he’d had to a friend in this place, and now she was just…gone. Vanished, as if she had never been there.

Those who remained were already bickering amongst themselves; with a weary sigh, Wes leaned back against a tree and closed his eyes.

He felt so alone.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
Do we vote Pixie or Sylveon? Hazel? Seeing how the Mafia didn't even try to go for Pixie or Clovis..." Reme paused. "...is it safe to assume that they're not Lovers? No... I know it isn't... but... Who else?"
“Listen, there’s seven of us left. If Pixie and Clovis were our enemies, we would all be dead and outnumbered by now. I think it’s safe to say we can trust both of them.”

He rubbed his eyes, trying to keep the exhaustion at bay. “I agree that we should have voted for that damn Sylveon yesterday. Though it’s hard for me to wrap my head around her and Hazel being partners…I think it’s safe to say those two are our last remaining threats.”

[[Yeah, uh, I have no freaking clue lol. Like I’m pretty darn sure that Clovis and Pixie WOULDN’T be mafia?? We at least know there’s only 2 left, otherwise we’d have lost the game by now. But I’m having a super hard time seeing Espy and Phan as a scumteam, since iirc Phan pushed for Espy pretty hard previously.

I really don’t know. I’m tired.

@Fusion you were the one who had the hint about an even number of mafia or something. Can you repeat what the hint was? Also that was your true hint, right?]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
[[Also, if Espy and Phan ARE a scumteam, why would Espy inspect Phan?? Though I guess at this point there’s not really anyone else to inspect. Phan being a doctor is pretty sus though, especially considering Ebony died last night—if you’re town, why not protect Ebony??

At this point I’m more convinced of Phan’s guilt than Espy’s guilt. Though tbh both are most likely scum. I do think Phan is the bigger threat, though. Thoughts, everyone?]]

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
@Fusion you were the one who had the hint about an even number of mafia or something. Can you repeat what the hint was? Also that was your true hint, right?]]

[[Nah, my hint was that "There was an odd number of Town". What that means for the number of mafia, idk.]]

“Listen, there’s seven of us left. If Pixie and Clovis were our enemies, we would all be dead and outnumbered by now. I think it’s safe to say we can trust both of them.”

Reme let out a more relaxed, but still somewhat tense, sigh. "Yes, right... I hadn't thought of that. Thank you."

"That really only means that Hazel and Sylveon are our last choices... but who we go for first is still on the table."

Top Bottom