• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Torrent Beach

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Meanwhile, the distant sound of wingbeats could be heard, as a Tropius soared above, speaking the human tongue. Or...singing would be more apt.

"You're lying so low in the weeds, I bet you gonna ambush me," she sang Barraskewda. She'd gotten it stuck in her head again after last night, and the song had become associated with healing and moving past trauma for her. The Oshawott on her back nodded along to the rhythm.

So why not embrace the song, during this traumatic experience? Maybe it'd help keep her calm.

Though she heard a different tune coming from below...

Coleane looked down, and saw the human with the Weavile from the boat! And another human! Oh, she should go say hi!

She stopped her singing to swoop down, a vine curled around the Oshawott on her back to keep him steady, and landed on the sand, fanning her wings out to balance herself.

She then trotted over towards the humans, raised a wing in greeting, and said, "Hiya!"

The Oshawott on her back shakily waved a paw, and said, "Um, h-hi...w-wait, Odette? Hi!"

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
When she saw it was just the Weavile Hazel and her weird talking partner, she relaxed a little more. What were they doing on the beach playing music?

Bonjour,” she called as she approached. “There doesn’t seem to be much of a party going on here, but I’ll bite. What the hell are you two up to?” she asked fondly.
Violet gave a short in greeting as well. "Good morrow, Odette, Enora... Odile," she said, with the last name wavering her practiced smile a tad, "We were hoping to garner the attention of a certain musically-inclined mythical Pokémon — Meloetta, I believe it was — by presenting our own music in a place of peace."

Hazel nodded her head as she typed. [👋I figured something lyric-less with an accordion and mandolin might appeal to their tastes, but if you think something else would work better, we're all ears! Literally!] She paused, before adding. [And, hey, maybe we could all learn a new dance together while we're at it!]
"You're lying so low in the weeds, I bet you gonna ambush me," she sang Barraskewda. She'd gotten it stuck in her head again after last night, and the song had become associated with healing and moving past trauma for her. The Oshawott on her back nodded along to the rhythm.
However, it seemed that someone else was adding in their own lyrics in the distance as the duo darted their heads around, searching for the source of the voice. Was that Meloetta...?
She stopped her singing to swoop down, a vine curled around the Oshawott on her back to keep him steady, and landed on the sand, fanning her wings out to balance herself.

She then trotted over towards the humans, raised a wing in greeting, and said, "Hiya!"

The Oshawott on her back shakily waved a paw, and said, "Um, h-hi...w-wait, Odette? Hi!"
Frick. Hazel thought to herself as she covered her eyes from the whirling sand. This was supposed to distract Violet, but now—

"Gen!" Violet exclaimed, perking her head and gasping. Realizing her rudeness, she cleared her throat and bowed once more. "Coleane, Gen; bid thee a good day," she said with a calmer tone, before she added, "I-I mean, it is a pleasure to make thine acquaintance, Gen. Coleane had talked about you on the S.S. Trousselin. Mine name is Violet." Will he recognize the name...?

Hoping to salvage the situation, Hazel decided to ask a question of her own, "S-say, Coleane, do you know any good songs that we could play to try to get Meloetta's attention? We were hoping to talk to them about the power of bonds that Wallace mentioned in the group chat."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
The Oshawott's eyes widened, and his tail wagged a tiny bit. "Violet? Y-you became human again?!" He blurted out, before his thoughts caught up with him. "W-wait, um...sorry."

Coleane looked over at the human in shock. "You were a human who became a Pokemon, and now you're human again? That's so cool!" She said with a flap of her wings, before turning her neck to face Hazel. "I know a few good ones, both from the human world and my original world! I was just singing Barraskewda, and I still clearly remember Trek through Withered Savannah, Tower to the Sky, Flying Tree of Life, and Through the Sea of Time!"

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu

Odette turned toward the newcomers. “Oh. Hey Gen,” she greeted. “And…?”

You know them?” Enora asked.

“I’ve met Gen a few times previously. Never their friend, though.” She waved. “Hi. I’m Odette. This is Enora and Odile.”

“A pleasure,” Enora greeted.

Odile merely nodded in their direction.

Violet gave a short in greeting as well. "Good morrow, Odette, Enora... Odile," she said, with the last name wavering her practiced smile a tad, "We were hoping to garner the attention of a certain musically-inclined mythical Pokémon — Meloetta, I believe it was — by presenting our own music in a place of peace."
“̴C̶a̶r̴e̸f̶u̴l̶,̴ ̴y̵o̷u̸r̵ ̸b̵e̵e̷f̴ ̷i̵s̴ ̵s̵h̸o̴w̶i̴n̴g̸,̶”̴ ̷Odile taunted toward Violet. Odette nudged her to shut her up, but was too jarred by the mention of Meloetta to be angry.

Her eyes lit up, and she didn’t bother to hide it. “Meloetta, huh?” she said curiously. Well, if that’s what they were up to…

“I’m…pretty musically inclined myself. So is Enora. Maybe we can help?”

“̸W̴e̵ ̷s̸a̸n̷g̵ ̸B̶a̵r̸r̵a̶s̵k̴e̴w̶d̶a̶ ̷a̵l̸l̵ ̷n̵i̶g̷h̴t̴ ̵l̶a̶s̷t̵ ̵n̸i̸g̶h̶t̵!̵”̸
Odile cheered.

Hazel nodded her head as she typed. [👋I figured something lyric-less with an accordion and mandolin might appeal to their tastes, but if you think something else would work better, we're all ears! Literally!] She paused, before adding. [And, hey, maybe we could all learn a new dance together while we're at it!]
Odette nodded enthusiastically. “I…I actually think I have the perfect song.” She held her hand out to the music player. “If you don’t mind?”

"S-say, Coleane, do you know any good songs that we could play to try to get Meloetta's attention? We were hoping to talk to them about the power of bonds that Wallace mentioned in the group chat."
She frowned at the mentioning of Wallace. She wondered if now would be a good time to mention what she’d just heard from Wes about him. Or that Mitch was back. It would sour the mood considerably. But, she’d look pretty bad if she didn’t say anything and knew the whole time.

“Better us for now, then. I just got word that Wallace got attacked not too long ago. He’s fine; in the infirmary. But we need some more answers on this bond thing.” She’d begun to sort through the device, trying to find the song she wanted.

“And I’ll tell you what, Wallace was right. I know firsthand that bonds do some crazy things here. My bond with my team almost singlehandedly brought Mitch back—thanks to a wish to Jirachi. Also safe in the infirmary. That’s where I was headed just now.”

She stopped on her song. “This has lyrics. My friends and I acapella’d this at our senior retreat after our day got rained out, and everyone was upset about it. Instantaneous good mood.” She smiled at Violet. “And a good dancing song. I don’t expect you to know the words, but you will know the chorus.”

She held her hand out to Violet as the song picked up. “Ohhhhh I wanna dance with somebody,” she sang. Was she trying to show her chops off? A little bit. Might as well. “I wanna feel the heat with somebody.” She began to sway in time with the beat; not intense dancing, but just enough for whoever wanted to join her to follow along. Odile took to shimmying up to her, and the two began to shake their shoulders at each other, almost comedically.

“Yeeaaaah, I wanna dance with somebody,” she sang again, putting her finger over her left ear in order to assure she was in tune. It’d been a hot minute since she bothered with this song. It was there that Enora joined in, happily.

“With somebody who looooves me.”

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
The Oshawott's eyes widened, and his tail wagged a tiny bit. "Violet? Y-you became human again?!" He blurted out, before his thoughts caught up with him. "W-wait, um...sorry."

Coleane looked over at the human in shock. "You were a human who became a Pokemon, and now you're human again? That's so cool!" She said with a flap of her wings, before turning her neck to face Hazel.
Violet clicked her tongue and crossed her arms. So this was the same Gen. "No, I have never been a Pokémon in mine life." Her eyes turned to Hazel, "...Barring a certain Manaphy encounter, but that was Hazel, not mine self." She scratched her chin, hoping to play dumb and get more information. "How peculiar... you speak as though we have met before. Have we, mayhaps, in another place...?"
"I know a few good ones, both from the human world and my original world! I was just singing Barraskewda, and I still clearly remember Trek through Withered Savannah, Tower to the Sky, Flying Tree of Life, and Through the Sea of Time!"
"O-oh! While I don't know most of those, that last one seems kind of... fitting for this place, dont'cha think? Why not give it a try?" Hazel replied, giving the Tropius a smile.
“̴C̶a̶r̴e̸f̶u̴l̶,̴ ̴y̵o̷u̸r̵ ̸b̵e̵e̷f̴ ̷i̵s̴ ̵s̵h̸o̴w̶i̴n̴g̸,̶”̴ ̷Odile taunted toward Violet. Odette nudged her to shut her up, but was too jarred by the mention of Meloetta to be angry.
"I'd bite mine thumb at thee if I were more cow-lous," Violet quipped, throwing a pun on 'callous' at the same time with a smirk.
Odette nodded enthusiastically. “I…I actually think I have the perfect song.” She held her hand out to the music player. “If you don’t mind?”
"A chorus between all of us? I believe that would be quite the spectacle. Why not?" Violet replied holding her hands out. "Lead the way."
“Better us for now, then. I just got word that Wallace got attacked not too long ago. He’s fine; in the infirmary. But we need some more answers on this bond thing.” She’d begun to sort through the device, trying to find the song she wanted.

“And I’ll tell you what, Wallace was right. I know firsthand that bonds do some crazy things here. My bond with my team almost singlehandedly brought Mitch back—thanks to a wish to Jirachi. Also safe in the infirmary. That’s where I was headed just now.”
"He was what?!" Hazel blanched, before tugging on Violet. "We need to check on him and Victoria when we get the chance, please?"

Even she didn't fully understand, Violet nodded in agreement, before turning back to Odette and giving a hum. "Really now... That's..." She placed a hand on her chin adding, "Well, Hazel and I would certainly like to join you on your way back to the infirmary. After we speak with Meloetta, of course." She had an apology she needed to make.

"Still... bonds can really do something like that? That's so... magical," Violet said, lifting her head up and giving a hopeful smile, "I wonder if..." She bit the the underside of her lips. It was unlikely, but could Jirachi even bring back her sibling...?

Hazel merely clutched her head. There were scientific papers on the observed effects of bonds, but even this effect seemed a bit out of her sphere of knowledge.
She stopped on her song. “This has lyrics. My friends and I acapella’d this at our senior retreat after our day got rained out, and everyone was upset about it. Instantaneous good mood.” She smiled at Violet. “And a good dancing song. I don’t expect you to know the words, but you will know the chorus.”

She held her hand out to Violet as the song picked up. “Ohhhhh I wanna dance with somebody,” she sang. Was she trying to show her chops off? A little bit. Might as well. “I wanna feel the heat with somebody.” She began to sway in time with the beat; not intense dancing, but just enough for whoever wanted to join her to follow along. Odile took to shimmying up to her, and the two began to shake their shoulders at each other, almost comedically.

“Yeeaaaah, I wanna dance with somebody,” she sang again, putting her finger over her left ear in order to assure she was in tune. It’d been a hot minute since she bothered with this song. It was there that Enora joined in, happily.

“With somebody who looooves me.”
Violet smirked as her head bopped up and down to the mock beat, before joining in with her own dance. "Dance with somebooooody~" Her pitch was all kinds of off, but she was at least in rhythm. She nudged Hazel with her thigh and gave her a smirk, before continuing her own sway in place. It was a bit more stiff than a regular dance, but it was at least in beat.

Hazel sighed, but joined in with her own sway, though she tripped on herself a few times. "Somebody~" She sang in a more hushed tone, though her pitch was miles better than what Violet had. After about a minute of this, she walked up to Coleane and said, "I... did want to hear what your song was as well. Exploring the genres of other worlds is really..." She gave a big grin, "...Really, really, fun!"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
“Oh. Hey Gen,” she greeted. “And…?”
"U-um...the Tropius is Coleane," Gen said, looking over at her. "She's...m-my trainer."
“̸W̴e̵ ̷s̸a̸n̷g̵ ̸B̶a̵r̸r̵a̶s̵k̴e̴w̶d̶a̶ ̷a̵l̸l̵ ̷n̵i̶g̷h̴t̴ ̵l̶a̶s̷t̵ ̵n̸i̸g̶h̶t̵!̵”̸ Odile cheered.
"Oh! You're the ones who were singing Barraskewda!" Coleane said with a flap of her wings. "It's one of my favorite songs! You all sing really good!"
Violet clicked her tongue and crossed her arms. So this was the same Gen. "No, I have never been a Pokémon in mine life." Her eyes turned to Hazel, "...Barring a certain Manaphy encounter, but that was Hazel, not mine self." She scratched her chin, hoping to play dumb and get more information. "How peculiar... you speak as though we have met before. Have we, mayhaps, in another place...?"
"Oh..." Gen said, looking down, beginning to tremble. "Um...I, uh...I m-met another version of you, I think. You both spoke the same. We were close f-friends. She g-gave me a shred of her c-cape, and I g-gave her a shard of my dagger."
"I... did want to hear what your song was as well. Exploring the genres of other worlds is really..." She gave a big grin, "...Really, really, fun!"
"Ok! Here goes!" Coleane said, before launching into song.

"Through the sea of time~ into the unknown, as we travel to our fate~ Through the sea of time~ on our way, to our journey's end~"

"Through the sea of time~ rising up, floating above the sea~ Through the sea of time~ as a team, ready to save the world~"

"Here, we fly, to the Hidden Land~ we, won't stop, no matter what~"

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
The sound of their voices drifted out across the sea and the beach. A few wild pokemon, including some Spheal, emerged and began bobbing in time with the music. A singular Primarina further down the beach emerged from the surf, adding her voice to the trainers and pokemon assembled. From deeper in the ocean, twin Lanturn surfaced, their lights flickering in time to the beat.

And then another voice joined, low and soft at first. Or perhaps it had only gotten loud enough to hear, as if it had been there all along...

The voice harmonized seamlessly with the others, until the singer's voice was nearly indistinguishable. Despite the grim circumstances, there was an undercurrent of happiness anyway, a cheerful hope. It wormed its way into one's heart, bringing a smile to all who heard it. As the song finally tapered off, the singer revealed themselves, seemingly melting out of thin air a few yards away from the trainers and their pokemon.

A Meloetta, bearing a bright smile. She bowed grandly as she hovered in midair, then clapped. "Lovely!"

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
"Oh..." Gen said, looking down, beginning to tremble. "Um...I, uh...I m-met another version of you, I think. You both spoke the same. We were close f-friends. She g-gave me a shred of her c-cape, and I g-gave her a shard of my dagger."
Between the songs, Violet gave a nod of acknowledgement as she replied to Gen, "I see...." All of that matches up with the memories. "Close friends, huh? Did she have a Hazel, too?" She paused as she realized she caught onto something. The most important detail. Something so critical and yet it was right in front of her in the memories, and she never realized it. "I wore I cape?" She asked, her eyes sparkling in awe.

Once Coleane's own song began, she let herself churn on Gen's words as she enjoyed the otherworldly music.
The sound of their voices drifted out across the sea and the beach. A few wild pokemon, including some Spheal, emerged and began bobbing in time with the music. A singular Primarina further down the beach emerged from the surf, adding her voice to the trainers and pokemon assembled. From deeper in the ocean, twin Lanturn surfaced, their lights flickering in time to the beat.

And then another voice joined, low and soft at first. Or perhaps it had only gotten loud enough to hear, as if it had been there all along...

The voice harmonized seamlessly with the others, until the singer's voice was nearly indistinguishable. Despite the grim circumstances, there was an undercurrent of happiness anyway, a cheerful hope. It wormed its way into one's heart, bringing a smile to all who heard it. As the song finally tapered off, the singer revealed themselves, seemingly melting out of thin air a few yards away from the trainers and their pokemon.
Yet, in spite of all the clues, all of the danger, all of the stress, for just those fleeting, melodious moments within the songs, Violet could feel herself at ease. No posturing or poise, no feigned confidence or extra energy, no need to feel responsible for the life of a friend, no worries about kidnappings or even one's own existence within the multiverse... she could simply be.

Hazel felt much the same; there were no questions of one's own origin, no concerns for a friend's health, no greater investigation that needed to be resolved at risk of life, no problem that needed a scientific solution... it just was.

The pair at clutched hands and joined in song, before ending it off with Hazel be lifted by Violet and sharing a warm embrace and cheek nuzzle. They shared a song together and had each other. That was all that mattered in the moment.
A Meloetta, bearing a bright smile. She bowed grandly as she hovered in midair, then clapped. "Lovely!"
Violet turned Hazel around and held her by her waist as she addressed the new arrival. Because of this, she could only return a lowered nod rather than her own bow, but still kept a respectful tone as she greeted, "Thou art as lovely in thine own voice as thou art in thine presence!" She smiled as she said, "Mine name is Violet, and this is Hazel; it is an honor to meet thee, mythical one."

Hazel gave her own nod. "And with us are Odette, Enora, Odile, Coleane, and Gen, too. I'm glad you enjoyed what we had to play!" She gave an enormous grin as excitement entered her tone, "Your voice is so gorgeous! How do you do it?!"

As much as Violet wanted to revere the Pokémon before her, the true intent of the meeting still laid in the back of her mind. As much painful as it was to potentially end a happy moment, they had to stay focused. "Meloetta, if thou art so kind, we hath a few questions we would like to request thine wisdom on..."

She cleared her throat, "Namely, we hath been hearing that in this realm, 'bonds' have power? Do you know much of this?" Her eyes glanced down for a moment before looking back up at the floating Pokémon, "And, do you mayhaps know of any songs of healing? There are several individuals who are in need of medical assistance... if it is something you can provide." In her emotion faltering, she had failed to notice that her language had slipped away from her old word choice once more.

Although Violet did not want to be rude, there was another prospect weighing on her mind. "And... forgive me for diverting the topic, but I hath a question for you, Gen," she said, turning her head to the Oshawott, "That dagger of yours... are you aware if it has any... side effects...?" She clutched onto Hazel a bit more firmly. "...Or if my other self mayhaps did something rash whilst thou met with her?"

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"U-um...the Tropius is Coleane," Gen said, looking over at her. "She's...m-my trainer."
Coleane. Interesting name. And a Tropius as a trainer? Well, Odette guessed she’d seen weirder.

“Huh. Didn’t know you had a trainer. That’s good, though. I’m glad you have some friends.”

"Oh! You're the ones who were singing Barraskewda!" Coleane said with a flap of her wings. "It's one of my favorite songs! You all sing really good!"
Odette raised a brow. “You heard us?” She thought on it for a moment before cringing. “Ah…you must be our neighbor. Thank you, but I should apologize for—“

“̸T̵H̴A̷T̸ ̵M̶E̷A̶N̴S̸ ̴T̷H̴E̸Y̶ ̷H̸E̵A̴R̵D̶ ̵M̴Y̵ ̶R̶A̵P̷.̷ ̶Y̷O̵U̷ ̶A̷ ̴S̶T̷U̷P̷I̴D̵ ̴H̷O̷E̸,̴ ̸Y̴O̵U̵ ̶A̷,̶ ̷Y̴O̴U̷ ̴A̷ ̵S̸T̷U̷P̸I̴D̵—̷“̴

“Odile, please,” Odette seethed.

Odette was absolutely floored by Meloetta’s arrival. Gods, no other mythical could ever. Except Jirachi—Jirachi was a good one. Manaphy too; they didn’t ask for the shitshow.

Okay, so far, all the mythicals she’d met so far were pretty special. But Meloetta…Odette might have been a tad biased, but who cared.

“Th…thanks for coming,” she greeted. And what an entrance.

As Violet fired off her questions, Odette didn’t bother to interject. Their questions essentially encompassed hers, so she felt it best to just sit back and listen. However, she did have something else to ask when they finished…

“This is a little unrelated, but have you seen Jirachi since this morning? Is she feeling better?” She paused. “And…Manaphy, perhaps?”

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Lovely!"
"Hi Meloetta!" Coleane said, raising a wing in greeting. "It's nice to meet you in this world! I knew a Meloetta back in my original world!"
"I see...." All of that matches up with the memories. "Close friends, huh? Did she have a Hazel, too?" She paused as she realized she caught onto something. The most important detail. Something so critical and yet it was right in front of her in the memories, and she never realized it. "I wore I cape?" She asked, her eyes sparkling in awe.
"Um...n-no. She never m-mentioned a Hazel," Gen said. "And y-yeah. You had a c-cape...or used t-to."
“Huh. Didn’t know you had a trainer. That’s good, though. I’m glad you have some friends.”
"Th-thanks," Gen said.
Odette raised a brow. “You heard us?” She thought on it for a moment before cringing. “Ah…you must be our neighbor. Thank you, but I should apologize for—“

“̸T̵H̴A̷T̸ ̵M̶E̷A̶N̴S̸ ̴T̷H̴E̸Y̶ ̷H̸E̵A̴R̵D̶ ̵M̴Y̵ ̶R̶A̵P̷.̷ ̶Y̷O̵U̷ ̶A̷ ̴S̶T̷U̷P̷I̴D̵ ̴H̷O̷E̸,̴ ̸Y̴O̵U̵ ̶A̷,̶ ̷Y̴O̴U̷ ̴A̷ ̵S̸T̷U̷P̸I̴D̵—̷“̴

“Odile, please,” Odette seethed.
"I didn't hear the rap...I wish I could. Your singing is lovely!" Coleane said with a flap of her wings.

"I did..." Gen whimpered.
"And... forgive me for diverting the topic, but I hath a question for you, Gen," she said, turning her head to the Oshawott, "That dagger of yours... are you aware if it has any... side effects...?" She clutched onto Hazel a bit more firmly. "...Or if my other self mayhaps did something rash whilst thou met with her?"
"Um...I d-don't think it does. And as far as I know...she didn't do anything bad with it," Gen said. He hesitated, then dug into his bag, and pulled out the aforementioned dagger. There were a few tiny chips in it, where shards of the blade were broken off.

"This...is Veri's Dagger," he said, holding it in his paws. "N-normally it l-lets me travel between worlds, but..."

He swung it through the air. For a single second, a tiny portal formed, leading to some sort of white void. It was too small for even a Joltik, though, and it closed up quickly.

"...i-it's not working r-right while I'm here."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Violet turned Hazel around and held her by her waist as she addressed the new arrival. Because of this, she could only return a lowered nod rather than her own bow, but still kept a respectful tone as she greeted, "Thou art as lovely in thine own voice as thou art in thine presence!" She smiled as she said, "Mine name is Violet, and this is Hazel; it is an honor to meet thee, mythical one."

Hazel gave her own nod. "And with us are Odette, Enora, Odile, Coleane, and Gen, too. I'm glad you enjoyed what we had to play!" She gave an enormous grin as excitement entered her tone, "Your voice is so gorgeous! How do you do it?!"

As much as Violet wanted to revere the Pokémon before her, the true intent of the meeting still laid in the back of her mind. As much painful as it was to potentially end a happy moment, they had to stay focused. "Meloetta, if thou art so kind, we hath a few questions we would like to request thine wisdom on..."

She cleared her throat, "Namely, we hath been hearing that in this realm, 'bonds' have power? Do you know much of this?" Her eyes glanced down for a moment before looking back up at the floating Pokémon, "And, do you mayhaps know of any songs of healing? There are several individuals who are in need of medical assistance... if it is something you can provide." In her emotion faltering, she had failed to notice that her language had slipped away from her old word choice once more.

"A pleasure to meet you!" Meloetta said in a sing-song voice. "All of you! You may call me Meloetta," she bowed elegantly again. "I suppose my voice is my gift. I have always been able to sing like this," she said with a chuckle.

Meloetta out a hand to her chin. "Ah yes, bonds do indeed have power here. Although I am not sure how much explanation I can offer. It is something humans call aura, although its more complex than that. However, the simplest expplanation is that the experiences shared between pokemon and trainer have tangible, invisible power. Perhaps not unlike the power required to use techniques in battle. We mythical pokemon can sense it, to varying degrees, and draw on it for strength if necessary, as Jirachi can for example."

A flicker of sadness passed through her eyes. "But... I'm afraid a song of healing is beyond my power."

“This is a little unrelated, but have you seen Jirachi since this morning? Is she feeling better?” She paused. “And…Manaphy, perhaps?”
"Jirachi has recovered her strength wonderfully," Meloetta said. "I believe she was assisting another of the humans here," she mused. Her face fell. "But Manaphy... Manaphy will need time. But she should be safe at least, in her realm."

"Hi Meloetta!" Coleane said, raising a wing in greeting. "It's nice to meet you in this world! I knew a Meloetta back in my original world!"
Meloetta danced through the air over to Coleane. "Oh how lovely! Perhaps sometime you can tell me of your Meloetta, I have not had the opportunity to meet another Meloetta from another world!"

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
"Um...n-no. She never m-mentioned a Hazel," Gen said. "And y-yeah. You had a c-cape...or used t-to."
"The other me had style, that's for sure," Violet responded before frowning and added, "But she must be so lonely... I do hope she may find her own Hazel, soon." She scratched beneath the Weavile's chin as clutched her more tightly for a moment.

Hazel purred in satisfaction, snuggling into Violet's warm hold as she listened to the conversation.
"This...is Veri's Dagger," he said, holding it in his paws. "N-normally it l-lets me travel between worlds, but..."

"...i-it's not working r-right while I'm here."
"It what?!" Hazel blanched, staring at the artifact in Gen's paws. Did he not understand the scientific implications behind it?! How many theories it proved and debunked by its mere presence, the sheer opportunities it could open up in information gathering and sharing, heck, even how much a company would spend to even get a fragment of that dagger? It could be broken apart and still work, it could act on a user's will, it could—
"A pleasure to meet you!" Meloetta said in a sing-song voice. "All of you! You may call me Meloetta," she bowed elegantly again. "I suppose my voice is my gift. I have always been able to sing like this," she said with a chuckle.
That heavenly voice interrupted her thoughts. At least, that's what Hazel would ordinarily think, but that was too harsh of a descriptor; it was more like they were enchanted — her train of thoughts gently guided along a new set of tracks as a soothing, invisible hand placed it right where it felt best. "N-Nice to meet you, Meloetta..." Hazel responded, smiling.

"Quite the lovely voice, indeed," Violet replied, smiling as she put a hand to her hip.
Meloetta out a hand to her chin. "Ah yes, bonds do indeed have power here. Although I am not sure how much explanation I can offer. It is something humans call aura, although its more complex than that. However, the simplest explanation is that the experiences shared between pokemon and trainer have tangible, invisible power. Perhaps not unlike the power required to use techniques in battle. We mythical pokemon can sense it, to varying degrees, and draw on it for strength if necessary, as Jirachi can for example."
Hazel drank in every last word of the siren as she whipped out her phone typed it out, verbatim. She clutched onto the device as though she held a philosopher's stone and grinned at the mythical Pokémon.

"I see, I see! Then is there a specific standard unit of measure that can be utilized?!" She said as excitement entered her voice, "Do the auras meld together like DNA, or is it more like a dance? Do they fully form to the shape of the body like a gas or plasma? Is there a finite quantity that may be drawn and converted but conserved like energy and mass, or is it something else entirely? Oh, oh, could you tell us what ours looks like?! And—"

"That's enough of that," Violet said, ruffling Hazel's head feathers and smiling. It didn't take a translator to see when Hazel was getting excited over some new science project. "One question at a time, alright?"
A flicker of sadness passed through her eyes. "But... I'm afraid a song of healing is beyond my power."

"Jirachi has recovered her strength wonderfully," Meloetta said. "I believe she was assisting another of the humans here," she mused. Her face fell. "But Manaphy... Manaphy will need time. But she should be safe at least, in her realm."
Violet hummed. "I see... I understand. Nonetheless, we appreciate your help, and—" She paused, "Wait, one moment, did you say that Jirachi and Manaphy were not well? What happened?!"

Hazel silently thanked Violet for snapping her out of her musings. There was still another matter... one that her trainer seemingly forgot in the heat of the moment. She sighed; she knew that if she didn't say anything, her trainer was bound to anguish over it later. It was best to pull off the band-aid immediately.

She turned her head to the Oshawott as she said, "Gen... Violet has been getting memory flashes lately," She took a deep breath, "From her other self." She let the words set in for a moment as she added, "It was only when she and I swapped bodies, mind you, but still... I have to ask, does the dagger... disobey certain multiversal laws? I admit I am not familiar with such a science, but if that were the case..."

The Weavile's eyes looked up at her trainer, before looking back at Gen, "...I fear that the closer she gets to her other self, the more the multiverse will try to 'correct' itself." She shook her head as she said, "It's an unfounded hypothesis, of course. More like guesswork, really. But it's the only explanation I have. After all, the presence of two of those silver-haired trainers was no cause for concern — at least, in terms of multiversal laws — but I wonder if that is just because it was through a 'proper' channel such as Orzo..."

Not wanting to make the situation more awkward, Hazel decided to pivot the conversation a bit. Turning back to Meloetta, she asked, "Miss Meloetta? Do you think these 'power of bonds' could help heal a person? Or even protect us from this culprit?" Her senses naturally heightened as her social nervousness kicked in. Even if it was only because of her anxiety, she couldn't help but try to read the mythical...
[Mind Reader]
@Flyg0n

Last edited:

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"I see, I see! Then is there a specific standard unit of measure that can be utilized?!" She said as excitement entered her voice, "Do the auras meld together like DNA, or is it more like a dance? Do they fully form to the shape of the body like a gas or plasma? Is there a finite quantity that may be drawn and converted but conserved like energy and mass, or is it something else entirely? Oh, oh, could you tell us what ours looks like?! And—"

"That's enough of that," Violet said, ruffling Hazel's head feathers and smiling. It didn't take a translator to see when Hazel was getting excited over some new science project. "One question at a time, alright?"
Meloetta chuckled lightly, but almost appeared ready to break into an explanation. "I do believe such energy could be nearly infinite in theory, if the bond is strong enough. And yours is like winter's blue, although its more a sensation than a sight."

Violet hummed. "I see... I understand. Nonetheless, we appreciate your help, and—" She paused, "Wait, one moment, did you say that Jirachi and Manaphy were not well? What happened?!"
Meloetta frowned, their disposition shifting, appearing reserved, grim. "Jirachi is fine, fear not. Manaphy however... Terribly unfortunate circumstances. Manaphy was attacked at the cove, along with a trainer. They were saved by Latios. As I understand, they are alive, but recovering. They have returned to their own realm to rest."

Not wanting to make the situation more awkward, Hazel decided to pivot the conversation a bit. Turning back to Meloetta, she asked, "Miss Meloetta? Do you think these 'power of bonds' could help heal a person? Or even protect us from this culprit?" Her senses naturally heightened as her social nervousness kicked in. Even if it was only because of her anxiety, she couldn't help but try to read the mythical...
[Mind Reader]

"It is possible, I believe, that such bonds could aid you in battle. As for healing, yes they have also been used to heal injuries in times of dire need." Meloetta glanced between all the trainers and pokemon. "Why do you ask?"

Meloetta is telling the truth!

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Meloetta’s answers were adequate. She listened intently to what she had to say, but it wasn’t too much that she wasn’t already thinking. Aside from Meloetta’s inability to sing a song of healing, the rest was pretty on par. Though it was nice to hear Jirachi was doing okay and…helping another human? Did Gladion end up finding her? That suddenly made her feel pretty good; she hoped they were alright.

Manaphy, however…

“Jirachi helped me get Mitch back,” Odette said in a whisper. “She was a little, un…winded after the fact, so I was just concerned.”

She needn’t have bothered, because Meloetta explained it. Though, it was reassuring to hear Manaphy would be better with time. Same with Wallace.

But damn, Violet was bringing all the good questions. The power of these ‘bonds’ brought Mitch back, so could they heal? Be used in battle? Wallace had compared them to Z-moves, so that didn’t sound too far off, honestly. And Meloetta seemed earnest…
"Why do you ask?"
“There’s…certain individuals—individuals you might know—that might be in need of some healing. And we’re kind of at a loss on how to help them right now,” she said cautiously. “Could the bonds be used to heal mythicals like yourself?”

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"It what?!" Hazel blanched, staring at the artifact in Gen's paws. Did he not understand the scientific implications behind it?! How many theories it proved and debunked by its mere presence, the sheer opportunities it could open up in information gathering and sharing, heck, even how much a company would spend to even get a fragment of that dagger? It could be broken apart and still work, it could act on a user's will, it could—
"Y-yeah, um...i-it's really important to me. It's...the o-only reason I w-was able to return h-home in the first place," Gen said, looking down at Veri's Dagger.
"Gen... Violet has been getting memory flashes lately," She took a deep breath, "From her other self." She let the words set in for a moment as she added, "It was only when she and I swapped bodies, mind you, but still... I have to ask, does the dagger... disobey certain multiversal laws? I admit I am not familiar with such a science, but if that were the case..."

The Weavile's eyes looked up at her trainer, before looking back at Gen, "...I fear that the closer she gets to her other self, the more the multiverse will try to 'correct' itself." She shook her head as she said, "It's an unfounded hypothesis, of course. More like guesswork, really. But it's the only explanation I have. After all, the presence of two of those silver-haired trainers was no cause for concern — at least, in terms of multiversal laws — but I wonder if that is just because it was through a 'proper' channel such as Orzo..."
Gen's eyes widened, and he began to tremble. "Wh-what?! Th-that...that happened?!"

He clutched tightly onto the dagger, and said, "I...I d-don't really understand h-how it works...Veri...the o-one who gave me the d-dagger...didn't explain m-much about it."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
“There’s…certain individuals—individuals you might know—that might be in need of some healing. And we’re kind of at a loss on how to help them right now,” she said cautiously. “Could the bonds be used to heal mythicals like yourself?”

"To heal... a mythical?" Meloetta tilted her head, seemingly confused. Then she nodded. "Ah, I understand your troubles. Clink and Orzo. Unfortunately, poisoning can be complicated to heal, but it even so it would likely be... unnecessary? A mythical pokemon would recover on its own from poison, given time. We are quite hard to eliminate."

She shook her head sadly. "It pains me to know they are not well. And that I cannot help the two of them. They're both such lovely 'mon. But I'm afraid its outside my power. My healing music is not effective against such things. Perhaps... Ah, if Manaphy recovers soon, they may be able to help. Or perhaps Shaymin but... she is an odd one..."

"I apologize I cannot provide further aid. Unless you had other questions for me?"

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
"Y-yeah, um...i-it's really important to me. It's...the o-only reason I w-was able to return h-home in the first place," Gen said, looking down at Veri's Dagger.

Gen's eyes widened, and he began to tremble. "Wh-what?! Th-that...that happened?!"

He clutched tightly onto the dagger, and said, "I...I d-don't really understand h-how it works...Veri...the o-one who gave me the d-dagger...didn't explain m-much about it."
"Would you be willing to exchange numbers then? Assuming you have your own phone separate from Coleane, I mean," Hazel replied humming in contemplation, "I don't think Vi's gonna want to let this go so easily. Especially since she's kinda distracted right now," she added, looking up at her trainer.
Meloetta chuckled lightly, but almost appeared ready to break into an explanation. "I do believe such energy could be nearly infinite in theory, if the bond is strong enough. And yours is like winter's blue, although its more a sensation than a sight."
Violet simply stared in awe at the mythical Pokémon, starry-eyed as she drank in her words. A winter's blue... like home. Like Azure. She looked down at Hazel, and stared into her beady eyes. Like a friend. She nuzzled the Weavile's cheek with vigor as she let out an uncharacteristic yet genuine giggle.

Hazel let out a purr as she eased into the nuzzle, before opening one eye and responding to Gen, "Still, I'm glad to know you didn't mean for any of that to happen," she responded, giving a soft smile, "We can perform a more scientific investigation on that artifact at another time. I think for now it's getting a bit late." Once the nuzzles stopped, she nodded her head towards the pair. "It was nice to meet you, Gen. And good to see you again, Coleane."
Meloetta frowned, their disposition shifting, appearing reserved, grim. "Jirachi is fine, fear not. Manaphy however... Terribly unfortunate circumstances. Manaphy was attacked at the cove, along with a trainer. They were saved by Latios. As I understand, they are alive, but recovering. They have returned to their own realm to rest."
“Jirachi helped me get Mitch back,” Odette said in a whisper. “She was a little, un…winded after the fact, so I was just concerned.”
"To heal... a mythical?" Meloetta tilted her head, seemingly confused. Then she nodded. "Ah, I understand your troubles. Clink and Orzo. Unfortunately, poisoning can be complicated to heal, but it even so it would likely be... unnecessary? A mythical pokemon would recover on its own from poison, given time. We are quite hard to eliminate."

She shook her head sadly. "It pains me to know they are not well. And that I cannot help the two of them. They're both such lovely 'mon. But I'm afraid its outside my power. My healing music is not effective against such things. Perhaps... Ah, if Manaphy recovers soon, they may be able to help. Or perhaps Shaymin but... she is an odd one..."

"I apologize I cannot provide further aid. Unless you had other questions for me?"
Violet let out an exhale as she listened to the two discuss. "It is fortunate to know that such harm is temporary, and recoverable. Even so, I thank thee for thine wisdom and for gracing us with thine presence, Meloetta," she said, lowering her head in a posture of respect.

She lifted her head and turned to the others saying, "We bid a good evening to you all; may thine rest be as safe it is revitalizing. Gen: I hope we may... 'catch up', as it were; mayhaps we may even find a new or reconnected companionship, even if I am not the same Violet. Odette, Enora, Coleane: good to see you all once more. Odile: ...Your behavior has been well-suited for the situation. I will respect this."

"It was good seeing you all again!" Hazel chimed in, grinning and nudging Violet a bit at her last remark. "And it was incredible to meet you, Meloetta! I hope we didn't take too much of your time."

Violet winced slightly, but did not address it as she turned to Meloetta once more nodded her head. "I have no further questions; however, if there is any favor or act that we can do to repay and honor you, we would be more than happy to do so."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"It was good seeing you all again!" Hazel chimed in, grinning and nudging Violet a bit at her last remark. "And it was incredible to meet you, Meloetta! I hope we didn't take too much of your time."

Violet winced slightly, but did not address it as she turned to Meloetta once more nodded her head. "I have no further questions; however, if there is any favor or act that we can do to repay and honor you, we would be more than happy to do so."

"It was a pleasure to me all of you as well!" she said melodically. She bowed grandly. "Even though much misfortune has happened, I am glad to know there are good trainers such as yourselves out there."

"You need not repay me, I am pleased to be of service."

One by one, the other trainer bid their farewells, and began to return to their dorms, until only one remained, lingering halfway to the path leading to the dorms. Steeling herself, Odette strode over to Meloetta, Looking more confident than she felt. This might be her only chance, she couldn't waste it.

"I would like to request something," Odette said carefully. "If you're willing."

"Oh?" Meloetta turned to her, surprised. "What is it that you'd like? I'm not sure I have anything of value-"

"I'd like... if you don't mind, to sing a duet with you." There. She'd asked. At least she'd tried, and she could rest tonight knowing that either way, she'd done that much.

Meloetta's eyes widened. "Oh! Why yes... I would love that very much." She smiled pleasantly, and offered an outstretched hand to Odette.

Odette's heart soared and she took Meloetta's hand in her own. She started to hum, uncertain at first, but with more confidence as she found her rhythm. Then she began to sing. At first, all she could focus on was Meloetta, Meloetta, an actual mythical pokemon, singing with her. Self-consciousness pricked at her thoughts, but as Meloetta's voice joined with hers, melding easily, her fears melted away and she lost herself in the music. They moved in time to the song, dancing and twirling, in perfect harmony. How on earth Meloetta knew the lyrics to this song, she couldn't guess, but then it didn't matter anyway. Because right now, in this moment, anything seemed possible.

And for just that precious moment, alone on the beach, and sing their hearts out, hope could be heard.

<><><><>

Last edited:

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
[ @Sinderella ]

“Woo, what a wild ride,” Zack breathed out, now back to his regular Pidgeot self. He wiped his forehead and sighed in relief. “Glad we’re still alive.”

“Aww, back to hearing you guys chirp and quack,” Seb said in disappointment, but he shrugged. “Eh, I prefer hearing your bird sounds over your actual voices.” He looked down and saw Jack holding Aegislash in his wings, surprised. “Huh? Jack, who is this? Why are you holding an Aegislash? Do they even mind? Actually, never mind, I need a break after dying and helping to save the world.”

“Oh, right.” The Pidgeot raised his wings, lifting two of his feathers in a v-sign and lifting his head in triumph. “We saved the world, baby! The chicks are gonna love hearin’ about this!”

Jack shook his head and chuckled in amusement at his friend. “Looks like some things never change.”

“Your friend could certainly use a few lessons in discipline,” Aegislash told his student.

“He’s good for now. Seb’s got him handled.”

Seb stretched his arms behind him and twisted his torso, his bones making soft cracking sounds. “Aah, man, that was scary, honestly. Glad I wasn’t alone through it all.” He looked around and noticed Guzma nearby, gasping in shock. “What the—!? What’s Guzma doing here!? Did Team Skull come here to wreck this place!?”

Zack perked up and saw Guzma as well, glaring at him and getting into a fighting pose. “Oh, we’ll show ‘em!” He was silent in thought for a brief moment before he spoke again. “Unless they just wanna hang out, if what you said about ‘em from the news is anything to go by.”

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
They...they'd done it. They'd really done it! They'd really, actually done it!

They'd won! They're all alive!

Gen smiled brightly, and hugged one of Coleane's forelegs tightly, tail wagging. Coleane smiled back, and hugged him with a pair of vines.

"We...w-we did it!" Gen cheered, before squeaking as he received a pat on the head.

"So...you're Gen?" Delino asked, looking at the Wott. "Gotta say, never saw an Oshawott in person before! Ya look cool!"

"Um, y-yeah..." Gen said, trembling slightly, before seeing someone nearby.

"Uncle W-Wallace!" He says, waddling over to his uncle and hugging his leg. "We r-really did i-it!"

Then he noticed the woman with Wallace. "Oh, um, h-hi...um, wh-who are you?"

Top Bottom