• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Thousand Roads Tarot

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
I'm down! And I've got no preference so hit me with whatever.

BestLizard

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm interested; I'd like to take the moon. I've always had a soft spot for that card in particular. Death as a secondary. I'm willing to do both if there aren't enough involved.

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Would love to sign up. I'm interested in the Strength card, but am very much flexible if it's not available.

silurica

All shall be well
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. arceus-beta
  2. arceus
  3. arceus-shiny
Henlo, I'm happy to take The World, but if that's not available I'm open for something else too.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Signing up, any card.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
All right, it's time for everyone to draw their Tarot cards! What will your fate be?

As I said at the outset, I wasn't sure how many sign-ups to expect. I definitely wasn't expecting more than 22! That means we don't have quite enough Major Arcana cards to go around. Therefore I gave a Minor Arcana card to a couple of people who'd indicated they were okay with anything. Since we didn't go far over 22, I figured we'd restrict the Minor Arcana to the kings/queens of each suit.

Here then is the final list of assignments:

0. The Fool - cynsh
I. The Magician - Phoenixsong
II. The High Priestess - Inkedust
III. The Empress - Sinderella
IV. The Emperor - windskull
V. The Hierophant - canisaries
VI. The Lovers - Torchic W. Pip
VII. The Chariot - HelloYellow17
VIII. Strength - Panoramic_Vacuum
IX. The Hermit - Seren
X. Wheel of Fortune - Umbramatic
XI. Justice - Dragonfree
XII. The Hanged Man - kyeugh
XIII. Death - IFBench
XIV. Temperance - MintyMimix
XV. The Devil - Bluwiikoon
XVI. The Tower - spinaltapdancer3
XVII. The Star - Lord Knee
XVIII. The Moon - BestLizard
XIX. The Sun - Adamhuarts
XX. Judgement - Cresselia92
XXI. The World - silurica

Queen of Swords - aer
King of Pentacles - bluesidra
Queen of Wands - Negrek

If there's a problem with your assignment or you really, really hate it/don't think you'll be able to complete it for whatever reason, let me know and we'll see what we can work out. Otherwise, I hope you have fun with your card! Feel free to ask me any questions you might have, and otherwise, I look forward to seeing all your artwork!

@cynsh @Phoenixsong @Inkedust @Sinderella @windskull @canisaries @Torchic W. Pip @HelloYellow17 @Panoramic_Vacuum @Seren @Umbramatic @Dragonfree @kyeugh @IFBench @MintyMimix @Bluwiikoon @spinaltapdancer3 @BestLizard @Adamhuarts @Cresselia92 @silurica @aer @bluesidra

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Awesome! Nice job matching the Rider-Waite style while putting a Pokémon spin on things! Honedge is, of course, an excellent choice for the sword suit...

Here's the finished card:

aer_queen_swords.png

I'll start collecting these in the first post. Congrats on being the first one done!

Edit: GDI out here changing my mind about whether I want the suit or card name on the top...

canisaries

you should've known the price of evil
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. inkay-shirlee
  2. houndoom-elliot
  3. yamask-joanna
  4. shuppet
  5. deerling-andre
finished the hierophant!

Attachments

• TR_tarot_hierophantFINAL.png
    TR_tarot_hierophantFINAL.png
    131.6 KB · Views: 7

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Ooh, wonderful! Love the Calyrex staff and all the different kinds of foliage.

I have more cards here, but first, a reminder: we are now at one week out from the card submission deadline! Make sure you're prepared. If you think you're not going to be able to make the deadline, let me know and we can work something out.

And now, three more cards! Wheel of Fortune by Umbramatic, Death by IFBench (with big thanks to Chibi for resizing the art), and The Star by Lord Knee!

umbramatic_wheel_fortune.png

bench_death_final.png

lord_knee_star.png

Partners
  1. skiddo-steplively
  2. skiddo-px2
  3. skiddo-px3
  4. skiddo-iametrine
  5. skiddo-coolshades
  6. skiddo-rudolph
  7. skiddo-sleepytime
  8. snowskiddo
  9. skiddotina
  10. skiddengo
  11. skiddoyena
The Magician(s), preparing to lead a little fool a very clever little girl on a journey.

TRTarot2022-TheMagician-540w.png

Last edited:

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Fantastic! Thanks for creating that one; it turned out wonderfully.

We also have the Strength card here, by Panoramic_Vacuum!

strength_pano_resized.jpg

Next, two important announcements! First, I'm actually going to be traveling Monday and Tuesday, so I won't be able to do anything with cards sent to me on Sunday anyhow... therefore, the deadline to send in your cards has been extended to October 11th!

Second, I'm looking for anyone who would be able to sub in and create The Chariot card. If there's anyone out there who didn't get to do a card already and would be interested, you'd get first dibs on this assignment. If you've already done one card and would be up for taking on another, that would also be great! If you're interested in potentially subbing in for The Chariot, please let me know in the next 24 hours.

Top Bottom