• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Third Anniversary Drabble Bingo

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Third Anniversary Drabble Bingo

We've had a bit of time for reviewing; now it's time to kick off our writing event! The people have spoken, and drabble bingo will return for another year. The premise is simple: post in this thread saying that you'd like a bingo card and, optionally, what you'd like that card's theme to be, and then one of our bingo volunteers will generate a card with nine short prompts for you. You can ask for pretty much any theme for your prompts: perhaps you'd like some hurt/comfort prompts, or prompts about Zoroark. Here's an example of what a card of PMD-related prompts might look like:

Lost MemoriesLively TownTrust Your Partner
The Best TreasureCalamityStairs?!
Low IQNo Way OutVoice of Life

Once you've got your card, it's time to get to work filling it out! Write a drabble for any three prompts vertically, diagonally, or horizontally to score a bingo, and you qualify to claim a forum compaion. Just link to where you've posted your prompt fills to claim your prize! If you're feeling ambitious, you could instead complete four prompts for a four-corners win.

You can complete this challenge using the strict definition of "drabble" (exactly 100 words), but that's not required for this event: any fill of at least one hundred words counts as a drabble. Go as long as you like! Prefer visual art to writing? Three sketches based on your prompts will qualify you for a bingo as well!

If you absolutely hate the prompts you get after making your request, you may ask for one reroll. We'll provide you with a new card, but that'll be the one you're stuck with--no further rerolls will be given.

You have until the end of the anniversary (countdown here) to complete your fills and claim your bingo. Note that you get a forum companion if you complete either the reviewing event or drabble bingo--completing both won't net you two!

Currently Negrek and SparklingEspeon are giving out bingo cards. If you'd like to volunteer to generate some, we'd love to have you!

Fills

Hanafuda

Last edited:

bluesidra

Mood
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. hoppip-bluesidra-reup
  2. hoppip-bluesidra-pink
  3. hoppip-bluesidra3
I would love to have a bingo card! Since I've never done this and head empty, I'll take a themeless and see what comes of it

RJR Basimilus

Arceus is nice I suppose...
Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
Oh! I'd like one too! I don't have any preferences, I'll take anything I get! Thanks for putting this on again!

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
I'm gonna try to do this! Hm... theme for this year... Let's try "Pokemon not often used in fanfic." If that happens to be an issue, I'll accept "Normal type" as an alternate.

canisaries

you should've known the price of evil
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. inkay-shirlee
  2. houndoom-elliot
  3. yamask-joanna
  4. shuppet
  5. deerling-andre
gimme one with ghost type things!!! im now the ghost type person!!!

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Oh man, there are so many ideas I want to write about. I like crossovers, Flying-type Pokémon and describing the physical changes that Pokémon go through during evolution, kinda like those transformation sequences you’d see in sites like FurAffinity or DeviantArt. Are there prompts for what I mentioned?

seatherny

Altareon made by Bluwiikoon <3
Partners
  1. marowak-alola
  2. ho-oh
hit me <3 theme: ANGST

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
I'm trading off cards with Espy in sets of three--and I actually got assigned the second set! Espy will hit up the first three respondents in a bit. Here are cards for my group:

@canisaries

Silph ScopeLost TowerScratching in the Dark
Blackest Midnight WanderingsA Sudden ChillPossessed Object
Threadbare DisguiseSoul-Stealing GlimpseUnfinished Business

@Inkedust

Kangaskhan's StatueMeowth in BlackA New Recruit
Buried RuinThe Secret BazaarThe Deepest Floor
A Sticky Trap!Something's Stirring...Growing Hunger

@Hanafuda

You mentioned three things you like, so I tried to give you three of each.

Pokémon x League of LegendsFlying FeathersUniverses Collide
Costume ChangeSupersonic SkystrikeTornadus' Ultimate Form!
Pokémon x Dragon BallSharp BeakMorning Birdsong

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
I'd like to sign up! Could I have "Canon PMD things" as my theme?

SparklingEspeon

Back on Her Bullshit
Staff
a Terrace of Indeterminate Location in Snowbelle
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. fennekin
  3. zoroark
Alright, here's the set for the first three of you, fashionably late. For those of you who wanted themeless cards, I went for prompts vague enough to apply to anything. Hope you all have fun!

@bluesidra

A Journey's First Steps​
Last Day​
I Have to Go Now​
Rest and Relaxation​
Mega Stone​
Fireside Melody​
It's a Trap!​
Trouble Ahead...​
The Ugly Ducklett​

@RJR Basimilus
Pokedex Troubles​
Rival Battle​
Mysterious Hauntings​
Shooting the Breeze​
On the Run​
Pier at Sunset​
When Miltank Fly​
Partner​
Wilderness Trials​

@windskull

You requested a pokemon theme, so I gave you a list of half unusual pokemon, half unusual prompts!

Icy​
Inkay​
A Strange Cuteness​
Stufful​
Little Trouble in the Big City​
Gastradon​
Very Ancient​
Politoed​
From the Darkness​

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
can i get the card i had last year shuffled around, with the prompts that i filled (center column) replaced with new ones? thank you guys for spinning up these cards again!

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Still sad I missed out on the Hoenn zine, so I'll my make own zine of Hoenn drabbles. with blackjack and hookers
A Hoenn themed card would be lovely!

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Okay, I did my thing. I might’ve rushed it, but I’ll appreciate any feedback. Also, do I have to not tell which prompts I used? I tried to show them as best I could without telling.

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
Alright, I'll give this a shot! :quag:

for theme...... hmm, how about something simple: "pokemon pov"? (nothing to do with humans, please)

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Maybe I'll try this? Hopefully I can get creative juices flowing

Can I have 'Whump & peril' or something along those lines for a prompt?

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
My next set of three!

@IFBench

Bidoof's WishThe Dark FutureWorld Tree
Voice of LifeMeeting at Spinda's CafeConnection Orb
Team ACTBittercoldGone Pebble

@kyeugh

'Celestica' they called themselves, the name not theirs to take.Saffron Dojo FallsRayquaza Grants a Wish
Firing the Ultimate WeaponA young man, callow and foolish in innocence, came to own a sword.The New Boss is Giovanni
N Crowned KingThe empty sky cracked asunder.Calyrex Revitalizes the Tundra

@Sinderella

Blood, Sweat, and TearsColdThey Can Never Know
Old ShameBrooding WeatherTreading Water
SleeplessDark Night of the SoulAlone with Yourself

@Hanafuda

Looking good! No need to say what prompts you used--I think I've got it figured out. ;) It's always fun to bring characters from different universes together, and Hoopa's a very natural way to do that! I can tell you like your transformation sequences, too; your description on that part definitely stood out. I do wish this had a little more of an ending, though. I know it's a "prelude," but at the moment it feels like the story just kind of cuts off before the two are about to fight. A little more closure would have really made this one for me. That aside, congrats on being the first person to complete the challenge!

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Oh, it’s kinda incomplete because I wanted it to be a filler of sorts for the final saga of a crossover series I wanna write in the future once I have more experience. If you’re interested, I can talk about it, maybe in a different thread.

Top Bottom