• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Third Anniversary Celebration

canisaries

you should've known the price of evil
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. inkay-shirlee
  2. houndoom-elliot
  3. yamask-joanna
  4. shuppet
  5. deerling-andre
id like the custom sprite attached to this post (joanna) as a companion

Attachments

• joanna_sprite.png
    joanna_sprite.png
    514 bytes · Views: 5
Partners
  1. skiddo-steplively
  2. skiddo-px2
  3. skiddo-px3
  4. skiddo-iametrine
  5. skiddo-coolshades
  6. skiddo-rudolph
  7. skiddo-sleepytime
  8. snowskiddo
  9. skiddotina
  10. skiddengo
  11. skiddoyena
A sleeby son. (Or possibly a wizard son! Or maybe even a sleeby wizard son. The possibilities are endless!)

Attachments

• skiddo-sleepytime-friend-iametrine.png
    skiddo-sleepytime-friend-iametrine.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 2

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
thanks for putting this all on, it was a lot of fun.

something a few people mentioned in the discord was the drabble deadlines. i think it makes sense for the deadline to be set x amount of time after the card is generated, rather than having the same deadline for everyone. maybe the window to request a card could be shortened in order to make sure no one is requesting like one day before the end of anniversary and getting the whole thing out of hand.

also, can i have farfetch'd pls 😁

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Drabble event was lots of fun! I've missed doing drabble writing. Would be happy to host another (potentially flash?) drabble event some time if others want another crack at it.

And for my bingo, could I request a Lairon please!

The Walrein

Vicinal Dragging for the Truth
Partners
  1. gulpin
  2. kricketot
  3. bulbasaur
I think I would've preferred for the writing event to begin concurrently with the reviewing event; maybe have a day of separation if you want to avoid too many announcements on the same day. Unlike a forum RP or something where you're expected to respond to events quickly, you can make incremental progress on both at your own pace, so I don't think it's overwhelming to have them both running at the same time.

Last edited:

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Could I get a Charizard sprite companion, please?
006.png

kintsugi

golden scars | pfp by sun
the warmth of summer in the songs you write
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
one day gamefreak will remember this pokemon exists and i'll be so sad that i got stuck with my knockoff versions, but could i get:

dancer_sprite.png

many thanks for hosting!!

Last edited:

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
I desire to request a Swampert companion frien!

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
I'd like a Treecko friend!

Partners
  1. skiddo-steplively
  2. skiddo-px2
  3. skiddo-px3
  4. skiddo-iametrine
  5. skiddo-coolshades
  6. skiddo-rudolph
  7. skiddo-sleepytime
  8. snowskiddo
  9. skiddotina
  10. skiddengo
  11. skiddoyena
I'm utterly unsure where I'd find a sprite that fits the qualifications for the companion (50x50 iirc), but I'd like a zoroark, please! If required, I can figure out how to piece my own together.
Regular gen-8 zoroark menu sprite fits comfortably within 68x56 (with a bit of whitespace trimming)! Here's one that's already been adjusted, if needed, though Negrek might have one already:

Attachments

• 571MS8.png
    571MS8.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 2

kintsugi

golden scars | pfp by sun
the warmth of summer in the songs you write
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
also, hotswapping my Meloetta-Aria to:
muse_sprite.png

<3 many thanks negrek!

Attachments

• muse_sprite.png
    muse_sprite.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
All requested companions should now have been added! If you requested one and it hasn't shown up, please let me know.

If you qualified for a companion and would like to claim it, please do so by the end of Saturday! If you don't, you won't be able to claim it later.

thanks for putting this all on, it was a lot of fun.

something a few people mentioned in the discord was the drabble deadlines. i think it makes sense for the deadline to be set x amount of time after the card is generated, rather than having the same deadline for everyone. maybe the window to request a card could be shortened in order to make sure no one is requesting like one day before the end of anniversary and getting the whole thing out of hand.

also, can i have farfetch'd pls 😁
Individual deadlines made prize fulfillment a real pain in the ass, so I don't plan to do those again in the future. I will try to make the writing event first on the schedule (if I stagger events again next year) next year so that if we do bingo again anyone who requests their card at all promptly will have a week+ to work on it. The issue this year was just that there was a poll for the writing event that ran into the actual start of the anniversary, so it couldn't go first. Starting the poll earlier next year should clear that up!

Drabble event was lots of fun! I've missed doing drabble writing. Would be happy to host another (potentially flash?) drabble event some time if others want another crack at it.
That sounds like a lot of fun! Feel free to run a little drabble event whenever you'd like; I think they tend to slot in pretty nicely even alongside other stuff that may be happening.

I think I would've preferred for the writing event to begin concurrently with the reviewing event; maybe have a day of separation if you want to avoid too many announcements on the same day. Unlike a forum RP or something where you're expected to respond to events quickly, you can make incremental progress on both at your own pace, so I don't think it's overwhelming to have them both running at the same time.
Good to know! Haven't got much feedback on this either way, so I'll have to think about how to time things next year.

Thanks for the Rowlet.
No problem! You mentioned some anthro sprite options, but these would have required custom sprites, i.e. not ones from the games. I'm happy to upload those, but I'm not a sprite artist and don't make them myself, so you'd need to either make them yourself or find someone else to make them for you. Ultimately you'd need a 68x56 px transparent png. Just letting you know for future reference, in case you earn another of these later!

ShiniGojira

Multiversal Extraordinaire
Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
Would like a Froslass companion please!

Top Bottom