• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

The White Elephant in the Room Playground

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Zeke, buddy. Fuckin' pull yerself together and level with me. What's yer problem with the kid?" asked Jesse, moving protectively in front of Gen without thinking about it.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Zeke’s eyes went wide. He didn’t move a muscle except to glance around for an escape. Jesse was a psychic, though. He could only run so fast. He took as deep a breath as his shaky lungs could muster and whispered out, “Kids scare me, all right?

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Our kid?"

Gen's eyes widened at that, but he didn't comment on that. Not yet.

He was too fearful of what Zeke might say to do so.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Zeke’s eyes went wide. He didn’t move a muscle except to glance around for an escape. Jesse was a psychic, though. He could only run so fast. He took as deep a breath as his shaky lungs could muster and whispered out, “Kids scare me, all right?

Oh thank fuck, nobody noticed.

"The hell are you so scared of kids for?" Lee asked. "You're apparently friends with a space god, yet you look terrified by something half your size."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
“Apologies for the momentary nonexistence!” Palkia exclaimed, barging back into the room balancing far too many steaming coffee cups on its arms. “I take mine with everything, but I also brought some more ‘standard’ additions~”

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Jesse took a cup without looking, and shot a wry smile, brow raised, at Lee.

"Well ain't you just the easiest fella t'read without my telepathy," he drawled.

What if he DID have some telepathy back... everyone was using their powers again...

He reached out casually to brush at Lee's surface thoughts. Just a small experiment. He'd see only the important, obvious stuff that way.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
"The hell are you so scared of kids for?"
“The hell are you not scared of them for!” Zeke shouted. He slammed his binder shut and looked at Lee. “They’re unpredictable! Monsters! Animals! They don’t reason, think, they just act! Go wherever they want whenever because their stupid parents won’t tell them no while they bumble around spreading chaos or the next plague!”
“Apologies for the momentary nonexistence!” Palkia exclaimed, barging back into the room balancing far too many steaming coffee cups on its arms. “I take mine with everything, but I also brought some more ‘standard’ additions~”
Zeke took his own to calm himself down. Coffee. An adult’s drink, not for—he wouldn’t even think the word. He took his first refreshing sip, only to side-eye Palkia. “Did you forget the, uh, “shaved ice” in mine?” How? Pallister never got his order wrong.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen looked down at the ground at Zeke's words. A large frown was on his face.

He began to quietly leave the cabin without a word, clutching tightly onto his reunion cape.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Wolf Brain said:
'For fuck's sake, I can't believe I slipped up that bad. I'm really off my game this week. Next thing I know, he's gonna realize that--'

Lee's ear twitched and he turned to look at Jesse, grinning smugly and crossing his arms. That trickster...

Wolf Brain said:
'... If you're gonna invade my thoughts more than you already have... wait no, forget I said that, er, thought that...'

'Fuck...'

The wolf casually cleared his throat and cut eye contact with Jesse. This world was a curse. A bloody CURSE. If it weren't for those damn emotions..!

“The hell are you not scared of them for!” Zeke shouted. He slammed his binder shut and looked at Lee. “They’re unpredictable! Monsters! Animals! They don’t reason, think, they just act! Go wherever they want whenever because their stupid parents won’t tell them no while they bumble around spreading chaos or the next plague!”

Lee tried to regain some composure, then said. "Honestly... I agree. Mostly. That's how my first kid was until I gave her some sense... Which only kicked in well into her teenage years..." he sighed, his head sinking a bit. "... and even then I swear she doesn't have any anyway..."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
“Did you forget the, uh, “shaved ice” in mine?” How? Pallister never got his order wrong.
“Fraid you’ve got me mixed up with this universe’s Palkia. Can’t blame you, there seems to be a lot of me.”

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
With another twitch of his ears, Lee's head turned to the door. His ki-- Gen, was upset. Probably over what Zeke had said. He gave Zeke a glance, before walking over to Gen's side. He knelt down beside him, resting a paw on Gen's head.

"Hold on, kid. He isn't talking about you, you know that, right? You've been... nowhere near as disruptive as another other kid could have been. Trust me, I know from experience," he chuckled. "Don't go getting all beat up because of some pansy being a pansy, alright?" Lee petted Gen gently, smiling. An act that was strange to do, still. And honestly with all his fangs it might come off as threatening...

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Next thing I know, he's gonna realize that-
Jesse smirked to himself, but he decided not to tease the poor fellow. Even if it had been a while since he'd enjoyed having someone around so obviously into him. Instead he caught himself smiling, genuinely smiling, at the sight of Lee fussing over the kid. The lycanroc really was a decent sort.

"Shut yer yap and get back to work," he drawled at Zeke. Then he went to give Gen a reassuring pat on the shoulder. "Stick with us, son. Ignore that guy, he ain't even old enough to be a dad."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen stopped, as Lee laid a paw on his head. He turned around as Lee began speaking, and his frown slowly began to fade.

He flinched as he was pet. It...it felt good, but it also felt so weird, and made him not feel human. It also made his tail wag, which made him grimace. That felt really weird.

Plus, he didn't know how to feel about Lee calling him "our kid". He had a family back home.

Would he ever see them again, though?

He didn't want to think about that.

He decided to just accept the comforting for now. He'd have to ask about the "our kid" thing later.

"T-thanks," Gen said. He hesitated, then tried to give Lee and Jesse a hug, as much as he could with his tiny nubs of arms.

Ho-oh, he missed having human arms, and hands.

Top Bottom