• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

The White Elephant in the Room Playground

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
You don't know what it is at all? That's what vaporeon saw when he scanned what was supposedly 'your' gift.

The floating stick of chalk quietly crumbled into dust from the force of telekinetic presssure placed upon it by the sleeping Jesse.

He must be having very bad dreams indeed.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Abigail yelled at the top of her lungs, as if her words could reach the dead if only they were loud enough.

"Noci. Ta. Lain! When I asked if you had redirected me, I would have appreciated... A. Fucking. Answer."

Now, their only way to speak to those no longer among them would be to ask Lee to kindly try to incriminate himself. Wether Nocitalin indeed did redirect vaporeon that night was a question they may never know the answer to...

Abigail sure had her suspicions, though.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen hugged Abigail tighter, as he glanced over towards the Lycanroc.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
THERE'S NO FUCKING WAY ALL THE ALIGNMENT-CLEARING SO FAR IS LEGITIMATE.
SOMETHING HAS TO BE WRONG. WE'VE BEEN DUPED SOMEHOW.
WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON.
"I don't think it's Nilam."

"That's what I've been saaaaaying!" Darkwhite pulled back, spinning and spinning. "And the one that is putting people in the clear column too much is Lee! He's only been clearing people for the FIRST murder! It could have been Mia! So we should assume that all the things that he's been seeing so far aren't helpful anymore. We need to get rid of everything that isn't useful anymore, and also think of anybody whose powers were not ever hard-cleared or verified by others and stuff!"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
The floating stick of chalk quietly crumbled into dust from the force of telekinetic pressure placed upon it by the sleeping Jesse.

He must be having very bad dreams indeed.

Lee grabbed a blanket and covered Jesse with it, worry slowly rising in his chest.

Lee hummed, scratching his chin. "Hmm... the only way to continue clearing myself is to do what I have been, asking questions." His brow furrowed as he thought further. Him flat out saying that he didn't know what Pokken was was a poor move, it looked like. "If you saw my gift and it was this "Poken" thing, then someone probably redirected you. I can ask Noci if they did, but what would that really do? I would suggest we name our gifts, but... " he growled. "I'm still unsure how that would help us..."

"He's only been clearing people for the FIRST murder!" " So we should assume that all the things that he's been seeing so far aren't helpful anymore."

"And the second, where I asked Mewtwo if a legendary killed him, and I cleared Nilam of Squirts murder..." Lee sighed, gritting his teeth. "I will admit, I do not know what to ask to get an actually useful answer. Do I ask one of the deceased which of us killed them? Do I ask the dead if they used their power on someone?" Lee dug his claws into the bar. "I only have one chance to ask any of these! Outside of that I'm useless!"

"So you're right..." Lee growled, resting his head on the bar. This power was feeling more like a burden, being limited to only one question per cycle was aggravating.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Gen hesitated, then whispered back, "Y-yeah."
"I don't know what we do now. Even if we make it out of this game..." and if this is real, "I don't know what I would do."

Abigail sighed. "I guess there's nothing I can do to help you, but... at least we're not alone in all this. Maybe after all this is over I could be arranged to be dropped off wherever you live... because I certainly can't go back home in this body." Though considering what was happening in her home world, it would be even less safe for her to go home in her human one. Even if she wasn't Nihilego chow, she was still kind of screwed.

---

While she was saying that, cogs were turning in the back of her head, trying to find a way to unstick the group from the situation that she had gotten them stuck in. An idea struck her, and she pulled away from Gen. "Be back in one second."

Nocitalin had a bingo card. Unless that bingo card had been destroyed alongside them, it should still be lying there. She ran to go check the spot Nocitalin had disappeared, right beside their now-unwrapped gift.

That bingo card had information on it. Information that Nocitalin would know... and that only Nocitalin could possibly know. A speaker for the dead could consult Nocitalin and answer any questions about it. A fake would be dead in the water.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"I haven't yet," Lee answered, glancing up at Darkwhite. He sighed, conjuring a black vine to pour himself a glass of... anything. "You have any suggestions, Darkwhite? Or anyone for that matter?" Lee drank whatever he poured in his glass. It was water, which sort of helped ease his mind. "I can't really think of anything myself..."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Lee hummed, scratching his chin. "Hmm... the only way to continue clearing myself is to do what I have been, asking questions." His brow furrowed as he thought further. Him flat out saying that he didn't know what Pokken was was a poor move, it looked like. "If you saw my gift and it was this "Poken" thing, then someone probably redirected you. I can ask Noci if they did, but what would that really do? I would suggest we name our gifts, but... " he growled. "I'm still unsure how that would help us..."
Palkia's head appeared through a portal--apparently it was still skiing. "I think we're all forgetting--Abigail can only see the gifts we're due to receive from Santa. Not the gifts we received from our secret gift exchange--the ones with all these wondrous powers. Lee was gifted a door from one of us. Pokken could very well be a gift from Santa. To be honest, none of us should know what we're getting from Santa! At least... not until we open our gift and vanish~"

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"You have any suggestions, Darkwhite? Or anyone for that matter?" Lee drank whatever he poured in his glass. It was water, which sort of helped ease his mind. "I can't really think of anything myself..."
Abigail responded from over by the gifts. "Gimme a second, I have an idea! I just need to see if I can find their bingo card!"
Pokken could very well be a gift from Santa. To be honest, none of us should know what we're getting from Santa! At least... not until we open our gift and vanish
"Yes, that's exactly what I see, which is why I can tell how someone is aligned: Based on wether or not they're getting coal. So, that still begs the question of why a Lycanrock who probably can't use a video game controller in the first place is getting a video game he's never heard of before... And yes. I am spoiling what you are getting. If that's what's ruining the christmas spirit for you, and not, y'know, the fucking murders, I would like to ask you to reevaluate your priorities. Us not dying is more important than us not spoiling a gift or two."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Who the hell said I had christmas spirit in the first place?" Lee chuckled. "And I'm pretty sure me getting anything that isn't coal is a plus since it's the thought that counts or whatever the fuck."

"More importantly, what's this idea of yours?" Lee asked, resting the side of his head on the bar. "Or should I wait to ask again once you're... done with whatever you're doing?" He poured another glass of water and tried to lap at it while still sideways. It... kinda worked.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
More of Jesse's chalk sticks levitated and finished the job of updating his blackboards in a fit of agitated scribbling.

NameNotesNameNotesNameNotes
JesseYours truly. I skipped the first two nights, voted Mia for a successful lynch, and voted Nocitlalin for a mislynch. My power is non-info, and a potential liability. I used a one-off item to identify Abigail as a survivor.DarkwhiteFirmly established as innocent via her night-skipping power. Initially skipped, but helped lynch Mia by using a one-off item to identify her as Naughty.MiaOur first lynch, and confirmed scum. Targeted Darkwhite and Nocitlalin.
MewtwoExperimentally voted for Palkia before dying early.NilamVoted first for Palkia and twice now for Mia, who turned out to be scum. Wants aggressive pursuit of successful lynches. Argued firmly for both Nocitlalin (mislynched) and Gen (cleared).NickitApparently doesn't exist.
LeeAlways has thoughts to offer. Has cleared a number of people of murders, but not for alignment. Has usually skipped, but now claims he will vote with me. Can interrogate the dead for a single moment each night.GenTerrified out of his wits at all times, no investigative efforts to speak of. Always votes to skip. Claims to have a powerful ability that would make him a target for the Naughty guests.TabithaHas mostly criticised tactically unsound assumptions about behaviour, initially skipped but later voted for Darkwhite in pursuit of information and for Nilam since. Claims to have a night power.
PalkiaExtensive analysis. Accused Darkwhite before walking it back, and has skipped twice. Briefly voted for Abigail, but helped lynch Mia. Claims to have an unreliable night power. Has been fucking around a lot recently.AbigailInherited the power and memories of Vaporeon Blue. Is a neutral guest, whose objective is to survive along with her partner survivor, who is unknown. Has an info power that identifies alignment.NocitlalinAggressively hunted for bingo cards, suggested that day 2 voters might be killers, ie. Nilam. Claimed to have a target redirection power, but never proved it. Was mislynched at Nilam's urging.
Day 2 vote:
  1. Palkia
  2. Skip
Day 2 voters:
  1. Mewtwo, Nilam
  2. Gen, Lee, Jesse, Darkwhite
    Nocitlalin, Mia, Palkia
Day 2 lynch:
skipped
Night 2 murder:
Mewtwo
Day 3 vote:
  1. Darkwhite
  2. Mia
  3. Skip
Day 3 voters:
  1. Tabitha
  2. Nilam
  3. Lee, Abigail, Gen
    Mia, Palkia, Jesse
Day 3 lynch:
skipped
Night 3 murder:
skipped
Day 4 vote:
  1. Mia
  2. Nilam
  3. Nocitlalin
Day 4 voters:
  1. Nilam, Darkwhite, Abigail, Lee
    Nocitlalin, Palkia, Jesse
  2. Tabitha
  3. Mia
Day 4 lynch:
Mia (scum)
Night 4 murder:
skipped
Day 5 vote:
  1. Nocitlalin
  2. Nilam
  3. Santa
Day 5 voters:
  1. Jesse, Abigail, Nilam
  2. Tabitha, Nocitlalin
  3. Palkia, Darkwhite
Day 5 lynch:
Nocitlalin (innocent)
Night 5 murder:
skipped
Day 6 vote:
  1. N/A
Day 6 voters:
  1. N/A
Day 6 lynch:Night 6 murder:
DeadCleared of 1st & 2nd Murders by LeeAlignment Cleared by JesseAlignment Cleared by AbigailScum Candidates
SquirtJesseAbigailJesseDarkwhite (very doubtful)
MewtwoPalkiaLeeNilam (nearly certain)
MiaDarkwhitePalkiaNickit (if they ever existed)
NickitTabithaTabitha
NocitlalinGenGen
Nilam
  • B: 3, 11, 13, 14
  • I: 23, 28
  • N: 32, 33, 36, 37, 40, 41, 44
  • G: 51, 55, 57
  • O: 66, 67, 68, 75

Jesse's Take (assuming all info is good):
Confirmed InnocentUncertainProbably ScumConfirmed Scum
JesseNickit 💀NilamMia 💀
Palkia
Darkwhite
Lee
Abigail
Tabitha
Gen
Mewtwo 💀
Squirt 💀
Nocitlalin 💀

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Jesse stirred from slumber at last with an expression of grim fury on his vulpine face.

"I have had it up to here with this shit," he snarled. "The entire premise of our bein' here is fucked up and bizarre to the point I can't even fuckin' process it, I can't sleep but for I dream of being hear and hearing fuckin' everything, time flows at different rates fer everyone, every location is superimposed on the rest, I'm always fuckin' exhausted, I don't have my fuckin' powers, we lynched a goddamn innocent, and now we got some snivellin' intern tellin' us that the events we've been faced with are completely outside what his organisation was prepared to deal with. Salt and sand! I've had enough of this bullshit."

He swept his accumulated bottles and glasses off the countertop and onto the floor, where they shattered in a tumult of jagged sound.

"Y'hear me, you great goddamn monuments to incompetence? I've had enough!"

"What’s going on? You all have been dating through the Wii to vote each other off? Presents from Santa? None of this is supposed to happen."
"Wait, Mia? How was she naughty? She was vetted as a prime partygoer, not a suspect. And the black presents were all Committee supplie—oh of course. You’re screwing with me. Can I talk to someone actually taking this seriously?"

"Howdy, Elbert, you ignorant bastard! I'm someone takin' this seriously, I've been takin' fuckin' notes all goddamn week. Mia's present contained fuckin' coal, yer accursed machines have been instructin' us in the most insufferable fuckin' way so far, everythin' about this setup is so fuckin' unreasonable I'm goddamn close to havin' a fuckin' seizure, and I am gonna get you to answer fer it so help me thunder!"

Jesse's eye twitched as he ground his teeth and crushed more chalk to dust in his clawed fists.

"Fuck all of this! Fuck you!"

1609450486159.png

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"I have some petty telekinesis apparently?? But I can't read anyone's fuckin' mind and I can't just shoot the goddamn machines to smithereens with my wands."

Jesse seethed under his breath for a few seconds, then addressed the assembled pokémon.

"I fuckin' hate this! There are too many goddamn uncertainties and too much bullshit. I can't fuckin' stand bein' blindsided by every new development in this bullshit predicament. Fuck it! I'm voting for Nilam like I shoulda done in the first place, and nobody can tell me otherwise!"

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Jesse stirred from slumber at last with an expression of grim fury on his vulpine face.

"I have had it up to here with this shit," he snarled. "The entire premise of our bein' here is fucked up and bizarre to the point I can't even fuckin' process it, I can't sleep but for I dream of being hear and hearing fuckin' everything, time flows at different rates fer everyone, every location is superimposed on the rest, I'm always fuckin' exhausted, I don't have my fuckin' powers, we lynched a goddamn innocent, and now we got some snivellin' intern tellin' us that the events we've been faced with are completely outside what his organisation was prepared to deal with. Salt and sand! I've had enough of this bullshit."

He swept his accumulated bottles and glasses off the countertop and onto the floor, where they shattered in a tumult of jagged sound.

"Y'hear me, you great goddamn monuments to incompetence? I've had enough!"

"Howdy, Elbert, you ignorant bastard! I'm someone takin' this seriously, I've been takin' fuckin' notes all goddamn week. Mia's present contained fuckin' coal, yer accursed machines have been instructin' us in the most insufferable fuckin' way so far, everythin' about this setup is so fuckin' unreasonable I'm goddamn close to havin' a fuckin' seizure, and I am gonna get you to answer fer it so help me thunder!"

Jesse's eye twitched as he ground his teeth and crushed more chalk to dust in his clawed fists.

"Fuck all of this! Fuck you!"

View attachment 652
”Lay off, all right, I’m doing my best here.”

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Darkwhite absently massaged Jesse's back after transforming her arms into those of a Machoke. The rest of her body remained the same size.

"Alright, alright, old man, you can vote how you want. But while you do that, I'm gonna look at the board!" Her neck became that if a Girafarig's, and when that wasn't enough, she attached the body of a Furret to continue the extension while she stared at the board. "So... before we gang up on Nilam here..."

Cleared of 1st & 2nd Murders by Lee
Confirmed Innocent

How come people on this column here are confirmed innocent? Like I know Nilam isn't there, but I forget why everyone else in that column is there. Like. Uh. Tabitha. I dunno if they're CONFIRMED y'know? Abigail said Gen is safe, but what if Abigail is lying? Did we know for sure if Abigail is..." She grew a third arm to tap her chin.

"Between Abigail's sight and my night eating, I I bet we're prime targets. Maybe everyone should just say their power. Then we can see who's lying!"

She glanced at the incredulous looks of the others.

"What? I can't be smart now and then?"

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Palkia clapped its hands together, causing some residual snowflakes to fall from its scales. "Let's take a step back for the sake our sanity, hm? I'll offer my thoughts on everyone, and maybe that will help:

Players Palkia Will Not Vote For:

Jesse - Well if him handing over his vote to me wasn't enough, I just don't think this poor tired fox man could pull one over on me. Hasn't got nearly the energy~
Darkwhite - She stole the night twice, no one else has claimed they did it, and she's done nothing but make things harder for the Naughty side as a result.
Lee - It would take quite the galaxy brain to pull off a ruse the likes of which we've seen from him.
Abigail - Cleared by Jesse, during the day. Unlikely to have been redirected

Players Palkia Will Vote For:

Nilam - Uncleared, but has consistently acted the way I'd expect a Nice player to.
Tabitha - Cleared by Abigail.
Gen - Cleared by Abigail.

Palkia turned to face the rest of the party, eyes flashing. "I've also got a few questions~"

For Jesse: "Have you used your power even once? I'm guessing no, but it doesn't hurt to ask."

For Abigail: "Have you found your partner?"

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Time snapped in flux for a moment. Night and its torrent returned in full force, making up for lost time. “Who’s our lovely winner tonight?” Cheered the Wii. A camera panned over every excited contestant’s face, some praying, some crossing fingers despite biological limitations, and some both until finally...
Votes:
Nilam:
Jesse, Abigail
Nilam’s present burst open in another blinding flash of light. After the blast, Nilam disappeared with only a burning pile of coal to their name. “Lovely! Beautiful! Fantastic! I’m sure they can’t contain themselves with all this love thrown their way! Be sure to give them a night they won’t forget~”

The Wii and the television shut off. The fire didn’t last long against the rain, only the deepest coals still smoldering. It was night, just like it should’ve been, and everyone was forced to return to their rooms. A spine-tingling chill joined them all.

Dawn of the Seventh Day:

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
"Open it."

Darkwhite pouted, her tiny arms crossed as she stared down the black present before her. She figured that was what was going to happen. She was far too much of a threat, and she'd partied way too hard in this little realm.

"So it was you," Darkwhite said, grinning. "The man or woman or otherwise behind my death is you...

"Uhuhu... huhu..." Darkwhite drifted toward it. "Y'know, it's too bad that the party's over for me. I wasn't ready to go. But... knowing how frustrated I made you..." She looked toward her assailant, a glint in her dark eyes. "...That's good enough. Uhuhu... I wonder, will you be next? How long will you last?"

She pulled the ribbon, and her voice was like a fading echo.

"Good luuuuck."

In her present lay a plush lucario.

Light pierced the night and the storm to reveal the bright, clear, sunless sky. As it remained empty, the mountain's surface snow remained gold, but the place didn't feel quite the same as it had up to this point. The simple travel of instantly walking to a location disappeared, forcing partygoers to use doors and hallways once more. They couldn't see the entire mountain at once anymore, either, with only communication of all forms from the partygoers perceptible at all times anymore.

"Hello? Hello? Am I getting through?" asked Elbert through the television. "Oh, good. I got to work a couple minutes early and didn't know when the Night Protocol would end since apparently you all have meddled with it. Beside that, well..." his voice trailed off. It sounded like he wanted to talk about anything else. "There's some good news and some bad news. The good news is we've identified the Soul Signatures of all the missing guests and Darkwhite. We can't find their location as of yet, but we do know for certain that they're alive."

He paused. He really didn't want to continue. "Unfortunately, we can't do the same for any of you. Or, at least not all of you." If anyone happened to glance outside the window, they'd notice the ski-lift had stopped for the first time since they arrived. It looked like it hadn't been on for some time. Traveling to the top of the mountain without it would be near impossible. "We don't know why. I'm sorry, I wish I had more answers, but we just don't know. It might be the pocket-dimension distortion, but we've only identified three Soul Signatures. Unfortunately, we can't match them to any of yours. Too much interference is the theory.

"But, hey, at least nobody died! Well, the people we thought had didn't, at least. And at least three of you aren't dead, so that's good, right?"

The ski-lift remained motionless, but the bright neon sign over Rillaboom Rentals flashed to light. "We'll open in a jiffy!" boomed a loudspeaker. "Just waiting for the ski-lift to get going, and we'll get y'all all the help y'need."

Top Bottom