• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

The White Elephant in the Room Playground

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
The key clacking stopped, and Nilam turned their screen to face everyone, displaying an offline Google Document. Weirdly wnough, everyone could easily read the entire things, no matter how far away they were standing.

The Nice Guests:
Palkia
-Cleared, by both Abigail and Lee
-Claims an extremely situational ability, which they have not yet used.
-Had a one-time protection ability from a hen; used it on Abigail
-Voted skip, skip, Mia, Santa/self(?).

Jesse
-Brought Nilam’s charm.
-Has fur.
-Cleared by Abigail
-Used a hen(?) to identify Abigail as a survivor
-Has a non-information, potential liability power.

Darkwhite
-”Ate the night.”
-Brought Noci’s candle.
-Used a hen to reveal Mia’s alignment.
-Lee’s ability proves she did not cause the disappearances.

Lee
-Cleared by Abigail
-Has fur
-Can talk to the dead using a magic door.
-Voted skip, skip, Mia, nothing yet.

Squirt
-Gone, probably nice.
-Likely targeted due to his supposed skill as a child soldier, though the morality of that is questionable at best.

Abigail
-Can check people’s alignments.
-Cleared by Jesse's hen.
-Before replacing Blue, the vaporeon did not vote. Abigail voted skip, then Mia, and is currently flipping between Noci and Nilam.

Tabitha
-Has fur.
-Cleared by Abigail
-Has an ability only used at night, and would become useless if revealed.
-Voted skip, Darkwhite, Nilam, Nilam.

Mewtwo
-Disappeared the first night after it was made clear one of us was Santa’s supposed murder.
-Never claimed anything.
-Likely nice.
-Voted Palkia.

Nilam
-Brought a Yule Log, which is according to Wikipedia, not actually a piece of wood, but a cake. I’m… not entirely sure how I thought to bring a cake, since I tend to forget other people need to eat.
-Received the Tsyukumori no Omamori, which gives me the power to do… something. Multiple somethings? At night. Not sure what these somethings might happen to be.
-Has aggressively pursued the removal of the Naughty guests, including Mia before anyone else even suspected her.
-Suggested voting early, which has been extremely beneficial in the building of cases.
-Can be understood clearly and easily when I attempt to communicate.

The Very Unclear Guests:
Gen
-Has fur.
-Has yet to claim anything specific.
-Very anxious.
-I can't remember any particularly solid thoughts or opinions from him, but maybe I'm just forgetting?
-Voted skip, skip, Mia, nothing.

Nicket
-Disappeared without a trace
-Never said a word
-Due to not seeming have been disappeared by the Naughty guests, it’s unclear whether or not Nicket was guilty.

The Naughty Guests:
Mia
-Guilty
-Gone
-Claimed nothing
-Voted skip the first two days, and Noci the third; this continued after she was revealed as guilty by Darkwhite. Could be an attempt to distance herself.

Unit001_101110110
-Claims the ability redirect one guest’s abilities onto another player- a power that could be of use to either side
-Received the Red Candle of Something. Brought Mistletoe.
-Spent much time hunting for bingo cards, rather than Naughty guests prior to yesterday.
-Completely uncleared by any means.
-Believes those looking to eliminate guests during the day early to be Naughty, which seems very anti-progress.
-Has destroyed the most property out of anyone here

"Ah, hm... perhaps I may have been too hasty," Palkia mused "Omamori are for protection, but the names of the abilities... all having to do with the phases of the moon. Manipulation of day and night. The Solar Eclipse... I can't help wondering if that's what cut yesterday short."
"Well, all of them having to do with phase of the moon probably relates to the fact that the note references a moon god? I don't know why it would say that, since Shinto, which uses these, according to my research is focused on... kami? Which aren't really gods?" Nilam said. "The Solar Eclipse cutting yesterday short is an interesting theory, I hadn't thought of that. But it does make sense, given that the moon covers the sun in a solar eclipse! ...Sorry, if that's would happened.'

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"You know what? I think that's it!" Darkwhite finally said. "This game is asking us who took out Squirt, right? Well... all those gifts say it's from Santa." She pointed at the vacant controller. "Therefore, the person who actually kidnapped Squirt... is Santa! Whatever that alias means... that's the true culprit. I'm sure of it."

Dawn of the Sixth Day: Consume

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
ProphetSteve JobsIshmaelOdysseusRomulus
SuspectNilamNocitalinPalkiaSanta
VotersNocitlalin, TabithaAbigail, Jesse, NilamPalkia, Darkwhite
[catch bool(trusted!);
UnitDesignate_Abigail, UnitDesignate_Jesse, UnitDesignate_Nilam accuse Unit001_101110110;
Request: Sound argument;
Error;
Error;
Error;
None found;
Error;
Options:
[]Initiate ramming,
[]Discuss alternative measures;
Error: Party irrational=discussion ineffective;
[X]Ram;]

Nocitlalin shot towards its present at unforeseen speeds. It launched towards it until mere inches separated it from the gift before it disappeared to the back of the room and continued course. Each approach got faster and faster, closer and closer, massive blast after massive blast shook the building as it broke mach one, two, five, twelve—97, 98, XP! Vista!—until finally light covered the mountain in a final explosion as finally Nocitlalin rammed into the gift.

The flash blinded the party, made only worse by the darkening night. Just before the storm came, barely enough light illuminated the annihilated present.

An HM marked Windows Seven.

The sun made its absent return before the storm could take the mount. Instead of hail and rain, flecks of gold fell from the sky, coating the snow until it shined bright with gold foil.

The television flickered, struggling to turn on until finally it displayed it had no input. "What the hell just happened? Where's the suspect?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"...Told you," Darkwhite said, frowning. Her claws dug into her arms. "That was a trap. And we fell for it."

She looked at the sky. "...Oh yeah I ate the night again, just so you know. Forgot to mention I can do that multiple times. On purpose, in case people tried to get rid of me early. Yeah. It's multi-use." But Darkwhite didn't feel happy about it anymore.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
"...Told you," Darkwhite said, frowning. Her claws dug into her arms. "That was a trap. And we fell for it."

She looked at the sky. "...Oh yeah I ate the night again, just so you know. Forgot to mention I can do that multiple times. On purpose, in case people tried to get rid of me early. Yeah. It's multi-use." But Darkwhite didn't feel happy about it anymore.

"Great, thanks, and I was just about to clock out. Wait, did you just say you ate the night?"

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
"Believe me, I’m well aware of what you do offscreen. I had to read your file... too many times. Nothing mentioned this sun business, though. Did you actually do this? What’s going on? This hasn’t happened in any other simulation."

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
"Easy money. I appreciate the bet you just let me win, but this is serious. We have multiple guests and an agent missing, our nighttime defense protocol just vanished, and now I’m stuck on the clock until this gets sorted. What’s going on? You all have been dating through the Wii to vote each other off? Presents from Santa? None of this is supposed to happen."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"What, you think we know? That turtle disappeared after like the first day! After that we got these instructions or whatever that we had to figure out who did it or something. I dunno. We already found one Naughty person responsible, that was that Scyther girl. But we're also down a Mewtwo and a ramming machine. If you open a black present before Christmas day, you disappear, is what we saw happen. So, I dunno. Trying to get the baddies to do that before we have to, but it seems like they can force you into it at night. So I've been skipping nights when I can."

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
"Wait, Mia? How was she naughty? She was vetted as a prime partygoer, not a suspect. And the black presents were all Committee supplie—oh of course. You’re screwing with me. Can I talk to someone actually taking this seriously? Or at least keep playing Monopoly?"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen had rolled for his Growlithe piece to land on Hoothoot, but before he could move the piece, Nocitlalin had been chosen.

A look of complete distraught was on Gen's face, as he saw a gift, not coal, in the present.

I...I thought...

...this is my fault for nominating them.

Top Bottom