• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

The White Elephant in the Room Playground

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Palkia gazed at her curiously. "Romantically, platonically, or both? Specificity is important~"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"You can break up with someone platonically?"

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Palkia chuckled. "In a manner of speaking. Falling out with a dear friend, never speaking to them again--it would cut just as deep, wouldn't you say?" It shrugged. "Buuuut if you didn't intend to include that, then I pass~" The wiimote was left unshaken.

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
Nilam stared at the room. Once again, people wanted to skip. They wouldn't stop anyone like this, not even remotely. But... with Darkwhite's bold decision to attempt what she had in Never Have I Ever, Nilam felt no reason to suspect her anymore. Palkia also seemed more convincing towards being Nice. They also felt comfortable assuming Jesse and Lee weren't sided with the murders or kidnappers.

That left... everyone Nilam had no idea on. It was really hard to tell what everyons else was thinking. Gen's freak-outs, thinking back, seemed pretty genuine, so right now, voting him didn't seem like the right decision. So, Abigail, Mia, the nicket, or Noci.

Abigail had just gotten here, Nilam felt it best to give her a chance.

Mia was doing a lot of following the crowd. Always one of the last ones on any wagon. A bit concerning, perhaps as trying to blend in.

Was the nicket even still here? It was starting to seem a bit doubtful. Nilam had no clue what to think of her.

Noci was a bit hard to understand. Her programming was entirely different from Nilam's own. But if one payed attention, they could understand that some effort to find the killer/kidnapper had been conveyed.

"I think... Mia," Nilam said. "It's not a strong suspicion, but it's something."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Darkwhite smiled a little, but then glanced away. "...I think... it's almost time." She looked to Palkia. "I think it's... I think I'm safe today. Th-thank you... but... before night falls, should I say what I'm gonna do? As proof... So when it happens, it won't be like I'm taking cred--uh." She glanced toward Nilam. So much for having a quiet moment...

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Almost time indeed. "Say what you will, if you like." Palkia grinned. "I can say that I hope to see you tomorrow."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
She suddenly realized how urgently close they were.

"UHhh, okay, okay, I'm gonna say this really quickly, if my power goes through and it PROBABLY will, I mean, the words on the wind told me that there might be a way to interfere but it all depends on the timing! Timing! Of the cosmos, of a plane beyond ours! It's hard to explain and I kinda don't really understand! But anyway--if--if my power WORKS, and the timing works out... we--all of us, everyone here--should be seeing each other really, really soon. Okay. Okay see you guys soon! I hope...!"

Dawn of the Fourth Day: What the Cluck?

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Darkwhite: Tabitha
Mia: Nilam
Skip: Lee, Abigail, Gen, Mia

With no one more date-able than another, no one opened their present. It did make some sense that those chosen to attend a Holiday Vacation with a child would have absolutely no game, but that didn’t make it any less sad. Would they stay lonely forever? Even when they went home? Ah, but that’s a question for another time.

Just as the nights before, the invisible sun faded away as dark storms took over the sky. They raged, blew, and raged some more before clearing out to make way for the no-sun in the sky. The morning came. Not even time for bingo night. That wouldn’t stop the PlayStation, however. “N forty-one!” it blared. “That is N Forty-one! November four one! I twenty-eight! That is I twenty-eight. India two eight! B three! That is B three! Bravo three! B eleven! That is B eleven! Bravo one one! Finally, N fifty-one! That is N fifty one! November Five one!”

Like an angel, its voice greeted the everyone still in the living room because nobody had the time to get back to their bedrooms. The night felt a Skoch shorter than normal, but who knew for sure? This place didn't seem to abide by any particular laws—physics or otherwise. Three Kalosian hens huddled around the pear tree, crowing at the morning sky. Why did birds have to infest this area? Disgusting creatures.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Palkia cackled hysterically. "You did it! You actually did it! You bought us more time--AMAZING."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
She babbled on. "I thought for some reason we'd only have twelve days until Christmas. But then it seemed like maybe that wasn't the case, like an instinct... So I looked for a calendar. I wondered if I could really use my power to stall until Christmas. But the time here..." She shook her head. "It isn't working. I don't know when Christmas is, so I don't think I can stall us out until then.

"But the only problem is, I think I messed up Lee," Darkwhite said. "I hope you can talk to the dead even if it's been more than a day. Because, well... you know..."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"By the way..." Apparently when she was tired she talked more. "I was thinking back... to the whole thing with Mewtwo... Gods, he was hot... and did you ever actually find out if he was Naughty or Nice? I don't remember if we could tell for sure... It kinda occurred to me, like, just now to think back. And I don't remember if it was ever confirmed..."

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Jesse rubbed his eyes blearily. His head hurt, and not in a mundane 'bad hangover' kind of way.

"Fuck, y'all... I feel like I was up until four in the fuckin' mornin', but even though the night was skipped, I feel like I've slept. Ugh, this fuckin' place defies reason."

He approached the two legendaries. "Well, in any case, I'm happy to say I trust the both of ya, 'least fer now. I'm pleased to see ya both survived 'n' all. 'Course, it looks like we won't benefit from Lee's insights today, but maybe we can move on from this idea that Darkwhite was merely spinnin' a heap of elaborate bullshit and try interrogatin' other folks."

He shrugged and wandered over to the Wii.

"This fuckin' thing is probably gonna spit some more fuckin' challenges at us today, and I'm up fer them if it helps us make some goddamn progress. Who'll give it a go?"

He waved at his chalkboard. "Oh, and I'm fiddlin' with that fuckin' thing some more, too. Keep an eye on my notes. Or don't, I guess. Yer call."

DeadCleared by LeeNot Suspected by JesseSuspected by Jesse
SquirtLeeJesseMia
MewtwoPalkiaNilamNickit
DarkwhiteGen
Abigail
Tabitha
Beldum

Chance of random vote success againt those not cleared by Lee, assuming three scum: 37.5%

"I just wanna note, on the matter of this 'did Squirt know his killer' business, that the kid coulda just not fuckin' answered if he didn't know, and I got one of them hunches that he did know. Supposin' that Palkia and Darkwhite aren't cleared of his murder because Lee's story might true but his info is actively misleadin' feels fuckin' ridiculous to me, no matter how much you couch it in condescendin' precociousness. But hey, what do I know? This is only my first time trapped in an interdimensional midwinter holiday murder mystery party, I don't know how these fuckin' things work."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Darkwhite was still recovering from the high of being correct and relieved. However, she did raise one arm from her hazy puddle to say, "Who tried to get rid of me? ...Palkia... was doing it as a test. I know it. To see who'd jump on the bandwagon... maybe Palkia was using me as tantalizing, beautiful-bodied bait... Who fell for it, huh? And then withdrew when the tide lost me? That's who'm suspicious of. The ones who did it abnormally."

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Mia," drawled Jesse. "Tabitha at least stuck with his vote fer ya in the interest of gatherin' information. Mia behaved within' yer delineation."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"But the only problem is, I think I messed up Lee," Darkwhite said. "I hope you can talk to the dead even if it's been more than a day. Because, well... you know..."
"Here's hoping! Seems to have been the case in other games, though. And we'd run out of time to come up with a good question for him to ask anyway."
"I just wanna note, on the matter of this 'did Squirt know his killer' business, that the kid coulda just not fuckin' answered if he didn't know
Palkia cackled. "I can't believe it took someone this long to think of that!" By which it obviously meant that it hadn't thought of that either.

Palkia clapped its hands together. "Now then! I trust everyone had a good not-sleep? Excellent! While the sudden turn of events will have disrupted our own nightly operations, I can't say I was so certain I planned to utilize my gift last night anyway. Personally, I see more time at the party as an absolute win! Now then..." Its cheerful grin darkened. "Now to find our culprits..."

Darkwhite, Jesse
"Barring some rather exciting plot twists, I can't see myself voting for either of them." Palkia flashed a thumbs up. "Certified nice party guests, far as this dragon can tell!"

Lee, Gen
"Feeling pretty good about these two. Not a sure thing, but I'd like to keep 'em around~"

Mia
"The kid's sharp." Palkia paused there to make sure the pun was as painful as possible. "What can I say, she makes good points. Seems annoyed when we overlook things. Wouldn't yet say I trust the kid not to put those blades in my back, but she's also not the sort to just slide under the radar. That can be useful."

Nickit
"The poor little fox must be hiding scared. Wouldn't feel safe opening up their gift until we've at least heard from them. I may be a gambler at heart, but I hardly think we'd get much info out of accusing the absent."

Abigail, Tabitha, Noci, Nilam
"Finally, we arrive at the guests I haven't gotten a read on quite yet. Nilam at least appears to have some opinions on the other guests that I'd like to take a closer look at. Tabitha, Noci, and Abigail... well, I've got nothing so far, I'm afraid. If we have three on the naughty list, and no choice but to chase an unknown, I'll be going for one of those three, personally. But of course, I'd like to hear some thoughts from them first~"

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
Slinking out from beneath the couch, Tabitha smiled. Things were interesting now. The games and romance were forgotten. Now it was time to decide who could die.

"Yes, I voted for Darkwhite," he said silkily. "My motivation was to learn how everyone would react and what information we would glean if Darkwhite was obliterated. The Scyther-girl claimed to have a power that would be useless if others knew about it. She seemed confident in calling the Mew a liar. I wondered if it was possible for her to know when someone is a murderer or not.

"And she backed away from Darkwhite when the others did, too. Perhaps she's trying to save her own skin." He shrugged. "Or perhaps she wanted things to happen and for something to be done. I will not begrudge her the validity of either.

"And then Darkwhite stopped the storm," Tabitha growled with a glint in his eyes. "That was incredible power. And only done after most believed her to be innocent. Were her motives to prove a point, so we won't accuse her again? That's fair enough to me, at least."

He looked over at the Rotom and Beldum as he slunk forward, his head low, red eyes trained on the two Pokemon. "We haven't heard anything particularly substantial from these two--I don't think much of what the others have said is substantial. The Beldum, at least, seems only intent on destruction--understandable, given its nature and design. But the Rotom..." He looked around the room. "The Ralts, the Oshawott, and the Nickit have all been quiet in terms of discovering who our killer is."

He stood up straight, staring evenly at the Pokemon in the room. "Unfortunately for you all, I don't have much to my name, either. I have nothing significant to tell you all, and making my power known could render it useless." His eyes narrowed and he smiled and he cocked his head back. "Of course, it would be interesting to see someone try."

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Tabitha, Noci, and Abigail... well, I've got nothing so far, I'm afraid. If we have three on the naughty list, and no choice but to chase an unknown, I'll be going for one of those three, personally. But of course, I'd like to hear some thoughts from them first~
Abigail shrugged. "There's not much for me to say. I just got here yesterday, and there was no unwrapping to suspect anyone of tonight. The vaporeon's memories have one piece of information, but it just corroborates something we already know, so there's no point in saying it and giving them a hint as to what I can do."

Top Bottom