Table of Contents New
The Travelling Trainer’s Textbook (9th Edition, WOOPER-Approved)
If you’re reading this, you’re probably a brand new pokemon trainer, just about to set off on your journey. If so, STOP!
The statistics show that 90 percent of pokemon trainer deaths or disappearances in the wild aren’t caused by wild pokemon attacks. Rather, they are caused by pokemon trainers not knowing the basics and landing themselves in sticky situations they can’t get out of.
That’s where this handbook comes in. In the Travelling Trainer’s Textbook, you’ll learn everything you need to know about pokemon training to prevent yourself from landing in such a spot, from the types of equipment you’ll need for your journey to how to care for and battle with your pokemon, what berries are and aren’t safe to eat, and even how to camp out in a pokemon center for the night.
You’ll also learn important information about trainer tuitions, the gym circuit, and the role that the pokemon league and championships plays in governing and motivating regions all over the world. It’s a must-have for any pokemon trainer, whether you’re just looking to sightsee or seeking to try your luck at the pokemon league!
.Meet the authors:
Prof. Samuel Oak, Ph.D.
Professor Samuel Oak is a renowned researcher in the Kanto Region, famously known for his research strides in revolutionary devices such as the pokedex and pokemon to pokeball compatibility research. He has also pioneered the Trainer Tuition program, a hybrid system between pokemon training and pokemon research. His grandson, Blue, assists Oak at his lab in Pallet Town.
Prof. Elm Utsugi, Ph.D.
After earning his doctorate in Pokemology as an assistant under Professor Oak, Professor Elm Utsugi accepted a research position as the Johto Region’s head pokemon researcher. Elm regularly co-ordinates with Professor Oak in the study of pokemon reproduction, and is famously known for a running joke about pokemon eggs ‘appearing out of nowhere’. His lab in New Bark Town was the second in the world to introduce the successful Trainer Tuition program.
(This textbook was published and approved by WOOPER., the Worldwide Online Organization for Pokemon Enthusiasts and Researchers)
- 1: The Wonderful World of Pokemon… Trainers
- History and culture of pokemon trainers
- Why humans and pokemon work together
- When Training Goes Wrong
- The unspoken and spoken rules of pokemon training
- 2: What You’ll Need
- Essential Equipment: Pokedex, Pokeballs, and Rotom
- Your trainer ID, and why it’s so important
- The Trainer Test
- Trainer tuition
- 3: How to Train Your Pokemon
- How to catch a pokemon
- Bonding with your pokemon
- How to handle evolutions
- Handling uncooperative pokemon
- Trading pokemon
- Releasing pokemon
- 4: Pokemon, I choose you!
- Battle items: Berries, potions, and elixirs
- Battle items: Mega stone, Z-crystal, and Dynamax
- Battling VS. playfighting
- Battles in the wild
- Trainer Battles
- Battling with Synergy
- 5: The Gym Circuit
- Gyms, gym leaders, and eligible towns
- Restrictions for gym circuit registered trainers
- Optimizing your gym challenge
- The Island Challenge
- 6: Surviving in the Wild
- Camping out in the wild
- How to properly pick berries
- When wild pokemon attack
- The importance of Pokemon Centers
- 7: The Pokemon League
- The Annual Championships
- The elite four showcase
- Notable attractions
- League battles
- Facing the Champion
- 8: Hall of Fame
- The Elite Four behind the scenes
- Interaction with other regions and their champions
- Happy training!