• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
So ah is this a placeholder or a prank fic?

ah, placeholder... got it... with Walerin's examples knocking around you can never know these days.

Last edited:
(Chapter 1) The great Krungler in: “please leave my store alone”

Theboxcatgamr

Dual-Eyed-Bi-Spy And Definitely not dead
Pronouns
He/one who eat pasta
Dear diary today marks the third year anniversary of my arrival in treasure town. I miss Home but it’s become obvious that I will never see it again. I was cosplaying as I don’t know someone from a game I think? I’ve had a real metal helmet and it took a while but I managed to make it look like it even had horns so I’ve had the advantage in hiding my species. (Too bad they freaked out when the batteries in it ran out and my outfit stopped glowing. They thought I was dying. Ugh I hate this.) so I set up a little shop and it went over surprisingly well thought it was a bit of a bitch at first to convince all the Pokémon that there was a new Pokémon called a “Krungler”… it took almost a year but I did somehow manage to win the locals over with some baked goods (still shocked they not only had but trusted me to use an oven!) and I am very thankful to whatever god is running this show for this (And my bitch ass father for forcing me to join cooking club in school.) but I feel guilty. I do regret taking advantage of their good nature but it seemed to be the only appropriate action at the time. Did you know there is an entire prophecy about a human showing up? They almost had me pegged correctly from the moment I showed up. I really hope this doesn’t bite me in the ass. I set up a partnership with the store next to me, a little friendly place called “Kevcl “ “Kecleon mart” and in exchange for baking and cooking food for them they agreed to allow me to buy items from their surplus at a cheap price to resell, What can I say? business has been booming! I really hope they don’t see through my lies though as my entire livelihood is-

*BANG* *BANG* *BANG*

“FUCK!”

The man jumped and fell out of his Krungler brand chair of awesomeness by a loud banging on his front door, rubbing his sore shoulder he stood up now a little upset that someone was interrupting him during his time off, the man begrudgingly put on his helmet and made his way downstairs into his little supermarket, bottles of apple juice, sodas and various other products lined the three shelves as he walked past to confront the source of the noise. Stopping at his front door he looked through his peephole and saw one of his regulars, a Shinx arguing with a Charmander he saw exploring the town a day ago.

“I’m telling you he’s not a human! He’s been here for three years. He’s a Krungler!” Shinx defended

The man’s Heart dropped into his stomach as he heard the argument.

*No this wasn’t supposed to happen this way! Damn it! who the hell is this?* The Krungler thought in a panic as he pressed in on his special home made door trying to see more

“I don’t know, Sam it’s just the way you described him. I’m not saying he is but-“

Without warning the front door unceremoniously fell down with the krungler beside it.

“…”

“…”

“…Uh sorry we are closed?”

K_S

Well stereotypically a lot of mystery dungeon games tend to have less than steller npcs... In the iq apointment mind. Though I am imagining a human with a metal bucket helm with glow in the dark eyes w a battery case barely peeking out fooling the maases amd i'm smirking at bit at it.

And also wondering how the new ahem.... Mon is hiding his lack of special attacks among other things.

Still its one way to avoid the dreaded "chosen one" shebang though i shudder to think how its going to go down when the disguise needs maintinace or our pov character just needs some time with it off.

Brave man dealing with the klecleons i always avoided thier shops since they tended to freak me out a bit.

Ohh wait a kanto starter... A popular kanto starter i suspect this might be a human transport that was transformed lets see...

Well that hypothesis is still up in the air. The how behind the impeding confrontation though is not.

Id definitly suggest our newest ah 'mon invest in sturdier doors though.

(Chapter 2) Splinters and knuckles

Theboxcatgamr

Pronouns
He/one who eat pasta
The two could only watch as he awkwardly picked up the wooden door and attempted to insert it into the doorway, They were still standing there when the door fell over again and in a single movement fell on the head of the man holding the door unceremoniously knocking him to the ground once more. The man sighed

“How can I help you today little one? You kind of caught me off guard so I don’t think I have any of those Razz sodas lying around at the moment.” The Krungler said while rolling to stand and dusting himself off

“Uh I think you have something stuck on your back Mr.” The Shinx said

Turning around without thinking the Krungler accidentally hit the creature over the head with the door which was now stuck on a spike on his back.

“Oh crap I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to-“

“ It’s fine, it’s fine, I have aura remember?.” She quickly reassured

“No I don’t think it is, I just hit you over the head with a wooden plank and aura or not that hurts. Hmm… Tell you what. You and your friend over there can pick something out of my store for free.” The man offered in apology

“Wow! Thanks Mr Krungler! Come on Jayk let’s get some sodas!”

The Shinx pushed the Charmander inside the small market and The innocent behaviour of the kid brought a smile to the krungler‘s face, walking into the store behind them he completely forgot about his worries in the glow of childhood innocence…and also the door still stuck to his back.

“Are you sure you are alright Mr Krungler? That was a nasty fall!” The Shinx asked innocently as she enjoyed her soda

“I’m fine.” Krungler said while clutching a bag of ice to his head

*wish I could take my helmet off for this though.* Krungler thought bitterly

“Hey Sam I’ve been wondering, how is it that you can hold stuff without thumbs?” The Charmander asked

“It’s Aura dummy.”

“…”

“Oh uh right. Sorry I forgot about that. Well In a Pokémon we have these things called-“

*Wait if he’s a Pokémon shouldn’t he know this already? I had to lie about mine not working properly and that got me looked at like funny for a month…who is this guy?* Krungler asked in his head

“-and when you clutch your paw it sticks to it or something. Sorry I don’t know much.” She said as she finished her soda.

The krungler could tell by the far off look in the Charmander’s eyes that he wasn’t understanding the topic.

“Well that’s probably enough. For today. It is my day off after all. Although I appreciate the visit little one.”

“Alright. Thanks for the sodas mr Krungler! Have a good day!” She said gratefully before running out of the store.

“Sam wait! Ugh dang it!” The Charmander cursed before running after his friend

“Have a nice night!” Krungler shouted after him.

As he watched the two kids run out to the guild he let out a large sigh of relief. This was his closest call in a long time. Standing up and looking at his broken door he inspected the damage.

“Hmm… hinges are good but the front has had better days… ugh looks like I gotta call the brothers again and ask for a new door.” He mumbled to himself.

“Excuse me Krungler are you open right now?”

He looked up to see the face of his friend Duskull

*heh, only guy in town who enjoys my dark humour.*

“Well I’m not taking customers but I would accept a friend right now. Get in here.” He replied happy to put off work

“Thank you.” He said as he gently floated through the door.

Before the door could fall over Krungler kicked it against the doorframe and split it in two.

“Oops” he said vindictively

“Door problems?” Duskull asked

“Yes. But I don’t want to think about it.”
“Alright. Knuckle bones?” Duskull asked while raising a bag of dice he held

“Ha! Yes let’s! Daddy needs a new FUCKING DOOR!” He shouted before jokingly throwing an empty soda can at the newly splintered wood

Duskull gave a crooked smile at his friend’s high energy antics, he knew tonight would be a great night for games. Krungler lead him to the storage room in the back where a familiar poker table was set up and waiting.

“Thinking of only 100p bets tonight. Just here for fun.” Duskull said

“Agreed, besides I still need enough cash to pay for the stupid front door.”

“Krungler is that you?” One of the kecleon brothers asked looking up from his clipboard

“Yes Romero. Duskull stopped by and asked to play knuckle bones. Do you and Florence want me to deal you in?”

Romero smiled as he went to get his brother.

Jayk looked down on the market from his rooms window, he was sure of it. Krungler was a human. How much did he know? Why was he still human when Jayk wasn’t? Why-

“DAMN IT!”

“He he he!”

he needed answers. And soon.

“Jayk we really gotta leave mr Krungler alone. He’s just trying to run his store.”

“I know Sam. But it’s just so strange! Think about it.”

“I have thought about it but he’s been here for a while. Heck he helped keep my hopes up about joining the guild! Never would have made it through the written tests without his soda.”

“…Written test?”

“Oh. Ok we need to get you all read up on the guilds terms and services. We should be able to buy something from Krungler’s.”

Jayk groaned. Oh well. It’s an excuse. Time to get answers.

“I CALL CHEATING! THERE IS NO WAY YOU GOT SIX SIXES BACK TO BACK!”

SHUT UP POKÉMON ARE TRYING TO SLEEP!” Loudred shouted waking everyone else who was asleep up.

Yeah. Answers. Soon

THE GREAT KRUNGLER but I took a picture of the armour he is cosplaying in so you can understand how in the way it is

Theboxcatgamr

Pronouns
He/one who eat pasta
Here is his helmet. He made this surprisingly well and learned how to repair it which is why his armour is still intact after three years. He was cosplaying as a Titan from destiny. No this doesn’t mean he has space wizard powers. (Though he would agree that would be cool.)A1750B4A-D2AE-4FAE-AB60-BFABC7D8848D.jpeg

(Chapter 3) chatter

Theboxcatgamr

Pronouns
He/one who eat pasta
-Ran but he was never quick enough, The strange bat creature was always faster, he was suddenly thankful for his dedication to the realism of his costume, He dodged another violent blast of sound as he turned the corner, he never should have said yes to this stupid job. Clutching the key close to his chest with his four remaining fingers he ran as fast as his legs could carry him. Oh god was the cave shaking? It was, rocks begin fall all around him as-

The Krungler clutched his left arm in pain as he rose from his bed, He fell out again.

“ugh, fucking mystery dungeons.” He cursed to himself

After a quick stretch, he enjoyed his simple breakfast and finished brushing his teeth, he began the process of putting on his armour, it was a simple morning ritual but one that brought more comfort to him with each piece of his armour, he paused for a moment as he looked at his left hand missing a finger and sighed sadly as he put the gauntlet on. It’s a good thing no one ever asked what happened to it or why one hand had five fingers and the other was missing it’s pinky but the world as usual made a fatal mistake. The finger it didn’t remove was his middle one. And that was something he could smile about.

“Ok. Let’s get cracking. First things first let’s see if the brothers need help.” He said starting his way out of his room and down the stairs.

Continuing his morning ritual he started stocking shelves from the storage room and replacing empty display cabinets, eventually the entire store was stocked up and almost ready to be opened.

“Morning Krungler. What’s the daily special today?”

“Morning Florence, thinking basic bread rolls. They always seem to do well.” Krungler replied

“Perfect! Azurill and Mariel should be stopping by today. Thought I’d treat them.”

“Yeah. Good idea. Besides I think with what’s going on they probably deserve some kindness right now, something about a water float? Yeah alright I’ll start baking and get back to you.”

Florence nodded and left to begin opening his shop.

“…Fuck it. I think I’ll throw in an apple juice for good measure.”

He resumed setting up the store by stacking a pyramid out of caned goods.

“Aw yeah. Triangles, bitches love triangles!”

Jayk dejectedly walked out of the guild, it had been half an hour since Chatot, lectured him on the importance of education and kicked him out until he passed the test. it reminded him of when his teacher would talk down at him during school and put him into a visibly sour mood.

“This is so frustrating! We won’t be able to have any adventures until we have you pass that test!” Sam complained

“I know but how could I have known him we got started with this?”

“How could you not? It’s an adventuring guild! Of course there’s tests.”

Jake deadpanned

“Oh right, sorry I forgot about that” She said sheepishly

“It happens but I just want to get this over with, you said Krungler had books?” He said masking his intentions

“Yes, he got sponsored by the guild to sell them so anyone could learn and join!”

“How much?”

“10p”

“Only 10?”

“Yeah, he was allowed to price them as he wanted but to our surprise he made them dirt cheap out of the kindness of his heart. We couldn’t believe it either.” She said as they finally reached the bottom of the guild stairs

“Huh. Sounds like a good guy.”

“He is! He brought a bunch of inventions with him that treasure town now uses! It’s why we are one of the number one guilds out there!”

“Really?”

“Really! He’s the one that figured out if you mush up oren berries you can make a salve with it! That alone saved some lives!”

Jake was impressed, clearly the Krungler had improved the town quite a bit.

“Hey maybe he can help build something to take you back home! He’s a genius so who knows what he’s up to now. Let’s find out! He always lets me see some of his new inventions.” The Shinx said putting a spring in her step

“Are you sure? I don’t want to get my hopes up for nothing Sam.”

“I’m sure!” She said as they finally reached the market

Krungler felt his spine shiver as he spotted the two young Pokémon from yesterday coming his way. Normally the young Shinx was a welcome sight but ever since his near discovery at the hands (or claws) of her partner he found himself wrought with anxiety. He attempted to put on his best poker face before realizing his helmet made it somewhat pointless. His breathing became more ragged as they approached and he felt like he was melting inside of his armour.

“Hey! You in there?” A Zangoose asked snapping him out of his paranoia

He was safe. He was the Krungler just minding his own business.

“R-Right sorry. Was zoning out there. How can I help Vera?”

“I’m getting drinks for us. We are celebrating a big haul we pulled off! So I got a big order for you if you still do delivery.”

“Of course. Right what do you need?” He said trying to ignore the two who just entered his shop

The white and red cat pulled out a lot of items and dropped it on his counter.

“Everything should be on there. And if you wish you could join us after you deliver it. Make a night of it.”

“Well-well-well, I just might! But are you sure about these? They are more on the pricey side all things considered.” He warned

“Normally no I wouldn’t be but hey! We made it! And we oughta celebrate properly! Besides it’s also for Danny! Turns out they found him and he was ok!”

Krungler let out a sigh of relief at the news

“Ok now I have to come. You didn’t say he made it! Alright in that case I’ll give you a discount.”

“No. I told you I-“

“Nope. Vera this is for Danny and your success. Besides I doubt this will be the only celebration hmm?”

“Ugh fine. But next time I’m paying full price. It just doesn’t sit right not paying in full.”

“Please. You are a friend and my friends-“

“Never pay full price yeah I got it the first time.” She said waving him off and leaving the store

He smiled knowing under her prickly exterior was a Pokémon who cared deeply for her friends, though “prickly” by Pokémon standards is usually just a Pokémon who is bit rougher with words.

“Hi mr!”

He violently threw his arms into the air

“I SURRENDER! Oh wait. Sorry little one you spooked me.” He said putting his arms down

The Shinx giggled innocently

“Ok how can I help you little one?”

“Me and my partner need a guild book. Someone forgot to study.” She said pointing to the Charmander

*Oh thank god.* he thought

“Heh alright. That will run you 10p” he said as he pulled a book out of the rack beside him.

“Thank you! Oh and also we had a bit of a question for you.”

“…”

“You wouldn’t happen to know anything about humans would you?” The Charmander asked

“…”

He was frozen, stuck in place unable to move no matter how hard he screamed at his body to leave it seemed unresponsive.

“Mr Krungler?” The Shinx asked with a tinge of fear in her voice

Trying to snap him out of it the Charmander got behind the counter and tugged on the man’s gauntlet. He was missing a finger to his horror.

“Are you ok?” He asked trying to keep a neutral expression

“I’m good enough. I’m good. Goodgoodgooooooood. I’m good. I. Am. Good.” He fearfully stuttered out

Charmander felt dizzy.

Focus” The Krungler nervously said to himself

Looking over at him he was in a ball on the ground while Shinx tried to snap him out of his fear

“Focus”

The sound of chattering teeth filled the room

“GET A D-DAMN GRIP MAN!”

It came from all around the Charmander now

F U C K I N G F O C U S”

-Krungler crept through the Rocky Plains trying his best to stay hidden, he froze when a Pokémon lazily wandered past him. He started shaking before he did some sort of gesture In an attempt to calm himself

Focus.”

He lowered the club in his right hand and nervously walked up a staircase. Teeth chattering in fear the whole way-

The Charmander was on a bed when he came to, looking around he saw his partner and the Krungler before him sitting in a chair. He was bouncing his leg nervously as he watched the bed with anticipation and fear in his eyes.

“Are you ok?” Sam asked

“I’m fine. What happened”

“You collapsed in my store. You are in my room now.” The man said standing and shutting his room’s door

Wait. Eyes? His helmet!

“…So you are human.”

“…”

“M-Mr Krungler?”

*Click*

The Krungler locked the door

Cherry_BombBees

flying in the name of love
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. altaria
Alright, review time let's go!.
"-Ran but he was never quick enough, The strange bat creature was always faster, he was suddenly thankful for his dedication to the realism of his costume, He dodged another violent blast of sound as he turned the corner, he never should have said yes to this stupid job. Clutching the key close to his chest with his four remaining fingers he ran as fast as his legs could carry him. Oh god was the cave shaking? It was, rocks begin fall all around him as-"

While I like this as a beginning for the chapter, I do see a major flaw. This paragraph is a run-on sentence and a half. While your imagery is strong, having it be a run-on takes away the impact as a whole. The last sentence needs work. Instead of "It was, rocks begin fall all around him as", why not "A landslide of boulders tumbled down the cave, picking up speed as they steamrolled everything in sight. Krungler's heart raced as the boulders smothered the earth below him, trapping him in his spot. Would he be able escape this time?" (wordy, but gets the job done)

Anyways...

While I'm enjoying the plot so far, there's a lot that needs to be worked on with this fic. Dialogue tags are excluded, making it a struggle to tell whose speaking what line. With scenes like the shop or guild, there's really not enough description to keep me intrigued. On another nitpicky note, the use of swearing is really jarring and takes away from the story like tossing a Carolina reaper pepper in a fruit salad.

While this review might come off harsher than expected, it's honestly how I viewed this fic. There's some great potential, but the lack of description along with frequent grammar issues damper the story.

If you're in need of a beta reader, I'd be more than happy to help out. Keep on writing!

Theboxcatgamr

Pronouns
He/one who eat pasta
Alright, review time let's go!.
"-Ran but he was never quick enough, The strange bat creature was always faster, he was suddenly thankful for his dedication to the realism of his costume, He dodged another violent blast of sound as he turned the corner, he never should have said yes to this stupid job. Clutching the key close to his chest with his four remaining fingers he ran as fast as his legs could carry him. Oh god was the cave shaking? It was, rocks begin fall all around him as-"

While I like this as a beginning for the chapter, I do see a major flaw. This paragraph is a run-on sentence and a half. While your imagery is strong, having it be a run-on takes away the impact as a whole. The last sentence needs work. Instead of "It was, rocks begin fall all around him as", why not "A landslide of boulders tumbled down the cave, picking up speed as they steamrolled everything in sight. Krungler's heart raced as the boulders smothered the earth below him, trapping him in his spot. Would he be able escape this time?" (wordy, but gets the job done)

Anyways...

While I'm enjoying the plot so far, there's a lot that needs to be worked on with this fic. Dialogue tags are excluded, making it a struggle to tell whose speaking what line. With scenes like the shop or guild, there's really not enough description to keep me intrigued. On another nitpicky note, the use of swearing is really jarring and takes away from the story like tossing a Carolina reaper pepper in a fruit salad.

While this review might come off harsher than expected, it's honestly how I viewed this fic. There's some great potential, but the lack of description along with frequent grammar issues damper the story.

If you're in need of a beta reader, I'd be more than happy to help out. Keep on writing!
Actually this has been extremely helpful. I was worried about people not being able to differentiate characters so I think I might implement an icon to show who is talking and honestly you are probably correct about the swearing, I’ll probably have them put more effort into censoring themselves “for the kids.”

Important update

Theboxcatgamr

Pronouns
He/one who eat pasta
Hello. I’m implementing something to help differentiate characters while reading. I’m planning on using these 🟢🔵🟡🟠🟣🔴 to show who is talking. For now here is the simple version.

Krungler: 🔲

Jake (Charmander) 🟠

Sam (Shinx) 🟡

Other colours from here will represent the Pokémon’s colour.

They will go before dialogue as such

🔲”hi how can I help you?”

🟠”…”

🟡”can I have a chocolate?”

ETC

K_S

Review reply. Browny points for trying to salvage a situation... Though i would have phrased my bail out as.... "We're closed due to structural integrity issues.. Please come back never."

Either thats a flimsy door. K. Works out a ton or we are aiming for comedy. I vote the last.

"It was a splinter" the shinx insists. "A big flat one!"

Jayk seeming holder of the towns sole iq point... "Yeah lets just pick something pricy then..."

I vote less inmocent and more scattered. How does aura keep pain from being a thing? I think i'm as confused as krungler at that.

And even though i dont know hiw i'm snerking at K. And his rather futile wishing the ice will worm throgh the mask faster. Sam the shinx huh? Well it aliterates and probably makes thing wsier for ah.. Tourists in this setting...

Though i am waiting for a "how is the sky blue" /"aura"/ "no really?"/ "A U R A"

And k realizes that since he dodged the call it went collect for this charmander in three... Two...

And it didnt happen. Really... Seriously... I think dusknoir came by to reap my dying hopes here.

Maybe itll be a 4am aha moment later?

I can only imagine k. In vagas... And its both amusing and horrifying.

at least Dusk' as some restraint... i think he is the only one. Shame we dont get to see how the game pans out...

in which jayk tries to investigate/ think and parner mc partner is NOT helping... Though the "why humans" a fair question, the "why am i amnesia and he isn't" might be a more important one.

just saying...

well if its dusk getting those rolls i vote ironic naritive powers... And thus fair. But thats juat my call here... Also i find dusknoirs cute so i am inclined to take mr. Spookys side a little. It is for chump change after all...

K_S

Huh wonder if k. Didnt refuse the call quite so loudly initially and paid for it. Loved the understatement of 4 fingers. Brings out the ominous in the nightmare in such an understated fasion.

Though i can see him freaking out in a guild group and all those innocent first evolutions going " What's a fuck"... And the older guild member being " well lets use context clues to figure out the new word!"

I dont know how k. Would reply... Me... I'd probably fall into a fit of choked laughter.

What tpe of breakfast because i swear mon only seem to eat berries in this verse... And i'd go insane on that diet ..

All the better to bare the bird to whatever legend dropped me off here
K. Thinks while getting himself together. It is the little pleasures.

How does the man handle laundry day.. Just wondering...

And also gotta wonder how lo g hes beem here to have a shop and routine down pat like this.

Gotta admit the water mouse brothers from canon do need every kindness considering thier parents super sick if i recall the game correctly. If so yeah every kindness and maybe a trade off help the whole family event so the villagers take some of the slack/pressures off of the family too

Honestly i always took geometric store displays as a sign of boredom but alright...

Well chatot is the type to slap everyone down. And not give slack to an amnesiac. Good luck with that j.

While it seems nice a librabry set ip would have been nicer... Just saying...

Though desoite dodging the call hes wiggled uo the hero scale a little eith basic med knowldge. Wonder if he knows.

Snorts yeah younhabe to hit the party now. Obligatory and all that... I dont recall danny but hopefully that will be revisited at theparty?

Honeslty i got confused as to who was freaking out. It got cleared by yhe waje uo scene but i thought it was k. Dislocating and car screaming for a little... Guess jayk has thier own trauma too.

Or is super squeamish and so should not be adventuring.

And so beging the shovel talk or a non dating slant... Fun times.

Well thanks for sharing.

Theboxcatgamr

Pronouns
He/one who eat pasta
Huh wonder if k. Didnt refuse the call quite so loudly initially and paid for it. Loved the understatement of 4 fingers. Brings out the ominous in the nightmare in such an understated fasion.

Though i can see him freaking out in a guild group and all those innocent first evolutions going " What's a fuck"... And the older guild member being " well lets use context clues to figure out the new word!"

I dont know how k. Would reply... Me... I'd probably fall into a fit of choked laughter.

What tpe of breakfast because i swear mon only seem to eat berries in this verse... And i'd go insane on that diet ..

All the better to bare the bird to whatever legend dropped me off here
K. Thinks while getting himself together. It is the little pleasures.

How does the man handle laundry day.. Just wondering...

And also gotta wonder how lo g hes beem here to have a shop and routine down pat like this.

Gotta admit the water mouse brothers from canon do need every kindness considering thier parents super sick if i recall the game correctly. If so yeah every kindness and maybe a trade off help the whole family event so the villagers take some of the slack/pressures off of the family too

Honestly i always took geometric store displays as a sign of boredom but alright...

Well chatot is the type to slap everyone down. And not give slack to an amnesiac. Good luck with that j.

While it seems nice a librabry set ip would have been nicer... Just saying...

Though desoite dodging the call hes wiggled uo the hero scale a little eith basic med knowldge. Wonder if he knows.

Snorts yeah younhabe to hit the party now. Obligatory and all that... I dont recall danny but hopefully that will be revisited at theparty?

Honeslty i got confused as to who was freaking out. It got cleared by yhe waje uo scene but i thought it was k. Dislocating and car screaming for a little... Guess jayk has thier own trauma too.

Or is super squeamish and so should not be adventuring.

And so beging the shovel talk or a non dating slant... Fun times.

Well thanks for sharing.
Thanks for the review. I can say that some aspects of aura and why the town react the way they do will be explained however not all (except this, aura is basically a source of life and with it comes benefits for those who have enough for example being more sturdy, from newborns to toddlers however they don’t have their aura flushed out yet as they haven’t been alive long enough, a Pokémon doing their first move is often a source of joy as it usually signifies that enough life force has been built to gain this resilience. I’ll explain more later in the story.) And the store is for him more of a bastion of safety. In a world of monsters that could easily snuff your life out any sort of normalcy becomes addictive. Also that bit about laundry is a good point that I didn’t consider. Could be a nice moment if I workshop it. Thanks for the criticism, I’ll use it to the best of my ability (and sorry for the typos, phone gang.)

Last edited:
Reactions: K_S

Theboxcatgamr

Pronouns
He/one who eat pasta
Thank you for the reply and sneak peak on aura. And i look forward to how this unfolds.
No problem. I plan on getting creative with it and doing a definitive look later. Another secret I’ll share (since it’s taking forever) is that our precious narrator isn’t always reliable. The only true facts are things characters say and do. Some details are important and some aren’t but know that I plan on having things burn slow. Like the title. Did you know I usually spend up to two hours working on a title instead of the story? Happens every time

(Chapter 4) The sweetest memories…

Theboxcatgamr

Pronouns
He/one who eat pasta
Author’s note: from now on I’m putting a cast at the beginning to mark who is who in the chapter so you may understand who is speaking easier. With that said-

Today’s cast:

Krungler: 1

Jake: 2

Sam: 3

Any currently unknown characters will have a “0” until introduction

The great Krungler’s foods and services, upstairs, noon.

3: “Mr Krungler sir?” Sam asked nervously

1: “Yes little one?” Krungler said out of habit

3: “What are you doing?”

1: “My best little one.” He replied, his voice cracking.

The Krungler pulled his chair out of his desk and sat down.

1: “Ok. Little one look I have some things I haven’t been telling you. I am being as calm as I can right now but you need to understand the severity of what’s happening here. And that is a big accusation. What exactly makes you think I’m human?” Krungler asked turning to the Charmander

2: “Because I’m also human.”

1: “…What?“ He questioned softly

*Knock knock*

1: “Welp that sounds like the door probably a customer ha-ha.” Krungler said standing up and unlocking his room

2: “Hey wait!”

1: “No. I need a minute. I need to process exactly what you said because that right there is a damn bold statement to make. So. I’m coming back up shortly ”

*CRASH!*

Something downstairs fell over.

1: “Ugh. That can’t be good, alright stay here I’ll be right back and then we can talk about this-“

0: “Krungler get your butt down here!” An angry sounding voice bellowed

The Krungler sighed and quickly put his helmet on before going downstairs.

2: “…Ok Sam I’m curious. How is it everyone knows Krungler?”

3: “…”

2: “Sam?”

3: “I’m sorry Jake but this is erm, private, I’ll tell you because it’s important you understand some things about him. Human, I never would have guessed.”

2: “Sam you know you don’t have to-“

3: “Its fine, besides it’s probably best I get this off my back while I can.”

Narrator switch (Sam)

So around two years ago was when I first met him, wait hang on. Ok so an important thing to know about Shinx is that we can go through something of a… rough patch in our early years. We basically become erratic without parents and our bodies enter something called a “aurenal spark trance” where in response to trauma at a young age our bodies start making a ton of aura to defend ourselves. At that point we met it had been… 3 years since I lost my parents? All that time was so hazy, I could barely even speak at that point as I hadn’t spoken for a while. It was scary you know? I wasn’t in control most times so my body acted on instinct. So with my body making an unhealthy amount of aura and my… outbursts I’ll call them, you can imagine how very few Pokémon wanted to deal with me. And then out of nowhere he showed up. He got an arrangement with the Kecleon brothers to watch over a little store they made, Apparently he was very convincing.

Anyway one day I visited treasure town for the first time and I hadn’t eaten in weeks, so I started my way on to the nearest source of food- the market. I saw a mountain of steel staggering inside and all I could remember was thinking how slow he was. Ugh I hate that I thought that but… it was a trying time. I walked inside and next thing I knew it was over. A month after that had passed before I came back to reality, he was finishing up reading me some sort of story before he gave me a soda, I forgot the context for that but he ran over so fast when I finally did it, the trance was over when I called him Dad. I still don’t know what happened in that year before that as I never asked, something that life changing happened and I don’t have a clue. What I do know is he did what very few Pokémon could.

He stopped an aura trance.

Narrator switch (regular)

The Krungler quietly and awkwardly entered the room

1: “Little Spark…You really don’t remember?”

3: “I’m sorry.” She said teary eyed

1: “Little Spark…” Krungler kneeled down

3: “I just was worried that-“

1: “Shh…”

Krungler swept Sam up in a hug.

1: “…(Sigh) you really trust him don’t you?”

She sniffled and nodded.

1: “Alright fine. Then for you little spark I will trust him. Only for you though ok?”

3: Thank you Dad.” She said pulling closer

1: “Ok little spark. Why don’t we all sit down and enjoy a story of the year I found you… and give your some answers…Little Flame.”

This time the nickname wasn’t lost on Jake.

Narrator change (Krungler)

I have known you Little Spark for a long time. I will admit this only to you two..and only trust one other.

I am human.

But specifics come later. You wanted a story yes? Ok. Our story begins two years ago in this very store. I had a few drinks that night so when I first met you I was not exactly in the right state of mind myself. You crept inside and got spooked by the little door chime, it was so adorable watching you suddenly latch onto the ceiling and all I could think of was watching to see what happened next. “Pokémon watching” as I’ve coined it but that’s when I noticed how young you were…and how small. So being very suggestible in my state when the thought to give you some food came into my head i acted on it. Next thing I knew you were attacking a bag of chips and let off a spark. I found this hilarious and nearly laughed my head off until one of those sparks hit me. You looked a bit smug at this until I in all my drunken brilliance decided I liked it and started holding you just like I am right now (Albeit with a bit more booze in me.) and passed out.

I woke up still holding you using the chips as a pillow, and that’s how we met but after leaving you with a can of soda (which I only just now realize you couldn’t open.) and the chips you fought but that’s when you came back. The next night I was forced to be sober as I had to run the shop so when you showed up during my shift it finally dawned on me what your situation was. You were starved and homeless so in a moment of clarity I let you into my home-

Narrator switch (regular)

3: “Wait, you drink?” She asked confused

1: “Yes I did. I was an alcoholic before I started running the store.”

3: “Oh…”

1: “ha, it’s fine little spark, besides by that point I had long forgotten why I was drinking in the first place. But I have a question for Little Flame, how old are you? Little spark is seven but I’ll admit I’m curious.”

2: “I… I think I’m eight.”

1: “You think? Wait you know what that’s not my business. Besides I never did tell you how I stopped drinking.”

3: “Ok, how did you stop drinking?” She asked with genuine curiosity

1: “Well it involves some help from a friend and a very hungry Shinx.” He said playfully bopping her nose to add emphasis

2: “Wait what happened downstairs?”

1: “Just a very… passionate speech on profanity from some concerned parents.”

2: “Oh I was worried someone fell or something.”

The Krungler shuddered

2: “Wait someone did fall?”

1: “Yeah I may have…Exasperated the situation.”

3: “How dad?”

The Krungler took off his helmet to reveal a black eye.

3: “What?! Who did this?” Sam cried out in anger

1: “In my defence Little Spark, It was really funny when their kid called her a bitch.”

Both Sam and Jake sat there appalled

Top Bottom