• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

The Dragons' Maw

ShiniGojira

Multiversal Extraordinaire
Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
“Then you’re used to the whole inter-dimensional travel thing, I assume. I’ve… gotten more used to it over this… two-week… adventure.”
"Yeah, it's a little disorienting at first but once you go through... like three or so worlds, it'll be like an average Tuesday."
He smiled at Evie. “I don’t think I’ve seen a Pokémon like you. You’re very elegant, and from June has said… I take it you two have tried Contests? You said ‘hosting’, implying the Wallace Cup is in the future? Have you ever tried them before?”
As Wallace addressed the vixen, she turned to give him a short glance before speaking. "Well, we've definitely taken part in a smaller one before. Though I was with his little brother at the time, Quil for your information, and June participated it with our Vulpix friend, Pixels. It was a fun experience, although not something I'm particularly good at so it's unlikely I'll take part in the upcoming Cup."

"But you were so pretty on stage, Eves! Pixels made a dress specifically for you, you wouldn't want it to go to waste, do you?" June said, a small smirk crossing his face upon noticing the subtle blush on her.

"Yeah, well," she said, not facing her trainer. "Maybe the next one."

June chuckled, teasing her was always fun. He turned to Wallace. "Y'know, since it'll be my and Pixels' first Cup. You wouldn't mind giving us a little hint on how these things work? Like I know you're one of the judges and all but maybe you could give me some tips on how to win?" He winked.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen was trembling as the seafood was pushed aside. What if they discarded his food, too? Had his cooking skills deteriorated with his dexterity, now that he was a Pokemon?

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
“I’m from Kalos,” the Farfetch’d replied.

“Me too, buddy,” Zack added with a quick wave.

“Let’s just say I trained myself hard enough to look like this. I wanna be strong, like on Zack’s level.”

“I was hatched this awesome.” The Pidgeot flexed his wings with pride as he smirked. “I like to think that Dad’s muscles were passed down to me.”
"You... trained?" Clink gave him a baffled look, then shrugged it off. Perhaps that was just how their world was... "That is impressive."

An exciting dinner had been ruined by the presence of seafood. Orzo wasn't guilty of this crime, but Victoria was still going to blame him for this.

("O-Orzo,") Victoria stammered, ("what is this?")
Orzo stared at her, puzzled by the question. He glanced at Chef Flygon. "Seafood? Fish. Does your world not have plain fish and other ocean creatures?"

Chef Flygon noticed Victoria's reaction. "I apologize, Miss Victoria. I assure you it is simply ordinary shellfish, but if you are unaccustomed to eating such things there's other options for you."

ShiniGojira

Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
"Well, the most important to remember is kinship." Wallace looked over at Victoria. "The bond between people and Pokémon is the most beautiful thing of all, and you should never forget that. It's just as important to focus on your partner as it is to focus on the audience." Wallace's face grew grim. "And... don't let the pressure of perfection consume you. I've seen far too many people succumb to it."
Taking a notepad out of his bag (although to others not in the know, it would look like he took it out of nowhere), he began to jumble down Wallace word by word. "So, power of friendship equals higher chance of winning..." June mumbled just out of earshot. "Good to know, anime logic still applies even in contests." He tapped his pencil against the notepad, grimacing at the last couple words from the man.

"I, um... I see..." His eyes discretely glanced at his partner before turning back to Wallace. "I'll... keep that in mind. So... Anything else you could tell me? Some cool, flashy tricks, perhaps? I mean, I have a couple ideas but aren't sure if they're good enough."
Chef Flygon noticed Victoria's reaction. "I apologize, Miss Victoria. I assure you it is simply ordinary shellfish, but if you are unaccustomed to eating such things there's other options for you."
Evie's ears twitched in Chef Flygon's general direction and she said, "Chef, would it be okay if I ask for some vegetarian food? No offense but meat is... to be blunt, rather gross, and I'm not particularly fond of it or its texture."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
He decided to change the subject: "That Mega Flygon statue is very impressive. Steven would be intrigued. Do you think there's a Mega Milotic out there? My partner's partners both have Mega Stones, and to be honest...
"I am certain such a thing exists! Why if Flygonite exists here, then somewhere out there is a Milotite. I have often suspected almost anything exists in the the multitude of universes."

Xavian tapped his finger on his chin. "Why I suppose there may even be a world where every pokemon has a mega evolution!"

Evie's ears twitched in Chef Flygon's general direction and she said, "Chef, would it be okay if I ask for some vegetarian food? No offense but meat is... to be blunt, rather gross, and I'm not particularly fond of it or its texture."
"Certainly! The quiche is vegetarian, but I also have a stew that's been simmering to perfection that I will bring you." With a polite dip of his head, Chef Flygon turned and strode away, returning a few moments later with a steaming bowl of fragrant stew, chock full of tasy chunks of vegetables and berries.

ShiniGojira

Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
"Anime logic? What... type of anime?"
Crap, had he said that out loud? "I, err..." June quickly glanced at him before retreating to his notepad. The man looked like he had enough to deal with. Adding an existential crisis probably wouldn't help. Twiddling with his pencil, he said with a nervous claw wave, "Well, um, y'know like Shonen animes, power of friendship wins all that and... um, stuff..." He scratched his cheek with a nervous chuckle.
"Well, the most important thing to consider is that you stand out by being yourself. Influence helps, not imitation."

Wallace looked over at his partner.
June snorted. "As if I could force her to imitate another contestant, she'd sooner stop jumping off of buildings than do that."
And my niece and her partner Ali have an absolutely dazzling charm that they bring to the stage. It's like the stars have come down to shine when she so much as smiles! You can feel such radiant energy when she enters the room..."

Wallace rambled on and on about Lisia: how she was such a talented artist even from a young age, how she was so positive and kind and friendly, how she brought him so much happiness—

Wallace Shocked.png

"Oh dear. This isn't about Contests at all."
"Water type moves. Yeah. Water type moves. They always make an impression. If you can't learn any... um... Fire types are a good alternative?"
He didn't mind the off-topic rambling as much as most would, most likely because he couldn't really say anything about it without being a hypocrite, and also because Wallace looked like he needed some cheering up to do if the sudden tears earlier were anything to speak.

Water-type moves, eh? He smirked and turned to Evie. "You hear that, Eves? Maybe next time, you could try using Water moves instead."

Not feeling amused at the tone thrown at her, Evie gave him a deadpan stare. "Oh yeah, pretty sure I can try some water," she remarked before conjuring up a weak Water Gun and splashing him to which he merely laughed as it hit him.
"Certainly! The quiche is vegetarian, but I also have a stew that's been simmering to perfection that I will bring you." With a polite dip of his head, Chef Flygon turned and strode away, returning a few moments later with a steaming bowl of fragrant stew, chock full of tasy chunks of vegetables and berries.
As the scent reached her nostrils, Evie let out a pleased sigh. "Thank you, Chef. Your work is greatly appreciated."

Last edited:

ShiniGojira

Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
"There you go! That's a wonderful start! If you ever want to compete against me on the Contest stage, I'd love to join you!"
"Well, if nothing crazy happens," he said, giving the man a grin. "Then I might take you up on that offer."

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
To: Serious Business

URGENT MESSAGE. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND QUIETLY.

Orzo is our guy, undoubtedly the Golden King. Will explain more later, in my dorm room, tonight. Until then, please act natural, and for those of you in the Maw, BE CAREFUL.
When Seb felt a buzz in his Rotom Phone, he took it out and read Odette's message. His eyes widened and he covered his mouth in shock. He tried not to make any noise or bring any attention from Orzo to himself. He looked at his birds and placed an index over his mouth, then beckoning them to come and read the message with him.

"Huh? Is this important?" Zack leaned forward as the phone was placed on the table for him to read the message, with Jack jumping onto his shoulder and skimming it. Their beaks opened in shock and they looked at each other. "How!?"

"Sshhh! She said we need to be careful," the Farfetch'd hissed, looking carefully towards Orzo. "If we risk exposing him too soon, we might be at a disadvantage."

"Okay okay..." The Pidgeot let out a sigh and relaxed a bit. "Chill, chill. I'm chill. Gotta think this through, then."

"We need to strike at the right moment. We can't be too slow, though. Remember, Zack, he has other Pokémon kidnapped, so he might absorb more power from them if left alone; we might not be able to stop him if we take too long."

Zack nodded twice firmly. "I really wanna send this baddy flyin' to next year, but you're right, Jack-o. We can try waiting." He turned towards Seb. "What about ya, buddy? Got a plan for this?"

Seb held his cheek as he looked down in thought. "There's more than one way to this. We can wait until nighttime and brainstorm how to expose him, but there are other things we can do. We could call someone here and ask for help, or we can trick him into revealing himself. Gotta remember what mister Wallace mentioned about the berries and dye." He looked up at the ceiling, spotting some sprinklers. "Hey, I never noticed those before. We could use them to our advantage." He looked around before his eyes were locked onto June. He rubbed his face before forcing a friendly smile. "Uh, hey, June. Got a light?"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen was still at the table, serving more crepes to anyone who wanted extras. He was blissfully unaware of what was to come, the chaos that was about to be unleashed.

Meanwhile, Coleane emerged from the kitchen, eyes wide, but a forced smile plastered on her snout.

ShiniGojira

Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
Evie took in a breath, steeling herself as she felt several spikes of panic in the people around them, she glanced over to June, poking him with a paw. With a subtle head tilt, she gestured towards Wallace then to Seb, her ears moving slightly in their general directions.

June raised a brow. Was something wrong? They had their phones out. Strange... did that Odette girl send something? What did their group find if it'd gotten Wallace and Seb so shook?

Taking out his pokédex, he turned it on and–
To: Serious Business

URGENT MESSAGE. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND QUIETLY.

Orzo is our guy, undoubtedly the Golden King. Will explain more later, in my dorm room, tonight. Until then, please act natural, and for those of you in the Maw, BE CAREFUL.
Oh. Oh. Oh crap. Orzo's the king, he was the one behind the kidnapping, the one that–no no, he needed to stay calm, act natural and just not do anything out of the ordinary. That was fine. That was very fine.

Evie could handle anything, she was strong enough... so what if Orzo had defeated both the Lati's and Steven. Evie could handle it, she should be able to handle it. He'd seen her take down an Ultra Beast without any help, she could take Orzo, right?

Right?
He looked up at the ceiling, spotting some sprinklers. "Hey, I never noticed those before. We could use them to our advantage." He looked around before his eyes were locked onto June. He rubbed his face before forcing a friendly smile. "Uh, hey, June. Got a light?"
A familiar voice snapped him out of his panic-induced trance. He turned to Seb, discretely passing his dex to Evie while also making sure Orzo was still in his peripherals.

His mind took a moment to register the question and he noticed Coleane coming out with a smile that looked too fake to be real. It seemed like she had gotten the message too.

"A light?" he murmured. What was Seb talking about? The man was gesturing to something above and he looked up.

The sprinklers. His eyes widened. They'd suspected that Orzo was wearing dye and if he really was the Golden King, then...

But... was now really the right time to do so? Or should he wait for a better opportunity?

He took a bite out of his crepes, mumbling, "If ya want a lighter then I can check my bag to see if there's one. Do ya want it right now or can I finished my crepes first?"

If you want me to set off the sprinklers now then tell me and I'll do so. That was the message he wanted to send but – Orzo was around, the Golden King was around– it was better if he played it safe.

Hopefully, Seb could decipher it.

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
"If ya want a lighter then I can check my bag to see if there's one. Do ya want it right now or can I finished my crepes first?"
Seb shook his head and hands quickly, looking a bit worried. “No, not that kinda light.” He chuckled nervously before pointing up. “I just wanna see how far up you can throw a fireball. Just be careful not to activate the sprinklers, please. I’ll let you finish your food first, though—I think it’d be better if other people saw your trick, heh.”

Zack and Jack winked at the Charmander with a bit of confidence. They were certain it would work, but the right moment was yet to come.

ShiniGojira

Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
Seb shook his head and hands quickly, looking a bit worried. “No, not that kinda light.” He chuckled nervously before pointing up. “I just wanna see how far up you can throw a fireball. Just be careful not to activate the sprinklers, please. I’ll let you finish your food first, though—I think it’d be better if other people saw your trick, heh.”

Zack and Jack winked at the Charmander with a bit of confidence. They were certain it would work, but the right moment was yet to come.
June swallowed his food with a bitter look. Okay, doesn't seem like he got the message... or maybe he did? The winks from the anthro birds and the reply to his food question made it seem like they may have maybe–sorta got the message?

He resisted the urge to sigh. What was he going to do? Should he try again with the hidden message thing? Or nah? Seb was pointing at the sprinklers again, asking him how far he could shoot a fireball.

It was from that brief question, he had an idea. A ridiculously stupid and risky one, but if everything went well then Xavian and Orzo would be none the wiser.

He turned to Evie, her stiff posture and raised fur made her look every bit the intimidating mon he remembered. "Hey, Eves. I got an idea."

Orzo was the Golden King, that Pokémon was the one behind all the kidnappings. She snarled but didn't say anything.

She glared at the Hoopa, feeling a sense of disgust coming in waves through her mind. What a disgrace. All that power, just to use it for pathetic reasons. At least Crude had the audacity to be somewhat helpful.

Evie wasn't going to attack him, she wasn't dumb. It was too risky, too many innocents were around, added in the Hoopa's unpredictability and she had a recipe for disaster just waiting for her if she reacted recklessly.

"Psst." Her ears twitched at the irritating noise and she glanced at her trainer. "Hey, Eves. I got an idea."

"An idea?" she whispered back as he nodded.

"Just follow my lead."

June got up and snapped his claws. "Hey hey, now that lunch is winding down a little. It's finally time for that little show we've thought up of, right Wallace?" He winked at Wallace, mouthing 'Play along.'

ShiniGojira

Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
View attachment 4679
"Oh! Oh..."

View attachment 4680
"Yes! Of course! Victoria, how about we show off our aquatic illusions?"

View attachment 4681
("Thélo na fáo Órzo.")

View attachment 4682
"Glorious! That's Chrysosian for 'I hope you enjoy the show, Orzo!"

He whispered a quick "Oxi" to Victoria.

Victoria smiled wide and hummed. She turned to Orzo and gave a wink.

View attachment 4683
("Gamísou ^^ (❀˘꒳˘)♡(˘꒳˘❀) ★⌒ヽ(˘꒳˘ *)")
"Great! Now why don't you take the center stage first? Show off your masterful tricks before I show mine?"

Okay, crap. He needed to think of something. He and Evie had coordinated in fights before (mostly her saving him), and it wasn't like contest-things were too hard. He did rather well with Pixels.

Maybe... ah hah, he got it!

He leaned in closer to Evie, muttering his planned show to her.

ShiniGojira

Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
Wallace smiled—genuinely for once. Lovely Victoria spun around him.

“Victoria, begin with Safe Guard!” If all went wrong, at least Victoria would be able to protect herself.

Green light glowed from Victoria, making her appear as if she was made of beryl. The two were finally in their element, in sync, in peace.

Victoria began spinning, faster and faster, losing herself in the joy of performance. Wallace pointed a finger.

“Use Hydro Pump—up to the heavens!”

A pillar of water shot up, billowing into a fountain just below the ceiling. Wallace smiled at June.

“I believe now is your chance to join in, my friend.”
"Alright! Let's do this, Eves," he exclaimed, handing her a piece of cloth.

Evie jumped from her seat and landing gracefully on her paws with the cloth hanging from her jaws.

"Protect and get ready for the Flashy Supreme!" He took in a deep breath before blowing a short stream of flames at her.

Evie nodded, her legs tensing as the heat of the flames licked her. But just as it seemed like the fire was gonna hit her, a bright green illuminscent dome of energy appeared, causing the flames to bounce off.

However, thanks to the water fountain from Victoria, the fire didn't have enough time to do much to their surroundings before completely dissipating.

In the midst of the vanishing flames, you could barely make out the green glow of the Protect before it was quickly replaced by crackling lightning mixed with a tinge of pink light.

"Alright... Time for the... finale!" he huffed, jumping in front of Evie before striking a V-pose as lightning went flying behind him, somehow not harming anything around them as a beam of pink light shot straight towards the ceiling.

And while the flashy display was going on, Evie had allowed the cloth to catch fire before tossing it away and out of sight. Smoke now came from the burning cloth and was heading straight up, their flashy show having distracted everyone from the oncoming showers.

Fool's Gold

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Unnoticeably, Orzo eyed the boy and his strange birds carefully... yet his smile and demeanor remained utterly affable, without any hint of deception. If there was something on his mind beyond 'those birds look weird' it was impossible to tell just what. Yet all the same, with the knowledge everyone now possesed, there was something unsettling about his green-eyed gaze... or perhaps it was just imagination.

And as the others put on their show, there was a discreet flash of light near the entrance of the restaurant. Celebi appeared, flanked by several trainers. Simultaneously, Latias and Latios appeared with Jade and Laura.

Meanwhile, Xavian and Clink watched the display, eyes shining with delight. "Marvelous!" Xavian declared. He seemed about to make another comment, when the smoke from the cloth actviated the alarms. Ringing filled the air, and coupled with heat from the attacks, the sprinklers activated.

Water sprayed over everything - tables, chairs, food and the people. And Orzo.

Xavian gave an exclamation of shock, shielding his head with one arm and Clink with the other. From under Xavian's arm, Clink's gaze jerked immediately to Orzo.

Murky water pooled on the seat beneath where he levitated. Like a movie unfolding in slow motion, the colors of Orzo's body began to bleed together. Gray oozed into pink, the two becoming a muddled mess, even as his whole body dripped dark water. Streaks began to appear on him.

Streaks of gold.

The water from the sprinklers slowly petered out, and a strange silence fell, punctuated only by the sounds of dripping. Orzo's body was muddled, but there was unmistakeably gold beneath the gray.

Xavian stared at his partner, his expression shifting from confusion and bewilderment to shock, then fear. Clink pressed himself unconsciously into Xavian's side.

Slowly, almost unnaturally, Orzo stretched out one hand, gazing idly at the gold that had been revealed almost the way one would regard an interesting painting. An odd smile spread across his marred face, yet there was no joy in it. Then Orzo's emerald eyes flickered, shifting abruptly from their usual green to scarlet. The air around it hummed with psychic energy and the cheerful expression on its face began to change...

“Well well well.” His mouth twisted into a smirk, like a predator about to strike. “You got Orzo!” He spoke, his voice dripping with blatantly fake cheer. He laughed, a cold, heartless sound. And then, the rest of its colors began to fall away. Flakes of gray and pink from his body, like rotten wallpaper, revealing what lay underneath - pure gold skin.

“Did Orzo surpriiise you?” He giggled to himself. Energy flared around Orzo and he brandished a ring. "How fun! You found out Orzo even sooner than I expected." He snickered again, covering his mouth with hands. He stopped laughing abruptly and swept his malice filled red eyes across the room.

"But not soon enough."

Chaos broke out.

Moving like a blur, he slid another ring into his other hand. His head jerked around and he fixed his gaze upon Wallace and Victora. "Orzo will have his prize," he hissed.

He lunged, and Victoria reacted. A blast of water smashed Orzo back. Orzo flipped a ring around and absorbed the attack, sending it back at Victoria. I struck cleanly, but she managed to shake it off.

Orzo vanished, then reappeared several yards away to take in the situation. Anger contorted his features. He threw out a barrage of dense, powerful shadow balls, smashing Celebi and the Lati's into a wall. Chef Flygon lept at Orzo, claws glowing with draconic energy, only to be struck to the floor by an absurdly strong psychic wave. Then Orzo made a lunge again, this towards Xavian.

With a tiny pop! And a flash of light, Clink appeared in front of Orzo.

KIII—EEEE!

A pink flash of light sliced through the air and knocked Orzo back.

“NO!” Orzo snarled. He dove into the ground, melting into shadow. Then he remerged, this time with a ring. It enlarged, until it was huge, almost as tall as the ceiling, the inside swirling and somewhere beyond its void like expanse, distant shapes could be seen - the other trainers!?! Before he could be stopped, he seized a stunned Xavian in psychic hold and hurled him through the ring. And then the ring began to drag at everyone, pulling them towards it, sucking them in slowly, even as some made every attempt to grab on or fight back -

"Xavian!" Clink shrieked, their cry filled with agony. They turned to the group and brandished a key. A glowing keyhole appeared midair. They pressed they key inside and turned, and a door appeared, expanding, growing larger.

Screenshot 2022-08-07 15.50.18.png

The door grew and grew, expanding into a series of circles that grew ever wider, pulling at all the trainers, dragging them in, away from Orzo's deadly ring. Even the strongest of pokemon and trainer would find themselves helpless against the pull.

Screenshot 2022-08-07 15.49.23.png

Orzo emerged from the shadows behind Klefki and struck, sending them crashing to the ground before snatching them in one hand and flinging them into a wall. Clink smacked into it hard and fell to the ground. Orzo reached for a ring and-

The air above Orzo twisted and a ball of pure ghostly energy slammed down, sending Orzo tumbling across the floor and knocking the ring aside. A moment later Jirachi descended, another shadow ball primed and eyes blazing with fury. “It’s you!” they cried. “I knew it!” Behind them were Violet and Hazel. They turned to Klefki. “Everyone, go! Into the door now!” Jirachi turned back to Orzo, priming another shadow ball.

A combined blast from Latios and Latias distintegrated Orzo's portal ring, and the pull of Klefki's portal became impossible to resist.

Meanwhile Orzo rose, looking unharmed, though even more furious. “S̶i̷l̵l̸y̴ ̷l̶i̶t̶t̶l̵e̸ ̵s̴t̶a̸r̵.̵.̶.̴ ̸y̵o̷u̸ ̷s̵h̴o̷u̶l̵d̴ ̵n̷o̷t̵ ̷h̴a̵v̶e̶ ̶i̸n̴t̸e̶r̴f̵e̴r̷e̶d̸.̵ ̴N̸o̷w̵ ̸I̵’̴m̶ ̵g̸o̴i̸n̸g̷ ̸t̴o̴ ̵e̵x̴t̵i̶n̴g̵u̸i̷s̴h̶ ̴y̵o̸u̴.̸”̷” The two lunged for each other, trading swift, vicious blows. The other mythical pokemon, somewhat recovered from the earlier strike, joined in the furious fight, even as it seemed Orzo was barely hurt by their blows, and each strike he landed on them hurt and it seemed little better than a desperate stall-

Clink shot a final, sorrowful look at Jirachi and the others, then limped through the air and into the portal, which snapped shut behind them.

Last edited:

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
"So it truly was them!" Violet snarled as she arrived alongside Jirachi. "I should hath known... how many... how long...?!" The girl clenched her fist as she watched the twisted Hoopa rise back up again. However, before she could act, she could feel the pull of Klefki's door suck her in.

No! She musn't allow it to happen! After abandoning her brother, after leaving him for dead, this was going to be her act of atonement! She was going to do everything she could to stand her ground; she was not going to run away again! Violet's teeth clenched as the bellowing wind from Klefki's door tugged at her skin struggling to stand her ground. This was it, she was going to finally repent—

A claw shoved the girl off her balance as she tumbled onto the floor towards the door. When she recovered from her breath flinch, the girl saw her partner looking at her with furrowed brows, an uncharacteristic frown, and a hint of... pity?

After shoving her trainer, Hazel quickly grabbed her by the hand and pulled her towards the door as yelled to the mythical Pokémon, "Stay safe, please!" before the two of them hopped in. Whether Hazel was truly a human or Pokémon, Violet was her trainer — her friend — and she was determined to ensure that Violet was safe, whether the girl wanted to be or not. They would be in it together to the end.

As they passed through the threshold, Hazel clutched onto Violet in a tight hug as she let out a light, concerned purr for her closest companion.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen was one of the closest to Orzo when the sprinklers went off. At first, he was most concerned about the food. His crepes, the crepes he put love and care into, were now soggy, ruined, unfit for eating.

Then he saw the streaks of gold, and he was horrified. That...that was the Pokemon who was kidnapping everyone. That was the culprit.

And he was right next to them.

He tried to get away, but his Oshawott legs were too stubby. He stumbled, and fell to the floor, true terror evident on his face.

Attacks flew from everywhere, towards everywhere. Gen couldn't move, he was stricken with fear. He was going to die here.

An attack sailed towards him—

A giant Pokemon flew in the way, shielding him with her body. "Gen!" the Tropius called out, as she pulled him onto her back with her vines.

"C-Coleane...h-help..." Gen stammered, shaking like a leaf. Coleane nodded, eyes filled with the determination humans so often had.

Her destination was clear: The Klefki's portal.

She just needed to make it there.

So she flew. She weaved between attacks, dodged projectiles, as she flew as fast as she could towards their salvation.

And the duo made it into the portal.

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
“Oh, YEEEEEEEES!” Zack yelled in excitement as he stood from his seat.

“Oh, NO!” Seb yelled in fright and despair. His eyes and mouth were the most open they could’ve been after he saw everything that was happening.

Jack flew onto his Trainer’s shoulder and slapped the back of his head a few times. He gave him a solemn look. This was the moment of truth, and there was no time for doubt nor hesitation. “We can do this. Just believe. Everything will be alright.” The Farfetch’d jumped and flew towards the Golden King, leek grasped in his beak.

Seb calmed down and nodded to himself. He held his right hand over his mouth as he breathed out to relax. He noticed his Mega Ring and remembered what he wanted to do.

“Today is the day that the world is saved from your dumb rule, King!” Zack exclaimed, pointing a feather at Orzo and glaring at him through his excited expression. He turned his face to look at Seb and show him the Pidgeotite he was holding as a reminder.

Seb nodded, but he seemed hesitant. Nonetheless, he grabbed his wrist, held it in front of his face and closed his eyes, focusing on the memories he made with Zack to make sure that his bond with the Pidgeot was strong.

The day he caught that Pidgey and promised him to make him strong. When he caught that Farfetch’d and the two birds became quick friends. All those battles they fought with some help from Jack. The nights in the dorm room when they talked. Was it all enough?

“Seb, you don’t gotta worry ‘bout me, buddy,” Zack muttered, looking back at Orzo with a smile of determination. “Just trust me as I trusted you. And remember this: thanks for this chance.”

The Pidgeotite and the Mega Ring shone in a synchronized burst of energy.

Seb flinched in surprise at the lights, but he still moved with resolve. “Be the hero you’ve always wanted to be, Zack.” He raised his right arm. “Henshin!”

Zack tensed his body, clenching his wings to his sides, spreading his legs a bit and lifting his face to the ceiling. “Henshin-a-go-go, baby!” A bright cocoon with a pink hue enveloped him, and after it shattered, his body was transformed. His crest became thicker and unruly, with a long red Ponytail-tail behind him and the feather bang over his face becoming larger. The brown feathers on his body turned orange, with his wings and tail sporting blue edges. “Behold the majesty of friendship incarnate!”

“Now take it away!” Seb exclaimed, pointing forward, with one hand holding his glasses.

The Mega-Pidgeot leapt towards Orzo, extending a wing at him. He was prepared to strike with a Thief attack.

Jack joined him, preparing a Fury Cutter from his leek. “Don’t forget you’re not alone, friend!”

Orzo pushed the birds away with a quick motion of his hand, in which he liberated a psychic blast at the two.

“Grraaah!” Zack landed on the ground hard. The floor was cracked from the force of the fall.

“I should’ve seen this coming…” Jack lied on the floor next to him, using his leak to stand back up. He was on his knees.

“Oh man.” Seb shook his hands in desperation. He looked around and noticed a gravitational pull that was dragging some debris towards a giant keyhole in midair. “Huh? What in the world?”

Jack slid along the floor a few meters back, turning around to see the keyhole. “Hey, a portal. It’s shaped like a key. It must be Clink’s.”

“Say what now?” Zack lifted his head towards where Jack was looking. “Oh, that look cool. If it looks like a key, yeah, it’s definitely a Klefki.”

“It’s likely it leads to somewhere safe compared to Orzo’s portals.”

Seb was hesitant as he looked at the keyhole. “Is that safe? I mean, I don’t wanna get kidnapped, but anywhere that isn’t where the King is should be safe. Better get going already.” He ran towards the keyhole, his birds following close behind.

Last edited:

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
It all happened so fast. They were just in her dorm. They were just talking to Hoopa. And now, everything was just…wrong.

Gone to absolute shit.

This was supposed to be a nice two weeks. A break from the bullshit. But she was Odette Cinq-Mars, a woman of Lamborne descent. She never got a break from bullshit. Ever.

Her fingers tightened around her gun as she watched the showdown between this Golden Motherfucker and the legends who had helped them along the way. They were barely landing hits, so what the actual fuck was her gun going to do?

She’d been reckless enough. As her anger pounded against the recesses of her brain, she at least had enough sense to know she was outmatched. She couldn’t afford to fully power Odile up here. They were all at HALF tHe power they normally would be if they were back home.

Simply put, they were fucked right now. All there was left to do was go for the portal.

Still grasping Steven’s sleeve, she pointed her gun toward the portal. “We have to move! There’s nothing—“

She didn’t finish talking before a piece of glass, sent flying by the blasts being exchanged, flew by and cut a gash into her temple.

“Ah!” she exchanged, bringing her hands up to nurse the cut.

“Are you okay?!” Enora screeched.

It was more blood than she cared for. But head wounds always bled the most. The sting of it caused her rage to surge, and she growled in response as she pulled her hand away from the open wound.

“I’m fucking fine.”

No, she wasn’t.

Nobody was going to be at the rate that barrage of glass and drywall was hurling toward them. The fighting Pokemon were way too into it to notice how much carnage they were causing. They’d never make it to the portal.

Sucking in a breath, she screamed.

ODILE, DEFENSIVE STANCE. DO NOT ENGAGE.”

The reaction was as instant as it ever was. The blood pouring down the side of Odette’s face glowed bright red, before a beam of light shot out to meet Odile. Her human form became shrouded and light, before it stretched and grew into her all powerful form.

S̶i̷l̵l̸y̴ ̷l̶i̶t̶t̶l̵e̸ ̵s̴t̶a̸r̵.̵.̶.̴ ̸y̵o̷u̸ ̷s̵h̴o̷u̶l̵d̴ ̵n̷o̷t̵ ̷h̴a̵v̶e̶ ̶i̸n̴t̸e̶r̴f̵e̴r̷e̶d̸.̵ ̴N̸o̷w̵ ̸I̵’̴m̶ ̵g̸o̴i̸n̸g̷ ̸t̴o̴ ̵e̵x̴t̵i̶n̴g̵u̸i̷s̴h̶ ̴y̵o̸u̴.̸”̷”
“Ḩ̸͚̹͚̳̤̂͊̐̈́́͘È̷̛̙̼͚̣͙Ẏ̸̧̢̨̻̩͙̒̄ ̷̡̨̨͈͔͉̜͗̋̔̀͒̌Ḍ̵̨͕̗̝͖͇͆̈̃͝Ì̸͔͇́̀C̷̟̈́̓̄͋̍͑̕͝K̶̢̜̭̅̉̉̏͋̍S̶̫̏Ĥ̸͙̒͛̇̈̃̚͘I̵͍̮͙̬̥͗̈̆͐̈́̆͜͝ͅT̵̤̫̮̒̀̀̃́͠.̷͖̜̰̲̹̻̪̾̑ͅ ̷͙͖̯̜̞͛̆̈́Ȋ̵̼̬̜̭͕̻̜̗͋’̶̰̟̥͑̽̋̔M̷̱̜̦͔͖̞̃̔̄̒̈̀̕ͅ ̵̢̦̱̞͉̍T̴̢͓̘̪͖͈͗̒͋Ḫ̴̫̰̰̆͛̊Ẻ̶̠̮̘̜ ̷̛̗͓̭̩̭̃͜͜Ǫ̶̧͈̘̠͇̭͊̾͜N̶̛̑̎͊̀̏͂͜L̶̥̜̺̗͂̓͊̉͂̽̂͜Y̵͎̱͎̐̎ ̴̹̺̻̃́͆͂́̄̽ͅƠ̷̢̼̞̟̺͂̿̔̓̄͝N̴̘̺̿̈́̈́͠͝E̴̝͔̩̾͊͒͐̌͗ ̸̢̦̪͚̀̇́̀̑͌̓W̴̛̺͔͆͌̌̄́H̷̛̼̱̫͎͍̟͆͒́O̴̲͚̪͇͇̜͗̂̄̋̇ ̸̻̙̲̗͉̮̗͍̈̍͋̅̈́Ģ̵͓͉̺̳̘̟͗̽Ě̷̢̼̲̣͚͚̲͇̌̓̽͌̈́̐͑T̷̡̡͇̣̪͗Ş̷͎̜̠͔̩͑̓͊̂̾͊ ̶̯̣͎̙̋͒T̸͖͑̒Ó̸̢̭͚̘͔̟̪ ̸̞̗͚̀̈́͗̄̕Ş̶̹͚̐̔P̷̖͍͎͈̉͐̽͂̀̓͠Ê̴̡̨̙̝͚͇̻̈́̀A̵̧̫̖̦̬̪͒Ḳ̶̏͛̌ ̷̥͍̉̽͊̐W̷̜̤͂I̴̧̡̛͓͔̝͔͙̼͑́̽̃̈͝T̸̞͔̘̩͖̝̱͒̊͛͘͝ͅH̶̳͈̜̭̞̃̈́ ̷̯̗̓̈́̽̈̑̑͐̒T̶͓̮̙͖̔̒̾Ḧ̷̫̠̣͈͍̦́͒̂̾̕Ȅ̸̡̗͚̹̥̂ ̸̤͙̜͐̆͛̂̐̅Ċ̵͈̲̈́͛̾̏̍̚ͅŖ̷̨̺̥̖̂́̑E̴̲̊̆̾̿̎̈́͋̋Ȩ̵̤̹͕̭͈̑͌P̵̨̫͉͆́̀͠͝Y̶̙͊̃̀ ̵̡̡͍͔̖̹̻͕͠T̶̗̓̀͂̈͒̆͘E̶̡̺̻̎͊̏͑X̷̼̃̋T̵̮̈̔̂,̶̧̨͚̺̱̏͂͊͋̚ ̴̗̪̮̜̍̑̑͌͘̕͠Y̴̡͎̘͉̋̈́̓̋̀̂̕Ơ̵̢̩̜͉̪̜̽̀̅̃̉U̷̘̩̲͒͂̾ͅ ̸̛̺͇̙̹̪̆́͘Ć̷̡̥̰̼̹̙̈͆͒̕A̸̼̞͂́͛͛ͅN̸̳͕͇̥̄͂̕’̶̧̬͇͆̃̇̀͝T̵̢̩͈͔̀̽̀ ̸͖̗͉̣͚̰́͂̌̅F̷̥̩̣̅͑̋͂̾͌͘͝U̶̼̠̙̠̮͈̘̇́̄C̸̬̻̥̏Ķ̴͓̜͉͎͍͈̀I̵͙̲̍̓̋̏̿͆̔Ń̶̢̛̖͓͚͔̰͂͗̀̈́̅͜͝Ĝ̶̳̹̞̫̪͒͗ ̸̧͔̫̀̆̈́̿̃̌͂Ĥ̷̥͑A̷̟̳̤̟̾̿̚͝N̸̩͖̺̩͈̫̖̤̍G̸̘͉̤͕̓̽̈̓̀͒̓̚.̵̹̉̽̾ͅ”̵̧̯͙̙̪̓͝she bellowed as she outstretched her wings, the glass and debris ricocheting off her jagged branches.

Odette did what she could to calm her breathing, before motioning to Enora and whoever happened to be standing by.

“We have clearance, lets move!”

She bolted for the portal, and let Enora jump in first before turning back to her dragon.

RETREAT WHEN EVERYONE IS IN.”

“S̵̨͍̻̱̬̿̂͐Ä̶̫͔̖̰̫̎͗͋̉̾͝Y̷̪̦͕̮̞̠̲͒͐͋̽̇̑̊͠ ̶̼̼͎̹̣̮͐ͅL̴̼̓̕Ē̸̹͗̈́̓͂̒̄͝Ş̷͕̞̀̆͗̕͘͝S̴̬̖̫̦͑̈̚͝.̶̤͙̠̼̜̮̠͙̑̇̿̔”̸̰͙͖͋͜

Odette nodded once, then jumped into the portal.

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
It all happened in a flash. One second they were all standing in Odette's dorm room, and the next he went from gaping at the Hoopa that Wes had been hiding in his coat to having Odette snatch his arm before they teleported with a pop into the Maw where hell, apparently, was just about to break loose.

The sprinklers petered off, and almost as if in slow motion, Orzo changed before their very eyes. Gold melted out from beneath his gray exterior, and his eyes changed from the amicable green that greeted Steven in Xavian's room earlier that day to a blood red that held no shred of mercy. The laugh he gave sent a chill down Steven's spine.

Odette's hand, still clamped around his sleeve, squeezed tight, and at his side Aggron's growl rose in intensity. None of them had time to react, though, as suddenly the wall beside them exploded in ghostly energy. Steven's gaze whipped to the side where Celebi had been floating, but the forest Mythical was gone, smashed into the wall behind them by a Shadow Ball.

Adrenaline hit Steven like a hammer, and he ducked closer to Odette's side, shouting for his partner over the chaos. "Aggron!"

The big steel type was already on the move before Steven's command, Protect's barrier flickering into place as he lunged in front of their little group. Orzo's attack had scattered most of the trainers apart, though, and he couldn't spread it wide enough to cover them all at once. Off to their left, the Latis crumpled to the ground, and Aggron staggered back a step as a psychic wave from Orzo slammed into his Protect.

The shield flickered for a moment, and through the blue hue Steven caught sight of a massive portal. A Golden ring, a shadowy interior, and suddenly he felt the pull of his feet being dragged across the floor. It was sucking them in.

Even Aggron's bulk was no match, and he dropped to all fours and dug his claws in, dropping Protect in his focus. Steven let himself slide until he slammed against Aggron's flank. He braced himself there, they weren't sliding as much now, and it gave him a second to look over his partner's shoulder at the portal.

He'd barely peeked around Aggron when there was a flash of pink. Steven squinted against the light, but despite the glare he watched helpless as their host was plucked from his seat at the table and hurled into the gaping ring.

Clink's screech echoed across the restaurant, and in his horror, Steven watched Xavian disappear. No, not disappear. He could see into the depths of the portal. Xavian joined the other figures inside. It was brief, but Steven was certain he saw a flicker of gold deep within the portal's shadows. The gold of a certain Nosepass. "Hayes!" he shouted in desperation, but his voice was lost in the fray.

Frantic, he turned to Odette. "The missing trainers are there!" He tried to point to Orzo's portal, but the two of them were suddenly pulled in the other direction, much harder this time.

He stumbled, still tethered in Odette's grip as she gestured with her gun at a second portal that had appeared-- "Wait where did you get a gun?" --but in that moment, another explosion sent debris flying. Steven shielded his face, but he heard Odette cry out. She'd been hit.

One moment he caught sight of blood running down Odette's face, the next another blinding light lit up the room, and suddenly it became a lot more crowded. Steven felt rather than heard Odile's voice as her human form melted away, replaced by a massive bramble dragon that filled the room.

Steven barely had time to register what happened before he was yanked again toward the glowing pink portal, finally being pulled free from Odette's grasp. Two blurs shot past on either side of Odile's huge form, one red one blue. In the background, Clink was thrown into a wall, and for a moment the pink portal flickered. But then Orzo's shriek of rage was heard even over Odile's bellowing, and the pink light of the portal surged in strength.

Aggron was pulled across the floor leaving jagged claw marks in his wake. The pink portal surged again, and as Steven felt his feet leave the ground, he reached out and grabbed ahold of one of Aggron's shoulder plates. The room was drowned in a cacophony of pokemon attacks, explosions, and shouting, but as Aggron reached up and practically bear hugged Steven to his side, he could feel the sound of his trainer's voice.

"I think it's okay!" Steven shouted, the portal dragging them both in. "It's okay to go!"

Aggron stared at Steven for a moment longer, uncertainty flashing in his eyes. But he trusted Steven, and if that's what he wanted then who was he to argue.

With one arm still carefully wrapped around his trainer, Aggron released his grip on the Maw's floor, and together they flew into the pink portal with a soft whoosh. And then, everything went quiet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom