Don’t underestimate seeds.
The 7 Day Fic Challenge
The 7 Day Fic Challenge is a time to reflect on the fics that have affected you, made you a better writer, or simply brightened your day. You actually have TWO WEEKS to finish, but there will be a new prompt for you every day. Each day this week, there will be a themed prompt.
⭐For folks participating in Blacklight, Namo has agreed to give 3 BLECs for folks who complete at least 3!⭐
Your response to each prompt should include:
- A link to the fic
- Something by you: a review (targeted at potential readers rather than the writer), a piece of artwork inspired by the fic, or an excerpt imitating the fic you’ve chosen.
You can comment directly on the thread!
I'll threadmark prompts so they're easy to find. At the end of the week, I'll make a post indexing all the prompts and recs for easy access. I'll also be cross-posting recs for authors who aren't on the TR fourms to the Rec and Review Archive.
Some additional guidelines:
- 250+ words suggested for reviews and imitations
- You cannot link to your own fic
- You cannot repeat a fic you have already used for a different prompt that month
- You can use a fic that someone else has linked to
- Only link fics you’ve read
- Linked fics do not have to be hosted on Thousand Roads
- What do you like about it? Who's your favorite character and why?
- Do you have a favorite scene or moment?
- What kind of reader would like this fic? Which other fics (or another piece of media) have you read that it reminds you of?
- Do you have any memories associated with the first time you read the fic or conversations you've had with the writer?
- How does the fic compare to the writer's other works?
- Does this fic make you want to try any new characters or writing techniques in your fics?
- Does the fic add something unique or important to the fandom? Does it shed a new light on an old concept? Did it make you think about a character or plot point differently?
This event is about showing love to fics you've enjoyed and to celebrate your relationship to the text. Even if everyone recs the exact same fics for each prompt, everyone could have a totally unique response to it! I can't wait to see which fics have touched you.
.Day 1: Let’s go to the beach! Share a fic that is set in Alola, features Alolan pokemon, or includes a major scene on a beach.
Day 2: Weather-ball! Share a fic in which the weather is important.
Day 3: Heatstroke! Share a fic featuring fire-type trainers or pokemon.
Day 4: Cool off and hydrate! Share a fic featuring ice- and water-type trainers or pokemon.
Day 5: Surf's up! Share a fic that features surfing on a pokemon, fishing, boats, or your favorite ship.
Day 6: Cocktail time! Share a fic with an element of world-building that you liked so much you put it in your own work.
Day 7: Bloc party! Share a fic that features trainers and pokemon having a good time!