• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Text Chat - IC

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
To: Serious Business
Sender: Cyberpunk_Cranberry

Uh, hey. I'm Kimiko. The girl with the other espeon. Spent the day with Odette, can confirm her findings. I do have a plan for tomorrow, barring any further developments. Odette knows, but for safety's sake I prefer to keep it between us. Will update tomorrow if/when I have anything to report. Hope everyone's keeping safe overnight.

Night 5 - An Idea

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
(Previously in the GGG Journer)​

Journer
Stargazing...

Gilded Gaggle of Goofs

#snom-talk
wingsofachampion: sorry about that

Sad Snom: What happened?

wingsofachampion: fell asleep.

Sad Snom: Oh.

Sad Snom: We thought you had gone missing, like you had mentioned was happening.

wingsofachampion: no, we're ok!

Sad Snom: That is good.

wingsofachampion: we can't leave. gen tried.

Sad Snom: You are trapped, then?

wingsofachampion: yeppers.

Sad Snom: This is troubling.

Sad Snom: Let's move this to #serious.
#serious
Delino: You think she's ok?

Tapestry: I hope so.

Ta Writeer: she has to be fine. shes been through so much already this cant take her down

MonDegreen: She's online!!

wingsofachampion: hiya friends!

Sad Snom: She just fell asleep. Everything seems to be ok.

Delino: WHEW

Tapestry: Please don't scare us like that.

MonDegreen: Thought something bad happened to you!

Ta Writeer: knew youd be ok!

wingsofachampion: anyways, we need help

wingsofachampion: clues.png

wingsofachampion: guestlist.png

Delino: Huh.

Ta Writeer: the victims are alive but not accesible by even a mythical

Ta Writeer: and theres grey flakes

Ta Writeer: might be the klefki

Delino: Oh, yeah!

Delino: Klefkis are said to be able to access a realm where mythicals reside.

Delino: Perhaps they're being held there?

Tapestry: But Klefkis can't learn Focus Blast or Flash, and they're not gold-colored

MonDegreen: Maybe it's two Pokemon working together??

Tapestry: Hypnos can use Focus Blast and Flash, might be the Hypno and the Klefki together?

Ta Writeer: that seems likely

wingsofachampion: ok! thanks friends!

Tapestry: Not a problem. Stay safe out there, Wings

MonDegreen: Good luck solving the mystery!

Ta Writeer: take care

Delino: Rooting for you!

Sad Snom: We believe in you.
Sender: wingsofachampion

i talked to some of my friends from my world, and they came up with an idea! they think it might be clink and honzo working together, and the grey flakes might be from clink!

Last edited:

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
Group Chat: Serious Business

aCleverUsername:
...Wait, you can still communicate with those in your original world? Huh.

Anyways, I did some snooping around with Violet. Klefki showed no signs of damages, scratches, or flaking; it is unlikely that Klefki was the attacker from last night.
They had a bunch of different keys on them — some for padlocks or lockers rather than doors, a set of car keys and a master key (probably for the dorms). There were a bunch of odd ones too. Nothing that I describe as "sinister-looking", but just bent and not really all that practical.

Here, I drew them out:
[Image attached: key_sketches.png]

Not much else to report on Klefki's appearance. But when were observing them and Xavian, they were trying to call upon Jirachi to "try to save the trainers". Either our position was compromised and they were feeding us false information, or our host's intentions are truly genuine. I'm inclined to believe the latter... if only because there are too many obvious clues were he actually involved in all this. Would be way too sloppy for a man who seemingly coordinated a multiversal get-together.

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea

aCleverUsername:
Thanks to investigation efforts by Steven Stone himself, we've been able to gather some valuable clues.

First off, he was able to meet with Latios and Latias. Apparently, the mythical Pokémon duo had been ambushed by the culprit last night at the training arena, in the grassy field.

Second, the two mythical Pokémon are on our side. They had tried to fend off the culprit, but could not fight back; they could only escape. Thankfully they are unharmed.

Finally, the assault had been described much like the one that Nosepass and their trainer encountered: a searing white light flash, followed by an all-encompassing, suffocating darkness. They were not able to get a good look at them from my understanding.

I must emphasize that we all travel in groups as much as possible, and that we do not go out at night. If two Mythical Pokémon aren't able to face this culprit, whatever it is, then we shouldn't try to play hero either. We need to be smart and methodical about our approach.

@everyone I propose we meet up at the Training Arena immediately and begin investigating.

There may still be clues left behind from the battle. Maybe we'll even get lucky and find the Latis to get witness statements from.

Do not tell any of the staff about this. There's still a chance one of them could be an accomplice, and we want to ensure all evidence remains in tact.

See you all soon, and stay safe.

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea

aCleverUsername:
Hey everyone, quick updates on our investigation at the Arena —

• Signs of the attack were where the victims were, as well as on trees and one on a broken training dummy. We identified these as mostly likely coming from 'Orb'-shaped moves based on the markings.
  • Normal, Psychic, and Ghost type energies were found lingering. That first one I hypothesize is the same one used in the Nosepass's encounter. The Ghost-type one, however, warrants further investigation.
  • We also found more of those gray flakes. They disintegrated upon touch.
  • The flakes did not smell of ash, smoke, or metal; it was more akin to a pungent chemical plastic-like scent.
  • Those flakes had a sweet, almost-berry like hint to their scent as well.
Will keep you all posted on any further developments.

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
Sender: Cyberpunk_Cranberry

Quick update of my own. Went to find Celebi. Thought I could go back before one of the other trainers were taken and see who the culprit was. We did find Celebi, but she was worried that time traveling like that would make us larger targets. Not just me but all of us, so... Suffice to say that I'm no closer to solving this mystery than I was this morning. However, Olivia (my espeon) did manage to secure Celebi's assistance if we need her in the future. So I guess we can count that as a win. Sorry it's not as much as I'd hoped to provide, but a mythic's cooperation counts for something, I think. It's still an option on the table if we decide we're desperate enough in the coming days to risk it, though. So just lmk I guess.

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Hanafuda: Dyes? Idk but ya tink dat bad guy wud try 2 paint demself 2 confuse us?
Hanafuda: Sorry, Zack likes messing around with the keyboard. Part of me thinks he does all these typos on purpose because he thinks they look cool.
Hanafuda: But seriously, it’s kinda weird. If any of those berries could dye you yellow, maybe the kidnapper would’ve done that to make us believe either Hypno or Alakazam was the real culprit. Big chance for a red Magikarp there.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
To: Kimiko
To: Laura and Gladion (Multiverse)

Going to find Jirachi out in the woods right now. Just letting you know in case I don’t come back. Please don’t announce it to the world, I don’t want to draw a crowd. If you have time, you can come find me. ‘Wish’ me luck.

Last edited:

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump

Going to find Jirachi out in the woods right now. Just letting you know in case I don’t come back. Please don’t announce it to the world, I don’t want to draw a crowd. If you have time, you can come find me. ‘Wish’ me luck.
Conversation With: Two Contacts

Interesting. Will make sure not to let any serial killers know. I won't be able to attend, but please do let me know how it goes. Hazel might have a vested interest.

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
Conversation With: Gladion

aCleverUsername:
Hey Gladion, it's Hazel. I just wanted to ask if it would be okay if your Hazel and I had that chat we tried to planned a couple of days ago before all this stuff happened. I know it's not relevant to the kidnapping stuff, but... I want to ask her about some of the stuff regarding our 'homes', if you catch my drift. It's been on my mind since that day. I've been remembering stuff that I don't think I was meant to.

I get it if you're busy though. Violet's pretty antsy herself, especially since this requires the four of us and Manaphy all in one spot. I'm gonna make contact with the mythical now and see if they're on board with it. I think they trust us, at least... and heck, maybe if we're lucky they might know something new, too. Let me know what you think. At the very least, I'll keep you updated on what they have to say.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Conversation With: Gladion

aCleverUsername:
Hey Gladion, it's Hazel. I just wanted to ask if it would be okay if your Hazel and I had that chat we tried to planned a couple of days ago before all this stuff happened. I know it's not relevant to the kidnapping stuff, but... I want to ask her about some of the stuff regarding our 'homes', if you catch my drift. It's been on my mind since that day. I've been remembering stuff that I don't think I was meant to.

I get it if you're busy though. Violet's pretty antsy herself, especially since this requires the four of us and Manaphy all in one spot. I'm gonna make contact with the mythical now and see if they're on board with it. I think they trust us, at least... and heck, maybe if we're lucky they might know something new, too. Let me know what you think. At the very least, I'll keep you updated on what they have to say.
Conversation With: Hazel (Not that one)

Hazel's interested enough that I can't really say no in good consciousness.
Good luck getting permission after that whole thing last time.
Hopefully it works out.

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
To: Kimiko

To: Odette

Don't say that. You'll come back or I'll come drag you back. You're not going missing while I'm here. Hope you've got backup. If not I can join shortly. Olivia wanted a sparring match and found those weird birds at the beach. Where are you looking? I found Celebi in Overgrow Forest. Would Jirachi be there too? .....Good luck.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Conversation With: Odette

Did all go well with Jirachi? I know it's a long shot, even someplace as ridiculous as this, but... Hazel's life expectancy, or rather, her lack thereof has been weighing on my mind lately. And I'm also to understand that you're acutely aware of painful her helmet can be.
I know I can't really expect to just wish all her health complications away, but it would be remiss of me as a partner to not even ask.
So. You know. Is there a chance or not?
[ @Sinderella ]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
To: Gladion (Multiverse)

Went extremely well. I have a lot to share with you but don’t want to put it in writing because I promised to keep it on the down low. But we managed something…pivotal for us.

All I will tell you for now is that if your bond is strong enough, you can help her. That I’m fairly certain of.

I hope you do. Nobody deserves to live with that massive fucking thing on their head, especially not Hazel.

If might be a bit before Jirachi comes out again; she’s very spent. But I think it’s worth it to go find her. If you do, she likes when people ask for her input on wishes. You can also tell her you’re a trusted friend of mine; I think it’ll be good sway 🙂
@Shiny Phantump

Top Bottom