• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Text Chat - IC

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Feel free to use this thread for characters to text each other! Whether it's checking in, sharing clues or posting bad memes.

Just make it clear who the recipient is and tag them! This thread can be used at all hours.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
[[ Just recording Gladion's previous SMS history here for convenience]]

Night 3
Conversation With: Hazel (Not that one)

This is Gladion. Phone is hooked up now.
Someone showed Hazel and I a sign language she can use. I can convey messages to/from her.
Hope all is well.

Conversation With: Two Contacts

Hope I'm not waking either of you up. Stuck with precautions on the mind.
Hazel's ball doesn't have a safety release. I'd destroy and replace it but there's no getting her microchip replaced.
I would like to leave the ball with one of you two so it's not on my person in the worst case.
Or maybe that's a bad idea.

Day 3 Manaphy Setup:
Conversation With: Two Contacts

Either of you free? If we want to find a mythical species, I think I caught a glimpse of a Manaphy in the cove. Meet me at the cafe if interested. Only got two contacts other than you two here so please feel free to let other people you consider trustworthy know.

Hey, any luck with the caverns? Going looking for mythical species in a bit, think I might’ve spotted a Manaphy? If you’re interested I’ll be at the cafe. I’ve only got, like, three other contacts here so if you’ve got others who’re worth trusting, feel free to let them know.
Conversation With: Wallace

Hey you’re interested in Manaphy, right? I think there was a sighting in the cove we last chatted in. Meet me in the cafe if you’re free, bring anyone else you think is trustworthy if you want.

Day 3 Post-Manaphy Exchange with Hazel:
Conversation With: Gladion

I can't believe something like that just happened... I hope those officers can give that sicko what he deserves.
I think now more than ever we'll need a group chat with your trusted contacts. We need to stick together and make sure we can avoid any encounters with the kidnappers and those kinds of awful people.

Also... would you be up for a chat at the cove again tomorrow? I want to talk to Hazel again... if that's alright.

Hope you're hanging in there.

What a day, right? Worst injury I’ve gotten before, even if it wasn’t really mine. Dude must have followed us from somewhere, he definitely was NOT invited.

A chat sounds good to me. Hazel’s been interested in talking to you, too.
Conversation With: Gladion

I'll try to keep a better lookout next time. 😣 At least now everyone is aware. We can give each other a quick text if he spot him so we can stay clear when possible.
Just relieved that you and Hazel are okay.

I appreciate it, Gladion! I just need to let Violet take a bit of a cat nap first. 😉 She's been out of it all day.

I might also try to get in touch with Manaphy again... just to let Hazel get a chance to speak. I haven't asked Violet yet if she's on board with the idea but I wanted to get your approval first. No rush though... I know it's a lot to ask after what just happened.

And get some sleep tonight too. I know Hazel's got your back, just like I've got Vi's.

Not sure I’m keen on showing my face in front of Manaphy again. If I were them I wouldn’t be keen on showing up again.

If we were certain the people swapped wouldn’t be random again I guess I wouldn’t be opposed but I’m not going to be the one to ask this time.

Definitely going to bed early today. I’ve had more than enough for one day.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Conversation With: Odette

I'm not sure if this means you've recovered from existential mortality, or if it means you've suffered permanent brain damage from it.
To: Gladion (multiverse)

u cant suffer from brain damage when u dont have NEmore dyin cells :>

To: Gladion (multiverse)

real talk how does feelin ur cells constantly dying not drive u fukin crazy

W. Papadakis: I suppose not

Hello. This is Wallace. I have my Pokénav again.

Oh

Oh dear

Odile, I see you’re here.

Text messaging might not be the best place to word an apology, but I’m deeply sorry that I called you a puny little gremlin.
To: Wallace

learned ur lesson huh

real talk its fine it would have been rly funny if i didn't feel ur cells dyin

and that cut u got me wuz sic but enora healed it like a bitch

by the way have u ever considered seein a therapiss or does the name turn u off, im takin a survei

*survey

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
Conversation with: Odette

Oh, Odile! I had setup the contact between Odette and I's phones during the swap just as a precaution, but I did not realize you were able to text, too! Out of curiosity, is your outer moss amorphous, or is it more akin to a Bulbasaur's vines?

I have many questions actually, though I don't want to keep Violet awake with the blue light from this screen, so I'll keep it brief!

First of all: nice meme! :wink: I have no idea where it's from, but it seems like your world's got some fun cartoons.

Second of all: How are you three holding up? What happened back then was crazy.
@Sinderella

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu

Oh, Odile! I had setup the contact between Odette and I's phones during the swap just as a precaution, but I did not realize you were able to text, too! Out of curiosity, is your outer moss amorphous, or is it more akin to a Bulbasaur's vines?

I have many questions actually, though I don't want to keep Violet awake with the blue light from this screen, so I'll keep it brief!

First of all: nice meme! :wink: I have no idea where it's from, but it seems like your world's got some fun cartoons.

Second of all: How are you three holding up? What happened back then was crazy.
@Sinderella
To: Hazel (Weavile)

i had to goggle wut amorphous means but i think i understand

they change wen i change so i guess so. y tho? i already swapped with a mortal once, i donut want to do it again >:<

BUT THX FOR ACKNOWLEDGEDGIN MY MEME NOBODY FUKIN GETS IT

nd im free from the shakles of mortality so i am ok. i would like to break that mans neck tho. very upset i could not. bullets borin >:<

enora iz fine but enora is always fine

odette is in infirmary sleepin. her burn was actin up again and her cream wasnt helpin so nurse joy rubbed some weird berry shit on it and it seems to be better

but she wuz very O_O about it nd didnt let her leave so still here. its small.

idk why i told u all that

prob cuz u liked my meme, ur a homie for that

real talk tho y doesnt ur trainer kno to b or not to b

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
To: Odile

W. Papadakis: Is my body that screwed up, or is it a demon to human thing? /gen

I’m glad blood and my suffering brought you some joy. However, I’m going to have to side with Enora. Blood is scary.

I think you mean therapist?

Well

I guess you’ve seen the worst of me, so I might as well be transparent.

I’ve seen about three therapists across the past five or so years, and I really ought to go back to therapy considering…

I was starting to consider it even before this “vacation”, but now I should go back *especially* because of this.

p sure its just a human thing, u all have that bullshit i guess

>:< and blood isnt scary blood is fine

but am biased

also wtf do u MEAN its not therapiss????

CLOVIS STOP FUKIN TEXTIN HER AND GO TO BED SHES FINE

oo woops wrong number hang on

srry odettes bfs keep txtin her they're both pansies sometimes

anyways ok ill put you down for somebody who sees therapisses

*theraposts

*THERAPISTS

i dont kno what im doin with this information i wuz just askin a question

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea

i had to goggle wut amorphous means but i think i understand

they change wen i change so i guess so. y tho? i already swapped with a mortal once, i donut want to do it again >:<

BUT THX FOR ACKNOWLEDGEDGIN MY MEME NOBODY FUKIN GETS IT

nd im free from the shakles of mortality so i am ok. i would like to break that mans neck tho. very upset i could not. bullets borin >:<

enora iz fine but enora is always fine

odette is in infirmary sleepin. her burn was actin up again and her cream wasnt helpin so nurse joy rubbed some weird berry shit on it and it seems to be better

but she wuz very O_O about it nd didnt let her leave so still here. its small.

idk why i told u all that

prob cuz u liked my meme, ur a homie for that

real talk tho y doesnt ur trainer kno to b or not to b

I see, I see! Thank you for the quick insight. I may have more questions about your physiology later — especially in regards to that immortality you are alluding to — if you don't mind asking! The practical applications of such regenerative properties in the field of medicine or even materials science would be world-shaking, to say the least!

I'm glad Enora is doing fine, but oh no! I hope your trainer recovers soon. 😣 Perhaps it's a sign of an infection that her body isn't used to resisting? Who knows what kinds of strange pathogens exist in these other worlds?

And aw thank you! Here's one of my own:

(An image is attached of very bewildered Violet trying to eat pizza by scooping up the cheese with a spoon. The caption reads: [visible confusion])

To Be or Not to Be? I'm assuming that's an old poem of sorts based on the title. I can't say I've ever heard of it myself, though I can ask her later if she has.

Also, out of curiosity, was "crawling in your phone lines" literal? I know Rotom can do that but they've been pretty well-behaved on this trip. I think they're just vibing happily because I take so many notes on the phone.

Last edited:

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu

I see, I see! Thank you for the quick insight. I may have more questions about your physiology later — especially in regards to that immortality you are alluding to — if you don't mind asking! The practical applications of such regenerative properties in the field of medicine or even materials science would be world-shaking, to say the least!

I'm glad Enora is doing fine, but oh no! I hope your trainer recovers soon. 😣 Perhaps it's a sign of an infection that her body isn't used to resisting? Who knows what kinds of strange pathogens exist in these other worlds?

And aw thank you! Here's one of my own:

(An image is attached of very bewildered Violet trying to eat pizza by scooping up the cheese with a spoon. The caption reads: [visible confusion])

To Be or Not to Be? I'm assuming that's an old poem of sorts based on the title. I can't say I've ever heard of it myself, though I can ask her later if she has.

Also, out of curiosity, was "crawling in your phone lines" literal? I know Rotom can do that but they've been pretty well-behaved on this trip. I think they're just vibing happily because I take so many notes on the phone.

man ur another one of those science bozos r u

fukin Virtue scientists b askin me that kinda shit all the time where im from i bet i could just fax u their shit

do u even kno what a fax machine is, its crazy, ill tell u about it

real talk ive been around since the universe was a void so ig that meenz im kinda old. years werent a thing wen i was a bab but liek they make things a lot ezier idk y we never thought of it

anyway houndoom bites are a bitch nd a half to deal with where we're from super finicky

so im sure its that

whatever that fuckin freak threw at us did it so mayB shes a zombie now

no shes fine, i shouldnt say that, thats meen

ALSO U TAKE DUMB PICTURES OF UR TRAINER TOO?????????????

i like u ur cool, ill put u on my leave alone list :>

and idk what 2 b or not 2b really is, its a sonnet, and this guy i kno recites it a lot in a dumb voice and it sounds like how ur trainer talks so i thot she could do it too i thot it would make every1 laugh nd stop yellin

also do i look like a rotom to u

i crawl in a lot of things

like a ghost

im kinda like a ghost but i think im scarier >:>

W. Papadakis: therapy (n.) 1846, "medical treatment of disease," from Modern Latin therapia, from Greek therapeia "curing, healing, service done to the sick; a waiting on, service," from therapeuein "to cure, treat medically," literally "attend, do service, take care of"

Where did you hear the vulgar “therapiss”? /gen

Wait you’re getting service across the multiverse????

How??!?!?!?!?!

Okay hold on I think I’ve figured it out.

One second I need to tell my wife and partner and sister that I’m not dead.

Okay I’m back.

If you heard someone sobbing across the hallway in the infirmary, I swear it wasn’t me.

Look, as long as you don’t tell the press of my world, I’m fine with you having that information.

look buddy i kno what a damn dictionary is

evry1 says it so damn fast i thot thats what the word was, sheesh

idfk how odettes phone is getting service, one of her boyfriends has like a billion $$$ so i think he just pays for the service to work

or somethin

i hear sobbin in my dreamz, makes 4 good sleep

wen i do sleep i dont get tired often :>

the only thing the press in my world seems to care about is when clovis, guzma, and odette r gunna have a baby

or wut theyre wearing

idk why press would want a group of ppl who are all seeing theraposts nd still wake up at night screamin over bad things to have a baby, that seems so counterproductive

babies would make that worse??????

press is fuckin weird, at least talk about warfare or somethin else more interestin

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea

man ur another one of those science bozos r u

fukin Virtue scientists b askin me that kinda shit all the time where im from i bet i could just fax u their shit

do u even kno what a fax machine is, its crazy, ill tell u about it

real talk ive been around since the universe was a void so ig that meenz im kinda old. years werent a thing wen i was a bab but liek they make things a lot ezier idk y we never thought of it

anyway houndoom bites are a bitch nd a half to deal with where we're from super finicky

so im sure its that

whatever that fuckin freak threw at us did it so mayB shes a zombie now

no shes fine, i shouldnt say that, thats meen

ALSO U TAKE DUMB PICTURES OF UR TRAINER TOO?????????????

i like u ur cool, ill put u on my leave alone list :>

and idk what 2 b or not 2b really is, its a sonnet, and this guy i kno recites it a lot in a dumb voice and it sounds like how ur trainer talks so i thot she could do it too i thot it would make every1 laugh nd stop yellin

also do i look like a rotom to u

i crawl in a lot of things

like a ghost

im kinda like a ghost but i think im scarier >:>

Guilty as charged! 😝
Wow, you guys still use a fax machine? Well, I guess we still had one back the lab, but I don't have anything like that on hand anymore. Can you e-mail those papers? Better than houndooming you with all my questions.

Oh that's just the start of my trove of strange behaviors Violet's shown. My father had wanted us to record it to study how someone displaced in time reacts to the present, but... I think it's just neat! Violet can be really silly sometimes.

I see, so the sonnet is a canonical work in your world then! Heh, I wonder if Vi's ever quoted anything without me even realizing it?
Hey, if you really want to get everyone to laugh, you should try to get her to dance to rock. Imagine a punk headbanging while trying to do ballroom moves! ...Honestly would love to learn to dance myself one of these days.

I don't know; Rotom have taken some pretty wild shapes before!
Heheh well if that's the case then maybe you could scare our serial kidnapper into telling us where everyone went, huh? :wink:

Ah, sorry to cut this short, but Vi's moaning about how bright the light is. She's got a hard time dealing with all the nightlife stuff in the present; we have to sometimes go out of the city and pitch a tent just so she can sleep. I keep telling her to just wear an eyemask but she keeps talking about this weird superstition about how ghosts can eat your dreams if you put it on in your sleep.

Ridiculous! Ghosts can do that already. It's science.

Anyways, sleep well — if you do sleep. We can chat more tomorrow, fellow cool 'mon. 😎

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
wingsofachampion @ All Contacts:

Hi! It's been really cool meeting you all! You're all really nice that I've met! And so many of you are humans! That's so cool!

I heard we're all from different worlds! What are your worlds like?

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Hanafuda: Hi. This is Jack.
Hanafuda: N Zack
Hanafuda: We’re talking through Seb’s phone. He’s asleep right now, but he let us use it. Don’t mind the username—that’s what he prefers to use when online.
Hanafuda: Man check us out 2 birb doods hangin out on da phone vibin wit dese oder peeps
Hanafuda: Please, don’t mind Zack. He’s having fun with the keyboard.
Hanafuda: Anyway, hope you don’t mind if I ask this, but I’d like to talk about the case. Anything we might not know?
Hanafuda: O yah almos forgor did ya get da baddy?

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu

Guilty as charged! 😝
Wow, you guys still use a fax machine? Well, I guess we still had one back the lab, but I don't have anything like that on hand anymore. Can you e-mail those papers? Better than houndooming you with all my questions.

Oh that's just the start of my trove of strange behaviors Violet's shown. My father had wanted us to record it to study how someone displaced in time reacts to the present, but... I think it's just neat! Violet can be really silly sometimes.

I see, so the sonnet is a canonical work in your world then! Heh, I wonder if Vi's ever quoted anything without me even realizing it?
Hey, if you really want to get everyone to laugh, you should try to get her to dance to rock. Imagine a punk headbanging while trying to do ballroom moves! ...Honestly would love to learn to dance myself one of these days.

I don't know; Rotom have taken some pretty wild shapes before!
Heheh well if that's the case then maybe you could scare our serial kidnapper into telling us where everyone went, huh? :wink:

Ah, sorry to cut this short, but Vi's moaning about how bright the light is. She's got a hard time dealing with all the nightlife stuff in the present; we have to sometimes go out of the city and pitch a tent just so she can sleep. I keep telling her to just wear an eyemask but she keeps talking about this weird superstition about how ghosts can eat your dreams if you put it on in your sleep.

Ridiculous! Ghosts can do that already. It's science.

Anyways, sleep well — if you do sleep. We can chat more tomorrow, fellow cool 'mon. 😎

...do we still use a fax machine? Idfk i probably broke it at some point, odettes bf rly likes challenging me to not break shit and i do it just to see him make a mad face

i probably dont have access tho, super top secret

at least where im from

also odette knows how to dance ask her to teach u

she does it competitively

i have a weavile friend named frosting who used to figure skate and she is also v good at the dancing thing so clearly u weavile have the capacity 4 it or somethin

and real talk wen we find the dude i might just kill him

or her

i dont discriminate, evry1 has the same insides :>

also yea thats dumb ive definitely fucked around with ppl with eyemasks on

dumbass

sleep tight, ill stay out of your mirrors too :>
W. Papadakis: Well

Actually never mind.

Babies are nice. :>

But I can relate to the "press howling at people about having children" sentiment.

Even when you *want* children, it can be exhausting.

i feel like babies would be rly chewy?

idfk ive never chewed on a baby

if odette had one i would probably lightly gnaw on it

like not even enough to leave a mark just like a little nom

they have thicc thighs it wouldnt even feel it

fellow toddler because odette likes calling me a toddler :>

wait what if im already the house baby

in that case they deff dont need a baby i am already baby :>

i will now start requesting baby bottles from clovis and see how long it takes him to yell at me

his fuse is really long but i like breaking it down :>

NEway goodnight dont let the kidnappers bite

Last edited:

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
Group Chat: Serious Business

Hey everyone, this is Hazel (the Weavile one). I'm setting up this group chat so we can share notes about the ongoing investigation and put a lid on these kidnappers as soon as humanly possible.

Please invite any other trusted contacts that were on the S.S. Trousselin, but no one else — we can't be certain that anyone else is not a suspect.
Do not share this information with anyone that was not on the S.S. Trousselin.

With that disclaimer out of the way, allow me to share with you what Steven, Aggron, and the officers have been able to share:

• The kidnappers have taken Mightyena and her trainer.
  • Traces of dark, normal, psychic and a pulse of fighting energy, were uncovered at the scene after.
  • It is likely the fighting-type energy was what defeated Mightyena, and the dark-type energy was her defending herself.
  • The Nosepass that was on the other ship was a witness, and tried to stop them, but the attacker used Flash got away.
  • I believe it is reasonable to assume that Nosepass attempted to use Block on our teleporting culprit, yet they were able to escape.
  • Finally, Aggron found that there were gray flakes were chipped off during scuffle, and no footprints could be traced from the attacker.
Feel free to add to this list based on your own findings. Stay safe everyone.

Group Chat: Shenanigans

Hey everybody, Hazel the Weavile again. I made this second group chat as a more lighthearted one in case we need a breather. Do not share any information or make reference to any information from the Serious Business chat anywhere else, including here.

Have fun with this one otherwise, and keep it clean, please.

Last edited:

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Group Chat: Serious Business

liminal_lacrimose: Thanks for this, W. Hazel x

liminal_lacrimose: This is laura weir btw - speaking for noivern malachai and inteleon sleet too i guess

liminal_lacrimose: Just a thought, everyone - we might wanna get some serious investigation done at the start of the day for discussion later, lmk if you have any bright ideas about what to investigate. Pretty sure i wanna go after the klefki today unless someone's already done that

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
To: Serious Business

Hey everyone. Odette here. If you received a really obnoxious message from my Pokemon friend last night, I apologize. She's a dumbass.

Not the Sylveon, the other one.

The Alakazam trainer challenged me to a battle. I have no intention of losing, so that'll be my focus for now 🙂

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu

Odette here. Still in the training arena. Per my battle, the Alakazam knows Focus Blast, Calm Mind, Psychic, and Charge Beam. Charge Beam was definitely recently taught, though I'm not quite sure how helpful that is right now. Just making note.

Noro and Alakazam were on their way to the lounge when Reena vanished. Have both since kept back due to suspicion. Both were definitely telling the truth about that. Also, Alakazam's spoons were in immaculaHOLY FUCK THEY WERE SO SHINY AND CLEAN BUT HE'D NEVER PUT THEM IN A DISHWASHER BUT I ASKED IF THEY WERE DISHWASHER SAFE A o;a. e.j'pw SJKL[eo 20128 ?S/A;/.........;WA',,,,,,

Last edited:

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu

I'm sorry, it seems I got hacked by a fucking lunatic.

As I was saying, the spoons looked undamaged, so I can confirm the grey matter found at the scene did not come from them.

Anyway, willing to leave Noro and Alakazam alone for now. Noro just seems like a cocky brat who needs somebody to knock a little sense into him, and Alakazam is pretty pleasant.

Should also note that Alakazam mentioned speaking to the Xatu before it disappeared with its partner. Said it was very interested in being here. Also unsure if that's helpful, but we never met them and I feel like any information we get is worth mentioning. Because we still know next to fucking nothing.

Still holding a little suspicion, but I'll be turning my attention elsewhere in the meantime.

Last edited:
Top Bottom