• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Pokémon Sutoraiku High

Sutoraiku High
  • Dragonfree

Staff
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers
    Partners
    1. butterfree
    2. mightyena
    3. charizard
    4. scyther-mia
    5. vulpix
    6. slugma
    Sutoraiku High is a visual novel about drama, friendships, prejudice, bullying, total societal upheaval, and high school romance - by which I mean it is a Scyther dating sim. Have you always wanted to date a Scyther? Stand against abusive authorities alongside a revolutionary-minded Scizor? You have come to the right video game.

Content warnings: this game features some violence, dark themes, and sensual descriptions of scythes.

This started as an April Fools' Day joke last year, and accordingly, the setting and premise are pretty silly and absurd, there's a bit of fourth-wall-breaking and intentional tropeyness, etc. Within that setting and premise, I'm trying to tell a semi-legitimate story about some Scyther, a Scizor, their interpersonal troubles, and their horrific abusive teacher.

In particular, this is a branching narrative; a large part of the intended point here is learning about what's going on with all the characters, rather than just picking the one you want to date and 'maxing them out'. There are no relationship stats, just a lot of branches and conditionals based on what you've found out and how your actions have influenced the characters, and getting the 'best' ending for a character isn't necessarily achieved by fixating on them and ignoring everyone else. So if you do just a single playthrough, I'd be thrilled to hear your thoughts, but that's essentially just one chapter of a multi-chapter story, so review accordingly.

I'm still hoping to add to and polish up the game from here, so feedback would be appreciated! Not everything I'd theoretically like to do with a game like this writing-wise would be quite feasible without turning this into a project on a much larger scale than it is, so there are definitely bits I already consider kind of hamfisted or lacking but hard to manageably fix, but I'd love to hear any thoughts and impressions regardless.

Sutotaiku Legends
  • Dragonfree

Staff
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers
    Partners
    1. butterfree
    2. mightyena
    3. charizard
    4. scyther-mia
    5. vulpix
    6. slugma
    Sutoraiku Legends is the ambitious visual novel sequel to the highly acclaimed Sutoraiku High. In the grand tradition of Pokémon Legends: Arceus, the spinoff-slash-sequel features more action, noticeably inflated life-and-death stakes, and being isekaied to the Hisui region to calm the noble Kleavor.

Please note that the game contains violence and existential horror and should be considered a PG-13.

(The game is best played after the first game - it spoils Sutoraiku High’s endings - but does not technically require it.)

(Also, thank you all very much for all the feedback that I never got around to replying to!)

Top Bottom