• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Pokémon Sun: Ai Shiteru Yo & I'm thankful you found me (Twoshot in one post)

Alira

Galarian adventurer!
Pronouns
She/her
(BIG NOTE! These were written in 2017, so my writing has MASSIVELY improved since then, so I apologize if my grammar and everything is horrible ^^:::: )

(Mild content warning: These oneshots depict a romantic relationship between a human-passing pokemon Lucario/human hybrid raised as a human and a pokemon, if such content disturbs you, please click away.)

This is a picture of the hybrid, Megan Lucarina in question as I don't know when I'll be able to add her to my pokemon oc masterlist.

Oneshot #1: Ai Shiteru Yo

In Megan's POV throughout.

Male pokemon speaking: Translated Text is Bolded, italicized and Underlined.
Female Pokemon speaking: Translated text is bolded and italicized.
All translated text are in this [test] speech bubble regardless.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I rolled over, huffing in annoyance as my blanket got tangled around my legs before sitting up to undo the mess my moving around caused.

Why can't I sleep? I've been in bed for hours after moving boxes into this new house, getting my bedroom along with the living room set up, it's the middle of the night and I just can't sleep, even though all my pokemon were asleep in their own beds around my room, even Darkrai.

My mind kept flashing back to earlier to when my foot caught on a coffee table and I started to trip, almost falling on my face if Greninja didn't run over and catch me before I hit the ground.

I remember the feeling of his arms around my form vividly, it was hard to not think about how securely he held me, how I felt his breath on my shoulder when he said "Gren, ninja, greninja?" clearly asking if I was okay even though my brain was busy with other things than translating what he said exactly and how warm his embrace was-

I fall back onto my pillows before rolling over and burying my face in a pillow with a silent groan.

Why oh why can't I stop thinking about that? But it wasn't the first time I couldn't stop thinking about something Greninja did.

There was the time he was helping me move boxes around and he took a rather heavy box from me, his webbed hands grazing mine as he took it, causing a blush to dance across my features.

I wanted to yell, he was a fricken Pokemon for goodness sake! How on earth am I attracted to him?!

I couldn't stay in bed, I'd wake them up with my twitching or rolling around, so I quietly got out of bed before leaving the room, deep in thought.

Well.... He didn't really act like a Pokemon if I thought about it, he acted the most, dare I say it, human out of all my pokemon aside from Darkrai and a few others. If I asked him a question, he'd answer it the best he could because of the language barrier between us, he was very kind and considerate to me, along with helping me out with whatever he could.

Thinking of all the things he did to help me and for me made me feel warm and fuzzy inside, but it did nothing to quell the storm of a dilemma in my mind.

This.... Wasn't right, I don't think. Since when was a trainer attracted to one of their own Pokemon? Though my mom joking on how my father was a pokemon often when I was a child didn't help my view on the whole 'a pokemon and human falling in love' thing.

Not to mention the things I hid under my hair to avoid attention....

My mind flickered to the story "Beauty and the beast", where a man was turned into a Zoroark before a woman named Belle found him and eventually fell in love with him, turning him back into a human, though my mother and I both agreed we preferred him as a Zoroark.

It wasn't wrong then, but.... He was originally a human, so I don't think it applies to me and my feelings.

I breath deeply before sitting on the couch, having walked down the stairs from the second floor to the living room while in my thoughts.

Okay, let try to think of how this happened...

My mind flashed to when I first met him, first impressions are everything...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

"O-Oh, hello, I'm Megan Lucarina." I said politely as I gave a bow to both the boy and girl in front of me, both having raven black hair and grey eyes. "It's v-very nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet ya too Meggy, and no need to be so nervous!" The girl grinned brightly at me. "We won't bite ya! I'm Moon Sky Light, this is my brother Sun Skight Light."

"It's a pleasure to meet you Megan." Sun grinned and playfully winked at me, causing me to blush slightly. "Say, are you a pokemon trainer? You sure look the part."

"I do?" I quickly look myself over, making the two chuckle before I look up in embarrassment. "I guess I do a bit, but I assure you, I'm not one yet, I don't even have a pokemon."

The lie at the end flowed from my mouth smoothly, hiding the fact Darkrai was hiding in my very shadow at that moment.

"Ah, I see." Sun looked to be in thought as his sister started asking me questions, like was Kalos was like, how I was liking Alola so far, and other things like that.

All of a sudden, Sun snapped his fingers as if deciding on something, making me jump a bit.

"Okay, that settles it." His eyes were alight with determination and a newfound hope. "I believe you're the one."

"Sun!" Moon snapped her head around to look at him. "You were just starting to make progress with him!"

"Progress my behind." He deadpanned at her. "I wasn't making any at all, I could tell. And," He gestures to me. "She has a kind heart and a strong will she restrains, I can tell by listening to her answers to your questions Moon."

"Umm..." I blush lightly, not quite use to hearing compliments from someone other than my friends and Calem from Kalos.

"Anyway, Megan." Sun turned to me with a serious look. "There's a pokemon I have that was given to me to take care of by a trainer named Ash, however, I cannot take care of him properly because of how I act and my general attitude towards everything in general. He's very... picky about those who care for him."

He paused before continuing. "I know you're not a trainer, but I think he needs someone to be there for him, a friend, as he's not in a good place right now."

"What do you mean? Is he alright?" I asked, concerned for the pokemon he was mentioning.

"Physically yes, mentally, no." Sun glanced off to the side, anguish ripping its way across his face. "His old trainer really hurt him by giving him to me, abandoning him basically. And he's been in a rut since then and I honestly don't know what to do to help him. All my attempts have ended in failure."

"I know you might not think you can do it because you're not a trainer." He then looked me square in the eye, determination shining in his eyes. "But I can tell you're a good person, I know within my heart you'll care for him better than I ever could."

"Megan Lucarina, please!" He suddenly took hold of my hands when I hesitated in answering, desperation lacing his words. "I know you just got here, this whole place is strange to you as are the people and their customs, but I just know you can help him. If nothing else consider him a welcoming gift if you must, but please help him, I don't know what else to do at this point."

I blinked before my expression softened, it was clear Sun was at his wit's end and was willing to do ANYTHING to help this pokemon, even give it to a stranger who just moved here.

"Okay, I'll do it." I agree while he visibly slumps in relief. "But what pokemon is it anyway?"

"It's a Greninja, his trainer didn't give him a nickname," Sun said as he backed up a little after letting go of my hands, taking a ball from the belt around his waist. "Now, while you agreed to take care of him, I'm going to let him decide if he wants to go with you, so he doesn't feel forced into it! Now, don't be surprised if he's a bit standoffish, he's always like that with new people. Greninja come out!"

He then threw the ball and it opened moments later, a Greninja the same height as me appearing and landing on the ground.

I blinked in surprise, the pokemon opposite me doing the same before looking back to Sun with a questioning look.

"The girl in front of you is Megan Lucarina, someone I believe can help you and make you stronger." Sun informed him as Greninja turned back to look at me, his reddish eyes scanning me while I stood my ground, gazing back evenly. "That is, if you want her to."

Greninja spun around to face Sun, his eyes wide at what he just said. "Gren, ninja, Greninja?!"

Sun nodded. "Yes, I am giving you the choice of going with her, I believe you should decide who you want to be with." He then shifted, almost nervously. "Now, she isn't a trainer yet, but I can feel in my heart she'll be a strong trainer one day, and with you by her side, I'm sure you can get there together if you want to."

Greninja turned back to me, his expression unreadable as he gazed at me.

I simply stared, gazing back with a clear gaze, not hiding anything.

Slowly, he took a step towards me, then another, and another. It wasn't long before I was toe to toe with the frog ninja, never breaking eye contact.

Careful, as to not alarm him, I slowly raise a hand, reaching out slowly to pet him, he didn't move, aside from glancing at my hand for a second before locking eyes with me once more.

My hand makes contact with the smooth skin of his head, and I gently start stroking his head, and, to my surprise, it isn't long before he leans into my touch, eyes closed while smiling and making a soft trilling-purr-like sound.

I nearly jolt and I feel Greninja flinch when Moon starts clapping excitedly, looking happy as can be while Sun smiles and walks over.

"I see, I accept your decision Greninja." Sun nods and hands me Greninja's pokeball. "Then, from here on in, I relinquish any and all ownership of you Greninja to Megan Lucarina, she is now your owner and in the future possibly your trainer."

Greninja nods before placing a webbed hand over the pokeball in my hand and pushing the button in, causing him to return to inside it.

I gingerly hold it in my hands, cradling it against my chest as it shook only once before settling down.

"I promise Greninja, I'll do my very best to care for you and give you the love I can tell you miss." I whisper, looking to the sky with a smile. "I won't abandon you, not now, not ever."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Greninja certainly made an impact on me that day as I did to him, that was for sure.

I did my best to dig through the memories from almost two years ago, trying to figure out if these feelings began there and I just didn't notice, but I honestly couldn't tell.

I could feel concern for him and worry, but that's about it. I need to look elsewhere...

My mind brought up the day Sun and Moon came over unexpectedly when I was playing a game, Project Diva X, and Moon got extremely embarrassed for some reason by the hip movements one of the characters, Len Kagamine, was doing in the song " Seisou Bakuretsu Boy"....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

I hum lightly as I press circle and back out of the Cool cloud and flick over to the Elegant cloud before stopping as I hear a knock at the door.

Sighing as I put the controller down and got up before heading to the front door, waving at Greninja, who was heading to the door, to stop and I'd get it.

"Coming!" I yell when whoever was at the door knocked again, and I open it to see it's Sun and Moon.

"Sun, Moon, hello!" I say in surprise and Moon grins at me. "What brings you two here?"

"We wanted to see you silly!" Moon exclaimed as she suddenly hugged me, making me step back a bit in surprise as Sun entered, passing me.

"Yeah, I see you're taking good care of Greninja." He nods to said pokemon as Moon lets go of me so I can close the door.

"Haha, yep. He's been a real good help with my daily chores and I've been training him ever since I became a trainer." I chuckle, smiling over at Greninja, who smiled at me in responce with a nod. "He's also a wonderful pokemon to be around in greneral."

"Wow, what a switch! He was always grumpy and refused to help Sun with anything!" Moon exclaimed and Greninja pulled his 'scarf' up in embarrassment. Luckily, before things could get awkward, she noticed my TV was on in the living room. "Oh? What are you playing Meggy?"

"Oh, just a game for the PS4, it's called Project Diva X." I say as I head into the living room, motioning them and Greninja to join me. "It's a rhythm game that I quite enjoy, all three of you are welcome to watch me play if you like."

"Ooh, I'm in!" "I'm curious as well." I hear Sun and Moon agree as I see Greninja appear at my side only moments later.

We all sit down on the couch except Greninja who opted to stand behind it and watch from there and I enter the Elegant cloud like I planned to earlier and I flick through the songs before settling on Seisou Bakuretsu Boy on the extreme setting.

After dressing Len in the module he was supposed to wear in it, I start the song, focusing on the melody notes above anything else.

It isn't more than ten seconds into the song I hear Moon let out a very squeaky gasp and Sun make this weird embarrassed sound I can't figure out the meaning of.

I shrug it off, me and Greninja were fine, so I think they were just reacting to how many melody icons were flying about.

It's not long before the chance time that the camera for the PV goes to the odd shot of Len's waist when he's rotating them and Moon makes this muffled squeak while I just see Sun out of the corner of my eye make this rather amusing expression of horror.

Snorting lightly in amusement, I clear the chance time and it's not long before I finish the song with a near perfect aside from when Moon and Sun made sounds and distracted me.

I then turn to Moon and Sun with an eyebrow raised in amusement. "Are you two okay?" I ask, holding back laughter.

Moon was just rambling utter jibberish while Sun was still in shock with that amusing expression of horror.

I cover my mouth with a hand and snicker. "Hey, Greninja, use Gibb's slap."

He snorted in amusement, probably because it wasn't an actual move but more of something Gibbs from NCIS does, before going over to behind the two and then proceeding to slap them both upside the back of the head.

Moon yelps and grips her head while Sun gasps out while looking at me with wide eyes. "Megan, how the HECK are you not phased?!"

I make an amused and confused face. "Phased by what?" I reply, struggling not to laugh at his expression.

He starts making rapid gestures towards the TV. "By what he was doing with his hips-Oh-urgh-gahh!" He then covered his face, his face turning red.

I blink before looking back to Greninja, who had gone back to standing behind me as he was earlier, and the both of us begin to chuckle.

"What, you mean him pushing his hips forward and rotating them?" I chuckled as Greninja leaned on the back of the couch with his arms so his head was next to me as he mimicked me in his own language. "Gren, ja ninja gren greninja ja gren?"

"We're serious!" Moon yelped, peeking out from behind her hands at me, she was red in the face too. "Just how are you not phased?! You're a girl too!"

"Being a girl has nothing to do with it." I restrain laughing at her expense. "I just don't get why you two are freaking out like this, me and Greninja are fine."

"Greninja's a pokemon, so he won't be phased anyhow!" Sun exclaimed, putting his hands down from his still red face. "Okay, how about you replay it with a female singer? Maybe you'll be phased then."

"I fail to see why I'd be phased anyway, but okay." I shrug and rub the side of Greninja's head with a hand before grabbing the controller and flicking out of the score screen.

I go back into the song, change the singer to Rin in her Quirky medley module before playing it again.

Oddly enough, both Sun and Moon were silent though I could feel Greninja's breathe on my neck, it messed me up a tiny bit the first time I felt it but managed to shake it off and focus.

Again, I got a near perfect on the song and turned to Sun and Moon. "There, was I suppose to be bothered this time?"

They just stared at me, not saying a word, and Greninja chose that exact time to be weird and nuzzle my throat with his nose, knowing full well that's one of my weak spots.

I let out a strangled gaspy squeak as I felt some of my muscles relax on reflex. "Gr-Greninja!" I yelp at him as my face turns red, to which he chuckled and did it again, this time nipping at my neck a bit.

"O-Oh you!" I giggle a bit, he always messed around like this, so I just brought a hand up and lightly gripped the side of his head and he just pushed his head against my own while making that odd trill-like purr, making me chuckle as I leaned my own head against his lightly.

I then look at Moon and Sun, who look surprised, and say. "Well, is there anything you'd like to do? We can have a battle out back if either of you want to see how strong Greninja's gotten."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Yeah, Greninja was acting a bit weird then, but he was usually like that when I was around any guy other than him.

Wait, did I just refer to him as a guy? I lightly smack my forehead with the palm of my hand, yes he was male but-urgh, I'm going to give myself a headache at this rate.

I twitch as I swear I hear footsteps and I whip my head around to see nothing was there, I sigh in annoyance at myself. It was probably Bree or Daix getting something for one of the baby pokemon in the other part of the house.

I sigh and turn my gaze back to the floor, I then smack my cheeks lightly.

"Damnit Megan! When did you let these feelings for him develop so deeply?!" I growl under my breath at myself quietly. "He probably doesn't even feel the same way...."

The thought that came along with the last bit made me sad, and I didn't know why.

My mind then brought up that one time I went out without telling any of my pokemon where I was going so I could get some things from the store. It was only a week after me and him synchronized for the first time.

I had thought I'd get everything I needed and be back before anyone noticed, what I didn't think of was that the light rain was going to become a complete and utter downpour as I was heading home...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I shivered hard as I quickly went and hid under a tree in hopes to escape the downpour of rain. The tree provided shelter with its large leaves from the downpour I could barely see two feet in front of me when I was in it.

I let out a breath before shivering again as I go and sit down with my back against the tree trunk, letting the bags I was holding drop to the ground as I hugged my knees to my chest, trying to stay warm as this was at the tail end of winter going into spring, mean it is still cold.

"G-Goddamnit...I s-should've told them I was g-going out to the s-store...." I mutter to myself, shivering. "Now no one knows w-where I am a-and I'll have to wait out t-this d-downp-pour, a-assuming I d-don't freeze b-before then...."

I don't know how long I sat there, shivering intensely, it could've been hours or minutes and I wouldn't have known the difference. All I heard was the never ending patter of the rain.

After a while, I hear something over the rain, which makes me strain my ears to listen.

"...ja.....Gr.....ninja.....Greninja...!" I perk up a bit upon hearing the voice of Greninja, he sounded panicked and worried.

He must have gone looking for me after I didn't return after a long while, but he doesn't know where I am, I must do something...!

I lift my head a bit, my strength sapped from the cold, and yell out with all the strength I could muster. "G-Greninja o-over here...!"

It's not long before I hear footsteps splashing towards me, it seems all I do is blink and then he is suddenly there, standing there looking at me with shocked and relieved eyes.

"G-Greninja...." I say weakly and he rushes over, picking me up quickly.

"G-Gren ja nin, ninja greninja..![O-Oh my Arceus, you're freezing...!]" I hear him yelp in fear as I curl into his hold, trying to stay warm.

"C-Cold....So cold..." I gasp out faintly and it's not long before he starts moving quickly, to where my foggy mind didn't know.

Before I know it, I'm back at home and I can hear all my pokemon crying out in shock and worry.

I can't decipher what they are saying, far too low on energy to use to figure what's being said, and I end up blacking out.

When I regain consciousness, I find that I am lying on my side underneath a bunch of blankets and I feel something curled up against my stomach and something curled up against the back of my knees.

I manage to move my head slightly and see that Kat my Torracat and Iona my female Fennekin are curled up against my stomach and Piper is being held by Dio my male Braixen with rare coloring who is leaning against the back of my legs, all of them being fast asleep.

I try to shift slightly, but I find two strong arms wrapped around my waist preventing much movement on my part. I tilt my head back to see it's Greninja pressed up against my back, fast asleep.

I blink as my face heats up before deciding to let my head softly fall back onto the pillow.

I'll figure out what to do later, I'm still a little cold and tired....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I remember when I woke up next, Greninja was still there and when I woke him up, he was very relieved to see I was alright and asked me to at least tell him if I was going out without prior notice.

No matter where I looked in my memories, I couldn't find where this feeling for him began, it was just, there. Faint in my older memories and strong in my recent ones.

It didn't just appear, I soon realized, it grew from my already existing feelings of companionship and care for him, it just ran far deeper than my feelings towards any of the other pokemon.

And, it probably didn't help Greninja was very affectionate towards me as it was, not that I minded, just something I noticed.

I sigh and cover my face with my hands, even if I do have these feelings and I am what they call Pokesexual, chances are Greninja saw me as a friend, a good friend or best friend even, and nothing else.

I felt like my heart was being squeezed tightly at that, and I found it hard to breathe along with tears pricking at the corner of my eyes.

I wipe the tears away before they could grow with a sigh, no use crying over something I can't change.

"Greninja?[Megan?]" I jolt at the sound of Greninja's voice and I snap my head to the left and see Greninja in the left entryway to the living room where I was.

"Hey Greninja." I says quietly, looking away. "Did I wake you when I got up?"

"Ja, nin gren ninja, greninja, ja gren.[Nah, I was already awake, couldn't sleep.]" He shook his head before coming over and sitting next to me. "Ninja greninja, ja greninja ninja gren?[You look troubled, is something bothering you?]"

"Heh, you could say that." I chuckle humorlessly as I feel my heartrate increase. "It's nothing though, you don't need to worry."

"Ja! Nin greninja ninja gren nin gren greninja nin gren. [Ha! I seriously doubt that with how depressed you look.]" He scoffed before gently placing a webbed hand over one of my own hands. "Grenin, nin gren in, ja gren ninja nin, ja greninja.[Megan, you can tell me anything, I won't judge you, I promise.]"

My heart clenched at that. "It's..nothing really." I make the mistake of glancing at him, and I didn't notice my eyes had begun to fill with tears again until his eyes widen, to which I quickly looked away.

Before I know it, a cool webbed hand cups my right cheek and gently turns my head back towards Greninja, who was leaning closer as a result.

I feel my face turn beet red as he says. "In, ren 'greninja' ja gren'in gren ninja gren. Greninja, ninja in gren ninja...[It's not 'nothing' if you're crying like that. Please, tell me what's wrong....]"

No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't look away from his reddish eyes, so I opted to shut my eye tightly, but that only enhanced my other senses.

I could feel his leg that was touching my own that I didn't notice before, his webbed hand that was now holding one of mine and the one on my cheek, I could hear us both breathing in near sync.

"Have you..." I manage to croak out, and I think I surprised the both of us with how faint my voice was. "Have you ever had feelings for someone, but you fear they don't feel the same way, so you stay silent?"

He was silent before saying softly. "Gren...[Yes...]"

I open my eyes in shock to see he's gazing intently at me. "Who?"

"Gren ninja in gren ren gren ninja grenina.[You tell me who you have feelings for and I'll do the same.]" He replies, and I could feel my heart beating a thousand miles.

I gulp silently, I can feel fear creeping up on me, but I manage to squeak out with all my courage. "It's y-you Greninja."

His eyes widen and I can feel fear and panic set in, but I force myself to stay where I am, aside from my hands beginning to tremble, even the one he was holding and my eyes shutting tightly.

I don't hear a single word from him and I already want to take back what I said, before I hear him chuckle.

His tone, it wasn't one of amusement or something cruel, but one of relief, like some fear of his was put to....

I snap my eyes open to see relief plain in his eyes, there are some tears too and his says. "Gren nin ren in ja, gren nin gren ja greninja.[Thank Arceus it wasn't someone else, or I fear my heart would've shattered.]"

"Greninja...?" I start, only for him to lean closer with a smile visible behind his 'scarf'.

'Gren, greninja, in ninja gren ja ninja.[Well, Megan, I have a confession to make.]" He says with a...loving tone? Wait- "Ninja gren greninja ninja nin.[The person who stole my heart is you.]"

I gasp but before I can say a word, his 'scarf' moved back to uncover his mouth and he pressed his lips against my own as his webbed hand slid to the back of my head.

My eyes widen with shock before slipping shut of their own accord as my free arm slides up and loosely hangs over Greninja's shoulder while my hand grips his tightly.

The kiss didn't last long, half a minute, before we separated, breathing heavily while we leaned our foreheads against each other.

"U-Um..." I was the first to say a word, but nothing came to mind as I felt my face grow hotter and hotter.

"'Gren' ninja~?['Um' what~?]" He playfully teased, playing with my hair with his hand.

"I want to say something, but I can't think of anything." I mumble, embarrassed and he chuckled.

"Ninja ja greininja gren.[Glad I'm not the only one.]" He chuckled before nuzzling my cheek lightly. "Ja, gren in ninja gren?[So, what do we do now?]"

"I think, we find out together," I say slowly, unsure of myself. "This kind of relationship is uncommon so..."

"Greninja gren greninja.[We'll figure it out together.]" He finished for me. "Gren...[But...]"

I nearly squeak when he suddenly scoops me up in his arms and stands, smirking slightly. "Nin ninja, greninja ninja gren greninja.[At any rate, you need to get back to bed my princess.]"

I blush brightly at his princess nickname before nodding. "Y-Yeah..."

I rest my head against his chest as he carries me back to my bedroom, but I shake my head when he starts to put me back on my bed.

"Wanna stay with you...." I mumble quietly so I don't wake the others up.

He hesitates before nodding and walking over to his hammock I set up for him earlier and lowers me into it before climbing in beside me.

I end up on top of him with my head on his chest and his arms around me, his head above my own.

He pulls up a blanket over the both of us, motioning with his head that he took the blanket from my bed before climbing into the hammock, I nod and snuggle into his chest.

He held me tightly as we slowly drifted off to sleep, knowing we would face the dawn tomorrow together.

Sure, we both barely had a clue about what we were doing, but we knew we'd figure everything out together, like we always do...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oneshot #2: I'm thankful you found me

In Greninja's POV throughout.
Note: Pokespeak when in a pokemon's POV is italicized. Human speak is as normal.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, long time no see partner, welcome back to Kalos~ So how ya been? Oh, I see you got some new pokemon, you do know I'm weak to grass right...? I hope there's still a spot on your team for me, after all, we did unlock that form where we sync up. Hehe.

You look confused, c'mon, don't tell me you forgot about me! It's me, Greninja!

Wait a second... Where's Hawlucha? And Noivern? And Talonflame? I know you took them with you when you left, so where did they...

NO! No no nono, you can't be one of those trainers I heard about! The ones where they just leave their teams behind in favor of getting newer better pokemon from a different region, you can't be one of those, right?!

You're taking out a pokeball, so you kept it, my pokeball, but you still don't remember me, no no please don't PLEASE-!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

I bolt up awake, breathing heavily as I wake from that awful, horrible nightmare I have every so often.

It's nothing more than a warped memory that's all but faded. It still bugs me, though, even though I've found someone better than HIM.

I glance at the wall opposite me where I knew Darkrai's room to be, he always insisted on being in a room next to ours and there were days I wondered if he was jealous of me. He had been with her longer before she got me, so it made sense.

I sigh as I adjust my 'scarf', idly wondering if I should ask her to have a Lunar Wing imported from Alamos Town so I can sleep better. I've developed a resistance to what Darkrai's presence does, so I don't always have nightmares, but I'm getting sick of waking up in the middle of the night.

I feel some slight shifting on the bed, and I turn to see she's shifted slightly, still fast asleep.

The corners of my mouth twitch into a fond smile. Megan, the one who saved me and the one I'm deeply in love with.

I'll be honest, I never thought my heart would heal from what HE did, I never thought I'd be able to get that close to someone again, until I met her.

I still remember the look on her face when she first saw me, nervousness, worry, but there was also determination far different from what HE held in his gaze. It was more gentle, less power-hungry and more nurturing in many ways.

She wanted to help as much as she could, that much I saw in her gaze. I had learned my lesson in being too picky about who my trainer was, so I went with her, not really expecting much, but getting so, so much.

She kept me out of my pokeball most of the time, talking with me, interacting with me, just being herself, and she drew me in like Magikarp on a fishing line.

When she finally started on her trainer journey and started taking on the Island trials, I followed her, waiting until she completed her second grand trial to join her team.
I watched as she struggled with her first battles with her beginning team, Piper the Litten who refused to evolve, Andromeda the Rockruff, Weasle the Yungoos, Frisky the Pichu, Butterfree, Fomantis, I had watched as she won and lost battles.

I watched her give her Fomantis to Sun, the boy I was given to before I joined her, in exchange for his Shiny Lurantis called Lura and how the machine glitched and changed what they looked like, and how she apologized to both Fomantis and Lura for what happened.

Sure, she did change her team a bunch with only me, Lura, Frisky and Piper being consistent members of her party, but she was a new trainer, she had to figure out what battle style and pokemon worked for her unlike Ash who I knew had other teams in previous regions.

She eventually settled on me, Piper, Lura, Kalyna the Gardevoir she hatched with Moon's help, and Frisky who had now evolved into an Alolan Raichu. The sixth member of her party was still undecided, though it was Kirito AKA Nebby the Solgaleo or Luna the Cosmoem she's trying to evolve most of the time.

She never once got mad or frustrated when one of us fainted, she'd just cry out in worry and bring who fainted to one of the pokemon center if one was nearby or heal them herself if one wasn't nearby.

No matter what got her down, she always kept moving past them, saying "It's only the end when you give up, you just gotta keep pushing on, as there's always a uphill battle in every part of your life not long past the easy downhill walk. If you give up, you fall down and I refuse to let myself or any of you guys under my care fall down without a fight like I once did!"

I always remember those words in battle when I was pushed to my limits, to near fainting, and held on long enough to win.

I guess that's what made me fall for her, the fact she always held on, never gave up and always pushed forward on this rocky path she walked with us, never once wanting to give up on us.

Her dream was to beat the island challenge, not to become a pokemon master, just to beat the island challenge and then she'd see where her path was headed.

Along the way, around the time we reached Poni Island after her mother helped buy a house on that island for her because her own home was becoming too crowded for both her breeding pokemon and Megan's to fit, she told me she developed unexpected romantic feelings for me, and I told her I felt the same, and we became a couple as a result.

This had only made me fight even harder in battles, try even harder to protect her, syncing up with her more often as a result and the two of us couldn't be happier.

She eventually succeeded in achieving her dream, with an unexpected twist, she became the first champion of Alola as result.

But all wasn't alright with her, yes she was happy that she achieved her dream, but she never wanted to be champion.

She more than once confessed she doesn't know what to do anymore to me, she knows she should be happy, proud even, that she became champion, but she feels lost, confined even by the title.

She's still young, she wants to explore other regions, she wants to raise pokemon from those regions, but since she's the first champion in Alola, she feels trapped and that she must be able to fight a challenger at any and all times.

It was why she was trying so hard to evolve Luna, she had a feeling that if Luna and Kirito combined their powers or just one of them even tried, perhaps she could escape to another world, just for a bit so she could breathe. She didn't dare suggest going back to the Ultra space we had been to before, for it was far too dangerous there.

Yes, she told me that she wants to try to save another me in a different world from this one from the fate I suffered, and she wasn't lying, but I could also see that she wanted to escape this world so she could breathe even if she never admitted it to herself.

She never told any of her human friends these thoughts, fearing they wouldn't understand how she felt, so she only told me or her other pokemon, she's scared of telling them so many things because she doesn't know how they'd react.

I'd say it's one of the reasons I'm so protective of her, yes she has flaws that she hates to show, but it doesn't matter to me. I love her and I will protect her, flaws and all.

I can't help but reach over and gently brush some hair away from her face, the moonlight coming in from the window framing her features perfectly.

I tuck the hair I brushed from her face behind her ear, revealing one of her Aura Sensor that was hidden under her hair, that black thing Riolus and Lurcarios had on either the sides or back of the head.

Yet another reason she's hesitant to trust humans and why I'm so protective of her, she was born from a union of a Lucario and her mother, probably the one her mother had, being part human and part Riolu or Lucario.

Hybrids like her weren't common, rare even, because they rarely survived childbirth due to severe complications and because human and Pokemon couples were nearly unheard of here.

She was deathly scared of being taken away by scientists, it was one of the main reasons she NEVER wanted to become champion, it'd put her in the spotlight and she knew they'd find out eventually.

I would fight to protect her if that happened, as I'm sure every single one of her pokemon aside from the baby pokemon would too.

Her pale blue eyes fluttered open before fixating on me with a sleepy gaze.

"Greninja...?" She asked sleepily, speaking in pokespeak. "What're you doing up...?"

"Just admiring your beauty." I say and she blushes before covering her face with the blanket.

"G-Geez...Let me be more awake when you say things like that..." She mumbled.

"Haha, nope." I chuckle before ducking under the covers again and holding her close, to her credit, she doesn't squeak and just wraps her arms around me in return.

"Warm..." She muttered as she nuzzled into my chest.

"I do hope you know I'm technically coldblooded." I laughed quietly and she huffed.

"Dunt care, you're warm." She said stubbornly, sounding like she was starting to fall asleep again.

"If you say so." I chuckle again before nuzzling the top of her head. "Good night darling..."

"G'night Grenny..." She said, surprising me with a nickname. "Love you..."

"Heh..." I hold her closer, a smile on my face, murmuring softly as I drifted off. "I love you too, Meggy..."

(AN: These two oneshots were previously posted on my very old DeviantART account, so if these seem familiar that is why. And I shall go promptly hide in a hole cause I genuinely don't know how these and Megan's relationship with Greninja are going to be received so I'm a tad scared-)

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram
Oh boy. The object of much fandom discourse. Human-Pokemon relationships.

Now see, I have experience here. I have written human/Pokemon OC ships in RPs, including some very weird ones - the most prominent were human/Volcarona and human/Metagross. HOWEVER. All of those involved the Pokemon parnter turning human for anything romantic or vice versa, and that's honestly what I prefer to read if the subject comes up. HOWEVER I think the trope in general is A-OK if both parties are sapient, so I don't have like a problem with your premise. (Plus your MC is a human/Pokemon hybrid anyway sooooooo...)

And it's honestly pretty cute! It's clear your MC and Greninja actually care for each other and this is isn't some sitcom romance where "why are they a couple if they can't stand each other again?" some of the prose feels a bit wonky but your core premise and story is fine. The only part where it grossed me out is the kiss on the lips and partially because that must be really akward for a Greninja.

Honestly? My biggest gripes are tangential stuff that drags me away from the story. The stuff about Ash being a abusive Trainer (groan) the number of Shinies the Trainers seem to have (groan) the MC having a Darkrai (groan). All those things by themselves could be good story fodder (though the first is kinda edgy and has been done to death on FFnet lol) but trying to cram them all into one story kinda deracts from your core premise and relationship and might even be a bigger turn-off than said premise is. I can understand if it's all to tie the story into a bigger universe (like I do) but there are better ways of doing that than stretching sus;pension of disbelief.

So yeah, this story has some warts, but you've got a ribbiting base concept here. I hope you leap forward with this base concept before long.

Alira

Galarian adventurer!
Pronouns
She/her
Oh boy. The object of much fandom discourse. Human-Pokemon relationships.

Now see, I have experience here. I have written human/Pokemon OC ships in RPs, including some very weird ones - the most prominent were human/Volcarona and human/Metagross. HOWEVER. All of those involved the Pokemon parnter turning human for anything romantic or vice versa, and that's honestly what I prefer to read if the subject comes up. HOWEVER I think the trope in general is A-OK if both parties are sapient, so I don't have like a problem with your premise. (Plus your MC is a human/Pokemon hybrid anyway sooooooo...)

And it's honestly pretty cute! It's clear your MC and Greninja actually care for each other and this is isn't some sitcom romance where "why are they a couple if they can't stand each other again?" some of the prose feels a bit wonky but your core premise and story is fine. The only part where it grossed me out is the kiss on the lips and partially because that must be really akward for a Greninja.

Honestly? My biggest gripes are tangential stuff that drags me away from the story. The stuff about Ash being a abusive Trainer (groan) the number of Shinies the Trainers seem to have (groan) the MC having a Darkrai (groan). All those things by themselves could be good story fodder (though the first is kinda edgy and has been done to death on FFnet lol) but trying to cram them all into one story kinda deracts from your core premise and relationship and might even be a bigger turn-off than said premise is. I can understand if it's all to tie the story into a bigger universe (like I do) but there are better ways of doing that than stretching sus;pension of disbelief.

So yeah, this story has some warts, but you've got a ribbiting base concept here. I hope you leap forward with this base concept before long.
Thank you so much for the review, honestly, I cringe a bit at how much I was trying to stuff into the oneshots all at once and if I ever rewrite these I will definitely cut that out. (also I do not blame you for feeling grossed out at the kiss, rereading it does bug me a bit too and I remember doing my best to skip through that when writing it years ago, so I might start doing the turning into a human thing if needed cause if the bond phenomenon can happen, screw it pokemon can turn into humans too cause of true love, and stuff!)

Tbh I'll might need to do some sort of short chapter fic to help explain everything going on with Megan, at least when it comes to Darkrai, cause there's a good reason he hangs around her(she's never caught him in a pokeball, he just hangs around her of his own free will) but I need to get into that on it's own cause it's extremely far removed from her Alola journey then her jaunts in the XY/XYZ anime whereas her and Darkrai's stunts are when she's a few years younger and still living in Kalos, again far removed from the rest, enough to where I could probably put that whole thing on a new character entirely if I wanted. (I will say my initial ideas for her and Darkrai involved the bond phenomenon, cause frankly Darkrai is my top favorite legendary/mythical pokemon thanks to the movie and I love him to death, ended up scrapping it due to my friend telling me it was far too much/op.)

I can say the version of Ash her Greninja knows isn't abusive persey, more of Greninja's perspective tainting Megan's point of view(who the reader is going to be seeing the story through) because she frankly hasn't met him before, and when one's hurting, memories can be distorted and twisted. Plus being handed away to Sun like it was said/implied in the special demo when he was really close to Ash had to hurt, especially with his background.

As for the shinies, all I can really say in my defense other than "wynaut?" is having shiny charms are useful and being lucky when hatching eggs XD I like shinies far too much for my own good and ages ago had the perchance for giving a lot of my characters a few. I don't do that anymore though so dw.

Thank you for liking the core premise and Megan and Greninja! I plan to rewrite or majorly edit the one chapter of Different Sky I have done once I finish the first arc of Reflections, once I do so and redo that one chapter, I'm gonna sit my butt down and begin to rewatch the kalos anime from start to finish writing along with the episodes cuz I'm determined to finish Different Sky while working on Reflections as well!

....Oh my god I just got the puns, I've been typing this whole time and they didn't register until now oh my goodness it's one am almost two I shouldn't be laughing so hard XD

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Glad to see this posted! I've defintely been interested in your lucario hybrid character, so it's nice to have the chance to learn more about her.

I wouldn't worry too much about the content of these stories as such. Obviously there are people who find human/pokémon pairings weird and gross for a number of reasons, but you made it pretty clear that that's what would be going on in this story, so for anyone who read ahead anyway and got made about it, that's on them, you know? Nothing wrong with writing what you enjoy. I'm not big on romance, but I think you did a solid job of setting up the relationship between Megan and Greninja, and how it evolved over time. There are a lot of the classic romance tropes in here, a little angst and "oh no but he could never want me!", a bit of light hurt/comfort, plenty to establish a relationship.

I think my favorite scene was the one where Sun and Moon come to visit while Megan and Greninja are playing video games; it's a very silly moment and one that feels really genuine and also specific to their characters. It's cute that they can relax and have fun together like that, and the sort of mundane nature of the scene makes their relationship more realistic, I think. After all, loving a person is mostly not about dramatic gestures and rescuing them from the rain and so forth... It's a day-to-day kind of thing that's about how you live and care for a person in all the ordinary times. While the big, intense moments are fun to read about, I think scenes like this one that ground them a bit more help make the relationship feel more genuine and not a series of tropey moments.

There's a pokemon I have that was given to me to take care of by a trainer named Ash, however, I cannot take care of him properly because of how I act and my general attitude towards everything in general.
This dialogue didn't ring true to me. People usually try to deflect blame, especially when talking to strangers, while here Sun's basically saying "I'm a bad trainer with a poor attitude, so you should probably take him." If the issue was something like Sun being uptight and Greninja being rambunctious, for example, I'd expect Sun to say something like "He's a bit too high-energy for me," or maybe with the current situation something like "I don't feel like I can give him the care he needs," which in both cases frame things more as an unfortunate incompatibility rather than Sun saying that he doesn't act the way he should.

I was also unclear on why Megan lied about being a trainer. Was she trying to avoid a battle or something? If anything, it would make more sense for Sun to recognize that she'd be a good match for Megan because he was able to see her doing well in battle or otherwise interacting with pokémon in a positive way. Give him something concrete to point to as to why he thinks she'd make a good trainer for Greninja rather than deciding that he "just knows" she's exactly what Greninja needs after a couple minutes of conversation.

I gasp but before I can say a word, his 'scarf' moved back to uncover his mouth and he pressed his lips against my own as his webbed hand slid to the back of my head.
I gotta admit I'm having trouble figuring out how this works, heh. Like his scarf is his tongue, right? So unless he sucks it all back into his mouth it's going to be blocking a fair amount of his lips.

You mentioned these are some old pieces with some acknowledged mechanical issues, so I'm not going to go into go into spelling and grammar and such here. But yes, things do look a little rough at times. Even without a beta reader to help you out, anything you can do on your own in terms of proofreading would be a help!

Umbra already touched on the fact that these one-shots don't necessarily stand on their own because there are a lot of unanswered questions that are coming in from the larger 'verse they're part of. I think they'd make excellent extras/bonus scenes for a longer story, where the readers are assumed to already familiar with the characters and their circumstances. In this case, yeah, I was certainly wondering why Darkrai was hanging around with Megan and her team (although I love that apparently nightmares are something you kind of have to put up with sometimes if you hang out with her), and since he doesn't really do anything in these particular stories it would have made more sense not to mention him here.

More than that, though, in Greninja's one-shot you kind of try to tell a whole trainer-journey story in the space of a few paragraphs, which I think doesn't work too well for this format. Greninja has to summarize a ton of things really quickly, which means we don't get to appreciate them as much as we would if we got to see them in a fully fleshed-out scene. Of course, to properly expand on everything he talks about, you'd have to write an entire, rather long fanfic about it, so clearly that won't work for your one-shot here! One way to deal with this would be to pick out a small number of scenes, like three to five, that show the arc of Megan's journey and Greninja's relationship with her, and then actually portray them as flashbacks in the story. For example, you might show the scene where they met for the first time but from Greninja's POV this time, the scene where Megan says she wants to go to other worlds to rescue their Greninjas, but Greninja suspects she has ulterior motives, and a couple more. Doing this lets you portray the full range of emotions in those scenes and make them much more interesting than a summary without needing to include a full backstory. Alternatively, you could focus the story more on the present would let you focus more on Greninja's feelings now and give some insight into his own hopes for the relationship. I thought it would be fun to see how Greninja was taking all of this, since he'd been pining right along with Megan, but in the end it almost felt like the relationship was less the focus of this one than what Megan had done on her journey and Greninja's assessment of her character. Which isn't nothing, but I think there are more engaging ways you could have handled it!

For this reason, I liked Megan's one-shot more than Greninja's. It was solidly focused Greninja and Megan getting to interact, rather than anyone talking about how they'd interacted in the past. Which is too bad! I think it would be really interesting to see more of things from Greninja's point of view, how he feels about pokémon being in relationships with humans and how his background may have colored his interactions with Megan. If anything it felt to me like Greninja's story could be combined with Megan's if you wanted, just a scene or two from his POV to get his side of the story; once you take out the summary bit there isn't too much left. That's a viable option, but personally I think it would be cool if you expanded it instead and we got to see a bit more of his own thinking as he developed feelings for her and eventually got to hear her confession.

Anyhow, while I do think there's a lot going on here for a one-shot, it does inspire interest in the larger story that it comes from! I don't know how much of it you have written down, but you obviously have a lot of ideas for Megan's adventures in Kalos and Alola, and although it wasn't really the focus of these stories, I'm curious about how her being a hybrid may have had an impact on her journey and her relationship with her pokémon besides Greninja. And what's Darkrai doing there?

I can tell you had a lot of fun writing this and have a lot of fondness for the characters. I think you said your focus was going to be on your Sword/Shield story at the moment, but this is a fun one, too. Don't think I could keep up with both if you decided to post them concurrently, but I'll do my best to check out more of your stuff in the future. Good luck with your writing!

Top Bottom