• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

(Submissions closed! Entries chosen!) Del Wants to Borrow Your Characters for Christmas Mashup #3!

DeliriousAbsol

*Crazy Absol Noises*
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. mawile
I had a break from this last year due to personal reasons, but I'm feeling the festive itch. For those curious, I'll link the other two here:

Thousand Roads Mad Christmas Mash-Up!
Winder Wonderland (TR Christmas Mashup 2020!)

The idea is the same! You submit a character (Pokemon only!) and I'll write that character into a silly festive story. I'm not sure what that setting will be this year, but I plan to work on it over November and post it before Christmas. Usually I aim for Christmas Day/Boxing Day but with other forum events potentially running around that time I want to avoid the story getting lost.

I'm afraid there are going to be more strict rules for this one. The last mash-up was HUGE with an almost overwhelming number of submissions. It was great fun to write and took me more than a month I think, but sadly a few members, to the best of my knowledge, didn't follow through with reading it. (This is probably mainly down to me posting the final piece in the thick of a review blitz tbh, but it left me winded as it was such a big project).

There will be seven slots, and I'm afraid it is NOT first-come first-served. I want to give new members a chance since TR has grown over the past two years, so I may increase it to ten if I get a LOT of interest. But people who have followed through with the previous mash-ups will have a bigger chance of being selected again.

I do enjoy writing these, but please remember this is a gift to TR as a whole. I'll only be writing one, and I try to give each character a good amount of attention =D (and I will never kill your characters off or throw them into a dangerous life-threatening situation! The most you will get is slapstick humour!)

Rules:

-Submit ONE character. These stories are poke-centric so if you wish to submit a human, they can turn into a pokemon. Pick their favourite =3 OR you can have one of your trainer characters' pokemon enter the story!
-I need a description of your character and their personality, and possibly a link to a chapter of your 'fic that portrays them. I do try to read a bit to get an idea for who I'm writing.
-Follow through with the final product. I don't need a review since it's a gift; just a simple 'Thanks for doing this!' will be great! It shows me you enjoyed it, which is why I love doing this.

You can use this template if you wish:

Name:
Species:
Personality:
Habits/quirks:
Likes/Dislikes:
Link to story:

Have fun! This will remain open until the end of October! I look forward to seeing who you submit, and choose the seven/ten when I close this! Sorry I feel the need to have such strict limitations this time.

Slots:

- K_S' Persian
- Persephone's Noci (I will never be able to pronounce its full name...)
- Torchic's Victoria
- Abra Punk's Antares
- ShinGojira's Frey
- Ambyssin's Gene
- System Error's Taiyoko
- IFBench's Gen

Almost everyone joined in K_S's roleplay thread so I accepted all entries, especially since there weren't as many as previous years. I look forward to writing this =D I'll read over the roleplay thread to get an idea of your characters. Thanks, K_S, that was a fantastic idea and one I hope to put forward each year! It definitely shows keenness and, I hope, builds excitement too!

Last edited:

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
(Art by Pledge)

Name: Gen

Species: Oshawott, formerly human

Gen lives in the PMD world at the moment, though he was from the Pokemon Adventures world before he was summoned there. He lived in Goldenrod City with his mom, dad, and younger brother before he was summoned. Currently, he's living with Saltriv's family in Overcast Village, which is on the Thunder Continent of the PMD world. He is a search party member, but he has a passion for cooking, and wants to own a restaurant and be the main chef of it someday.

Gen has anxiety, and an intense fear of being alone. He does not cope well with being alone for very long. He's kind, friendly, and is willing to help others, though he won't do so all the time depending on circumstances. He's a bit stubborn, and often keeps digging himself deeper into trouble until it seems impossible for him to get out of it. He's not very comfortable with his Oshawott body. He's friends with Saltriv and Burhalla, who are his teammates on Team Searchlights, and he cares a lot about his family, and misses them dearly. He really, really misses his home, family, and human body, and wants to go back with all his heart.

Gen is the main protagonist of Eternal Shadows, my PMD longfic.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Glad to see you running this again, Del! It's always a good time. I think I'm going to refrain from signing up unless it looks like you won't otherwise fill those slots so some people who haven't had the chance before can get in on the action, but I hope you get a fun crop of characters to work with!

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
Picture of the crime kitty of the hour...

w9vX8oN.png

Name: persian

Species: same as name

Personality: pers' a peticular mix of affectionate and troll. He'll toss smaller mon in his paws. He'll pounce them into to make them a tumble (think hobs from calvin and hobs) and insist the taller mon give him a lift.. As his visions better (literally and metaphorically). Hes a bit bossy but despite his high level not really a hunter. since he knows how to winnow meals from the best plates in viridian and will brag on all the best spots.

Hes a trained mon and fiercely proud of his trainer and mirrors Giovanni's emotionless practical battle manor in real fights or when wanting to scare the feathers off a foe. Serious fights he uses shadow/dark moves or normal physical type attacks (slash toxic and bite are favorites)

Outside of life death fights he picks his flashiest specials and posses while showing off. A fav tech is spiting a bubble beam and threading a thunderbolt through it to make a flashy entrance aka an arch. His power jem sparkles and he will piviot so they catch his eyes and bared claws just so...

Habits/quirks:
A bit of a show man and bragart. His kneejerk reaction to small feisty mon is to loom... Intimidate... Then swat them claws sheathed and go on about how they have guts. Bigger mon might be taunted but he wont be as big of a jerk as he's a history of getting stepped/sat on by his trainers nidoking and that has taught him some caution. He'll twiddle his claws and whiskers when in thought and try to meowth eyes his way out of bigger tham he can handle situations (think puss in boots)

He has a habbit of stealing pillows, sheets, and his trainer's fedora for kicks and loves soft things and ketchup. He will knock over anything red be it bottle or can to get to the possibility of getting ketchep.

Special physical quirks:
He has a rare genetic mutation that have made his eyes a pale near translucent blue "crystaline". His snout is mashed in on one side and his wiskers pernamently askew as a tribute to a "scuffle" with a police mans machamp. His ears are a bit frayed looking from slash scratching damage... And in mon in mon comunication he has a raspy (think smokers rasp) voice with a bit of an ittalian accent.

Likes/Dislikes: He hates water. (Will fight to the death not to be bathed). Loud noises. And lightning type attacks (because lightning equals rain and is loud ergo those attacks tie into his phobias and hates very well). Ketchup and fish are adored and be consumed on sight and any who get in the way between him and his favorite nibbles will be sporting holes if they dare...

Link to story: hes one of the main cast of "two paths"... Only got an ao3 link at the moment... Id recomend for reseach chapter 3 4 and 29.

Last edited:

DeliriousAbsol

*Crazy Absol Noises*
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. mawile
Interesting, but no one for me is applicable here. Damn PMD... :P Pokemon characters wouldn't work for various reasons, either
If your human characters train pokemon, you could have one of their pokemon enter the story? Like K.S pointed out, this was the case last year and I had so much fun with that character, too! It's entirely up to you. There's no pressure at all.

I've quickly edited the opening post to include this as an option. I unfortunately overlooked it ^^;

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
Name: Antares

Species: Garchomp

Personality: On a surface level, most would assume him to be nothing more than an absurdly egotistical and arrogant bastard with a hero complex. However, this overly-confident personality is nothing more than a facade he puts up as a result of trauma; he failed to save those who were close to him, so he swore to himself that he would be a "hero" and save whoever he could, even if they were a complete stranger. So, really, past the arrogant facade, he's genuinely very nice, (and very talkative), and tends to be overly protective of people he's only met five minutes ago.

Habits/quirks: Speaks with strangely antiquated vocabulary (whence, 'twas, 'tis, etc.) Tends to gnaw on his claws when deep in thought.

Likes: Being able to help whoever he can; being complimented; flying; fighting "villains" (or just fighting anyone in general)

Dislikes: Being unable to help in any situation; being insulted (even if it's only a joke); anyone deemed a "villain" (anyone that commits any crime, no matter how minor. also applies to those who are overly rude or condescending to others)

Link to story: (if you're okay with reading gore/death, then here's the fic: The Hero of Another Story. Otherwise, here's various RP posts that should help you understand the character a fair bit.)

Last edited:

ShiniGojira

Multiversal Extraordinaire
Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
Name: Fray

Species: Froslass

Appearance: Froslass wearing a blue bow-tie

Personality: She's a happy-go-lucky, easily-excited, joyful, friendly childlike ball of energy. Despite being a ghost that'd lived for a thousand years, she's easily impressed by a lot of things as she'd lived in a self-imposed isolation for centuries, kidnapping anyone she tries to befriend (which usually doesn't turn out so well for the victim as they're *Cough* Iced over *Cough*). She means well though, she... just often forgets that most Pokémon (or people) aren't quite as resistant to the cold like her.

Habits/quirks: She can't read or at least had forgotten how to. She has a tendency to ignore personal boundaries. She thinks ice and anything associated with it can never possibly hurt anyone, if they dislike her ice... well, it just means she's gotta do whatever it takes to win them over. Has a rather unhealthy obsession with food, especially cheese.

Likes: Ice, cheese, friends, ice, making friends, fun, cheese, ice, Litno, ice, dragons, ice and ice!

Dislikes: People being afraid of her, people who dislike ice, sand, being forced to not use her ice, hot temperatures.

Link to story: Not yet present in the story (might appear in a couple years idk, my writing is abysmally slow). But here's the fic if and when she appears: Just a Normal Day. Anyways, here's some posts containing the basic gists of her personality: Rp thingies, more rp thingies, Short drabble. She might be a little ooc in the first Rp (her magically learning how to read is something I overlooked) since I was still learning how to write her but the way she acts is pretty much her character.

Last edited:

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
(Ooc: laughs ill bite. The formal version will be up and running once Del green lights something for me and i get a vote on formating/location from participants.)

"Ah my young roomba spider kin ragazzo the joys of pounce verses tackle are numerous"

Lifts paw flicking one claw out.

"Primo... You see these paws. Silk soft.. Ragamuffin furred... Any extensive locomotion upon say dry grass or carpet and.. Poof. Fuzzy mit look. It looks no good on anyone.. Espcially me."

Claw two bared.

"Secendo... Theres a bit of lift to a pounce... You miss... Non fa niente... A bit of a twist and bounce off a wall or other mon and blam! You hit another spotand its a critical hit. Always good."

Thrid claw flicked out.

"Terzo? My favorite... Becuase of its lift pouncing can make the smallest mon bounce in turn. Like stone skipping ... except more screaming!"

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
I fully confess I have not taken part in these previously because I've been busy enough that I've missed the sign up windows. :V

1665516345432.png

Name: Gene
Species: Shadow Mewtwo
Personality:
Wisecracking meme lord who has a penchant for not taking things seriously. He is that mewtwo... made from a mix of Mew's DNA and a human subject's (Blaine). Despite a necrozma talking with him in his infancy to try and help him, he is ultimately captured in a Master Ball by Giovanni and "reprogrammed" to serve as Team Rocket's secret weapon... until the same necrozma defeats him, impaling him through the shoulder with a fragment of his crystal body. This costs him the ability to teleport. Instead, he can "Phantom Warp," phasing through reality like a ghost-type through a solid object, and create rifts much like Hoopa or Necrozma.

He ends up inside Eternatus, along with the rest of Earth, where his body is uncovered by a type: full who helps slowly deprogram his vicious killer instincts, darkening his skin in the process. He falls in love with the type: full, who is seemingly killed trying to defeat the ruler of Eternatus. He takes over a tiny, ragtag resistance operation in his boyfriend's place, but is hardly an effective leader.

Knows he can kick your ass and will gladly do so. Uses a psychic spoon a la Pokespec's Mewtwo. Think Dante from Devil May Cry. Or Shane. :V

Habits/quirks: Tapping his right temple when he's saying something. Coming up with (slightly belittling) nicknames for everyone.
Likes: Type: Full/Silvally, memes, blowing things up (for science), Mew (begrudgingly).
Dislikes: Giovanni, Team Rocket, Necrozma, Deoxys, Ultra Beasts, baths, pineapple on pizza.
Link to story: This chapter shows him off: https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/pokémon-mystery-dungeon-path-of-valor.370/post-60726

Partners
  1. suikaibuki
Well I'll last minuteish this, then.

Name: Taiyoko
Species: Volcarona

Personality: A proud and cunning Pokemon, although you might not be able to tell from how formal and respectful she is. She is very perceptive and intelligent. Mostly due to having seen a lot over her long life, to where her trainer, Prema Kannagi, sometimes uses her as consul for Pokemon behavior. Doesn't mind just relaxing, after all, she got to do a lot of that in her past.

Taiyoko once lived in an ancient castle, until a chance encounter with the future head priestess of a prestigious shrine. The Volcarona attacked her and her Pokemon, only to be laid out by her father and his Pokemon. He was captured and given to Prema as a gift. Despite the nature of her capture, Taiyoko respects her trainer deeply and considers herself to be Prema's laryeique, an untranslatable term referring to one who serves a worthy leader.

Habits/quirks: Taiyoko speaks in a tongue some Pokemon may have trouble understanding straight up. Specifically, she speaks the language of underground Pokemon with a cacophonus dialect, the sign of a powerful leader or territorial independent. It's mostly because she was using it for so long that she still speaks with it, hard for even Pokemon to break accents. She uses very specific terms when talking; she won't lend you a hand since she doesn't have any. She even understands scientific terms like tympanal membranes.

Likes/Dislikes: She enjoys testing herself, lending her wisdom, and being a part of something greater. But she doesn't take kindly to the cold-hearted or those who persist in ignorance, is very indifferent towards religion besides that which concerns her in some fashion, and she never understands the point of mochi.

Link to story:
Here and there since it's not here yet. I can give example dialogue if needed, since it hasn't happened yet.

DeliriousAbsol

*Crazy Absol Noises*
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. mawile
Thanks everyone! This is now closed, and I'll go through everything here and read over the roleplay thread later this week. I'll update the first post with the chosen characters then =D

Top Bottom