• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Spinda Cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Cleverly hidden in the Crossroads just west of Treasure Town was an underground cafe complete with wooden walls and floorboards, an array of seating arrangements for bodies of all shapes and sizes, and a few counters in the back for distributing classic bar foods and drinks. Near the corner were two Wobbuffet who each wobbled in unison, greeting those who arrived with the same gestures and waves. It seemed that portion was mostly for explorers, so the team wouldn't be able to use that facility much. The bars for food, however, were happily open to anyone.

Depending on the time of day, Spinda Cafe would be bustling with a crowd that had just returned from a mission, or is preparing to depart for one. Other times, it would be a quiet, cozy atmosphere for those taking the day off. Recently, however, there was an air of tense helplessness as news of the plague spread from need-to-know to full-blown conspiracy...

<><><>

Day 15, Early Noon ~ A Dandy Arrival

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Icetales strode down the dirt path, marveling at the unknown panorama surrounding him. Feeling relaxed, he breathed out a few snowflakes from his mouth. The crystals danced merrily in the air, leaving behind blue sparkles of frigid energy, until they evaporated in a thin mist. Ah, what peace!

"Golly! This day is perfect for some good-natured frolicking! If only I could share this moment with someone..." he commented, walking under the shade of an enormous tree. And yet, despite the serene appearance, he knew that the world was in danger. Not only that, but some force had summoned him to help save it. He needed a plan.

"So, first things first, I should locate my fellow heroes. Perhaps they could tell me more about the situation and elucidate their current strategy... if they have any, obviously." He frowned, thinking about his responsibilities and role as a hero. "However, if I want to be of any help, I would need to strengthen my persona, both in spirit and in body. I cannot face a threat without some proper preparation, can I? I only need to figure out where and how I can train..."

But then, something attracted Icetales' attention: incessant chatter and laughters coming from a nearby area. He flicked his ears, trying to pinpoint the source.

"Hm? Where does this come from?"

Following the noises with his sensitive hearing, the Vulpix came across some hole located nearby a crossroads. Wooden stairs led to the depth of the earth, as well as to the origin of the mixed and unknown voices.

Icetales blinked. "Ah! What if I the heroes have their hideout down there? It is imperative of me to check out!"

Without further ado, he climbed down the stairs, and reached what seemed to be some bar of sorts. Some Pokémon were scattered around the room, talking to themselves or simply enjoying a hearty meal. A Spinda stood by the desk at the end of the room, mixing some unknown liquid inside a shaker in his paws, while a Wynaut and a Wobbuffet were giving some tickets to some Pokémon.

"Oh! What a joyful sight! A bar! I could really use a drink!" exclaimed Icetales to himself, his eyes starting to sparkle like gemstones.

Grinning eagerly, he marched toward the desk and found a seat that was low enough for him, before jumping on its top. He perked up at finding a nearby list of all the dishes and drinks, and dragged it toward himself to take a read. "Time to quench my thirst! I shall look for the heroes as soon as I'm done. So, what selection of teas do they offer here...?"

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
The little charmander's makeshift stand had gotten Bahamut thinking about other uses for foodstuffs. It had been terrifyingly long since he'd actually done any sort of work with, say, incenses, but a cursory scan of the shops in Treasure Town revealed nothing that would help him in his endeavors. But Bahamut wound up smelling tasteful aromas toward the town's entrance. He spotted a literal hole in the ground. How had the team missed that? Or, perhaps, it had been sealed during the magikarp episode.

Regardless, he slithered his way down the stairs. Thankfully his body was much smaller than what he was used to, so it made things easy. What he wasn't prepared for was to see an ice vulpix that wasn't the one he'd scared off a couple of weeks back. And his voice was familiar.

... oh. Right. There was a new recruit.

Rather than float up to the vulpix, he opted to curl up by the door and rest his head on his upper chest spike. Of course, going unnoticed was an issue when one glowed like Bahamut did.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“Aww, don’t they have mint tea here? Outrageous!” grumbled Icetales, pushing the list aside. “It appears I’ll have to find it somewhere else…”

It was then that the Vulpix noticed how bright the entire bar has become. It was almost like the sun itself had just decided to descend from the heavens to join the common mortals.

“Oh? How curious! What…?”

The Vulpix turned around, having to narrow his eyes to endure the sudden brightness. And there was the responsible of the light: some kind of creature with spikes made of prisms, who was resting by the entrance of the cafe.

His ears flicked and his tails quivered, in a mix of awe and suspicion. They surely stood out among others, just like a Sinistea trying to hide among glasses.

Bejabers! Just who and what is that fellow? I’ve… never seen anyone quite like them before.

Icetales looked at the Spinda, who was still stirring his mixer and prancing around. He sighed in annoyance: the owner of the cafe seemed way more interested in shaking whatever he was shaking than attending clients.

Well, it’s not like he will stop anytime soon. I might as well try to make a few acquaintances. But first…

He flattened the fur on his chest with a paw, making sure that all locks were even. The first impression mattered the most, he knew from both his jobs.

So! Remember thy training, Vulpix Kyukon Keo’Keo X. Politeness. Courteousness. Etiquette.

A deep breath to calm his nerves, and Icetales was ready to go. He hopped off of his seat with grace, not even making a thump when he hit the floor, and strode toward the newcomer. Their appearance was imposing, powerful, almost menacing… nothing he wasn’t used to deal with on a daily basis while working with Gafferine Delcatty.

And then, he stopped by the shining creature and showed a respectful smile.

“Greetings, dear fellow. I could not help but notice thy presence, and I fancied the idea of getting to know thee. How are thee doing in this fair day?”

Last edited:

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
The Spinda’s reply didn’t go unheard to Icetales, who spun in his direction.

“Oh?” He glanced at Bahamuth. “Huh, please, excuse me…”

The Vulpix sprinted toward the desk and looked at the barmon, as joy shone in his eyes.

“Ah, that’s most delightful news, sir! Do not hesitate to call me or let me know as soon as the order is ready, yes? I will be back here in an instant.” He turned around. “Now I will reunite with the other guest. It is most impolite to leave someone waiting.”

Feeling in high spirits, the Vulpix trotted back to the potential acquaintance. Though, he couldn’t help but wonder… do they drink? And if they do, do they enjoy tea?

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
A pensive look spread over Bahamut’s face. “It’s been a long time since I heard anyone talk like that.” He didn’t move from his position. “Are you an aristocrat, per chance?”

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“That I am, good sir. Tenth son of Ninetales the Magnificent, patriarch of the renowned Kyukon Dynasty.” He bowed courteously and shook his tails, releasing a powdery mist and giving to himself a gleaming aura. “Name’s Vulpix Kyukon Keo’Keo X, but among friends I’m simply known as Icetales.”

He stood back up and tilted his head, his mind analyzing the timber of voice of the other Pokémon. It sounded… very familiar.

“Thy voice isn’t new to me… Who I have the pleasure to talk to?”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“I see.” Again, Bahamut didn’t adjust his position. A pensive blue spread through his eyes and face. Actual nobility. A pity. The poor icepix didn’t know what he was getting himself in to, did he?

“I am Bahamut.” His mismatched eyes peered down at Icetales. “Riddle me this, aristocrat: exactly what did the fake charizard tell you about what you’re doing here?”

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Icetales frowned. “Erm… Not much, admittedly. All I know is that there is some kind of threat in this world, that I’m here to help save it and that I will forget everything when I will return to my world.”

He scratched his chin and narrowed his eyes. “And come to think of it… he didn’t even introduce himself. He just zapped me with some ominous black sorcery, and… I ended up here, just like that. He seemed quite in a hurry, from what little I could gather. I really wonder why…”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Let me guess... it was one of the kittens. They spend so much time in the main dojo area I’d assume they owned the building if it didn’t look like a marowak.

Bahamut sighed. But he filed the report away for later. If it was Brisa or Starr, he’d have to keep an eye on them. This wasn’t a power to be toyed with in some simple spar.

“Tell me, Icepix, how proficient are you in battle? Because you were brought here to fight.” Red and orange spread through his eyes.

Last edited:

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
‘How proficient are you in battle?’

Wide blue pupils stared blankly at the tangerine shades in Bahamut’s eyes, as Icetales felt something stirring in his spirit.

Proficient. Battle.

Why did those words made him feel so cold all of a sudden? They were so innocuous, yet so frightening. Why was that?

Proficient… his muzzle connecting with the floor, and a snarling Obstagoon towering him. He didn’t show proficiency, he showed ineptitude.

Battle… a rain of noodles and soup staining his fur, and the Obstagoon laughing at his misery. He didn’t win a battle, he lost a war.

He had never been a battle type, this much he knew. He wasn’t as strong as Keo’Keo XI, who was a renowned Ice Master in their country and who could put Lady Articuno to shame with his ice prowess.

Also, he wasn’t as graceful as Keo’Keo III, whose grace and beauty allowed her to create the most mesmerizing Fairy-fueled spectacles and allowed her to take down her opponents with her majesty.

No. He had never proved any actual battle skills. This much… was true. However, he had never tried that path in his life, so who knew? Perhaps, with some adequate training, he would become able to fight? For them, for the world? He had smarts, all he needed was power, and he was ready to fight hard to achieve that.

“…I cannot say to be a powerful battler, no,” admitted Icetales, glancing briefly at the floor. “Notwithstanding… I am not one to back down from a challenge. I may have many adjectives tied to my persona, but coward… isn’t one of them.”

He looked deep into Bahamut’s eyes, a cold aura irradiating from his pupils. “And if I have to trudge through the dirt and mud alongside my fellow heroes… if I have to break my bones and to spill tears and sweat to achieve my goal… then so be it. I will prove it. I shall prove to be a valid asset to everyone. This… is a promise.”

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Again, Diyem had shown his ineptitude when it came to recruiting. Again Bahamut considered just what sort of stake Diyem had in all of this. If he truly wanted this world saved, why was he taking such a sloppy approach to forming a team to fight for it?

“It would seem... our handler deceived you.” Bahamut coiled his long tail around Icepix. “I apologize on his behalf for his recklessness putting you in potential danger.

“That look in your eyes... it was brief, but I know it well. ‘The shackles of past traumas weigh down the mind.’” He curled an upper wing and tapped it to his beak.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Confess your sins, first. I know you are hiding them.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Icetales blinked in wonder at having the telepathic debate projected into his mind. He could tell that there was some bad blood between the ‘fake Charizard’ and the radiant fellow, but he was unaware of the reasoning of such animosity. And what was that thing about ‘exploding’…?

Nevertheless, he knew he had to say something.

Sirs, please. If thou allow me, I would like to… think my own about this matter.

Whether I’ve been brought here because of some caprice, or as a result of deception, or perhaps because fate willed it… that’s irrelevant now. The undeniable fact is that I am here, and if I have to dance, then I shall dance.

Icetales glanced at the shining tail loosely wrapped around his body, before looking up at Bahamut and showing a thin smile.

“Sir Bahamut, I can see thou have reservations about me, and it seems thou are also concerned about my wellbeing. This, I appreciate.” He sighed and looked away. “And thy analysis is accurate: my mind is smeared with foul memories, deep gashes and countless doubts. They will be forever a part of my persona, and all I can do is to shack up with them.”

Icetales shook his head and looked straight at Bahamut, his tails swaying gently. “But there is a poem from my world, which goes as follows.”

He closed his eyes as his mind skimmed through memories of past books and teachings.

“No matter how deep the cut is,
As long as thy heart keeps beating,
Make that experience thy own,
So that next time thou’ll stop the blade.”

He opened his eyes again and showed a determined grin. “Or, to put it simply, even if I am not able to erase the past and forget my pain, I can learn from it and become stronger and wiser, so that I won’t get hurt anymore.”

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“Words that are wise beyond years.” Bahamut cracked a smile. “Consider this, though: ‘the blank canvas is only limited by the artist’s imagination.’” He paused for Icepix to reflect on it.

“You are in a new world. In a temporary body. You can reinvent yourself however you see fit.” He uncurled his wing and tail. “You are quite the fascinating noble. It will be interesting to see what you accomplish here.”

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Icetales nodded, mulling over Bahamut’s words.

“I shall keep that advice in mind, sir,” he said, before showing a grin of his own. “And thou seem quite the interesting fellow, too. It has been a pleasure to get to know thee.”

He turned to the desk. Quite some time had passed since they started talking. Surely his tea was almost ready.

“Say, dost thou fancy talking a bit about ourselves or something in front of a good drink?” He glanced at the surrounding tables. “We could sit somewhere and discuss this whole hero business. I’d like to know everything there is to know about the current situation.”

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“Very well. Though you will be the only one drinking.” He pointed into his open beak. “No organs to digest with.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom