• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Spinda Cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa had to stifle a purr of her own.

"Here goes..."

Aria's paw connected with hers, and golden threads lightly wrapped around it. Nothing she couldn't snap just by pulling away. She could feel safe.

The rush of feeling was, as usual, mostly unilateral. Contentedness, excitement, the pleasant haze of having had just enough to drink. Warmth, especially in the eartips, but throughout her torso and limbs. A mild numbness against the noise of the cafe and the hard edges of the world.

Brisa noted with pleasure that Aria would feel all that, along with a strong sense of her intentions. To let Aria have a good time. To feel at ease. To be friends. And, to Brisa's faint alarm, Aria would very possibly notice how sincere Brisa's growing attraction to the lucario was. Ah. Shit.

This is what she got for not being mindful of her drink, she supposed.

Last edited:

ExplosiveTurkey

gib bludoge pls
Pronouns
him/his
In return, she would first feel a twinge of surprise, followed by the warmth of gratitude at her intentions. But just like before, a cold fog surrounded those emotions, an unwillingness to show more than what was needed.

Then, the pleasant numbness set in. Bit by bit, the fog receded, giving Brisa a glimpse of what made the lucario tick.

Tired relief, as she remembered why she used to drink, mixed in with shame for having given in to temptation. Distant memories rose to the surface, bringing with it the melancholic joy of nostalgia. But that was interrupted, perhaps concerningly, by a throb of panic, which was quickly pulled out of sight. In its place, however, was something even more concerning. Triumph, devious and unfettered, at the realization that—

"Hm... I see how it is~"

Aria closed her paw tight around Brisa's, grinning with a half-lidded gaze.

"Bought me a drink, so that's one step out of the way. How about we skip a couple more?"

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa's eyes widened at that. Oh, fuck. Okay. She forgot how words worked for a second. Fortunately (or unfortunately, perhaps), the whiskey spoke for her.

"Oh, d'you find me compellin' enough fer that, Aria?" she asked, conscious of the complexity in the lucario's feelings, and the vulnerability inherent in the whiplash binding. She wouldn't leap at the invitation, not if it might not be serious. She wasn't the kind of gal to pressure anyone like that.

But still, a part of her thrilled to have had someone make an offer like that, even if only to tease her.

"'Cause I could make time fer it," she added, playfully.

ExplosiveTurkey

gib bludoge pls
Pronouns
him/his
Aria raised a brow, amusement written in her expression as well as pouring through their connection. She looked to have a response ready at her lips, but the words didn't come out, a hint of uncertainty slowly pervading her thoughts. Then, she blinked.

Her face betrayed very little, but a flood of remorse embittered the Whiplash, moments before Aria snatched her paw back.

"I... uh, sorry. Shouldn't be leading you on like this, especially when you've had a bit to drink."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa kept her smile, albeit one a little drier than before.

"That's too bad. Maybe y'can lead me on when I'm sober," she joked. "It's been fun. Ain't had nobody pursue me before."

She left her paw out in the open for a moment, and flexed her digits absentmindedly.

"I don't mind this, y'know," she added. "It takes a lot more drink than this fer me to lose my head. I wanna make sure ya realise that, okay?"

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa chuckled. Oh, there was a reaction there. Mm. Neat. Her ears were still warm, but she was very much at her ease.

"It weren't among the reasons I offered t'give you a 'lash, but I was alright with it. I knew it might happen. An' I didn't drop the connection when I realised it was happenin'."

She raised a brow, smirking drily. "Why, does it matter?"

ExplosiveTurkey

gib bludoge pls
Pronouns
him/his
Well then. Her caution had been entirely misplaced, it seemed.

"Kind of. I wasn't sure if you were just trying to be open, if it was an accident, or if it was your way of coming on to me. All I knew is that I was a few steps shy of making you mewl if I wanted to, so I ran with it."

Aria mirrored the smirk, her confidence having returned in the blink of an eye. It was almost enough to give an onlooker whiplash. "And from what I can tell, you won't mind if I keep it up, will you?"

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"I don't expect I'd mind at all," drawled Brisa, her ears heating up again.

Mostly because Aria's immediate retreat at the thought she might be taking advantage of Brisa was . . . intensely reassuring. Even if it was a little condescending.

Brisa wondered if the lucario was right about being able to make her 'mewl'. She'd like to see her try. Genuinely.

"Although, I won't spoil things fer ya by tellin' you what yer chances are of getting' that mewl yer after," she jibed.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Couldn't say, darlin'. I think I'm catchin' on quick fer a gal with no experience t'speak of herself. Who's t'say yer aptitude ain't all just from those flirtin' competitions you mentioned?"

Brisa had meant it as a bit of ribbing, but it made a certain kind of sense now that she said it out loud...

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa chuckling, scoffing gently.

"Yeah, that makes two of us. Well, if'n y'change yer mind, lemme know. I bet it'd be fun."

She waved over some more drinks for them both and settled in for a pleasant, playful evening. Aria was excellent company, and the longer Brisa spent time with her, the easier it was to see herself making it through one more challenge, and maybe even seeing her friends again.

"Yer really somethin'," she drawled, nodding at Aria with equal parts respect and affection. "I'm glad y'all made it here."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom