• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Specifying the Kind of Story Feedback You Want

WildBoots

Donā€™t underestimate seeds.
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. moka-mark
  2. solrock
Curious where things sit with this right now! šŸŒ»

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
Like everything else I suspect.Under a pile of blitz reviews...

Though seriously no clue as I haven't heard any news....

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Next step is to draw up some draft "standard" critique requests (no critique, no line-by-lines, anything you like, etc.) for feedback and then amend the fanfic posting guidelines to address this topic. Currently it's in line behind forum upgrade stuff, moderator/disciplinary guidelines, and some minor rules amendments.

Until the site itself is reformatted/adjusted to accomidate the review system you go with how about a pinned thread? Set up free form "reviews, your preferences, beta v.1.?" sorta of thing with each author/artist has one post to write what they want with each story ect and edit that post with a time stamp to show when someone adds something new ect? You can see how we set up out areas when given no leash and draw ideas from that?
I think it would probably be easiest to have people specify within their own story threads, rather than having a central hub; makes it more convenient for reviewers, and easier for authors who may have multiple fics they'd like treated differently... that way they can simply add or change a request for any particular story while they're working on that thread anyway, rather than having to maintain a masterpost of sorts.

We'll definitely update and revise any "standardized" options based on what we see people actually requesting on their stories, though!

Nubushi

恗恶恄
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. slowpoke-hgss
  2. togekiss-nubushi
Just wanted to drop by and say I think that the fact this conversation is happening is itself a really great thing. In particular, I feel like it's important to take into consideration that younger/less experienced writers might not be ready for a lot of harsh/blunt c/c, I don't think I have ever seen writers' preferences taken into consideration in any other writing forum that I've been a part of. So, thanks for being awesome. šŸ‘

Rainfall

minVP ADC atomic step action potential
Pronouns
he/they
Partners
  1. minior
[DRAFT - can ignore šŸ˜… ]
[and this trends a bit to the adjacent topic on reviewing in general, not necessarily re: reviewing level specifications, though it's still relevant, I believe; forgetting if there was another standalone thread yet on that.]

(I've forgotten what I've tried to keep in RAM on this, but going to go ahead and post this as an in-place reminder to self more than anything)

There's a nice reviewing thread or two on/in Bulbagarden's Writer's Workshop, and someone's mentioned a good reviewing thread on/in The Cave of Dragonflies.

(I believe Tetra has had something in the plans.)
(There was at least one note relevant to the feedback-specification topic on this in Review Blitz 2 (2021) feedback; from Nubushi.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom