• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Shaymin Village

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
This was going about how their other endeavors had. Yet the team always pulled through despite things looking grim at the onset. But this corruption was not doing any favors to Bahamut's teammates.

"Little one!" He turned to the vulpix — what was her name again? Oh, yes, Astrid — and offered a small, weak pulse of light from his right hand. "Keep your chin up. Do not give into the shadows."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave stared at the horde of Shaymin preparing another Seed Flare, panting, his legs shaking from the exertion of three consecutive attacks. How they fuck were they supposed to stop them? Raw, nauseating panic rose from his stomach in a thick, suffocating ooze. They were losing. They'd die here.

The familiar tug of the Poochyena brain's instinct to get out of there, now, echoed somewhere, distantly, but something else overpowered it, a cold, piercing clarity.

Yeah? Good. Finally. Just get in there and let them vaporize you and maybe if you're lucky you won't wake up at all. Go on, Taunt, make them go for you. Maybe it'll save some of the others, even.

For a split second he considered it, insults on the tip of his tongue, before something clawed back through in revulsion. What the fuck. It was the Shadow machine, fucking with him. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, trying to think through the haze.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Celeste turned around and flashed his teeth at Soda. “Shut up, you useless imbecile. We’re not going to ‘lose it.’ Don’t treat me like some kind of bloody feral, I’m perfectly capable of keeping control of myself!”

"Well I wouldn't say he's useless..." Far from it, in Vix's opinion. Honestly, she would have been more vocal about it, if she wasn't worried for her own life. Someone else can get on the already pissed off Absol's nerves.

R4 – Shadowfication

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Roughly half the team slowed their pacing to recover some of their strength; they had been fighting for at least a minute straight by now, and the constant exertion was starting to get to them, even as the Machine continued to charge its attack and the horde continued its onslaught. The team responded in kind, following Owen's advice and Maple's commands. They decided, in the end, to focus on the Shaymin to stun the Seed Flare--they didn't think they would be able to take another of those just yet.

Vix's Double Heat Wave dealt 98 damage to the Shaymin and 61 damage to the Machine's shield!
Nip Lashed Out thrice, dealing a total of 852 damage to the Shaymin!
Dave's double Assurance dealt 420 damage to the Shaymin!
Starr's double Flare Blitz dealt 622 to the Shaymin Horde, and she took 62 HP in recoil!

"We did it! We stunned them!" Owen shouted, and then called for Curio to go for the Machine to get another punch on it.

Curio's Drain Punch dealt 92 damage to the Shadow Machine, shattering its barrier! Her Radiant Fist dealt another 274 damage to the core! Its defense went down!

The Shadow Machine’s rumbles were impossible to ignore, but Owen had no idea what it was trying to do. Several times during the battle, while dodging Shaymin and blasting in counterattacks, he stole glances and tried to articulate what he was sensing. But every time, he couldn’t—it wasn’t until its shell abruptly opened completely that he realized what it was about to do.

The core was crackling with built-up dark energy. And in a single blast—

“Wait! Watch ou—”

The Shadow Machine used Shadow Awakening!

Countless beams of darkness shot out in all directions. The beams were fast but not lightspeed, yet several Shaymin got in the way of the blast. Maple and her team were much better at dodging, while several of Team Spectrum rolled, hopped, or flew out of the way just in time. All but a select few—and Owen, who tried to Protect against it, was one of them.

It pierced straight through the barrier and struck Owen in the chest. For an instant, his body became pitch black.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
“Curio!”

Brisa dove in front of the attack without hesitation, the way she once had for Celeste, the way she had long done for strangers, the way she always would do. But her desperation to put herself between Curio and harm was something new. She barely flinched as the beam of shadowy energy made contact with her chest, but then she hunched over with head lowered and tail falling, and put a paw to her chest as if clasping a wound from which no blood flowed.

"Oh... I guess I had this comin'," she said, hollow-voiced. "It’s okay. Better me than you, Curio... I deserve this."

As she spoke, midnight-purple haze spread from where the beam had struck her. Brisa's body didn't seem to change, but any onlooker's eyes couldn't help but be drawn to the predatory aspect she now clearly exemplified. The teeth. The claws. The feral snarl. Her eyes went wide and glazed over, without emotion, thought, or mercy. Her fur did not glow as it should during battle, but sparked and crackled like lightning in a storm-cloud.

How had no-one seen it before? This wasn't a person. This was a violent animal. This was a threat.

A hazy shadow-self emerged from her back, and as it took form, it almost looked human for half a moment. It was hard to look at, not because it was obscured or faint, but because it took concentration to ignore the beast beneath. The shadow rose up on its hind legs to look down at Brisa. It wept floods of tears from forlorn eyes, and clutched at a chest wound which flowed freely with each heartbeat. Radiant chains and shackles restrained it at the wrists and neck like a captured prisoner.

Perhaps the fearsome appearance was illusion, then? A façade for a girl in pain? No. Look there. See the feral eyes. The dagger-sharp teeth. The lightning in her fur. This is not a person. This is a dangerous beast that ought to be put down.

Her markings writhed unnaturally, desperate to change.

She turned on Curio with eyes ablaze with Radiance and lightning at her mouth.

"You don't forgive me!" she snarled. "I'll prove it."

you don't forgive me.jpg

Last edited:

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
The dark beam struck Nate in the shoulder, leaving a black and dripping welt. Hissing curses under his breath, he pressed a hand over the wound and glared at the nightmare-maker or whatever the fuck it was. Asshole.

The dark liquid bubbling up between his fingers couldn't possibly be blood. The dark liquid was *his fingers*, which when Nate pulled his arm away stretched and then snapped like strands of melted cheese. "Oh, fuck," Nate breathed as he watched black spread up his arm, and with it a horrible burning. "Oh, fuck, that *hurts*." Skin sloughed away and dark liquid bubbled out from underneath, dribbling and pooling around his feet. "Oh, fuck." Pained tears leaked from his eyes, dissolving flesh as they dragged black trails down his face. "Oh, fuck, that hurts, that hurts, that hurts..."

Purplish steam rose from the expanding puddle around Nate, mixing with the miasma in the air to coagulate into the vague shape of a mudkip. Yellow lights gleamed from its hazy face like eyes, vacant and indifferently staring while Nate struggled and cried out below.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Cabot's eyes widened as the machine fired the beam at him. With no time to dodge, he reflexively threw up his arms in an attempt to shield himself.

"Agh!"

Cabot fell to his knees and clutched his head after the beam struck him. Shadowy haze began to rise up from the Cranidos as his scales turned a dark gray, not unlike those of a Rampardos, and the blue on his head and back turned indigo just like his scarf.

"What… is happening to me?"

Cabot breathed heavily for a moment, until he eventually grit his teeth and opened his eyes, which were now yellow instead red. A dark silhouette of a Rampardos formed behind Cabot as the Cranidos got up and glanced at Owen, Brisa, and Nate, before looking at the rest of his teammates with a piercing glare.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
A great and looming shadow towered over everything around Owen, who somehow seemed smaller than before. His toes looked like cracked, glass with black crevices in the middle. This shattered pattern crawled up his legs, stopping as long, creeping lines that wrapped over his shoulders, which were slumped. His eyes stared vacantly forward, pupils dilating and narrowing as so many thoughts ran through his head, thoughts that he thought he’d had taken care of.

“I… I understand, now,” Owen said, though he felt a presence behind him. As everyone was trying to get to their feet from the blast, Owen turned to face the haze that had emerged from him. It was a Charizard, larger than life, perhaps twice the usual height of one, or more. Pure black, with eyes lacking pupils that shined a brilliant yet sinister gold. It stared down at Owen, disappointed at the pitiful thing.

“I… want to go home.” Even though Owen’s voice was distorted, there was an unsettling, firm serenity to his tone. Like he not only truly believed this, but he had evidence to prove what he was about to say. “That’s all I’ve wanted. I don’t belong here… All of this fighting… I’m fighting for someone else again. All over again, I’m someone else’s tool. I’m… so tired…” The Charizard leaned down and picked Owen up, cradling him in his massive arms and wings.

“I have to let it win. I have… to kill you… I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. But… it’s not our bodies. We’ll go home. And then we’ll forget everything…” From within the great beast’s wings, Owen smiled.

The Charizard’s roar split the air.

The Shadow Machine’s corruption gave Cabot, Owen, Brisa, and Nate a +1 Shadow Endure. Their corruption will not go below 100, their HP will not go below 1, and any status effects and debuffs they gain will be delayed for 1 turn.

Cynthian took 12 damage from Astrid's Hail...

The miasma continues to corrupt the land...

Maple cursed. “They’re linked to the machine! We can’t keep it that way! Destroying the machine now might hurt their very auras, and you’re all unstable enough as it is! We need to free them before dismantling that thing!”

“Doubt it can launch an attack like that again,” Soda said. “If you’re panicked, just take that machine out now! You guys exploded before, how bad can it be if you take it out first?!”

Special Condition: Defeat the Shadow Machine with zero Team Spectrum members at 100 or higher Shadows!

Shadow Machine: 3495 + 150
Shaymin: 7935
Owen: 1390
Brisa: 1550
Cabot: 2300
Nate: 1710

The Shaymin are preparing Grass Whistle!

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Shit," Soda grunted, glancing at Curio when she had come away from her Radiant Fist against the machine. When she did, Shadows jutted out from the machine and into the air, and Soda glanced at the others. "Radiance!" he shouted. "Radiance knocks away their Shadows!"

Maple blinked then looked to the Shaymin. "Mine haven't."

"Theirs might."

NebulaDreams

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. luxray
  2. hypno
“Curio!”

Brisa dove in front of the attack without hesitation, the way she once had for Celeste, the way she had long done for strangers, the way she always would do.

Curio watched as Brisa took the bullet for her, sponging the damage from that shadow attack. She should've been grateful. Should've. But it made her feel sick. If it wasn't for her, Brisa wouldn't have taking the hit, and now, Brisa--

"Oh... I guess I had this comin'," she said, hollow-voiced. "It’s okay. Better me than you, Curio... I deserve this."

No.

"Brisa, you idiot!" she screamed, digging her claws into her palm. "Don't you dare get yourself killed for my sake!" Did Brisa really think that lowly of herself? Well, Curio knew the answer: she did and she didn't. She knew how she felt, but now wasn't the time for self sabotage!

Now the shadow was overtaking Brisa, it was magnifying all of her negative energy, just like that encounter with Cynthian. But Curio knew just what to do after beating the stuffing out of that shadow last time: use her Radiant powers. She didn't care if she was glowing already -- she just needed to hold out a bit longer for Brisa's sake.

She turned on Curio with eyes ablaze with Radiance and lightning at her mouth.

"You don't forgive me!" she snarled. "I'll prove it."

"I do forgive you, and I'll prove it."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave backed away, ears pinned flat. Fuck, shit, what the fuck. He'd heard, vaguely, that something like this had happened to Cynthian, but - just what the hell was going on with Brisa and Owen?

His heart hammered in his chest, icy fear still clawing at him for all his efforts to dismiss it, that strange yet weirdly familiar voice still urging him to just... why couldn't he just fucking concentrate. He closed his eyes again, tried to block out everything. They had to fix this. They had to fix them.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Madness! Rushing through the battlefield was utter madness! Corrupted Shaymin! Corrupted teammates! Corrupting machine!

That was surely the most dangerous mission Icetales had to face so far, but he didn’t have time to have second doubts. He needed to do his job, and he couldn’t bear to hear the pained cries for help any longer. So, he scouted the entire battlefield for any downed comrade, making sure to avoid being struck down before he got the chance to heal someone.

His heart shattered when he saw his fellow mates Brisa, Cabot and Owen being possessed by dark auras. However, his attention shifted when he spotted the battered Curio, barely clinging onto her consciousness. Many others were in equally critical conditions, but as much as he wished he could heal them all, he only had one shot. So, he braced himself and hurried toward the Riolu.

“Miss Curio! Hang in there!” cried out Icetales, his steps as delicate as hoarfrost on grass. He stared at her in concern. “Goodness gracious! Thou art covered in gashes! A-Allow me to relieve some of thy pain…”

Icetales concentrated hard into his power, channeling a soft green aura and spreading it toward his comrade. Those wounds… ah! No! He focused all his attention on his healing energy, refusing to even think about those wounds. He needed them mended stat!

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
A waxy puddle bubbled and popped in support of her term. The others couldn't really understand her, but she was probably saying really inspirational. It might even have been quoted in some famous book down the line. It's a shame Diyem doesn't have a translator for being a liquid.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Raging flames consumed the horde. Starr had a job to do, and she was gonna do it. While her allies dealt with the machine, she kept the fires hot that kept the swarming grass-types at bay. They'd caught her off-guard; she wasn't gonna let that happen again. Even as the pain from her own moves clouded her mind, she couldn't let up or their lineup would fall.

That fog. She could feel it pulsing in the back of her head. Tiny daggers needling into her thoughts. But she couldn't let it get to her. She'd given herself worse for so long, this was nothing. Maybe the others were feeling it by now, but she couldn't, she wouldn't. Had to focus on nothing else. Nothing but the mission. Just pure, ruthless precision. She could do this.

And then everything went to hell at once. The shadows overtook them--Nate, Cabot, Owen, Brisa. They'd turned against their own side. Had to stop them. But the horde was preparing another attack. She had to strike back, had to keep up the offensive, had to support the team.

Starr spun around. Brisa was advancing on Curio. Not enough time.

No. She could do both.

Starr pushed herself forward, trails of green energy extending from her fangs and sinking into a half dozen Shaymin, draining their energy, mending the havoc her own flames had torn through her. Then, without wasting a second, she plunged an arm into her bag and drew out the glassy orb with swirling mist inside, instantly teleporting to Curio's side.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Despite his efforts, his teammates fell into despair. Fitting, given how past attempts at helping had gone for Bahamut. But Cibus was different. It had to be different. He couldn't let things end the same way.

O mighty cosmos, shapers of the universe... give those who have sunk into the depths of darkness your blessings so they may find their ways back.

Golden tendrils surrounded Owen... ready to leech his energy away. After this, he wouldn't listen to Owen saying he wasn't a kid. Eagerly accepting the corruption without much of a fight was quite childish.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Everything happened so fast. The flowery aroma of a sweet scent was making it hard to focus. Hard to dodge. The fennekin shared a bit of an elixir with Nip. He called forth his radiant energy, summoning a duplicate of himself. That should throw them off a bit.

But just as he thought he had a moment to breathe...

Nip tilted his head up, his feathers and ear drooping as he looked at the hazy charizard with a horrified expression.

Kill. Kill him. He was. was going to. Kill him. Kill you.

Gnashing fangs, the phantom burn of fairy energy.

"No!" Nip cried out, dark energy swirling around his claws. "I've had enough! Stop it! You won't hurt me anymore!"

He charged blindly towards his kin friends allies enemies.

Nip is Lashing Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom