• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Sharpedo Bluff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Croconaw stepped out after them and closed the door behind her with a huff. "How come you guys are here, anyway? Where are you from? Because you picked a bad time to show up..."

“The bad times are the reason we’re here. Some Charzard-looking oaf told us this world needed saving, and that he could send us here... or something like that, the lad wasn’t the clearest. Left out some important details, too, like the fact I’d lose one of my senses when I arrived.”

Celeste sighed. Again. He’d really been working out his signing muscles. “I’ve been running around both metaphorically and literally half-blind. If you know what’s going on, I’d appreciate the help... Not that I’m in a position to be making demands...” Unless he had something I could offer in return, maybe?

He stopped to think. Could he still Wish for healing? He’d seen what appeared to be medicine, anyone who neede that had a decent chance of being someone who could use healing. More importantly than getting the information, he’d earn gratitude. It’d patch up the massive hole he’d blown in the relationship with someone who seemed to be a useful person to have on his side.

Ho-oh’s blessing was tied directly to his spirit, if it were anyone else, he’d be sure it would have carried over, but he would’ve thought it impossible to separate him from his disaster sense, too. Diyem had managed to bungle that up. Surely, Diyem would’ve found a way to bungle his wishing up, too.

He couldn’t afford to make a deal if he wasn’t sure he could uphold his end. That would win him no favour... Dammit, Diyem.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Oh, yes, blame me, of course.

Croconaw didn't look very convinced. "If you guys are the ones that are trying to fight that thing... good luck. I bet if Mom and Dad were here, we wouldn't have this problem at all, but... maybe they're getting caught up in saving some other crisis again." She looked down. "That thing just showed up randomly. Pokemon are starting to get sick all over the world. I thought we were done with all this years ago..."

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Mellow glanced between the group and blinked. Just what had happened? ...Had they gone into someone's home...?

"What the Absol said. We came here to help. And we will!"

At least, she hoped so. She'd do her best...

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
There was an illness spreading all over? Okay, he had to try Wishing.

“I... I might be able to help. If the guy responsible didn’t mess it up like he did my disaster sense, I should be able to Wish for healing. Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t bet anything on his his competence, but I have to try it. I’ve used it to cure disease before, it could work again. It is my duty to try.”

Disaster sense be damned. Diyem, if you can make one thing work for me, let it be this. I want to help fight this sickness.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Plagues are a part of life. But I suppose a supernatural plague would warrant an investigation...

"You think you can, huh?" Croconaw said. "Well... I have to go and see how she's doing. She's too weak to leave; I had to carry her to the evacuation area, and then I forgot her medicine. But we don't even know if it'll work. It's just a Lum Elixir, a weak cure-all, y'know?" She looked at the medicine again; half-used. "...What're your names, then?"

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
She’d come back into the evacuation zone to get medicine for her friend. Sure, they’d gotten off to a rough start, but that kind of selflessness made her someone Celeste could respect. He placed one forepaw against his chest, then bent the other foreleg, lowering himself into a bow. He then gave a quick, respectful nod before answering.

“My name is Celeste, may I ask yours?”

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
A worldwide illness? The pokemon in his tribe were no strangers to sickness. But the illnesses he had dealt with were not particularly deadly, except perhaps to the young or to the elderly. And they rarely spread from mon to mon. But something world-wide? He shuddered at the mere thought. He could fight something tangible, like a magikarp. Scare it off and keep it away from himself and others.

He couldn't fight a disease.

His name, he just barely caught that she was asking for his name. "Mine is Nip."

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
"I'm Mellow! I just wish we were meeting in better circumstances...", she replied while putting on a smile. Things were a lot more grim than she'd initially been told, then. Maybe her skills with tea-making might come in handy...? If the plants here were anything like they were in her own world. She looked back at the potion that the Crocanaw carried with them...

"Is that made out of berries...? If so, what kind of berries?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Lum and Oran, mostly," Croconaw replied, frowning. "It's something you give if you aren't sure what's wrong, so you kind of just throw everything you can at once..." She sighed. "It hasn't been working, but it at least makes her feel... a little better, I think. She tried to straighten her posture to look more mature. "My name's Surf. I'm gonna be the next great Explorer--after my parents who saved the world!"

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Mellow gave this some thought. Of course, those would be the ones to go too. But there might be stronger things than just oran that could be added...? She would just have to see, and if there was any chance to do so she'd start building a stash of herbs and fruit that had beneficial effects and get started. The Charmander glanced towards the plains in the distance and grimaced. After the Magikarp problem was taken care of... If they managed to take care of it in time...

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Lum and Oran. Salac used to go through those quickly, but she use her gift of Wish for more serious cases. There was a chance wishing would work after all.

“Let me know if you want my help, Surf. I can’t exactly say it’s been nice meeting you under these circumstances, but I’d still be more than willing to help. I’m not the type to harbour a grudge... Especially when I’m mostly at fault.”

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Mhm." Surf crossed her arms, frowning. Then, with a defeated sigh, she said, "Well, I guess I should get going so I can get more of this medicine to Turf... If you guys can somehow break through that Magikarp's immunity, you should focus on that first. See you." She walked past them and toward Treasure Town, still pensive.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Nip watched silently as Surf scurried off. He had no clue if they'd even be sticking around after dealing with the magikarp long enough to help out. But that was a problem for future Nip to deal with.

His attention shifted to Mellow, who had yet to leave unlike the others. Doubts and a burning question still echoed in his head. "What did you come up here for, anyways?"

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Mellow watched Surf leave, and then blinked and turned back to the Sneasel. "Hm? I came up here to get a better view of the town, so I know what's where. That way I can get around without needing to ask for directions.", she replied. "Not that there would be anyone to ask for directions, since everyone evacuated..."

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
He gave the Charmander a scrutinizing look. Should he believe her? Her claim did make sense. And yet... he still didn't quite trust her. "Seems fairly easy to get around," he pointed out, his tone a bit curt. "As far as I could tell on my way up here, most places are right off the straight path."

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Mellow blinked and frowned slightly. "Well it always helps to know for sure. I don't want to get lost and end up on the other side of town on accident..."

R1 – Day 1 evening ~ Curio & Brisa

NebulaDreams

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. luxray
  2. hypno
Curio arrived with Brisa at the bluff, where the cliffside overlooked the beach. She sat on the edge and dangled her legs. "Y'know, there's a lot about this place that reminds me of home, like here. Perfect place to get away from shit."

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa sat with Curio, still agitated and tail thrashing from her awkward departure of the dojo.

"Home, huh? So, uh... I hadn't got round to asking," began Brisa, haltingly aware that she'd now embarrassed herself in front of Curio several times today, "but are you from a world like mine? Like this one, more or less. Only, you had that metal arm back in Veritas City..."

Last edited:

NebulaDreams

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. luxray
  2. hypno
"Erm..." Curio reflexively held her left arm. She probably shouldn't imply that she eavesdropped on Brisa and Dave, so she had to tread lightly. Wow, when was the last time she really needed to watch what she said? "No, not really. Ours has humans, and, well, I guess we're still kind of at the bottom of the totem pole. But I mean, we've got phones, movies, brunches, anything else that's kind of a useless comfort, so it's not all bad." She held out her arm. "To be honest, I don't even know where they got the technology to do the metal arm thing, not like they gave me a choice. Did I ask what your world was like?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom