• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Second Anniversary Mini Prompt Bingo

kintsugi

golden scars | pfp by sun
the warmth of summer in the songs you write
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
Negrek prompt - Good Decisions? In this Economy?

Partners
  1. skiddo-steplively
  2. skiddo-px2
  3. skiddo-px3
  4. skiddo-iametrine
  5. skiddo-coolshades
  6. skiddo-rudolph
  7. skiddo-sleepytime
  8. snowskiddo
  9. skiddotina
  10. skiddengo
  11. skiddoyena
pls force me to Do Things with my dang stuff, probably. If I could get some prompts about fairies (as in the fae, not necessarily fairy-type pokémon... but hey...) and fairy tales, that'd be neat! Thanks!

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Filled out the prompt for Temporal Tower!

============

Tick, tock.

Pillars crumbled, the rubble freezing in midair as it fell. A Treecko and a Piplup ran past, determined to reach the summit in time.

Tick, tock.

A pure seed was consumed, warping the duo to the stairs. There was no time to waste.

Tick, tock.

Even with their determination, their movements began to slow. The blue gears in their bag were beginning to lose their glow.

Tick, tock.

At the top, a pedestal fell off the tower.

Tick, tock.

The Treecko and Piplup suddenly, froze, movement of any sort becoming an impossibility.

Tick.

Tick.

Temporal Tower had collapsed.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Filled out the prompt for Emera!

=============

An expeditioneer returned home after a dungeon trip, setting their bag down next to a bucket of water, in which a transparent sphere soaked.

They took out a bottle from their bag, filled to the brim with rainbow dust. Emera powder, the lifeblood of a mystery dungeon, and a powerful resource.

They dumped the bottle in, and then with their tail, stirred the water until all the emera powder was dissolved.

Already they could begin to see small emera crystals on the sphere, and a light became visible within the sphere.

Soon, the escape orb would be ready for use.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Filled out the prompt for Rainbows of Hope!

=================

Even with four rainbows representing hope overhead, Post Town was not bereft of conflict.

A Ducklett and a Roggenrola got into a heated argument, causing the end of their friendship.

In front of a Gurdurr's eyes, a Duraludon knocked down a building he commissioned. Losing all hope in his construction abilities, he turned to a life of crime.

Virizion received a letter from her best friend, one that stated that their friendship was over. She vowed to never make friends again, if this was how it would turn out.

As Post Town lost its hope, the Rainbows of Hope faded.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Filled out a bonus prompt drabble for Lucario the Hero!

================

An Abra, a Charmander, and a Larvitar were lost in Oddity Cave, stuck on the fifth floor.

"I-is anyone there?" the Charmander asked. "I'm starving..."

"Come! Over here!" an unknown voice shouted.

The three, hesitant, but out of options, followed the voice, coming to a Lucario with an escape orb in paw.

He shattered the orb, and the group appeared outside the cave, safe and sound.

"Stay safe out there," the Lucario said, before running off before the trio could thank him.

Years later, following in the footsteps of the Lucario who saved them, the three formed Rescue Team ACT.

Homestar!

Mikeposter/Galaxy-Brainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
@Homestar!

Good choice for prompts. Hope you enjoy these!

Fire and LightningI'm a heartbreaker... My name... Charles.Enter the Entralink
Three MusketeersRiding the SubwayToday, we're dancing for no reason.
AudinoVillage BridgeCelestial Tower's Chime
Blackout, or, A Wild Misunderstanding

My micro fiction for the bingo card thing! I completely misunderstood the objective! 🙃

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
Say, could I have a card based on the Diamond and Pearl Adventure! manga?

kintsugi

golden scars | pfp by sun
the warmth of summer in the songs you write
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
Negrek said:
Love a good tarot prompt! I'm happy to pick out some major arcana for you, but just so you're aware, I saw the green prompt before you crossed it out and was going to give you "Shiny Pokémon" as an option. Just so you're aware of the kind of high quality content you're missing out on! ;)
JusticeThe MoonJudgement
DeathThe MagicianThe Chariot
The HermitThe TowerWheel of Fortune
dead serious I showed this bingo grid to an irl friend and it took her five seconds to figure out that I would immediately go for the top row because 1) reading past the first line is hard for both of us and 2) she hasn't even read the fic and she knows that these are the edgy thematic archetypes that I crave. this is the most aggressive callout I have received in my entire life.

fills below bc idk what thread they'd go in. thank you again for hosting; this was such a good idea and I had such a blast!

judgment.png

[text source]

JUDGEMENT

Meaning:
This card is referred to as a time of resurrection and awakening, a time when a period of our life comes to an absolute end making way for dynamic new beginnings.
Upright: Awakening, Decision making, Redemption, Reincarnation, Renewal, Transition
Reversed: Poor logic, Poor or hasty judgement, Self-doubt, Stagnation

moon.png

[text source]

THE MOON

Meaning:
The Moon is a card of illusion and deception, and therefore often suggests a time when something is not as it appears to be. Perhaps a misunderstanding on your part, or a truth you cannot admit to yourself.
Upright: Deception, Difficult period, Fear, Hidden things, Insecurity, Mental confusion
Reversed: Insomnia, Mysteries unveiled, Release of fear, Unhappiness, Unusual dreams

justice.png

[text source]

JUSTICE

Meaning:
The Justice card indicates that the fairest decision will be made. Justice is the sword that cuts through a situation, and will not be swayed by outer beauty when deciding what is fair and just.
Upright: Balance and equilibrium, Cause and effect, Fairness, Justice, Responsibilty
Reversed: Dishonesty, Imbalance, Lack of accountability, Legal flaws, Unfair treatment

Last edited:

RJR Basimilus

Arceus is nice I suppose...
Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
Finished parts of my own card, roughly a bingo or so! Relevant information in thread I created to contain it.
Thanks again for all the fun! Here

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
Alright, so here's the link to my thread with my three completed prompts - all the top row of my card.

Meridian

local liminal entity
Pronouns
any/all
Seems I'm not too late to sign up, by a stroke of luck heh.
I'm still fairly rooted in writing about worldbuilding or setting elements, but I'm not the most interested in 'venturing out' a lot since I basically haven't written anything beyond maybe a paragraph of lore here or there in months. I'll probably try and walk a line between vignette and encyclopedia entry regardless.
So hit me with idk, Pokemon Contests? With maybe some general journeyfic / fanregion prompts thrown in?

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Thanks to everyone who's been posting your bingo fills (or links to them) in this thread! Please remember to do that so I can credit you for your pokémon partner, if you'd like one. I'm also going to put together an index of prompt fills so that anyone who'd like to can find them easily! As discussed on the Discord server, I am also extending the deadline for completing a bingo to May 14th.

Another batch of bingo cards here:

@Flaze

No theme, no problem! I hope you find these prompts fun.

Weather ReportJourney's EndFrogs and Tadpoles
Laugh Out LoudBeach EpisodeSky's the Limit
And Then There Were NoneTime FliesUnderground

@unrepentantAuthor

A fine theme! Hope you enjoy these prompts.

Who Are You?Newly-Challenging TasksMorph Fellowship
New ClothesUnexpected JoysWrong Size, Wrong Shape
New SensesBetween Two WorldsWelcomed or Cast Out?

@Nubushi

There ended up being more than a splash of Sinnoh in here; hope that's okay!

Ghosts in StaticFresh Winter MorningForgotten Temple
Haunted MansionSecret SocietyUnfeeling Genius
Slumbering Under SnowWorld-Ending PlanTruth in Legend

@Chibi Pika

Ooh, interesting theme. Curious to see who you'll write about!

In Human LandsEvading CaptureDowntime Fun
Commune With the ElementsKinship Among AncientsRedecorating the Lair
Legendary SquabblesThe Latest NewsFriends and Rivals

@aer

Fun topic! Hope you enjoy these.

Rescuing a PokémonProfessor TreeLegendary Partner
Team Whatever's Evil DeedsMid-Battle EvolutionWaking for a Journey
Incompetent GruntsRebellious PokémonMysterious Destiny

@Blackjack Gabbiani

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with Diamond and Pearl Adventures. I can give you more generally Sinnoh-related prompts, or you can choose a different theme if you like.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
Unfortunately I'm not familiar with Diamond and Pearl Adventures. I can give you more generally Sinnoh-related prompts, or you can choose a different theme if you like.
What aww. Sure go for it, more Sinnoh prompts. I just wanna write some DPA. Also everyone should totally read it at some point because it's great. The ending is a little rushed but all the framework for it is set up.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
New bingo prompt story, a Neat Freaks Trubbish!

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
Hey uh, not to rush or anything but it's been a few days since I asked for a Sinnoh board. How is that coming? I'd like to get started soon.

Top Bottom