• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Second Anniversary Mini Prompt Bingo

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Hey, @Chibi Pika! As promised, I finally got around to reviewing these lovely little drabbles. Nice one sticking to the 100w constraint, I'm always rather tickled when people manage that. Also, these were really charming! I know you specified they're not necessarily LC-verse but you'll forgive me for parsing them that way all the same, aha. I had some fun guessing what legendary pokémon each of these were about! Oh, one note: you might want to edit in the prompt theme – Daily Life for a Legend – as a title. I think the context is worthwhile for people who missed or forgot what your theme was.

In Human Lands

I think the part I like best about this one is too many coins, it's adorable! Bless these silly dragons, not having knowledge of monetary value but wanting to pay for their pastries all the same. I think I guessed at one of the pixie/sprite legendary 'mons at first, but red/blue wings is sufficiently iconic to identify these two cuties as Latias and Latios. There was something soothing for my heart about the word choice for several of these lines, my favourite being the sweet prize line. I love imagining this drabble as part of an anime credits sequence or opening scene.

Evading Capture

Suicune is an instant guess, what with the north wind moniker. I am put in mind of Team Rocket first, not Eusine, but even besides those two, capture of legendary 'mon is a recurring feature of the franchise. That inevitability and the defiance stifling dread anticipation is pretty damn resonant. This one feels a lot more internal, in Suicune's head, with less attention to sensory details and the environmental context. I think a few words could be trimmed here and there to make room for a sensory detail or two, but it's good stuff regardless.

Friends and Rivals

I was put in mind of kyogre and rayquaza at first, since they are my strongest legendary associations for sky and sea, but the dualistic motif made me realise this is probably actually Lugia and Ho-oh, right? Pretty fun description, with my favourite being to fly would be to swim, a cute inversion of the more common trope comparing agile swimmers to birds in flight. Striking!

If you ever fancy filling out the rest of your bingo card, I'd be thrilled to read!

Top Bottom